View Poll Results: Russell Brand's type?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

8 22.86%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 2.86%
  • EIE (ENFj)

20 57.14%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.86%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 2.86%
  • IEE (ENFp)

4 11.43%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Russell Brand

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default energetic extrovert DOES NOT MANDATE E7

Two main things Ne-ILE 9w8 sx/so would do; first, it would point me to a certain resonance throughout the benefit rings that I can depict visually better than fully explain, one which I touched upon in the WSS re: ILE and EIE; two, it would make him enneagrammatically identical to, and socionical super-egos with Craig Ferguson, who I have as Se-SEE 9w8, stacking undetermined.

As for the enneagram, one rule I have is that every point on the wheel is diametrically opposed to a point that's simultaneously the same and opposite (a similar rule exists throught the socion, more on that later), which matches up with the hornevian triads. Look at the surface of a neutron star and look at the vastness of the cosmos, and you will see the same thing, further onwards to the identically uniform darkness of both infinite spaciousness and infinite density, mid 4/5 and peak 9 accordingly. The motion of 7 would be running like hell towards one thing while running away from something else; the former will transform into the latter, and the eternal engine burns onwards. The crown of the gut type would have a sense of boundlessness and density, and progressing away from that central point would lessen this density, lineate the boundaries, and allow for an "I" to exist, as well as a sense of motion; a rampage towards 8, a crusade towards 1.

In that vid and in other vids, I could see no self-made distinction between where Russell Brand ended and the rest of the world began. For this, and other reasons too numerous and minute to mention right now, I'm going E9 for Russell Brand.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Ne-ILE 7w8 sx/so

Edit: Actually, 7w6 fits better. Yeah, that will be correct
    Agreed. His kind of zany extravagance is more indicative of Ne-EP than beta IMO. As far as Fe goes, he seems to be more generally aware of his affect, playing the game without it really being harnessed, and (as per the drug interview, similarly to Manson) more ably developing the logical point at hand; he also speaks out in pointlessly inappropriate ways that again suggests Ne+Fe-seeking. Lastly, the interview with Handler was much more two EPs batting Fe back and forth than an EIE and SLE competing and attempting to one-up one another.

As for 7 > 3 he seems a bit more heady and detached, and kind of foolishly aware of presentation. Reminds me of an old weed dealer who would bike around in flamboyant clothes with a stereo on his back, lol (he was ILE as well).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Agreed. His kind of zany extravagance is more indicative of Ne-EP than beta IMO. As far as Fe goes, he seems to be more generally aware of his affect, playing the game without it really being harnessed, and (as per the drug interview, similarly to Manson) more ably developing the logical point at hand; he also speaks out in pointlessly inappropriate ways that again suggests Ne+Fe-seeking. Lastly, the interview with Handler was much more two EPs batting Fe back and forth than an EIE and SLE competing and attempting to one-up one another.

As for 7 > 3 he seems a bit more heady and detached, and kind of foolishly aware of presentation. Reminds me of an old weed dealer who would bike around in flamboyant clothes with a stereo on his back, lol (he was ILE as well).
    Yup, Ne + EP -> E7 most often (in Russel''s case it's obvious)

EIE's use Fe more deliberately, precisely directed and to get emotional reactions out of other people (especially in case they're having a public interview, to stroke ther ego, polish and flatter their idealized image, especially if E3).

Russell is just fooling around, entertaining himself and others with his crazy antics and ideas (E7 - needs stimulation and fun), he is not that concerned with image (otherwise he would be much more poised and aware of how he looks - that he comes acrossed as dirty and crass. He is also himself in every interview, doesn't alter his persona at all. Just same old crazy Russell. Although E7 are aware of their coolnes factor and are concerned with it, but in a more playful way. He is not an image type, but a head type (emotionally detached)

9w8's are I don't give a fuck, chillax, can't be bothered, mostly manly dudes with possible bad tampers when provoked, but othervise they have very grounded, calming, everything is under control presence. It's more of an IP temperament -> SLI would be a perfect example.

7w6 (when Ne-dom) are flamboyant, whimsical, zany dudes, who constantly move around and throw out crazy idea. 6 wing gives them the nervous, anxious energy (Russell can't sit still for a second).

