0 Thread(s)

Lorraine Bracco - ESFJ - Hugo

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominic Chianese - ESFP - Napoleon

Benefit Inter-type Relationship

Last edited by khcs; 01-15-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank Vincent - ENFP - Huxley

Activity Inter-type Relationship

Last edited by khcs; 01-20-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Tony is an ESTp, then he exposes my stance on ESTp-Se beautifully: awsome in the descriptions, but a bit unbereable when you deal with them in real life. Heh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ring

Last edited by khcs; 06-10-2020 at 09:07 PM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Yeah, I'm still ambiguous on where Phil and Johnny Sack fit on the Te axis.

Tony I typed as LSE for a few reasons. He had a kind of natural dominance about him that could seem stereotypically Se, but it was imposed to too high a degree and based more on how he wanted to make things work than just his natural position. And I realize he's the head of a family, but in this sense I couldn't see an SLE being as controlling and just getting carried away with things to the extent he did, disordered or not. I would expect an SLE in his position to simply hold things down, occasionally put people in their place, and just generally be a leader who doesn't have to try as hard to maintain things. It's a misconception that Se-dominance implies a preference for "force"; the whole point of Se in this context is that the boundaries it establishes are standalone and seen from an irrational point of view; this has nothing to do with power in the strict sense. Whereas Se-demonstrative types very much do impose these boundaries on their environment, because they're dealing with them from a devalued and EJ perspective.
    Gotcha, I actually agree with you now. I think EJ makes way more sense with Tony. He's so controlling and ultra assertive about it, that's where the mix up came in.. I been re watching the show and I think his cousin Tony Blundetto (Steve Buschemi's character) actually seems SLE or maybe even ILE, but I think more so SLE.

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post

Heheh.. IEE and LSE.. Seems about right.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Tony Soprano : ESTp How does it not make sense? The guy isn't LSE, he constantly compromises and maneuvers in situations. The volitional pressure is beyond obvious and force is his favorite tool to get anyone to do anything whether yelling at his kids or beating a problem client. I Could see an argument for ESFp but not ESTj. Doesn't seem Delta in the slightest. I could be misunderstanding quadra values but this guy screams Beta or Gamma to me. Se in beyond overdrive. Shrink gives him the Ni he seeks.

Carmella: XSFj leaning towards ISFj. Gamma Values > Alpha. Negative unhealthy ISFj that is, dry, hypocritical, cold cunt. Whenever she is being expressive it seems like complete bullshit for her image. She is constantly hitting Tony on his Fi-Polr hence the friction and tension in their relationship at almost all times.

Chrissy: INFp (always bitching he doesn't get the respect he deserves, he doesn't get it because of his weak Te and Se. Actually.. I don't know..honestly lol

Adriana: ESFp pretty simple. ESFj makes sense too.. Probably more than ESFp, but she seems like duals with Chris and he is far from an INTj.

Silvio: ISTj. Happy being #2 and behind the scenes. Uses his strict rigidity to help balance Tony's force.

Paulie: uhhhh.. ISFp? Selfish dick, childish. Loves women and stupid tv shows to a fault. Acts like a little kid on the trip in Italy. Seems prissy about clothes, hair care etc. Very irrational, takes what he wants how he wants regardless of any logical or moral code. Paulie see + Paulie want = Paulie take. Some sort of Alpha SF imo.

Bobby: IEE? Nice guy. Intuitive and hopeful about people, bad control of weight and eating. Giving that evil witch Janice a chance. Not much Se, gets pushed around a lot by other guys in the gang. Not naturally a caregiver as we see when he tries to take care of June. More so tries to keep him positive and feel supported. Rather than helping with practical needs in the house. He tries but is not good at it.

Janice: Hm... ENFj? ENFp? Dunno. Dumb sick twisted manipulative cunt like the mom.. Willing to bet they are both extremely unhealthy ENFjs.

Livia: Lives to torment people emotionally. Loves nothing more than ruining her son's mood or putting strangers around her in foul moods so she can feel superior. Sounds like some sick depraved ENFj.

Meadow: ISFj - healthier, smarter, nicer, better looking version of the cunt mom. No wonder Carmella treats her so shitty while praising her golden boy AJ.

AJ: Tony if he was a pussy and stupid. Se lead or si.. Maybe even Ne. Kid is useless as fuck has nothing to offer to anyone including himself. Maybe Te polr? No Ni I can see. ISFp with weak sensing could work. Just mucks around in his feelings all day long. Though this can be XEE- Fi sub too. No rationality anywhere near this being.

Phil: ESTj. Totally. Such a traditional old school uncompromising prick. Pragmatic to a fault. Very tense at all times. Different type of tension than Tony's. Seems very J-ish his tension. Tony's seems more of a P tension.

Richie: As everyone said ISTp.

Ralphie: ESFp. easy

Johnny Sac: Hmmm Intp? Fe-polr seems to fit the bill. Doesn't seem to have any love or use of Ti either.

I know I'm forgetting a lot but that's off memory. pretty good show.
    I agree with this analysis. The main character (Tony) definitely SLE.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LJDL View Post
    I agree with this analysis. The main character (Tony) definitely SLE.
    Yes I'm going back to it.. i think the LSE SLE confusion exists because the actor is an LSE but hes meant to play an SLE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really pretty easy lol.

Tony Soprano, Paulie Gualtieri, Christopher Moltisanti, Ralph Cifaretto - SLE
    Silvio Dante, Richie Aprile, Furio Giunta, Phil Leotardo - LSI

Carmela Soprano, Adriana La Cerva, Artie Bucco - ESE

Meadow Soprano - ESI
    AJ Soprano - IEI

Jennifer Melfi - EII

Junior Soprano - ILI

Tony Blundetto - LIE

Bobby Baccalieri - SEI

Gloria Trillo - EIE (unfortunately)
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    This is really pretty easy lol.

Tony Soprano, Paulie Gualtieri, Christopher Moltisanti, Ralph Cifaretto - SLE
    Silvio Dante, Richie Aprile, Furio Giunta, Phil Leotardo - LSI

Carmela Soprano, Adriana La Cerva, Artie Bucco - ESE

Meadow Soprano - ESI
    AJ Soprano - IEI

Jennifer Melfi - EII

Junior Soprano - ILI

Tony Blundetto - LIE

Bobby Baccalieri - SEI

Gloria Trillo - EIE (unfortunately)
    What do you think of some of the New York guys? Carmine Sr and Jr, Jonny sack and Buchie?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony SLE
    Chris SEE
    Adriana EIE
    Artie Bucco ESE
    AJ ESI