Page 158 of 163 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,320 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tired of the news right now myself, I've shut myself off from it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I'm tired of the news right now myself, I've shut myself off from it.
    It’s so much better to just sit with someone who’s company you enjoy or someone NEW
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually very selective with which company I like to have around me, but yeah, having someone around I enjoy would be nice :/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re my avatar:

Stirlitz, one of the LSE exemplars, was a Russian Spy infiltrating the Nazi Regime - and not actually a Nazi himself.

see 17 Moments of Springtime
    and
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stierlitz

Stierlitz takes a key role in SS Reich Main Security Office in Berlin during World War II, infiltrating Ausland-SD (foreign intelligence) headed by Walter Schellenberg. Working deep undercover, Stierlitz tries to collect intelligence about the Germans' war plans and communicate it to Moscow. He receives instructions from Moscow on how to proceed, on one occasion traveling to Switzerland on a secret mission.[2] He diverts the German nuclear "Vengeance Weapon" research program into a fruitless dead-end, thwarts separate peace talks between Nazi Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States, engages in intellectual games with members of the Nazi high command and sacrifices his own happiness for the good of his motherland. Despite being racked with desire to return home to his wife he subordinates his feelings to his duty, thus embodying an idealised Soviet vision of patriotism.[3]

Stierlitz is quite an opposite of the action-oriented James Bond; most of the time he gains his knowledge without any Bond-style stunts and gadgets, while in the film adaptation of the stories the action is presented through a narrative voice-over by Yefim Kopelyan.[4] He is presented in a deeply patriotic but non-ideological light, fighting to defend the Soviet motherland against external enemies rather than just defending the Communist government against its ideological opponents.[5]
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually very selective with which company I like to have around me, but yeah, having someone around I enjoy would be nice :/
    well that doesn't sound very delta

jk
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    well that doesn't sound very delta

jk

Oh okay, lol. I was like, what does it sound like to you?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, this doctor I am talking to is intriguing me with his mind. He is basically like an encyclopedia with a lot of Te and Si. I'm thinking he's LSE. I'm not very physically attracted to him and I have some wary feelings, but I can't help but enjoy communicating with him. He is the only person on the 2 dating apps I tried who I like to converse with/don't feel bored.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I always wanted to marry a feminist man. Someone who asked me if I would feel opposed if I was asked to do the dishes. Just like that movie... can’t remember the title “short wedding” instead I married an LSE man’s man who fixes motorcycles and cars and boats
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out that my classes for next semester are probably going to be remote once again. I had been warned that this was possible when registering. In the alternate scenario where classes are in person, there will probably be a lot of changes as is either way. I didn't mind it so much during my last semester. During our first three or two-and-a-half months, we had in-person learning.

I am wondering if not having any in-person experience will make for any difference in performance. I don't mind this format so much in classes that are subjects of strength. One of my classes, geology was more challenging though because we had remote labs which are much different, because you can't partner up.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post
    I found out that my classes for next semester are probably going to be remote once again. I had been warned that this was possible when registering. In the alternate scenario where classes are in person, there will probably be a lot of changes as is either way. I didn't mind it so much during my last semester. During our first three or two-and-a-half months, we had in-person learning.

I am wondering if not having any in-person experience will make for any difference in performance. I don't mind this format so much in classes that are subjects of strength. One of my classes, geology was more challenging though because we had remote labs which are much different, because you can't partner up.
    I did two-ish years of my four-year degree via online/distance methods. The university was already set up to work like that (a lot of it was designed to help deployed service members get degrees), so while a lot of it was tedious it worked out ok. I found in online classes there was a ton more reading, I think because they couldn't do grades based on attendance.

Let us know how it goes! The whole education systems and how they'll adapt is interesting to me.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I did two-ish years of my four-year degree via online/distance methods. The university was already set up to work like that (a lot of it was designed to help deployed service members get degrees), so while a lot of it was tedious it worked out ok. I found in online classes there was a ton more reading, I think because they couldn't do grades based on attendance.