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Yup, Ne + EP -> E7 most often (in Russel''s case it's obvious)

EIE's use Fe more deliberately, precisely directed and to get emotional reactions out of other people (especially in case they're having a public interview, to stroke ther ego, polish and flatter their idealized image, especially if E3).

Russell is just fooling around, entertaining himself and others with his crazy antics and ideas (E7 - needs stimulation and fun), he is not that concerned with image (otherwise he would be much more poised and aware of how he looks - that he comes acrossed as dirty and crass. He is also himself in every interview, doesn't alter his persona at all. Just same old crazy Russell. Although E7 are aware of their coolnes factor and are concerned with it, but in a more playful way. He is not an image type, but a head type (emotionally detached)

9w8's are I don't give a fuck, chillax, can't be bothered, mostly manly dudes with possible bad tampers when provoked, but othervise they have very grounded, calming, everything is under control presence. It's more of an IP temperament -> SLI would be a perfect example.

7w6 (when Ne-dom) are flamboyant, whimsical, zany dudes, who constantly move around and throw out crazy idea. 6 wing gives them the nervous, anxious energy (Russell can't sit still for a second).
    ew ..I´m still not super-knowledgeable about the dude, but I tend to see E7 over E9w8 as well. E 9 has a softness about them and a ´merging quality´ (that can make people feel like they get under their skin) that coupled with a 8 wing would appear like a more self-assured and grounded person, able to defend their pov and get a bit over the top with others sporadically. The guy seems indeed more zany. However I think he does have a 8 wing. 7w8 if you ask me. I kind of see sx/so in the kind of stuff he talks about, but I dislike him so much that I cannot take that for a guarantee of general attractiveness and highly impactful relational energy. With me and sx/so types it´s usually hit or miss. I´m either very drawn to them, or I cannot stand them. Dunno what it depends on though.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    ew ..I´m still not super-knowledgeable about the dude, but I tend to see E7 over E9w8 as well. E 9 has a softness about them and a ´merging quality´ (that can make people feel like they get under their skin) that coupled with a 8 wing would appear like a more self-assured and grounded person, able to defend their pov and get a bit over the top with others sporadically. The guy seems indeed more zany. However I think he does have a 8 wing. 7w8 if you ask me. I kind of see sx/so in the kind of stuff he talks about, but I dislike him so much that I cannot take that for a guarantee of general attractiveness and highly impactful relational energy. With me and sx/so types it´s usually hit or miss. I´m either very drawn to them, or I cannot stand them. Dunno what it depends on though.
    Lol, whatcha sayin about sx/so ? I know what you mean though, sx/so can be quite polarizing, you either like them or can't stand them. They are usually very charismatic especially if from assertive triad (3,7,8), really intense and kinda sexualizing a lot of topics (no filter, especially if E7 or E8). You can be revolted when they focus their laser attention at you (like you need a shower ). I personally love them, because I know they will be as intense and crazy as me, with others it is like I can be really attracted to them , but at the end I am always dissapointed when they just don't match my intensity. My most passionate relationship was with a 7w6 sx/so crazy mofo . But you know, when it was good, it was really good, and when bad...I wouldn't change it though.

9w8 have a big manly teddy-bear quality (or sometimes more stoner, surfer dude) ...they have the merging quality and are much more stable, less flighty. They want to just chillax and seize the day .Totally different energy. For me E7 and E8 are the easist to recognize, they just jump out at me.

For the 7w8...could be. The line can be really thin one with these and people don't even have to have a wing. 7w6 are more concerned about what people think of them...for example they can be really crass, but are always checking back at the audience if they went to far. I admit I don't see that self-consciousness in Russell. 7w6 are softer than 7w8. I typed him 7w6 because of his flamboyance and nervous energy.

For example I have a very good friend which I am sure is Ne-ILE 7w8 and I see smthng different in him than I do in Russell. He is more calm, doesn't jump around, acts more manly, dominant, like he has everything under control and others are there to entertain him, not the other way around (7w6 on the other hand are entertainers and histrionics themselves, they are like "clowns" playing for the public). 7w8 has a more antisocial, sadistic bent with the 8 wing - they like to sting you with a (often very rude) comment and see how you will react, if you can take it - to entartain themselves. And I really don't see that in Russel (he's playing around and is vulgar, but is not trying to hurt anyone - he seems like a softy underneath), so I would still say 7w6 for him.

Creepy-male

Ugh, if this piece of human waste is my identical, then I'm going to go slice my wrists.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found him irritating for the longest time. He is starting to grow on me. Lot of what he says is bullshit, but to me its interesting that he at least has some "deeper" thoughts. I put that in brackets because of the energy bs, but, meh. What he says about the human animal I find jives with my own personal philosophies. As to his typology, thats a tough one. Ep, Ej, I'd believe arguments for both.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always and only can see him as ILE.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why do folks have to revive disgusting threads

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post

why do folks have to revive disgusting threads
    do you mean threads about hot men?

j/k. i don't think i could be in russell's presence for more than 30 min w/o getting drained or agitated haha (he seems like someone bad at hearing anybody else speak.) but you have to admit he's extremely attractive

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm starting to think maybe he is Fe-SEI.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Undoubtedly base. Not sure if IEE or ILE, maybe him potentially being E7 makes him seem more of a thinking type or whatever people see him as. How was EIE even an option?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Him being e9 makes EIE an option. The idealization of the "holy light", the spiritual rumination of the type, and the somewhat abstracted and tangled thought patterns of 9s get them mistaken for Ni egos from time to time.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EII, seems like an extraverted introvert, N and F focused, but not in an Fe way

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He seems stereotypical base to the point where his other functions seem less relevant which I guess people will relate more to ILE especially if he's a 7 as it seems 'Delta' has that sort of depiction watered down. I get stronger NF vibes though, may explain why he gets typed EIE by some when they don't choose ILE. People serious about this quadra stuff often associate edginess with Beta thus EIE being another option for people here when it may likely just be his stacking. IEE though is also a passionate type along with the other ExFxs and is EIE's quasi-identical (they can look alike superficially), plus Brand doesn't communicate Business-like like ExTxs do. It also seems he woos people via emotions and sentiment rather than through having any sort of logical consistency in what he says.
    Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 12-05-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

E7 is typically called the adventurer, the experiencer, the spontaneous variety-seeker. This overlaps for the most part with descriptions of Se, which makes ILE 7s be easily mistaken for types that are strong in this function (ILE<->SLE for example), and next to never for Delta types or types with weak extroverted sensing function.

Though it's rather clear to me from the interviews that Russell Brand is the easy-going, abstracted dreamer and peace-seeker (e9) and not the variety-seeker, adventurer (e7) type of ILE (or whichever other type).

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ne subtype, Enneagram 7, So/Sx.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the poll results from another angle, is his dual an LSI, SEI, or SLI? My view is that only a perceiving type could endure him. Beyond that, only an SEI could tolerate him. ILE.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do so many people dislike him? Don't get me wrong, I was in the same camp for a little while but if you actually listen to what he says, he seems pretty educated and entertaining. His movies are terrible, yes, but I like him.

I've only ever seen him as EIE, imo. I feel like he is Gilly. If you all remember, Gilly went between ILE and EIE all the time...I think Russell is one of those two for sure.

This is basically hilarious :

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a person who carefully creates an image of chaos and intrigue. It's apparent when he goes on camera that he is managing and calculating how he is coming across to others in the interview. He then proceeds to engage in actions that whip up the audience in a frenzy, recently with a clear political agenda. He isn't interested in the open discussion of the interviewer, so much as spreading his 'important' message to the audience. I see this as profoundly EIE, specifically one putting on a mask of stereotypical Ne behaviours.

In comparison, Jonathan Ross is a true ILE.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going to wait here patiently until everyone realizes he is SEI.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand where the ILE typings are coming from since duals look and vibe similar (to me anyway), but he is F > T IMO. just that his F is not beta-like. betas have -Fe as a valued function which is refined, contained, held-back, sort of cream of the crop kind of Fe whereas alphas have +Fe which is everything-but-the-kitchen-sink zany sort of Fe. the latter is what russell brand falls into. this is also why i think the EIE typing is a little ridiculous overall, because at the very least it doesn't fit into my idea of what beta quadra is like.

and honestly, it's not like SEIs can't be like this. the trashiness isn't unique (look up Steve Kardynal i.e. www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAQhG59zqZc), the weirdass costumes aren't unique (lady gaga, for one), and the "intellectual" wordy sort of comedy isn't unique (look up Demetri Martin, another ILE-like SEI).

