Thread: SEI- EII

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI- EII

I hesitate to start (yet) another thread(!), but i couldn't find one on SEI-EII relations. Could you please share what you know or have observed about this dynamic? Thanks. (ETA: @Tallmo, @Beautiful sky, @ooo, ....and anyone else who has something to add, an example, an observation etc).
    Last edited by Delilah; 06-03-2019 at 05:06 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Big problems between the Fi and Fe world approach. Both try to get along, but both would be happier apart.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no strong feelings to report. I have an older SEI cousin to whom I never was particularly attached, and somehow she used to look up to me while growing up, she even asked me to help her out with her thesis when I was 18.
    I used to have a SEI maid ages ago, we used to get along very well, but she was a bit too gossipy for my tastes, and in the end she flied out with the wind without even giving a call...
    another SEI girl I met online and lol, she was stalking my ass because she thought I had something going on with her bf, and it was bothering because she used to ban me everywhere in order to keep me out...

I can think of other lovely SEIs I met but... hmm, there's never been a real serious friendship or relationship with any of them.

in general I can tell I think they're a bit too "merry" for my tastes.

I'm sorry I can't provide more examples

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have an SEI coworker/friend with whom I have worked with for 12 years, three SEI cousins (two females, one male), an SEI nephew, and dated an SEI for about a year. That is the beginning of this process so let me explain..

SEI are like ESE in a lot of ways... they seek where the fun , light hearted merriment is. I’m a somber sober serious person who talks to my friends about serious issues that bother me. When my SEI friend asked me to go running with her I thought it would be time that she and I could talk about my issues but really for her it was time to exercise. She was focused on her goals of being healthy and fit. Before Socionics this may have upset me but not now. She also did not take sides when a mutual friend betrayed me and refused to side with me. Her sense of loyalty was never there I think because the other girl was way more “fun” than I. In my delta nature my friends are mine. They are not yours. They can be nice and civil to you but they are mine because I don’t take friendships lightly. They are deep and serious. Not so much with her. I have done so much for this girl. All because I am very Benefactor. I tried to integrate myself into her life and have helped her on many levels but I always feel that she doesn’t hear me. For instance she was going through a nasty divorce with three little kids. She was so worried about them being taken etc. I drove her to the lawyer office, I encouraged her and I told her about the law to reassure her that no such thing would ever happen. I have fed her when she had no food. I have done so much in our friendship and felt very little return on the investment. It is an empty feeling to be with one’s Beneficiary relationship. I want everyone who is in one to take a good look at what I am writing here.

With my cousins similar situation is occurring. I strive to help them, they don’t need my help, so I only speak to them about intellectual knowledge and keep it at that. They get into buzzard new age or current metaphysic knowledge and I don’t always get on board with the latest changes in society. If Oprah said today that eating meat was disgusting, they would follow her like sheep. Not me. I am my own person. I will research what experts say and do about eating meat and I may quietly, without advertising try it for myself before proclaiming it as a truth to others.

The SEI I dated was way too physically rough for me. You would think he’s a caregiver and yes gave me caregiver advice but was too aggressive. I don’t like physical intensity. He was not at all encouraging either. I am confident so I would tell him that I could reach my goals and he would say “no you cannot “ or “fine try it” He also wanted a lot of distance before he was ready to be serious but by the time he was I was no longer interested.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-03-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.com/rel/bn.htm

She always criticized me for not knowing or wanting to have light hearted “fun” which to her was to have sex with someone who was just around at the time. Not me. Sex is sacred to me that is only shared in a loving relationship
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should know because i have dated three EIIs (not at the same time). It didnt work. The first was a harmonizer,student of art history. The second was a Normalizer photographer. The third was Dominant, a teacher and some kind of political activist.

Its hard to summarize but i think the relationship always stays on a slightly distant or polite level. Its hard to just be yourself. Confusing. With EII there is also this "extra layer" because they adapt to you and are willing to work on the relationship. But that doesnt improve the basic compatibility of course.

There is definitely attraction though.

I also had the feeling that the EII couldnt see me for what i am at all. Dont know if its true but it felt like that.

Not a good combination. IEE is better if we stay in the delta quadra.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEI girlfriend is somewhat close with her EII sister. They don't really talk much about their feelings or impressions of things; they're on totally different wavelengths about that. Usually they'll just sit together and make small talk instead, or sometimes talk about shared experiences in the past, in fairly "objective" terms -- e.g. A. "That was awful, yeah?" B. "Mm". rather than "I hated that for x,y reasons". Similarly my girlfriend doesn't talk about our relationship to the EII; the EII doesn't talk about her relationships and friendships. When they get together it's to "hang out" (as the EII puts it) -- watch a movie, eat something the SEI made, and relate by just being together or doing stuff, rather than by talking.

Socionics considers the EII benefactor to the SEI. I'm skeptical of much ITR stuff, but for what it's worth, this is how their interaction might be related: so, the EII doesn't really plan, or think ahead, for anything -- classic low Te, etc., and she can be fairly inconsiderate -- again, in EII fashion, there's a tendency to think only for herself; others are considered only to the extent the EII cares about them. My SEI will make pointed comments toward the EII to get her to change (as pointed as an SEI can really get, at least): invest more consideration into her life, stop spending money on useless crap, mention that she needs a ride somewhere more than thirty minutes in advance, etc. The EII feels uncomfortable, blows off the SEI, and attempts to change the conversation, becoming more irritated and controlling. In return, the EII will sometimes attempt to give advice to the SEI, but she's utterly useless at it -- she just doesn't understand the SEI's attitude/personality at all.

Banned
    TIM
    EII-Ne 6w5 SP/SX 629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have SEI close friends , SEI male.
    I'm close with him , but sometimes his Fe makes me feel uncomfortable to me.
    He wants me to open with my feelings and feedback to me...

He ever ranted to me , and i just tried to understood his emotions

But , overall I never fight with him
    Last edited by saskiaza21; 04-30-2020 at 11:27 AM.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love SEIs, just don’t always understand them I guess.

One of my last best friends was SEI-Fe, and I saw her as this little pillar of strength and wit. I admit, I was jealous of her in many ways. She kept a certain distance in our relationship that wasn’t readily apparent. Extremely smart, charming, and sensible person. Often gave me “mom” vibes in our interactions. There was a great barrier in understanding on both ends though, that eventually led to the dissolution of our friendship.

Later I had another SEI best friend, but this one was Si-sub. I was very fond of her and her family and seeked to know her better. She felt like the sister I’d never had. Sweet as honey and exceptionally creative. But eventually she became uncomfortable with my emphasized Fi, and our friendship also came to a halt.

I know a few other SEIs, some who can have rather abrasive opinions and others who are like human bunny-shaped marshmallows. I mostly adore them, but they are definitely ILE’s dual!

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mum (SEI) and i can get along from a distance. we have the same Fi opinions but wildly different ways of expressing them. she has a lot more of a live-and-let-live attitude (but she will still judge you), where i think principles are important. i think i've learned better using socionics how to communicate to her and appeal to her Fe, which for some reason is important to me. but when we live together it turns into a mess pretty quickly, because we just have completely different ways of handling situations. and i think we both believe so strongly in our way of handling that the other is automatically annoying. that is how it is for me at least. i know she feels just as deeply as i do, and it's sometimes hard to consider her because of how strongly she expects you to do so. it's selfish and selfless at the same time; it's definitely a confusing relation.