Let us know how it goes! The whole education systems and how they'll adapt is interesting to me.
    It does mix things up a bit, with a whole new format. It sounds like you were used to the format with the University being in that general format. I am glad that things worked overall with your experience.

I found that keeping up with the work wasn't too bad. It depends on someone's general learning style, if it ends up working out in the end or now, In the more challenging of the classes, I got a bit mixed up at a few points last semester, but it's probably also part of it being a different experience. There was reading, and one of my professors had audio lectures along with her powerpoints.

Thank you, I'll add any two cents once it starts up. x3

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, this doctor I am talking to is intriguing me with his mind. He is basically like an encyclopedia with a lot of Te and Si. I'm thinking he's LSE. I'm not very physically attracted to him and I have some wary feelings, but I can't help but enjoy communicating with him. He is the only person on the 2 dating apps I tried who I like to converse with/don't feel bored.
    How did this go?

When I first met my spouse, I didn't find him overwhelmingly attractive like I thought I would with a romantic partner, but over time attraction has grown. That isn't to say that physicality isn't a vital aspect of a romantic relationship. But sometimes it doesn't have to be like the movies to work out.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did this go?

When I first met my spouse, I didn't find him overwhelmingly attractive like I thought I would with a romantic partner, but over time attraction has grown. That isn't to say that physicality isn't a vital aspect of a romantic relationship. But sometimes it doesn't have to be like the movies to work out.
    We stopped talking lol. To be honest I always had a bit of a raised suspicion with him, although I did enjoy talking to him very much. I always had a feeling of potential danger though.

I feel like I'm at a place I can see really quickly if someone has potential for long-term, which unfortunately has been no one I have yet met on a dating site. That's okay though, I'm content where I'm at. I do get lonely, but I'm willing to wait for someone who is right : ) If that takes forever, so be it, lol. Thank you for asking : )

P.S. Yeah the movie thing, ugh, how movies mess with us lol. I'm definitely not expecting anything movie-like at this point. I'm glad you have found a life partner! I've always been kind of late to the game on certain things, so we will see how it works out

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We stopped talking lol. To be honest I always had a bit of a raised suspicion with him, although I did enjoy talking to him very much. I always had a feeling of potential danger though.

I feel like I'm at a place I can see really quickly if someone has potential for long-term, which unfortunately has been no one I have yet met on a dating site. That's okay though, I'm content where I'm at. I do get lonely, but I'm willing to wait for someone who is right : ) If that takes forever, so be it, lol. Thank you for asking : )

P.S. Yeah the movie thing, ugh, how movies mess with us lol. I'm definitely not expecting anything movie-like at this point. I'm glad you have found a life partner! I've always been kind of late to the game on certain things, so we will see how it works out
    Good job tuning into your safety sensor! When I did online dating, there were a couple different men with whom I managed to create a written connection. One was even quite fun and we had some great conversation. I went on two IRL dates with him, and fairly quickly became uncomfortable with how he was not respecting my boundaries. When said aloud that I was feeling uncomfortable, he switched into demeaning and barely veiled aggression. It was disappointing, but I absolutely had no time for someone like that and cut him off completely.

I, too, was of the mind that it's better to fly solo than to tie myself to the wrong partner. It took me until my mid-30s, but I'm content with how it has gone and who I found. Both of us have had opportunities to grow as individuals and since we both value growth and doing things well, we've come into our relationship with some maturity plus we are actively learning how to support each other.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My LSI father did not visited hair dressers. He cuted his hairs himself with a big mirror, a scissors and a hairbrush. His hair style is middle long hairs with a side bang.
    My hairstyle since ~20 yo is simpler - short 6 mm hairs with a small bang (without a bang you'd look like in an army ). It's called "by a guide comb". It should not be complicated to do yourself by a clip. So I've bought a model and later plan to try.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I ran into a lot of my old art and writing from when I was a kid/adolescent. Most of my time in my youth was spent writing stories, poems and songs, drawing and playing the keyboard.

One thing I noticed, I mean my art style has always been rather whimsical/fantasy like, but I noticed that I always have women featured in my drawings, even as a kid. Those women are reflections of myself. They are usually in mystical and/or fantasy attire and there are a lot of nature themes and elements, moons etc. The same in much of the art I like.

I found a story I wrote that features faeries, wizards and the like , but the main character is a young girl.

I know @Froody Blue Gem and I have talked on some occasions about having fantasies come up frequently in our everyday lives and I wonder how many other delta NF's experience this.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H-hi quadra... I... I must confess something...

I...

im train

TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I ran into a lot of my old art and writing from when I was a kid/adolescent. Most of my time in my youth was spent writing stories, poems and songs, drawing and playing the keyboard.

One thing I noticed, I mean my art style has always been rather whimsical/fantasy like, but I noticed that I always have women featured in my drawings, even as a kid. Those women are reflections of myself. They are usually in mystical and/or fantasy attire and there are a lot of nature themes and elements, moons etc. The same in much of the art I like.

I found a story I wrote that features faeries, wizards and the like , but the main character is a young girl.

I know @Froody Blue Gem and I have talked on some occasions about having fantasies come up frequently in our everyday lives and I wonder how many other delta NF's experience this.
    That is really cool and neat. It's a walk down memory lane, finding old art/stories. :3 I know that it often brings back old memories. And comparing it to possible current stuff, seeing what might of changed, style and content wise.

Sometimes with my old stuff, I forgot that I even did some of the stuff until I happen to stumble across it, or rediscover it. I hate throwing old stuff away because you can always look back on it. But I am a big packrat, and a lot of drawings/art/papers pile up very quickly.

That is also interesting how you incorporate a reflection of yourself. There is no right or wrong way to do it, and sometimes, it comes about on a subconscious level, to put a little of yourself in your art/character/world. It sounds like a beautiful, magical world that you created, and expressed yourself in. I have a lot of me-characters/alter egos in my artwork, and I also have a cartoon version of the regular version of myself.

I do find that the general fantasy, my own little world is a big part of my life. A place to escape to, and things can always be added or created. And I'm constantly coming up with ideas for art. I can't quite force them to come, but when I'm not even trying to get ideas, inspiration sparks. It may revolve around what I'm currently interested in/obsessed in, like what characters/series that I'm into, but also with a fantasy element in there. Also with a lot of randomness, whimsy, and kookiness, and connecting it to my situation, or other interests. Listening to music is also inspiring when I create, and some of my creations are inspired by songs.

I've been playing a lot of Minecraft with SO and the little backstories and storylines I come up with surrounding the animal characters has been inspiring a lot of art recently. x3

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Froody Blue Gem View Post

I do find that the general fantasy, my own little world is a big part of my life. A place to escape to, and things can always be added or created. And I'm constantly coming up with ideas for art. I can't quite force them to come, but when I'm not even trying to get ideas, inspiration sparks. It may revolve around what I'm currently interested in/obsessed in, like what characters/series that I'm into, but also with a fantasy element in there. Also with a lot of randomness, whimsy, and kookiness, and connecting it to my situation, or other interests. Listening to music is also inspiring when I create, and some of my creations are inspired by songs.

I've been playing a lot of Minecraft with SO and the little backstories and storylines I come up with surrounding the animal characters has been inspiring a lot of art recently. x3
    I can relate to this a lot. I also have random sparks of inspiration, and same with the fantasies, they come when they come, although if I am asked to create something idea wise, I tend to do pretty good at it. The best ideas I agree though always come from those sudden random sparks of inspiration. My art style is indeed, whimsical.

Dude the creating stories thing during Minecraft, was something I always did as a kid. I had a running story, a creation of my own, to things I would watch for example. I used to watch Fantasia and make dialogue for the characters lol. I did this sort of thing a lot. Some things changed for me during adolescence and sadly I dropped a lot of things, but I've been able to incorporate some creativity in other realms of life in different ways and I've started to pick up doing actual art whether that be through drawing, song or poetry. "Adulting" further helped to reduce motivation in some areas, but I'm at a place now due to massive lifestyle changes, changes in general and just a... going back to normalcy that I'm kind of, going back in time a bit and reconnecting with myself before things got messy. It's kind of scary, but also really cool. Art is at the top of the list : ) It kind of sucks when you have all these ideas and fantasies and don't do anything with them. Feels like a waste.

