Thread: Subtypes in IEI - SLE duality (INFp & ESTp)

Creepy-

Default Subtypes in IEI - SLE duality (INFp & ESTp)

Would an ESTP with a Ti subtype experience duality with an INFP, Ni subtype or an ENFJ? (assuming INFP/Fe subtype is ideal)

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8-6-4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtypes in INFp-ESTp duality: SLE-Ti and IEI-Ni

As an SLE-Ti, how am I supposed to get along with an Ni-subtype IEI ? Most people seem to agree that logical subtypes go better with ethical subtypes, and sensory type with inuitive...I hope that's not true...any real-life experience?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice: Don't pre-destine any potential relations with Ni subtypes to failure by fearing they aren't ideal.
    Duality isn't even necessarily an ultimate relationship; so don't sweat it!
    Theoretically, I suppose Ti + Fe subtype would fit better. But sometimes things that don't fit perfectly are more perfect...
    In the end Socionics type is insignificant compared to other factors for compatibility.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yeah intertype relations are so hazy to begin with that going into subtypes is pointless. theoretically matching subtypes are better but that's in a different place than the real world. i guess it couldn't hurt to listen to some anecdotes if that's what you want but take them for what they are.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen multiple theories of subtype compatibility, when taken en masses they seem to suggest that their are distinct benefits to either subtype of dual.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overall I would say the unfiltered receptivity in Se-subs is often counteracted by their sporadic excess... whereas in Ti-subs the channel may not be as immediately open, but once the feedback loop is sealed, it's extremely efficient. I don't think there's a direct parallel between rational and irrational subtype compatibility, and find it hard to differentiate between my own duals', as I've found things like gender, e-type/variant and DCNH to be statistically related.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8-6-4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not one to discard a relationship because of some psychological theory..still, i'm curious as I found the descriptions of duality to be pretty damn accurate in my life. And honestly, knowing that a relationship has a good chance of working is like a fuel for me to actively pursue that relationship, it fits my Ti model which motivates my Se, I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    overall I would say the unfiltered receptivity in Se-subs is often counteracted by their sporadic excess... whereas in Ti-subs the channel may not be as immediately open, but once the feedback loop is sealed, it's extremely efficient. I don't think there's a direct parallel between rational and irrational subtype compatibility, and find it hard to differentiate between my own duals', as I've found things like gender, e-type/variant and DCNH to be statistically related.
    What do you mean by receptivity?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The subtype effect is light, but in general I find that my interaction with Pe-EPs, who likewise share a higher dose of irrationality, proceeds more smoothly than with Ji-EPs. It's like we polarize each other to draw out creative functions exactly when they are needed, while with Ji-EPs the cycles oscillates slightly out of phase and causes some strain. This has a stronger effect in mirage relations than in dual relations, ime.

Quote Originally Posted by pericles View Post
    ...I hope that's not true...
    why does this being true or not matter to you?

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an SLE-Ti, how am I supposed to get along with an Ni-subtype IEI ? Most people seem to agree that logical subtypes go better with ethical subtypes, and sensory type with inuitive...I hope that's not true...any real-life experience?
    What the hell is wrong with you, man? Are you seriously saying you even pay attention to such petty details as sub-fucking-types in real life everyday relationships? :S Jesus... Duality isn't everything, you know! I'm dating my beneficiary and I'm much happier with him than with any of the duals I've dated before, because even if we match only briefly in socionics, we have mutual interests and he is good to me. If you like someone, please do not let subtypes ruin it!

Jesus man... Get a grip! I'm happy socionics isn't everything – I'd die of all the fucks in my head if all my duals were like this.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8-6-4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    why does this being true or not matter to you?
    Because my experience with IEI-Fe types has been so great (as compared to any other type) that I do know that that's what I'm exactly looking for in a relationhip.

Quote Originally Posted by Aivonaima View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you, man? Are you seriously saying you even pay attention to such petty details as sub-fucking-types in real life everyday relationships? :S Jesus... Duality isn't everything, you know! I'm dating my beneficiary and I'm much happier with him than with any of the duals I've dated before, because even if we match only briefly in socionics, we have mutual interests and he is good to me. If you like someone, please do not let subtypes ruin it!

Jesus man... Get a grip! I'm happy socionics isn't everything – I'd die of all the fucks in my head if all my duals were like this.
    All my duals have been awesome, I guess you are the exception that proves the rule :--)

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@pericles... you the same pericles I know from personality cafe? if so, welcome! Good to have another SLE-Ti around here.

Personally I find IEI-Fe's to be a freaking blast too. They love to party, in fact they're the ones inviting me to the parties, introducing all of their friends to me and getting me well acquainted with everyone so I fit right in. IEI-Ni's are fun in their own way. They seem to have this homebody "sit by the fire and cuddle" kind of vibe to them. But they're sorta quiet and artistic, incredibly hard to find in my experience. They have a much more imaginative and fanciful existence and put up a good chase, like reliving "great expectations" or something. Incredibly dramatic. I'd say most of the IEI-Ni's I've personally met were 4's, while the IEI-Fe's were 2's.

IEI-Fe's, fun, tons of energy, out partying and incorporating me into the party (which I have difficulty doing myself), spice up my life, energize me and I become socially indestructible.

IEI-Ni's. Dramatic, fanciful, terrifying and challenging to chase, satisfy a very deep and piercing craving for emotional depth.

though as far as "great expectations" goes, I think gwenyth paltrow is SEI or something. So I could be mixing IEI-Ni up with whatever tha fuk type she is.

Last edited by Azure Flame; 10-28-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE is a willful person who has leadership qualities that IEI likes and in turn needs the IEI to see what outcomes will come out of certain things, sort of guiding the SLE's actions. SLE, with their Fi polr and weak sense of what certain people are for, will use people. A good example is the thread DJ opened, talking about the business transaction with his friend, he wanted to use his friend to venture in a business organization/plan, but the IEI would have dealt with that polr by saying that that's really not how you treat a friend, in an indirect way. So the IEI helps the dual to not use people as objects but rather help them figure out what will come about by their decisions/actions. This helps SLE have and keep their friends and other relations around. Instead, I would just blame the SLE for being careless and mean. I wouldn't take their PoLR lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    @pericles... you the same pericles I know from personality cafe? if so, welcome! Good to have another SLE-Ti around here.
    Read above post
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-28-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ni follows an object around, kind of like watching something in motion and picks up on certain patterns, where Se will pick up on the state of that object (color of hair etc); well what Ni does is in following the object around they can estimate what the object does and with this they tell the Se what the object is doing and is likely to do. Se/Ni work together in this way on concrete and realistic objects/people and things.

While I am busy thinking about Fi stuff, Ni is tracking me around, trying to figure out what I do; in this way, they are faster much faster at shooting for objectives of conquer and win, competitiveness characteristic of Beta. Everyone dies. Why hurry? That's Alpha Delta mentality. But, since you're alive you compete and try to win, that's Se/Ni of Beta and Gamma.
    -

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post

Personally I find IEI-Fe's to be a freaking blast too. They love to party, in fact they're the ones inviting me to the parties, introducing all of their friends to me and getting me well acquainted with everyone so I fit right in. IEI-Ni's are fun in their own way. They seem to have this homebody "sit by the fire and cuddle" kind of vibe to them. But they're sorta quiet and artistic, incredibly hard to find in my experience. They have a much more imaginative and fanciful existence and put up a good chase, like reliving "great expectations" or something. Incredibly dramatic. I'd say most of the IEI-Ni's I've personally met were 4's, while the IEI-Fe's were 2's.

IEI-Fe's, fun, tons of energy, out partying and incorporating me into the party (which I have difficulty doing myself), spice up my life, energize me and I become socially indestructible.

IEI-Ni's. Dramatic, fanciful, terrifying and challenging to chase, satisfy a very deep and piercing craving for emotional depth.

though as far as "great expectations" goes, I think gwenyth paltrow is SEI or something. So I could be mixing IEI-Ni up with whatever tha fuk type she is.

Are you sure the IEI-Fes that you're describing are IEIs? Fe creative always takes a more laidback form, ime as an IEI-Fe (im pretty certain),it takes the form of noticing subtle or overt nuances in the emotional atmosphere and responding/ or influencing the atmosphere accordingly. Acting all prosocial and actively getting people to join in is more of a Fe-base or atleast extrovert thing...

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, well right, base Fe is kinda like, "Yo get your ass over here and join us!" while creative is more like, "psst... come on over here... its warm"
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Judging or Perceiving subtypes get along better in any kind of Socionics relationship
    Last edited by Amber; 01-03-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SLE is a willful person who has leadership qualities that IEI likes and in turn needs the IEI to see what outcomes will come out of certain things, sort of guiding the SLE's actions. SLE, with their Fi polr and weak sense of what certain people are for, will use people. A good example is the thread DJ opened, talking about the business transaction with his friend, he wanted to use his friend to venture in a business organization/plan, but the IEI would have dealt with that polr by saying that that's really not how you treat a friend, in an indirect way. So the IEI helps the dual to not use people as objects but rather help them figure out what will come about by their decisions/actions. This helps SLE have and keep their friends and other relations around. Instead, I would just blame the SLE for being careless and mean. I wouldn't take their PoLR lightly.

Read above post
    If you've seen this happen IRL, you must be blessed with enlightened vision . I haven't seen a whole bunch of scenarios, true, but from what I have IEI mostly helps the SLE feel less of a dick. Has a soothing effect. So much fun, laughs, I'm so Se-energized, lawl. My ex was IEI and she was thrilled by my SLE father's eradication methods. She liked his aggression, whether it was justified by purpose or not. He's toned down a bit lately, that's true as well. But all in all I'm more critical of Sle than IEI. Still ... not for Fi reasons.