Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Waster - the SLI of all SLI's
    Korpsy-ILI
    Ashton- not sold on LIE, could be Ti-creative

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    I am so narcissistically flattered that you would.
    You're too kind.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Looking at those who have posted in the last year, these are individuals I feel comfortable with agreeing strongly with their own self-typings. They are in order of post count. I would like to say I am 90%-95%+ certain their types are correct, but I do not trust myself to give such a figure, and I feel that many of these, while I believe their self-typing to be congruous with said type, they could almost as easily be their kindred type (e.g. LII vs. LSI etc.), or some other type (I think kindred or mirror would generally be most probable alternative types based on my overall thoughts here). My view is that in such instances, the person's own self-perception must be of paramount value. (Finally, I may have some people's current self-typings wrong, which is unintentional: I only wish to put self-typings I agree with here).

ILE: @mu4, @xerx, @1981slater, @The Ineffable, @Jack Oliver Aaron, @SlavaPHP
    LII: @Logos, @Ms. Kensington, @Pa3s, @jason_m, @ClownsandEntropy, @RSV3, @Avalonia
    SEI: @lemontrees
    ESE:

SLE: @Ananke
    LSI: @Myst, @miss BabyDoll, @Pole Ninja
    IEI: @Starfall, @strrrng, @Aylen, @silke, @glam, @SisOfNight, @summerprincess
    EIE: @golden

SEE:
    ESI: @blackburry, @Olga
    ILI: @Capitalist Pig, @Scapegrace, @Contra, @ragnar
    LIE: @Narc, @Adam Strange, @May

IEE: @Galen, @Kim, @anndelise, @Animal, @Raver, @Simon Ssmall, @SyrupDeGem, @applejacks, @sapphire
    EII: @Minde, @April, @Taknamay, @Birdie
    SLI: @Waster
    LSE: @UDP

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

anndelise- IEE
    Simon Small - IEE
    Jack O Aaron -ILE

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    @QuickTwist ISTj LSi final
    Didn't you have me as SLI before?
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Emmym based on your preference for accumulation of objects of makeup and variety of colors shades and textures and this post I type you SEE final.

Se is the function involved in mobilization

No. I feel more decisive than judicious (I can mobilize easily to do stuff I have experience with compared to other judicious peeps, esp irrationals), more negativist than positivist (I complain so much) and more asking than declaring. The last is probably solely because an IEI once pointed out how often I will revive the topic we were talking about before being interrupted and how annoying that is (I'm sorry!! lmao) and I think that was mentioned in the article for "asking vs declaring."
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-for-your-type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Didn't you have me as SLI before?
    Sorry about that Qt I type you SLI and final
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Whose correct typing? Are you expecting everyone to agree with you and your methodology? How realistic is that?
    I didn't say mine alone; I want people to tell me what methodology they are using, in a clear way, and it must be consistantly objectable in order for it to be correct right?...like

my method is square face = S type etc...that way people arn't being superficial about what VI is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Do you think your approach is getting you anywhere? Do you think demanding someone to change what they have listed as a type will actually work? If it does work, do you think it's because they actually agree with you, or because they got sick of being harrassed about it? Which would you rather have?
    person A, is you,

A lists methodology in steps and concludes their typing
    person B lists methodology and concludes typing
    me, I list my methodology and conclude my typing...so far I am the only person who has listed methology for my typing but i seem to be the only person who has been hammered by a method that has been conclusive and consistant.
    You value Se because you are satisfied by published, visible, empirical evidence and information. I type you IEI.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    SEI: BG, lemontrees
    ILE: xerx, mu4, Hitta, Reficulris, Holon, Aleksei
    ESE: Suz (IEE?)
    LII: Ouronis, Noki, esq, Chips and Underwear, MuddyTextures

IEI: Starfall, Strrrng, Glam, Summerprincess, SisofNight, Persephone, Elina, Aylen, bulletsanddoves, Olly, Pink, Pookie (EII?)
    SLE: Ananke, Kill4me, Merky
    EIE: McBain, Golden, Gilly, Jadae, ScarlettLux (SEE?)
    LSI: InvisibleJim, LSI Pole Ninja, Miss Baby Doll, Myst, DJ Arendee

ILI: Inumbra, Scapegrace, Jarno, Capitalist Pig, Contra, limping bird (IEI?)
    SEE: Dolphin, Woof, Aixelsyd
    LIE: Narc, Mega, Anglas, Adam Strange, Totalize, FDG (SEE?)
    ESI: Lungs, Blackburry, Kalinoche, Amber, Jet City Woman (LSI?), Allie, Suedehead

SLI: Park, Words, Jessica
    IEE: Galen, Kim, Gem, Workaholics Anon, Eliza Thomason (?), Sapphire, applejacks
    LSE: William, Director Abbie
    EII: Wacey, Uniden, Maritsa, Person, Agarina, Radio, Minde, April, Subteigh, Birdie (?)

You just typed everybody what they already are, except for esq. Also, Suz is Workaholics Anon.
    Ok, actually, you put of people in the ILE category that don't type that.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    You just typed everybody what they already are, except for esq. Also, Suz is Workaholics Anon.
    I noticed there are a few others she types other than their self type.

Inum (is still undecided but I thought she was leaning toward xEI) Words, InJim, Wacey, Jet, William

I think bg is no longer self typing SEI.

Maybe more but those stood out.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I noticed there are a few others she types other than their self type.

Inum (is still undecided but I thought she was leaning toward xEI) Words, InJim, Wacey, Jet, William

I think bg is no longer self typing SEI.

Maybe more but those stood out.
    What's bg typing? Unaffiliated?

Dunno InJim or Jet.

I like to see chaos and reconsideration.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    No, there are some that don't type themselves that way (William, Words, Reficulris, Aleksei, DJ Arendee, Hitta, Amber, Allie, InvisibleJim ) or are not completely sure about their typing (/change types frequently)- Mega, Inumbra, Pink, Chips and Underwear, Wacey, MuddyTextures, Persephone, Jessica, limping bird, Allie.

I left WorkaholicsAnon by mistake from suede's list, because I copy/pasted it and then changed it. I'm not sure if Suz is ESE or IEE anyway, as I wrote above, but imo ESE makes more sense.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am missing, as always.

I do not like this.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Yeah, I am missing, as always.

I do not like this.
    who are you? post more.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    who are you? post more.
    I was focused elsewhere. Wider bandwidth if you will.

Plus, you could always look at my post history. Just saying.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I was focused elsewhere. Wider bandwidth if you will.

Plus, you could always look at my post history. Just saying.
    you'd have to create more of an impression to inspire such things.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    you'd have to create more of an impression to inspire such things.
    If I don't leave an impression, I don't know who does.

Sure, it's none of my problem for certain.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I don't leave an impression, I don't know who does.

Sure, it's none of my problem for certain.
    Well, you did choose your user name.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Well, you did choose your user name.
    No, I was forced to take it

For realz, there was a Magnum 44 aimed at me when I chose the username. For realz! >.<

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the notion that one can accurately type another over sparse interaction on an Internet forum is fundamentally flawed. Most people aren't true to their own natures over the Internet because it's not difficult to control one's image. There are unconsciously displayed physical mannerisms that types have that are impossible to observe over text-based communication.

Given that few here have physically interacted before, most must either accept an individual's self-typing because they don't know the individual, giving the benefit of the doubt to the individual's self-perception, or reject all self-typings and idiosyncratically make up a system that may or may not be oriented with reality.

I have a mental list of types that certain members may not be, but for most members I can't fairly converge on a single type with my own system simply because they have not provided enough information.
    Last edited by ghost of forum past; 05-07-2016 at 06:51 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you people need to invest your time in something more tasty...no one's commented on my popcorn thread WTF?
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Looking at those who have posted in the last year, these are individuals I feel comfortable with agreeing strongly with their own self-typings. They are in order of post count. I would like to say I am 90%-95%+ certain their types are correct, but I do not trust myself to give such a figure, and I feel that many of these, while I believe their self-typing to be congruous with said type, they could almost as easily be their kindred type (e.g. LII vs. LSI etc.), or some other type (I think kindred or mirror would generally be most probable alternative types based on my overall thoughts here). My view is that in such instances, the person's own self-perception must be of paramount value. (Finally, I may have some people's current self-typings wrong, which is unintentional: I only wish to put self-typings I agree with here).
    Self-perception is one thing, understanding of the typology system is just as relevant as that, in terms of self-typing correctly but if you mean that about taking seriously the person's own reports on their motivations then I can only agree with you, totally.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    I think that the notion that one can accurately type another over sparse interaction on an Internet forum is fundamentally flawed. Most people aren't true to their own natures over the Internet because it's not difficult to control one's image. There are unconsciously displayed physical mannerisms that types have that are impossible to observe over text-based communication.
    I really don't think you can control your image fully online. Same degree of control as over the physical mannerisms. You really think that text you write does not have unconscious cognitive "mannerisms"?

I do agree that sparse interaction is not enough to type. Again, this is true both online and offline. I do not see the "unconsciously displayed physical mannerisms" any more of a reliable indicator of type than the cognitive cues you inadvertently display in writing.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Self-perception is one thing, understanding of the typology system is just as relevant as that, in terms of self-typing correctly but if you mean that about taking seriously the person's own reports on their motivations then I can only agree with you, totally.
    Sure: if I have reason to think that a person does not have a clue about Socionics and/or if I believe a person is deliberately acting a type, I will find it difficult to take their self-typing seriously. In cases of deliberate deception, it probably isn't even worthwhile attempting to type them. However, if a person has been on the forum for a fair amount of time and everything feels naturally expressed (not forced), and their self-typing feels harmonious with my perception of the types (and perhaps in relation to other individuals), it is fairly straightforward for me to agree with their self-typing.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Sure: if I have reason to think that a person does not have a clue about Socionics and/or if I believe a person is deliberately acting a type, I will find it difficult to take their self-typing seriously. In cases of deliberate deception, it probably isn't even worthwhile attempting to type them. However, if a person has been on the forum for a fair amount of time and everything feels naturally expressed (not forced), and their self-typing feels harmonious with my perception of the types (and perhaps in relation to other individuals), it is fairly straightforward for me to agree with their self-typing.
    That's fine for the most part except where you think you can make the assumption that someone's deliberately acting like a type. I see people make that claim about other people way too often for it to be well founded in actuality. Where I talked about taking people's input about themselves seriously, that includes not assuming such things either without much proof beyond a quite possibly biased guess.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

That's fine for the most part except where you think you can make the assumption that someone's deliberately acting like a type. I see people make that claim about other people way too often for it to be well founded in actuality. Where I talked about taking people's input about themselves seriously, that includes not assuming such things either without much proof beyond a quite possibly biased guess.
    There is truth in this, however, I think it is very difficult for someone to act contrary to their personality in their interactions with others for a sustained period of time, especially if there is a lot of data available. It would be easy for someone to appear lethargic or terse by lack of posting for example (but you would not know much about their offline personality). However, it would be close to impossible for someone to appear calm and introverted if they had made a vast number of posts over many years with a sustained regularity, often with explosive displays of behaviour, all the while being a persistent social intriguer offline.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

There is truth in this, however, I think it is very difficult for someone to act contrary to their personality in their interactions with others for a sustained period of time, especially if there is a lot of data available. It would be easy for someone to appear lethargic or terse by lack of posting for example (but you would not know much about their offline personality). However, it would be close to impossible for someone to appear calm and introverted if they had made a vast number of posts over many years with a sustained regularity, often with explosive displays of behaviour, all the while being a persistent social intriguer offline.
    Having these facts of behaviour does not mean you understand what motivates the behaviour. If you mean someone types as an introvert while they can have emotional outbursts... well I don't see a contradiction here.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Having these facts of behaviour does not mean you understand what motivates the behaviour. If you mean someone types as an introvert while they can have emotional outbursts... well I don't see a contradiction here.
    I did not say that introverts cannot have emotional outbursts. I was merely reflecting that when explosive displays of behaviour are common, especially in written form, and in comparison to others who self-type the same way, and in conjunction with being a persistent social intriguer both offline and online, that it would be difficult to see them as an introvert.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I did not say that introverts cannot have emotional outbursts. I was merely reflecting that when explosive displays of behaviour are common, especially in written form, and in comparison to others who self-type the same way, and in conjunction with being a persistent social intriguer both offline and online, that it would be difficult to see them as an introvert.
    None of those exclude an introtim type on the surface hence me saying I don't see a real contradiction here. So then I would not want to try and read motives into their "wanting" to type/act as a specific type.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

None of those exclude an introtim type on the surface hence me saying I don't see a real contradiction here. So then I would not want to try and read motives into their "wanting" to type/act as a specific type.
    I prefer to ignore what someone says about themselves if it frequently runs contrary to what I experience of them, or with other aspects of what they describe/reveal about themselves (whether intentionally or not), as well as impossible idealised images they attempt to portray themselves as. I do not like to contradict a person's self-analysis or self-typing often, but if it seems strikingly obvious that they are not merely extreme for the type etc. they claim to be, but are unlike anything I have previously encountered (for a type, or for an introvert etc.) or perhaps even utterly contrary in many regards, then I will not regard their self-assessment as reliable to any degree.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I prefer to ignore what someone says about themselves if it frequently runs contrary to what I experience of them, or with other aspects of what they describe/reveal about themselves (whether intentionally or not), as well as impossible idealised images they attempt to portray themselves as. I do not like to contradict a person's self-analysis or self-typing often, but if it seems strikingly obvious that they are not merely extreme for the type etc. they claim to be, but are unlike anything I have previously encountered (for a type, or for an introvert etc.) or perhaps even utterly contrary in many regards, then I will not regard their self-assessment as reliable to any degree.
    Sure, if someone says "I do X and not Y" and I observe them doing Y instead, where both X and Y are directly observable things then I would believe my own eyes. However just because someone types a certain type and you have a hard time fitting their behaviour into the narrow stereotype you have in your mind about that type, you can't assume motivations for them for why they type that way.

Case in point: your assumptions of Maritsa's motivations for typing EII without any actual proof for them. I'm not going to enter a debate on Maritsa's type or motivations here but this is a good example of what I'm talking about. And, I've seen many other examples of this from many people, I am not singling you out here in any personal way.

And this is the sort of thing I find toxic about typology forums.

TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sure, if someone says "I do X and not Y" and I observe them doing Y instead, where both X and Y are directly observable things then I would believe my own eyes. However just because someone types a certain type and you have a hard time fitting their behaviour into the narrow stereotype you have in your mind about that type, you can't assume motivations for them for why they type that way.

Case in point: your assumptions of Maritsa's motivations for typing EII without any actual proof for them. I'm not going to enter a debate on Maritsa's type or motivations here but this is a good example of what I'm talking about. And, I've seen many other examples of this from many people, I am not singling you out here in any personal way.

And this is the sort of thing I find toxic about typology forums.
    Okay, you are entitled to your opinion.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think you can control your image fully online. Same degree of control as over the physical mannerisms. You really think that text you write does not have unconscious cognitive "mannerisms"?

I do agree that sparse interaction is not enough to type. Again, this is true both online and offline. I do not see the "unconsciously displayed physical mannerisms" any more of a reliable indicator of type than the cognitive cues you inadvertently display in writing.
    I think that I am fully in control of everything that I type, but then again I'm just a nerd armed with a keyboard.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

New Member Additions: Contra, Sapphire

IEE-Ne: Sapphire
    EII-Fi: contra

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me: have you ever typed me? I feel left out...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me being ESE is just wrong on so many levels, but nice try though.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Contra EII-Fi?

That is the best you could come up with for him?

Seriously? Are we being punk'd?

He types us identicals Contra but I would expect no less from someone who has no clue what Ni is.

Visualize this:

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    @Kill4Me: have you ever typed me? I feel left out...
    Is the test in your signature yours? I don't recall seeing it before.

YWIMW

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me I want to see what disastrous typing you can cook up for me.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Is the test in your signature yours? I don't recall seeing it before.
    It's mine, it's also horribly bad at the moment...