so yeah.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Unless you're referring to an article I haven't read Betas have +Fe, Alphas -Fe.
    IEIs have --- +Ni -Fe (positivist)
    EIEs have --- -Fe +Ni (negativist)
    LSIs have --- +Ti -Se (positivist)
    SLEs have --- -Se +Ti (negativist)

right? am i getting this wrong :s wtf okay.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    IEIs have --- +Ni -Fe (positivist)
    EIEs have --- -Fe +Ni (negativist)
    LSIs have --- +Ti -Se (positivist)
    SLEs have --- -Se +Ti (negativist)

right? am i getting this wrong :s wtf okay.
    in comparison

SEIs have --- -Si +Fe (negativist)
    ESEs have --- +Fe -Si (positivist)
    LIIs have --- -Ti +Ne (negativist)
    ILEs have --- +Ne -Ti (positivist)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this point i've internalized socionics definitions so much that i can't even find or recall where i read anything. i'll try to see where i got that from.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell Brand - ISFJ - Dreiser

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The guy has clearly practiced his delivery over the years. Hard to say. Our experience is limited like he said however we have detectors out there that function beyond our senses and indirect evidence via interaction.
    Dark matter, talk about dark matter. He probably has already done it.

There is something about him which makes me question his logical typing and that is his strong capability of doing ethical maneuvering.

Furthermore ILE's are known to have conservative ill suiting clothing. He seems flashy brings out his body very flamboyantly.

There is strong direct effect on audience by his presentation, he brings out himself not merely ideas which seem to be much lesser concern although there are plenty of them. The drawback is lack of analysis and serious lack of integrity in that realm. He does not generate logically very good ideas.

EIE-C might make most sense although I'm not opposed to IEE.

OTOH logical types may gain higher ethical functioning via drug usage. Something what he has done.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-17-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I can see him as many different N types. Probably NF though? Either way I don't know how I feel about him. He says stuff that is smart but he kind of seems like he doesn't have a soul and/or is overstimulated. Idk. He's odd.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hahaha he's too special for parenting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Hahaha he's too special for parenting.

On this alone -> cross off Dreiser.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post

This is basically hilarious :

Whatever type his flirt game is strong. He rendered that blonde chick so charmed she couldn't even speak.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think ILE. It is a close call if you look at the surface of his antics, as he uses a lot of Fe and has a certain kind of dramatism that some could construe as beta. But, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's way too overt and just generally zany for that to work. Additionally, there's not a whole lot of real nuance to the Fe 'games' he does play; it really reminds me of the way I've used Ti in the past. In either case I think Fe/Ti values are a sure bet, with a more generalizable democratic disposition that fuels his existential endeavors sealing the ILE typing over EIE, who would be a little more emotionally/expressively harnessed in the way they would go about expressing their views and attempting to influence peope...Brand just seems like he wants everyone to have a fun time together.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the last remnants of mainstream honesty. Very savage, I love him. Seems EIE or ILE with well-developed Fe. Good at putting people in their place, manipulating them somewhat, very well-spoken, "inspires" people, he knows which buttons to press.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE Creative subtype.

I don't like him. Too full of himself, and seems to be playing a role all the time. I get this instinctual reaction: who is this guy really? and on the other hand "cool guy". Doesn't make me feel good at all. One can get similar feeling with lots of Ne base types. I think even Jung mentioned something regarding this.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's ILE. One would spend a lifetime on bad acid to type him SEI.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canigetuuuhpurpose View Post
    What, big bad beta lol? That interview confirms my thoughts; he has Fe and knows what he's doing, but his antics are over the top. It reminds me of him starting off his interview with JP by proclaiming himself a hero of the downtrodden. Beta Fe isn't that overt.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Changeable, don juan, expressive clothes, emotions, ideas. EIE.

Or are they identical? RB is untypable without knowing him outside of public persona.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also has bipolar disorder

I have also been informed, adhd

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    What, big bad beta lol? That interview confirms my thoughts; he has Fe and knows what he's doing, but his antics are over the top. It reminds me of him starting off his interview with JP by proclaiming himself a hero of the downtrodden. Beta Fe isn't that overt.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 11-03-2019 at 06:16 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    RB is untypable without knowing him outside of public persona.
    I found it a little easier when watching him speaking to Parliamentary Committee. Even though it is a show too, but maybe slightly more natural

Last edited by Tallmo; 11-03-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast