Thread: starfalls type

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Just so you guys know, because you keep mentioning it – I am leaning towards typing Aylen as IEI as of now.
    Not entirely certain yet, but this is the current tendency.

So, you can stop bringing it up.
    People can change their minds.
    Damn that was strange... I was just thinking about it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I'm not discrediting her, I honestly believe it's possible she's IEI. It's just beyond irritating when she discredits others who are much more typical examples of this type (I mean, Aylen, really? I'm questioning the intelligence of anybody who types her as non-intuitive).

Cassandra's emphasis on her Ti and unshakable faith in it *is* quite unusual for IEI and blatant misenterpritation of sarcasm and hyperbole is unusual for merry ethical type. So maybe she shouldn't judge others by her case, because SHE's the weird one
    Aylen as S type?!? I must've missed that one. :shell-shocked:

No I don't find her focus on Ti unusual for IEI. I know several IEI-Ni's who get into Ti a lot.

I dunno about the sarcasm etc stuff.

EDIT: nvm about Aylen

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This thread is moving to quickly for my ashwagandha chilled brain. I am going to go

I hope this helps everyone clear the air. It has felt heavy for awhile.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

When I was rather new to the forum, Aylen stood out as the only likely IEI that was being active, to me.

Temporarily I had my doubts some time ago, and swayed towards the ESI thing, but as of now IEI is somewhat more likely.

I can recognize that Aylen won't be my exact "twin" for a few reasons, one of them being that she isn't So/Sx like myself.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Aylen as S type?!? I must've missed that one. :shell-shocked:

No I don't find her focus on Ti unusual for IEI. I know several IEI-Ni's who get into Ti a lot.

I dunno about the sarcasm etc stuff.
    She comes off more as some kind of IEI-LII hybrid, so I wouldn't call her typical. When she says Starfall really wants to be IEI, I have the opposite impression - like Cassandra's the huge try hard in the room. I also agree with Aylen that her retypings of IEI's are coming from a vindictive place. If they would be up her ass, agree with her theories and high five her, they would still be Betas. I've seen her typing orientation change in exactly the moment someone disagreed with her plenty of times. And then came the whinings about Fi egos. Aylen is just very friendly, that's why she's on her IEI list again. But she will never fess up to it, so whatever, let her have her power trips on the internet.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    What the actual fuck? Starfall and I discussed what I meant in chatbox later on and it was in no way like you are describing. It was exactly as I have previously stated. You are in a fantasy land, putting out words and intentions that are not there, nor were ever said by me, ie: "strange and abusive". Get a grip.
    I suggest you to stop lying and calling names. Without twisting and bullshitting explain it; when Starfall has stated that she never dated a SLE in 3rd page, how does her choice in men prove/suggest that she is IEI ?
    What you meant was clear to everyone with a functioning brains and a bit of "Socionics sterotypes" knowledge around here.

@Starfall
    Why are you getting so angry about someone suggesting you are not IEI ? After all you created the thread and she puts her ideas (Look at the post she answered Myst for example) in a way that may make sense.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

She comes off more as some kind of IEI-LII hybrid, so I wouldn't call her typical. When she says Starfall really wants to be IEI, I have the opposite impression - like Cassandra's the huge try hard in the room. I also agree with Aylen that her retypings of IEI's are coming from a vindictive place. If they would be up her ass, agree with her theories and high five her, they would still be Betas. I've seen her typing orientation change in exactly the moment someone disagreed with her plenty of times. And then came the whinings about Fi egos. Aylen is just very friendly, that's why she's on her IEI list again. But she will never fess up to it, so whatever, let her have her power trips on the internet.
    I've thought Aylen could be IEI after all for a little while, I just didn't mention it. Tbh, a good friend of mine recently told me they get the impression Aylen could really be IEI, and through their eyes I could see where they are coming from with it. So that solidified it a bit for me.

I don't type people who always agree with me automatically as Betas or vice versa. The same friend who happens to be Beta just yesterday strongly disagreed with me on a particular subject. Didn't make me retype them.

And also, it is not like I hate ESIs and therefore type people who disagree with me automatically as ESI. I've had both positive and negative experiences with ESIs. If I really typed based on dislike, I'd have to re-type "troublesome" people as Delta STs, no?