I've already told you too, but your art is really cool btw, and I notice some similarities to my own (though I don't know how you do that strokey thing you do). I too have saved most my art and journaling/writing. I have notebooks filled with handwritten stuff o.o It's a little overwhelming, but when I go through it I"m like wow, I wrote that?...and like you said, certain memories come back to life.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My people, I am home at last.

It's crazy how accurate this all is. I've been constantly told that I express hardly any emotion, that I'm too fixated on others (namely their potential), and that I need to loosen up. All this seems to be in line with Delta values.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    My people, I am home at last.

It's crazy how accurate this all is. I've been constantly told that I express hardly any emotion, that I'm too fixated on others (namely their potential), and that I need to loosen up. All this seems to be in line with Delta values.
    Welcome home
    -

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely agree with you. Anyway, I made an LSE friend recently, it's going pretty well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lmaolollollmaolmao View Post
    You don't need to express emotion to have them.
    It's doubtful that you'll not express significant emotions if you have them in the consciousness. In general case, at least.
    I do not suppose extensive nonverbal only. And from the taste of Fe valued types "do not show emotions" may mean in their more loud expressive style.

I've been constantly told that I express hardly any emotion, that I'm too fixated on others (namely their potential), and that I need to loosen up. All this seems to be in line with Delta values.
    Mainly, low emotionality fits to T type. Lesser to Fi type in the tastes of Fe valued ones. Then F type with supressed emotionality below average by nontypes reasons. And just incorrect perception of you by some people in some situation which they supposed there.

I definitely agree with you. Anyway, I made an LSE friend recently, it's going pretty well.
    You may mistake in types of other people too. Also types are more important for close and long relations, so it can be too early to link the now situation with significant IR influence.

You tell a lot of personal info to random people on a forum where you registered recently. This is more common for E types.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Welcome home
    You ignore there is no good typing material to be sure in his delta type. Same as you ingnore this about own type, which is EIE.
    Last edited by Sol; 08-20-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank God for dual friends. My roommate needed help moving and I thought I would have to pay someone to help him, asked an LSE friend to help him out since I'm gonna be away and offered him me money and he tells me he's willing to help out my roommate free of charge.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Random thought: I’m in a very strange and funky internal state. Between being in the aftermath of pain and anxiety. Like I wanted the comfort of ice cream at 7am - which rarely happens and I wanted a back massage. Also I want to sit in a room full of nothing and space out with tea and no noise.

My moods have no dependence or bearing on other people and how I feel about them. I was speaking with my IEI college pal and she said “how can you be sad with that beautiful girl you have?” And I had to think about that that I’m not sad because of my child or because I should be happy since I have her. I feel sad because I feel useless and entrapped
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-08-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got evacuated for the first time in my life last week, escaping wildfires, late at night, rather suddenly. I now have a tiny, teeny personal idea of what it's like to be a refugee. I'm so thankful for generosity.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych View Post
    Is your home okay?
    Yes, thankfully! There weren't a lot of available resources to fight the specific fire that threatened us (there are lots all over the region), so a lot of the work was done by neighbors, including bunches of people stomping on flames. No human was hurt, but a dog did die. And a couple of homes were destroyed.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random thought: I’m in a very strange and funky internal state. Between being in the aftermath of pain and anxiety. Like I wanted the comfort of ice cream at 7am - which rarely happens and I wanted a back massage. Also I want to sit in a room full of nothing and space out with tea and no noise.

My moods have no dependence or bearing on other people and how I feel about them. I was speaking with my IEI college pal and she said “how can you be sad with that beautiful girl you have?” And I had to think about that that I’m not sad because of my child or because I should be happy since I have her. I feel sad because I feel useless and entrapped

Hmm, first thought: Number two in the oven?

Are you stay-at-home? I remember even though I'd really looked forward to being a stay-home mom, at first it felt rather confining. An adjustment. Like someone had just shut the door. Then eventually my world at home got bigger and bigger... then it was rather traumatic and depressing when I had to go back to work.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, thankfully! There weren't a lot of available resources to fight the specific fire that threatened us (there are lots all over the region), so a lot of the work was done by neighbors, including bunches of people stomping on flames. No human was hurt, but a dog did die. And a couple of homes were destroyed.
    I am so glad you are okay, and your home, too. How frightening. Did you have a bug-out bag ready?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Hmm, first thought: Number two in the oven?

Are you stay-at-home? I remember even though I'd really looked forward to being a stay-home mom, at first it felt rather confining. An adjustment. Like someone had just shut the door. Then eventually my world at home got bigger and bigger... then it was rather traumatic and depressing when I had to go back to work.
    We’re not having any more kids. One and done because Kathryn is too much to handle
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re not having any more kids. One and done because Kathryn is too much to handle
    Aw! Is she a busy girl? I had just one - I wanted five but I was lucky to have one with my ex - and I noticed that it was easier to have two or more, than one. Because they play! My son played well alone, too, but I was always had my mind on the next play date to make sure he had kid interaction. Moms with two or more never had to think about that. I envied they had built in playmates!

My neighbor had four, three close in age and the youngest, a "lagger" who I just adored. He used to pull our cat in a wooden wagon (made for blocks) around and around the house, through the kitchen, dining room, LR, hall and I would act surprised every time he came through the kitchen. I would have all four over, giving their Mom a break, and I figured doing it that way would encourage regular play dates so my son could experience sibling-life. And it did work that way. When we suddenly had to sell the house and move for divorce, I really missed those kids. Many months later I had a catch-up phone call with their Mom (so hard, as there isn't "great news!" when you are beginning life as a single mom) and she said her young son, when I was mentioned, had said, "I HATE Miss Eliza!", startling her, making her realize he missed me, too, and felt betrayed when we suddenly bugged out of his life.

So, if you aren't blessed with another, that works. Dropping kids off for a play date can be an extra chore for a busy mom, and taking them ALL is a way to encourage her to keep doing it. It's not a relaxing time for you though! But it is worth it. You make memories, grow to love their friends. These years go by so fast.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a big day around here. We are getting our wood stove installed. It has been SO MUCH prep and research. I never had one before or watched anyone live with one but since I initiated this endeavor mid-August, it has been an constant obsessive amount of work to make it happen. l still have to order wood, which I understand will be expensive since one shouldn't wait this late in the season to buy seasoned wood.

The stove awaits outside, which I bought online used, after hours of research and comparison. The right chimney liners await outdoors after being delivered. The hearth is made and the (previously decorated wall) is now covered in tile (with its one-inch air space between the wall and the new cement backer board). The hot water heaters needs its own liner in order to now share the chimney. The chimney guy and crew are coming any minute now for this installation operation, that he and my husband and I pre-discussed in intense detail for an hour on the phone, covering all the technical particulars in exhaustive detail. I could never had made this happen without my husband's technical expertise. I don't enjoy that part, that necessary evil, at all - I only enjoy the safety of knowing we did it right, and knowing I made at happen for as cheap as we could. And it looks as nice as possible for as little spent as possible. The stove was a good deal, and the newly tiled wall and hearth look great. It fits the space as compactly as is possible, which was important for my design sense. I like the installation guy, to, whose expert involvement we need to pass inspection.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad you are okay, and your home, too. How frightening. Did you have a bug-out bag ready?
    Earlier in the day we'd had a fire right across the street when a branch hit some wires and a transformer blew and caught the neighbor's sheep pasture on fire. (Fortunately the fire department wasn't as busy at that point in time, so they were able to come and help put that one out.) And then later in the day the town several miles south of us was put on Level 3 ("Get out now") evacuation because the fires around it became more than they could manage. So we had put together overnight bags and collected a few things, like computers, in case we had to go. But we weren't officially in an evacuation zone yet when the knock came on our door to get out because of the fire down the road.

And, yes, it was very frightening. One of the scariest moments of my life.

I must say, being married to someone who is generally neat and organized has many perks, including that I knew basically where everything was in storage that I wanted to grab (hard drives, art, photos, etc.).

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a big day around here. We are getting our wood stove installed. It has been SO MUCH prep and research. I never had one before or watched anyone live with one but since I initiated this endeavor mid-August, it has been an constant obsessive amount of work to make it happen. l still have to order wood, which I understand will be expensive since one shouldn't wait this late in the season to buy seasoned wood.

The stove awaits outside, which I bought online used, after hours of research and comparison. The right chimney liners await outdoors after being delivered. The hearth is made and the (previously decorated wall) is now covered in tile (with its one-inch air space between the wall and the new cement backer board). The hot water heaters needs its own liner in order to now share the chimney. The chimney guy and crew are coming any minute now for this installation operation, that he and my husband and I pre-discussed in intense detail for an hour on the phone, covering all the technical particulars in exhaustive detail. I could never had made this happen without my husband's technical expertise. I don't enjoy that part, that necessary evil, at all - I only enjoy the safety of knowing we did it right, and knowing I made at happen for as cheap as we could. And it looks as nice as possible for as little spent as possible. The stove was a good deal, and the newly tiled wall and hearth look great. It fits the space as compactly as is possible, which was important for my design sense. I like the installation guy, to, whose expert involvement we need to pass inspection.
    Congrats on a wood stove! I grew up with one (rarely used, though) and now have one in the cottage where we live (used frequently in colder months). There's a surprising amount of work and thought that needs to go into having one, you're right! Can't have the heat setting other things unintentionally on fire or melting them! Safety is a big deal. Because neither brick nor tile would work on the wall for the spot it needed to be, my husband used his engineering skills to come up with a clever way to use a large metal sheet to provide a heat barrier. The inspector said it was probably the safest setup he'd ever seen, haha. And it doesn't look bad, either.

Does yours have a glass front so you can see the cozy flames?

One thing I would suggest is to make sure you have adequate ventilation for the inevitable smokey failures to get it lit. Even after years of using wood stoves, it can still take me a bit at the beginning of the season to re-get the hang of it, and often the wood itself can be persnickety (depending on the seasoning and type).

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier in the day we'd had a fire right across the street when a branch hit some wires and a transformer blew and caught the neighbor's sheep pasture on fire. (Fortunately the fire department wasn't as busy at that point in time, so they were able to come and help put that one out.) And then later in the day the town several miles south of us was put on Level 3 ("Get out now") evacuation because the fires around it became more than they could manage. So we had put together overnight bags and collected a few things, like computers, in case we had to go. But we weren't officially in an evacuation zone yet when the knock came on our door to get out because of the fire down the road.

And, yes, it was very frightening. One of the scariest moments of my life.

I must say, being married to someone who is generally neat and organized has many perks, including that I knew basically where everything was in storage that I wanted to grab (hard drives, art, photos, etc.).
    Oh, I am so sorry for the fright. I will pray for you not to be haunted by that. That reminds me I need to pray for all those suffering from those terrible fires. Something is really not right about those fires.

That is helpful being married to an organized LSE! I am completing basement clean-out and creating my husband's first workshop, as tools and parts were all over in misc. buckets, boxes and bins. A jumble. I was telling my SEI friend that this was taking SO LONG partly because I had her LSE husband's amazing standards in mind for workshop organization. He is home fix-it man, besides his incredibly busy career, and that two-car garage is STUFFED with tools and fix-it/build-it needs, but yet clean and roomy, because his organization is shrewdly PERFECT. I had a small space to make a workshop with a ton of stuff, and I wanted it to be both beautiful and useful, so I had to be LSE-shrewd to make it happen. .. Almost done now.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 09-23-2020 at 03:06 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on a wood stove! I grew up with one (rarely used, though) and now have one in the cottage where we live (used frequently in colder months). There's a surprising amount of work and thought that needs to go into having one, you're right! Can't have the heat setting other things unintentionally on fire or melting them! Safety is a big deal. Because neither brick nor tile would work on the wall for the spot it needed to be, my husband used his engineering skills to come up with a clever way to use a large metal sheet to provide a heat barrier. The inspector said it was probably the safest setup he'd ever seen, haha. And it doesn't look bad, either.

Does yours have a glass front so you can see the cozy flames?

One thing I would suggest is to make sure you have adequate ventilation for the inevitable smokey failures to get it lit. Even after years of using wood stoves, it can still take me a bit at the beginning of the season to re-get the hang of it, and often the wood itself can be persnickety (depending on the seasoning and type).
    Hi Minde!

This is our new wood stove, installed (finally!) today:

So yes, it has doors to see the fire! So excited. I was willing to settle for what I could get but this was a good deal, looks nice and is just-right sized. As low a profile as was possible to get. The perfect size for our small home. That is the picture from the ad. We had no fireplace so had to tile a wall and hearth to code and line chimney and it was involved. So we have wood stove but no wood! That is next.

Adequate ventilation. Yes - i will have to talk to my husband about that. It is right next to windows that can open, but, we are going to get new fire alarms hooked up, but I don't want them going off all the time. I want them not too loud, and I want them easy to turn off when there is a smokey fire-start - or smokey cooking in the kitchen.

But I got a job offer today. I did not expect to hear so soon after interview this morning. I might be a glutton for punishment, as I am wiling to take on challenging things. I feel I should. I have a great husband, a living Catholic faith and all the blessing that go with that, good health, no one to take serious care of at home, so, I should. But the schedule is heavy causing an exodus of teachers, but the district is high rated, a nice area. I am taking the plunge became I feel a peace about it in spite of the challenges. So I am going to try. Signing the dotted line might be tomorrow. Work might start real soon as this woman is ready to have her baby any day.

So you are living in a cottage now? In the woods? That sounds great! Yes, the heat is the big issue. You know we were going to use sheet metal, because it's cheap, but I decided it wasn't much more to go with cement board (requires to be installed 1" from wall) covered with the ceramic tile they say is fine. So I found an inexpensive tile that looked right in the room (shiny "lake green" like rippled water), and we did same on the hearth (using wood-look ceramic on the wood floor). Well, when the helper was actually finally putting it in, I said, "Can't it go closer to the wall?" (every inch is sacred when your house is small). He said "No. If you had used brick, yes, but this tile has a glass glaze and can crack." I didn't know that was a factor; I can only research so much! But, for a bonus he moved it in an inch for me and that made me happy.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone else constantly feel trapped in their head? As if they can never truly connect with the world around them. I was reading a post by a girl on another site saying that there were moments where her mind just goes blank and she feels one with nature. I don't have anything like that. The closest I get is when I'm exercising or involved in more...sensual activities. I'm not sure if it's due to weak Se or what.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does anyone else constantly feel trapped in their head? As if they can never truly connect with the world around them. I was reading a post by a girl on another site saying that there were moments where her mind just goes blank and she feels one with nature. I don't have anything like that. The closest I get is when I'm exercising or involved in more...sensual activities. I'm not sure if it's due to weak Se or what.
    It’s the Te or weak Se
    You gotta get out and do things as an INFJ

I just realized how many factual mistakes I can make when it comes to real world stuff. I basically told my mom told my mom that the value aka price of platinum is more than gold because I figured it is rare but I was wrong. When I checked the markets gold is three times higher than platinum. Go figure. I should keep my mouth shut lol
    It also says what makes sense in my mind doesn’t translate to reality
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-24-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s the Te or weak Se
    You gotta get out and do things as an INFJ

I just realized how many factual mistakes I can make when it comes to real wild stuff. I basically told my mom told my mom that the value aka price of platinum is more than gold because I figured it is rare but I was wrong. When I checked the markets gold is three times higher than platinum. Go figure. I should keep my mouth shut lol
    I have moments like that all the time. And yes, I gotta find more Te egos, I'm constantly around ethics users.