Thread: Process types and hypnosis

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Process types and hypnosis

I’d like your opinion on this.

When trying to cenceptualize what separation, timelessness and nothingness are, experiences of derealization or depersonalization and akin to synaesthesia may arise. Regularly, such experiences come after intent focus. Process types are described to fall into hypnosis (or hypnotic states) more easily than result types, and I was wondering if this dichotomy could have any incidence in these types ocurrances. In this case, focusing on a concept with less tendency to jump steps would clear out consciousness and open it to involuntary self-suggestibility (where the deep meaning and weight of a concept would implant itself) that would later mature into the result of the self-hypnosis. Of course, it can be said that just the mind trying to grapple with unordinary concepts, but I’m trying to see the process here.
    Last edited by Rusal; 04-28-2020 at 05:23 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’m a results-type and I tried inner reflection and took courses in meditation at a Buddhist temple. I don’t think there’s anything in there. I close my eyes and I’m instantly bored out of my mind. I have no idea what they were trying to do.

It’s like you go to the beach to relax and you’re there for hours. The sun is frozen in the sky, the sand is burning your skin, there’s nothing on the horizon and time seems to stretch on forever. Then you look at your watch and five minutes have passed.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post

When trying to cenceptualize what separation, timelessness and nothingness are, experiences of derealization or depersonalization and akin to synaesthesia may arise. Regularly, such experiences come after intent focus. Process types are described to fall into hypnosis (or hypnotic states) more easily than result types, and I was wondering if this dichotomy could have any incidence in these types ocurrances. In this case, focusing on a concept with less tendency to jump steps would clear out consciousness and open it to involuntary self-suggestibility (where the deep meaning and weight of a concept would implant itself) that would later mature into the result of the self-hypnosis. Of course, it can be said that just the mind trying to grapple with unordinary concepts, but I’m trying to see the process here.
    Before I a had psychotic episode, I remember that I was thinking about duality and separation and speculating on it, and indeed I entered a hypnotic state which I myself made auto suggestions without knowing it was self hypnosis. Then I started to make a lot of self suggestions and I started to derealize until I lost contact with what we call reality

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I’m a results-type and I tried inner reflection and took courses in meditation at a Buddhist temple. I don’t think there’s anything in there. I close my eyes and I’m instantly bored out of my mind. I have no idea what they were trying to do.

It’s like you go to the beach to relax and you’re there for hours. The sun is frozen in the sky, the sand is burning your skin, there’s nothing on the horizon and time seems to stretch on forever. Then you look at your watch and five minutes have passed.
    Frozen sun and burning sand. You're an artist, Adam!

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post

Process types might fall more easily into hypnotic states, but result types fall big when they do. Symmetry and balance are the most fundamental aspects of typology. If you use those two principles, you can unlock it all.