You call me a try-hard. You mean I come across as someone who tries really hard to appear to be IEI? I don't see it. Though it's true I can be try-hard with my Ti HA.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    They both have this over focus on socionics and they try to explain away other peoples life experiences through typology. They also make blanket statement as to why you are the way you are and it's like you can't tell them anything otherwise.

Adam doesn't attempt to retype everyone and their mother though, so he's not as annoying to me personally. He's pretty open about accepting peoples self typings of themselves, while Cassandra seems to get a secret power trip over retyping everyone in the same way Marista does.
    Yeah the overfocus isn't type related.

I dunno if it's a power trip.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I dunno if it's a power trip.
    I don't get any "pleasure" from this discussion. It has made me feel a bit stressed.
    If it was a "power trip", shouldn't I enjoy it? And clearly, I don't have "the power" here, being one of the very few who type SF differently from the IEI consensus.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Dunno, I don't analyze hidden motivations lol

But yeah the IEI-Ni's I'm talking about are IEI-LII hybrids. But definitely not Ti leads.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I don't get any "pleasure" from this discussion. It has made me feel a bit stressed.
    If it was a "power trip", shouldn't I enjoy it? And clearly, I don't have "the power" here, being one of the very few who type SF differently from the IEI consensus.
    Yeah this is the bad side of Socionics

fwiw I don't think their similarities are type related. I actually think it's more autism related (this was a joke). I do think Cassandra has control issues, though.

As far as I know Cassandra is a passive aggressive IEI with an unusual over focus on Ti. @strrrng would be another example of an IEI who focuses a lot on Ti, yet he is much more aggressive than Cassandra.
    @strrrng is a guy yeah? Btw the IEI-Ni's with the extra Ti stuff that I was thinking of are all guys. Interesting, I guess much rarer for girls to be that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dunno, I don't analyze hidden motivations lol

But yeah the IEI-Ni's I'm talking about are IEI-LII hybrids. But definitely not Ti leads.
    Myst you're like a guy in an office that doesn't get when girls are being passive agressive to each other xD I much prefer people who bring it out in the open, tell it like it is and don't hide behind passive agressive But that's OT.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@darya, I'm curious to know what you think are the signs of me disliking in your opinion.
    If you find it to be too "personal", you can just send me a PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

And yeah, the stronger the IEI's Ni (subtype), the more they will seem like an IEI-LII hybrid.
    Because both the Ni and Ti get boosted. So, technically I am not that unusual for an IEI-Ni.
    Though there does seem to be the trend for most female IEIs to be Fe subtype, so there's that.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

How do you explain the occasional aggression in @strrrng then (another IEI-LII hybrid)? You probably weren't around when he posted more, but he's definitely more like me than you in that regard.
    Yeah, I don't know him much at all. Only heard of the name.
    No opinion on his type.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Myst you're like a guy in an office that doesn't get when girls are being passive agressive to each other xD I much prefer people who bring it out in the open, tell it like it is and don't hide behind passive agressive But that's OT.
    One of the things I like best about Myst specifically, and LSI's in general, is her straight-forwardness. No BS, no passive aggression, just being straight with people.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the thread of thorns and boobytraps. No more IEI battletypes, please.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

But you do have a habit of retyping people who disagree with you. You won't admit it, but it's been a trend.
    Hm, I've also mentally retyped some people who I get along with...
    Though I rather keep that to myself.

I can't help typing people mentally. I do it with almost everyone on this forum.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

How do you explain the occasional aggression in @strrrng then (another IEI-LII like hybrid)? You probably weren't around when he posted more, but he's definitely more like me than you in that regard.
    That's interesting actually. Those IEI-Ni's I'm thinking of aren't aggressive by default at all, not on their own at all, they don't look like it whatsoever but I can make them become a little bit more competitive and aggressive (Se input from me?).

