Thread: Business Relations between SLI and ILI

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Business Relations between SLI and ILI

Hello! I know I have posted two other similar threads before, but there wasn't a great response to those so I decided to try this out again.

How would a business/look a like relationship (both romantic and platonic) between an SLI-Si and an ILI-Te be like?

Will this be a good match?

I'm actually wondering how this dynamic would play out.

Anyone with a clue or relevant experiences could share their 2 cents
    Last edited by Pastel; 12-09-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

as boring, surface and not supporting. generally

the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php/54782-Platonic-or-Romantic-Business-Look-a-like-Relationship-Examples
    the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php/54624-Any-INTp-and-ISTp-relationship-experiences

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    From what I gather SLIs like Fi, and they only get excited over IEEs. Although they seem to also like SEIs a lot (probably the demonstrative Fi and Si lead).
    SLIs are one type that really does need decent Fi.

I have seen SLIs with SEEs, SEIs and IEEs. An SLI relationship without an Fi creative or demonstrative type might be too stoic, bland or argumentative.
    Business relationships (along with Ego) in general are quite shallow and provide poor chemistry.

In terms of platonic, it would lack warmth. Both the ILI and SLI are looking for a sensitive and engaging partner or conversationalist. Either the SEE or IEE can provide that to both the SLI and ILI. In business I am sure it would be fine, but outside of that it would lack someone to maintain and start the relationship the way an Fi creative could.

Hello @sorrows ! Thank you for your response
    But this istp actually did feel excited each time he saw the intp in the past. :/

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about SLI-ILI business, but my parents are LSI-ESI business, so I have observed business over a long time. It's not good. Bad support, bad communication and understanding. Difficult to do things together.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking as an SLI, I have an ILI brother who is 5 years older than me. While it generally lacks emotional warmth and lack of physical activity, we do have personal and insightful conversations whenever we get a plan going with each other. We can wait for months to talk to each other, and not feel an urge to speak to the other one at all. But it's not that we don't like each other, it's the unspoken feeling of the next time one of us calls randomly, it'll pick right back up as though we saw each other ten minutes ago. We gravitate toward the familiarity, I think.

We talk about our lives, insult each other lovingly, and respect each other's strengths and vent about our weaknesses. However, because he's declaring over asking, he ensures most of the communication while I listen and speak from time to time. People can look at us and think we are cold and distant toward each other because of the way we address each other, but we see it as being natural. Whenever we have been given something productive to do, it gets done, but it's not at the forefront of our mind and leading our time together. We just walk and make comments on whatever we see. We don't have to try too hard around each other, so it feels safe and quaint.

While the downside is emotional warmth and a lack of many activities, the relationship is redeemed by being intellectual, like-minded, quaint, and chill.

Yeah. I love Pokémon.