Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Subtypes is significant to socionics as it one of the main ways for distinguishing Socionics from MBTI. Here are some more:

ILE-Ti: Myst, Transkar, LuchoisLurking
    ILE-Ne: Geneiouws, Lagerdemon, Cubazoan

ESE-Fi: Chipsnunderwear, Suz, Inumbra, Subteigh
    ESE-Si: Mu4, Wacey, Xerx, Esaman, KrigtheViking, Hacim

LII-Ti: N0ki, MuddyTextures, Reactance
    LII-Ne: Kimuchi

SEI-Si: misterni, johannesbloem, chriscorey, scarletluxx, the whole english
    SEI-Fe: BnD, crazedrat, dinki

leanest and meanest breakdown around, the list was reworked several times prior to me posting it weeks back but the final product is pure gold…

my intelligent design method for typing trumps all approaches.
    @Muddytextures it looks like you're my dual now .
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Socionics tries to say that people's thought processes don't change based upon relationships involved nor based on time. It's all 1D Fi lol. That's literally all it is and why it fails. You can't place a dynamic object into a static structure, without doing so under the premise that the model is simply the current frame of reference. TIM doesn't exist, because personalities aren't static; they are a conglomeration of one's own experiences from and to the environment. If you think they are real, or that there is any validity to them, you either fail to realize a person is capable of changing personality "types" as needed, thus eliminating any practical application outside the present circumstances of people involved, or you fail to realize that, as a system based upon the immutability of personality "type," it is consequently simply individual biology due to genetics, which is irrevocably verifiable by means as simple as having an expert participate in the blind typing of twins. The only counter for the former is the necessity to view the typee for "accurate" typing, in which case, any means of empirical research is invalidated by inclusion of the conclusion as a necessary component for testing. Socionics is nothing more than faulty circular logic aimed at denying the reality of the environment's effects on the individual. If you think it is magically "more," then your time would be better served in education on neurobiology and genetics.
    You are really not getting what socionics is about, you got stuck in stereotypes. I don't see the socionics model as talking about relationships from any standpoint other than people being viewed as information processing machines. Of which it only states a few generalities, not going very deep, but that's not the goal either: anyone who tries to go beyond the limits of the basic theory framework can only blame themselves for doing so. The basic model never states that thought processes don't change based on circumstances, either. TIM is a concept that of course exists inside the framework to which it belongs. Just like any other concept you operate with. TIM is not about personality; it does not imply either that personality is unchanging. Going by the actual definition of socionics type instead, which has nothing to do with personality on its own, no, a person doesn't change the type at will. But it does not follow from that that the environment is to be ignored. I myself don't ignore it. And I never said it's "magically more", you are ridiculous.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    You are really not getting what socionics is about, you got stuck in stereotypes. I don't see the socionics model as talking about relationships from any standpoint other than people being viewed as information processing machines. It never states that thought processes don't change based on circumstances. TIM is a concept that of course exists inside the framework to which it belongs. TIM is not about personality; it does not imply either that personality is unchanging. Going by the actual definition of socionics type instead, which has nothing to do with personality on its own, no, a person doesn't change the type at will. But it does not follow from that that the environment is to be ignored. I myself don't ignore it. And I never said it's "magically more", you are ridiculous.
    So TIM is what? What is objectively static in people?

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh oh hey this is the first time I've been told LII that's awesome

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    @Subteigh oh hey this is the first time I've been told LII that's awesome
    SLE-Fi? Lol that seems kinda odd.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Fi? Lol that seems kinda odd.
    Some people might say the same about you!

(that is my Fi-subtype showing; see my empathetic abilities there? I related to you and your feelings as a person /preen)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people might say the same about you!

(that is my Fi-subtype showing; see my empathetic abilities there? I related to you and your feelings as a person /preen)
    I meant, PoLR is a point of direct psychological stress. If you're SLE-Fi, you would be in a perpetual state of nearly "snapping."

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant, PoLR is a point of direct psychological stress. If you're SLE-Fi, you would be in a perpetual state of nearly "snapping."
    I always attributed that to drinking too much coffee, but I think you might be onto something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always attributed that to drinking too much coffee, but I think you might be onto something.
    Well, whatever the case may be, you're Delta. Should look at one of those 4 types.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even though I find it amusing with how people are creatively putting @Kill4Me 's typings into question, I still have to give him credit for at least putting in some effort around here and giving us a starting point for people's types which we can build off of from there. Putting out ideas/viewpoints and then debating them with other people in a non-critical manner is what forums are for, is it not?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Even though I find it amusing with how people are creatively putting @Kill4Me 's typings into question, I still have to give him credit for at least putting in some effort around here and giving us a starting point for people's types which we can build off of from there. Putting out ideas/viewpoints and then debating them with other people in a non-critical manner is what forums are for, is it not?
    You have a cool avatar.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I am soooo LSE! I guess I have been living a terrible lie about myself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Subtypes is significant to socionics
    There are no subtypes in normal Socionics. There are traits outside of types wich make people of same type different.

one of the main ways for distinguishing Socionics from MBTI
    Socionics and MBT use same Jung's types. What needs to be distinguished is reality and bullshit about MBT types are other types.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    As Kill4Me likes to write looong posts... and for free, I suspect J type for him. ISTJ, for the starting.
    -.-
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Post #848
    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    My typings:
    Great list! Maritsa and Airman LIE, LOL. Kim the reticent SEI. Mu & Golden SEEs, LOL. Lungs, LII. (You analytic, lungs). And that leaves me an ESE, along with Starfall - you type-twin, Starfall.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

So TIM is what? What is objectively static in people?
    Certain fundamentals of organization in the brain is pretty much that. The brain always learns more but this remains. Unless you get severe enough brain damage from some accident etc.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh why do you type me sei ?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It's a pointless "starting point". He apparently either kept old commonly agreed upon typings for people or created entirely new random-seeming ones for them.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    It's a joke, don't take it seriously lol

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

There are no subtypes in normal Socionics. There are traits outside of types wich make people of same type different.
    No it's not traits, it's actual differences in cognition.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain fundamentals of organization in the brain is pretty much that. The brain always learns more but this remains. Unless you get severe enough brain damage from some accident etc.
    So wouldn't you be better off studying the brain, instead of an arbitrarily contrived system?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a pointless "starting point". He apparently either kept old commonly agreed upon typings for people or created entirely new random-seeming ones for them.
    I agree some of his typings seem a bit random to say the least, but I guess I simply enjoy seeing the typings made by others and comparing them with mine inside my head. Its almost like a kind of sport for me.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

So wouldn't you be better off studying the brain, instead of an arbitrarily contrived system?
    Who said I'm not studying it?

I agree some of his typings seem a bit random to say the least, but I guess I simply enjoy seeing the typings made by others and comparing them with mine inside my head. Its almost like a kind of sport for me.
    Alright whatever works for ya

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said I'm not studying it?

Alright whatever works for ya
    Well, Socionics strikes me as the retard-man version of proper education on the human mind, so if doing the other option is something you're already doing, Socionics loses any direct value.

Don't forget, theories of the mind can never be proven.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Socionics strikes me as the retard-man version of proper education on the human mind
    lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's actual differences in cognition.
    including traits of cognition wich have no specific relation to types

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

including traits of cognition wich have no specific relation to types
    It's not more about "traits of cognition" than the actual types are.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Well, Socionics strikes me as the retard-man version of proper education on the human mind, so if doing the other option is something you're already doing, Socionics loses any direct value.

Don't forget, theories of the mind can never be proven.
    Yet, it didn't lose all its direct value.

Your last line is meaningless.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet, it didn't lose all its direct value.

Your last line is meaningless.
    Whatever floats your boat

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI-Si: pookie, jessica, may
    SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie

LSE-Te: Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader
    LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron, BurningIce

IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP
    IEE-Fi: Finale, Airman, Adam Strange

EII-Ne: aylen
    EII-Fi: maritsa, silke, sol, zero, mikemex

Intelligent design typing only requires a good sample size, an ability to grasp similar or different cognitive features in a person, and then the capacity to fit those groupings into the particular types in a way that makes the most sense. once members are grouped together or parsed out into different groupings, it was a matter of deciding on their best fit typologically and there is usually a few people in the grouping who are such stereotypical examples of the type, that it makes the groupings a little more than obvious. Intelligent design typing is an upgrade from the more common collectivist-driven approaches to typing.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    So, I think I've finally arrived at a definite type. I've been considering between LIE and SLE. At this point, I think I'm a logician who values Se. Feel free to comment on this, I'm open to input. Or better yet, ask me questions, I'll answer them, and then you can draw conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    What is your impression of me from what you've seen so far?
    I'm sorry I didn't give you the "genuine" answer you deserved before...

I have no idea what your type might be, but in recent times when I am asked and am unable to provide no insight, I refer people to the most recent test I put together:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Socionics-Test
    (I consider that the most objective way of "me" typing someone at the current time, even if I didn't write the type descriptions utilized and even though I don't of course choose how people answer the questions).

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    Hell yea SLE HOLLA!!!

Only con to being SLE is I have to be duals with IEIs.
    oh, we're not so bad on a good day. On a good day.

But our verse suffers.

Null point, blanc point. All shades in-between.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post

ILI: @Birdie

I am the king of typing, shatterer of delusions. Who will be my queen?
    Awww SubT. I am Flattered <3.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    oh, we're not so bad on a good day. On a good day.

But our verse suffers.

Null point, blanc point. All shades in-between.
    I'm not sure you can really speak for IEIs, subT. But I'm sure they appreciate it.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intelligent design typing only requires a good sample size, an ability to grasp similar or different cognitive features in a person, and then the capacity to fit those groupings into the particular types in a way that makes the most sense. once members are grouped together or parsed out into different groupings, it was a matter of deciding on their best fit typologically and there is usually a few people in the grouping who are such stereotypical examples of the type, that it makes the groupings a little more than obvious. Intelligent design typing is an upgrade from the more common collectivist-driven approaches to typing.
    Sounds good, except your intelligent design typings are based on interpreting forum interactions, not actually hanging out with a person and getting to know them. So congrats on making a new forum game; but I hope you don't take the game too seriously.
    good bye

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    That's asking for too much depth. It's only a vibes like gitters that one gets when they are standing in the snow naked
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, whatever the case may be, you're Delta. Should look at one of those 4 types.
    Were I questioning my type, I would consider taking your advice, especially considering the amount of interaction we've had. I know it has been more than enough for you to be able to accurately type me and that none of it was tongue-in-cheek. Alas.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I haven't heard ILE in forever, but now twice within the past couple of weeks.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI-Si: pookie, jessica, may
    SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie

LSE-Te: Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader
    LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron, BurningIce

IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP
    IEE-Fi: Finale, Airman, Adam Strange

EII-Ne: aylen
    EII-Fi: maritsa, silke, sol, zero, mikemex

You never type me; i feel neglected!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ me being IEE. Well but what else to expect from someone who thinks there is a possible Si-SEI or Fi-SLE. @Kill4Me : do you really believe that these bizarre subtypes actually exist or were you joking? Are you for some reason trolling the thread? Because if you really believe that there is a possible remote linking of MBTI and Socionics you should read what the Russians, Lithuanians and whatever said about that: the two systems cannot be equivalent or have anything to do with one another because of the difference in the ways they see the Information Elements. The IEs are too different in MBTI and Socionics so there is no way to match these two systems. Basically MBTI is a shitty version of Socionics (pardon my harshness here but it's a fact).
    I'd also like to request the Mods and Mu4 to please ensure that this thread remains SOCIONICS, there is space on this forum for MBTI but here specifically we're talking about Socionics. Anyway this forum has for long lost any credibility among serious Socionists so it doesn't really matter much what people write here.
    Last edited by Airman; 01-23-2016 at 03:52 AM.