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Okay, you can mentally type me whatever you want and continue with that life. I don't care anymore. Arguing with you is like trying to have an argument with a brick wall.
    Ditto.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr inappropriate View Post
    I suggest you to stop lying and calling names. Without twisting and bullshitting explain it; when Starfall has stated that she never dated a SLE in 3rd page, how does her choice in men prove/suggest that she is IEI ?
    What you meant was clear to everyone with a functioning brains and a bit of "Socionics sterotypes" knowledge around here.
    I don't know why she hasn't dated a SLE I'm not her besty. Maybe you'd better ask her? Regardless I've noticed her off and on over the years chat about Se type guys. Extroverted sensing is far softer and more naunced then most newbies around here, such as your self, would suppose. Maybe she is still a young woman who hasn't yet met "one"?

The only person twisting words here is you, Mr 80 posts. I have been clear and straightforward.

Ps, don't call me a liar again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starfall is a LIE. End of story

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why she hasn't dated a SLE I'm not her besty. Maybe you'd better ask her? Regardless I've noticed her off and on over the years chat about Se type guys. Extroverted sensing is far softer and more naunced then most newbies around here, such as your self, would suppose. Maybe she is still a young woman who hasn't yet met "one"?

The only person twisting words here is you, Mr 80 posts. I have been clear and straightforward.

Ps, don't call me a liar again.
    I didnt ask why she hasnt dated a SLE, you imbecile . Can you ever give a direct answer without twisting and lying in between ?

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Hah, yeah I've noticed. I think this place really needs a mouth-to-mouth revival

A/S/L?
    Sex: Yes please

More seriously, wrong continent sadly.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Alright, I've checked some of strrrng's posts and blog entries and got an impression of his possible/likely type.
    But I am not gonna share that unless he specifically asks/wants me to.

P.S: It's not ESI, haha.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr inappropriate View Post
    I didnt ask why she hasnt dated a SLE, you imbecile . Can you ever give a direct answer without twisting and lying in between ?
    Dude, get a life.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I've checked some of strrrng's posts and blog entries and got an impression of his possible/likely type.
    But I am not gonna share that unless he specifically asks/wants me to.

P.S: It's not ESI, haha.
    feel free to share. I don't really see how anyone could see me as anything other than IEI.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really don't understand why people bother questioning the type of other people. This is not an empirical science and "type" is open to numerous interpretations. How is it that people don't understand something so simple? Let people explore their minds and let them make up their own minds about themselves and leave the rest to the unknown and ambiguity.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eye eyE View Post
    I really don't understand why people bother questioning the type of other people. This is not an empirical science and "type" is open to numerous interpretations. How is it that people don't understand something so simple? Let people explore their minds and let them make up their own minds about themselves and leave the rest to the unknown and ambiguity.
    Well she did make a thread asking for opinions

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Hey Nick! Would you rather be my benefactor or my supervisee?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

why would you create a thread asking people to weigh in on your type, only to become frustrated when they inevitably do and it's not what you want to hear? i'm genuinely curious to hear what the rationale behind this thread is.

(correct me if i'm wrong) my understanding is that you're more frustrated with cassandra's questionable reasoning behind her typing of you, than you are by the typing itself, yeah? and, from what i've read, there's a possibility she's only typing you this way because you two butt heads once in the past. however, if you really did make this thread specifically to hear cassandra's reasoning, then i'm even more confused by the backlash?

Stating someone is "insecure/codependent/borderline woman" when it is not true, is disrepectful and dishonourable. If I was her I would feel dishonoured.
    yep. this is fucking rude. i've grown tired of seeing people diagnose others with personality disorders. it seems they're oblivious to how serious those actually are. PD diagnoses aren't petty punchlines you pull out of thin air to win internet arguments by insulting and/or discrediting your opponent. PDs are serious and they make it extremely difficult for those diagnosed with them to function normally in society. the cause can be linked back to traumatic past experiences, specifically in childhood, so it's no different from making fun of someone who's been severely disfigured in a car crash.

i'm still a newbie to socionics but i think OP is IEI. i think strrrng is also IEI. c'est la vie, live and let live, etc etc.
    Last edited by wasp; 02-08-2017 at 03:07 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    feel free to share. I don't really see how anyone could see me as anything other than IEI.
    Well you are pretty intellectual and downplay your NF elements its no surprise you are viewed as LII. You could be described as a bit of a bully back in the day. (You are IEI Ni)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well she did make a thread asking for opinions
    ....and opinions she has received
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eye eyE View Post
    ....and opinions she has received
    yeah. I dont see what the problem is. If you dont want your type questioned, dont make threads that has that purpose.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Hm, alright I'll just put it out there...

You seem to be ILI to me.
    Probably Ni subtype.

"IEI-LII" hybrid alright. Basically, the strongest functions being Ni and Ti, with being Ni lead and Ni/Se valuing.

I saw someone mention how your writing reminded them of Nietzsche, and I thought a similar thing.
    I type Nietzsche as ILI-Ni btw, so I get it if someone believed Nietzsche is IEI-Ni and hence you must be IEI-Ni too, because of the similarities.
    The difference I see between you two is the stacking and probably the tritype as well. I think Nietzsche was So/Sp (548), whereas Sx/So (648) seems about right for you.

I could say more, but that would derail this thread.
    And the people on here don't really like my explanations anyhow.

Anyway, I am curious to know why you think you are an Ethical type?

P.S: I forgot I had "befriended" you back in the day because I found your comments etc. interesting. You did seem like an Ni ego type to me.
    I'm not that good at remembering usernames and the people "attached" to them, esp. when people aren't active for a while.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-08-2017 at 03:34 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs are not vague like that, they have one of the most precise and clear thoughts, even with Ni. T types are not vague like F types. Only the XNTjs sound convoluted because their thoughts processes are weird.

/derail

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    ILIs are not vague like that, they have one of the most precise and concise thoughts, even with Ni. T types are not vague like F types. Only the XNTjs sound convoluted because their thoughts processes are weird.

/derail
    Ni itself is not a precise IE, so to speak.
    Ni is all about metaphors, similes, abstract speech, patterns in time, and so forth.

ILI-Te can certainly be concise in their language. (A lot of ILI-Te individuals go into neuroscience, robotics, or management of some kind – and those areas require more concise language). But ILI-Ni can be very abstract in their writings, just look at Nietzsche's writings – Thus Spoke Zarathustra can be difficult to understand and decipher, even for scholars. When I read some of it in German, I thought to myself "Nietzsche must be IEI, I can literally see the Ni weaving through this work of literature". However, after researching him a bit more I came to the conclusion he must have been ILI-Ni after all.

Ni being the lead function and Ti unvalued, if that individual is additionally Ni subtype (with boosted Fi) and has a 4 fix, they will enjoy engaging in symbolic writing from time to time.
    Ni is all about symbols, "using" Ni is like seeing interwoven patterns in time and space, everything leads to something else in one way or another (this might be similar to the "butterfly effect" – anything that occurs in the universe will have a consequence) and if you wish, you represent or "re-tell" what you "saw" as best as you can through speech or art, with the possibility of letting others "encode" the cryptic landscape of text (or whatever art form you've chosen – btw, I type Vangelis as ILI-Ni).

This reminds me of this quote from Christopher Nolan (who I type as ILI-Te):
    "One of the things you do as a writer and as a filmmaker is grasp for resonant symbols and imagery without necessarily fully understanding it yourself."

To tie it back to the main topic of this thread, I have seen no "traces" of any of the above in Starfall's contributions to this forum, hence I don't see her being IEI-Ni (nor ILI for that matter).

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd type the first girl (Mia Wasikowska) as EII-Fi Type 9, and the second actress (Emmanuelle Béart) as ESI + SO blindspot, and not sure about the last one – don't know her well enough (could be another ESI).
    This would explain why you think Starfall is ESI.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    This would explain why you think Starfall is ESI.
    How so?

*********** 21-04-19:

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out @strrrng's old posts. An IEI-Ni who was very confident in Ti, but hotheaded and firey as well. He was sx first, though.
    @strrrng (who has joined us, hi there) may lean on Ti, but it's quite different than how it works with LSI. Though strrrng is precise and analytical, he doesn't simplify matters. There's often a grandly sweeping synthesis in his communication.

LSIs can be verbose but will cut away some information to carve straight lines of thought. LIIs are perhaps not so simplifying but usually come off rather plainspoken and keep a specific focus.

My question: is this really Ti that we see in some IEIs with strong intellectualism? Or is it something else?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast