Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Your Color Palette & Body Type.

Hello everyone! Time for the fashion experts, learners, and the curious Get ready for some very content so don't trust me okay

A) Ladies and the occasional gentleman: You've heard of it as Seasonal Color Analysis, Your Color style, or Personal Colors. If you are familiar with these, did you find your matching palette? If you want, type other people into these systems if you like.

B) Whatever system you prefer to use, do you know your body type? Yes the men can join, too (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph)! Here's a random calculator for women, dunno if this is the best one.

For the extra mile, include face shape, too.

As of lately, I tried to gauge mine, needs some fine-tuning.

A) Fell for the initial trap and typed as winter - wrong! Upon closer inspection: Soft/Muted, Warm Undertone, Medium. Dark blonde + green muddy eyes + light beige-yellowy skin that is. So, Soft Autumn in the seasons apparently. My palette (among other variations I've seen!) is approximately this one:

The colors I love the most are the beige, turquoise, peach/coral, or camel inspired ones. The color I miss is black I still wear it anyways.

The surprising color twin is my crush Angelina Jolie :

B) Oval face shape, body: pear shape. Measurements: 90-74-100 in cm and (ugh this was difficult to convert) 35,43-29,13-39,37 inches?

Another crush: subsequent pear shape twin is my queen Beyoncé. Also an autumn type I've read, she pulls off gold so nicely:

Last edited by Chae; 02-12-2018 at 11:33 PM.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae you are lucky to be a Soft Autumn if that's your correct season, such a lovely feminine ethereal palette. You share seasons with Namjoon too!
    The late afternoon, warm, comfortable light makes every colour glow with heat that is more full-bodied, not bouncy like Spring’s. Soft Autumn is Amaretto sliding down your throat, not whisky, not Sprite, and not green tea. The nectar, not the juice.

The best online resources for color analysis is by far 12blueprints.com. the owner is Christine Scaman, author of "Return to Your Natural Colours", a wonderful I recommend for those interested in knowing more about the essence of your season. There are many articles on the site about each season that explore their energy core in a poetic illustrative way. I would also recommend visiting truth-is-beauty.com, they have the best online test available at the moment and there are also articles on body type, though the author has created her own system that expand's on Kibbe's original 13. For those looking to find complete look pertaining to their season I recommend following Pinterest boards and Polyvore, another option is the website 30somethingurbangirl.com.

For the sake of understanding, I shall share an oldie but goodie, the original VHS video of Color Me Beautiful. This was the first color system available, back then there were just 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. The nowadays Sci-art system recognizes the existence of 12, with other independent systems going up to 16.

Originally:

The biggest issue with this over simplistic view of the types was that it held no space for deviations of the norm, the season was judged based on appareance and not skin reaction to colors. This meant that ladies of color were always Dark seasos, which doesn't hold true to reality. Contrary to what some (not Sci-Art) believe, women of color can be Light seasons too.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who doubt or oppose the theory but want to avoid lengthy explanations, I'll share some visuals that clearly illustrate the effects of correct vs incorrect colors on a person's complexion. Whenever a person uses their right colors, their skin looks healthy, fresher, smoother and brighter:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends got me hooked on Colour Analysis last year and I think Winter is the best match for me.

My favourite colours are Teal Blue and Blue Green, also inlove with all the violets.
    For me it was only hard to determine whether I had warm or cool skin undertone and what helped me the most was the silver/gold jewlery test and it turns out that mine is cool.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ida View Post
    My friends got me hooked on Colour Analysis last year and I think Winter is the best match for me.

My favourite colours are Teal Blue and Blue Green, also inlove with all the violets.
    For me it was only hard to determine whether I had warm or cool skin undertone and what helped me the most was the silver/gold jewlery test and it turns out that mine is cool.
    The Brights are neutral seasons, so it figures you'd look good in both but better in silver, since it's your dominant.

Palettes for all seasons:

DISCLAIMER: While this particular representations of the palettes is the most popular, is important to notice that the lady that created them passes away before she could remake them. This means that some colors are missing from a couple palettes, like the reds from Bright Spring.

Later on I plan on making a post for each season, I'll then include more modern versions which are more inclusive.

Should I lump the same version of the palettes for all seasons, or make a post for each season with every version in it?

BONUS: Top 3 Best Colors for each season

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I got into this stuff maybe about 5 years ago. It actually helped me quite a bit. I keep a lot of it in mind when I'm shopping. I used to think I had cool skin tone because I'm very pale, but I can't wear black without looking like the living dead. Once I was at school and had a black turtle neck on and a substitute teacher wanted me to go to the clinic because she said I looked extremely pale, and one of my friends was like, she always looks like that

Anyway, I've had difficulty placing myself in this theory because I'm so pale and I think a warm, but I think I can wear some cool colors. So this makes me thing I'm possibly a soft autumn with some soft summer.

I think, what I once read, that helps a lot, is to take note of the colors that people compliment you in the most. I get it the most in Terra Cotta, light lavender with an oatmeal color.

But I think I'm terrible at this, because when I see the women doing the drapes, I always guess what looks best on them different than the 'experts'. Haha.

I'm still working on finding the right lipstick color after all these years.

I'm not a professional, but indeed this is most characteristic of the Soft Seasons. It can be difficult deciding when you're very neutral, have you tried testing this tie breaker method? Red is the more reactive color of all (it took me forever to find my correct red too) so try these colors:

One article that help me decide what Winter was better before getting professionally draped was this Seasonal Deal Breakers:

https://www.truth-is-beauty.com/blog...-deal-breakers

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colors to differentiate seasons with the same dominant characteristic:

TRUE SPRING VS TRUE AUTUMN (ABSOLUTELY WARM):

TRUE SUMMER VS TRUE WINTER (ABSOLUTELY COOL):

DARK AUTUMN VS DARK WINTER:

SOFT AUTUMN VS SOFT SUMMER:

LIGHT SPRING VS LIGHT SUMMER:

BRIGHT SPRIG VS BRIGHT WINTER:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I probably look best in soft to warm autumn colors. People have said I look good in red and black too (not at the same time, either all black or all red.). When I dyed my hair various shades of red I could play with different colors than these.

I have gone more dramatic at night and it looked fine but at some point you have to reapply to keep it looking good. If I stick with the look GB has in the center, when I choose to wear it, it doesn't matter much when it fades since I look pretty much the same.

I have more clothes than I know what to do with at this point. I probably should organize and give away what I don't wear again. I have so many choices yet I stick to a few things for a long time. I have things that looked like a good idea but in reality do not suit my personality. I have a lot of shoes too. I guess I have an eclectic sense of style. At home I wear yoga pants and t-shirts a lot, oh, and men's boxers too (in the smallest size).

Your body type is: Top Hourglass

As a Top Hourglass Body Type, you have a beautifully defined waist and bust that is larger than your hips. You have gently rounded shoulders that align nicely with your hips. Your waist is obvious and gracefully curves out to your hips. You most likely have a rounded bottom and beautiful side as well as front profile. Your upper body is proportionate in length to your legs which are shapely.

How to Dress a Top Hourglass Body Shape

The key to dressing a Top Hourglass body type is to balance your lower body with your ample bust while accentuating your enviable waist. This is achieved by selecting clothing cuts that will fill out your lower half. You have great legs so feel free to play with skirt lengths. Read the advice below to learn more about tops, bottoms and swimsuits for your figure.
    Tops

Look for tops that will accentuate your waist and help balance your bust with your hips. Look for:

• Narrow v-necks.
    • Tops with banding or nipping at the waist.
    • Wrap-style tops.
    • Tailored shirts and jackets.
    • Dark colored tops.

Edit: Oval face
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-04-2017 at 08:24 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

There must be something wrong with me because I don't think this is a thing. When I look at those pictures Playing with Fire posted that are supposed to illustrate "good and bad colors" on people, I dont see a difference with the different colors, and in some cases I prefer the "bad" color on them. I prefer Mary-Kate Olsen with red lips and all, it looks way more interesting than that boring, blank picture beside it that is supposed to "look good". The picture with the ginger girl in orange is obviously not going to work because of her hair, but if she had other hair it could work.

A part of this is that I kind of like the anemic/sick look. Then actually this can be helpful, I just need to do the complete opposite of what is recommended.
    Last edited by maniac; 11-04-2017 at 08:39 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

Dark Autumn then, they can usually wear black really well, the only Autumn type that can:

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am soft summer (low contrast) and inverted triangle body shape and I think I may have diamond face shape with hooded eyes.

@maniac I think that the right colors just make you look healthier... (Mary Kate)

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    There must be something wrong with me because I don't think this is a thing. When I look at those pictures Playing with Fire posted that are supposed to illustrate "good and bad colors" on people, I dont see a difference with the different colors, and in some cases I prefer the "bad" color on them. I prefer Mary-Kate Olsen with red lips and all, it looks way more interesting than that boring, blank picture beside it that is supposed to "look good". The picture with the ginger girl in orange is obviously not going to work because of her hair, but if she had other hair it could work.
    There is nothing "wrong" with you, it's kinda like the whole "is this dress white or blue" thing: you just don't have fine color perception. The brain of different people process color uniquely, that's why those memes were such a thing. Some brains discount some colors, others don't.

Color analysis is for people who prize naturality and harmony in terms of look, when you follow your palette there's no conflict because the colors you wear are already present in your body. You personally simply doesn't care for it, which is fine.

I think Mary Kate looks like a total clown with those red lips and black makeup, but then again, this is not what "blank" looks like to me:

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@reverie

You're definitely a lovely Soft lady Give me a minute and I'll try and find a perfect match for that mauve. Don't worry, I'll just keep the pic open while I compare and then I'll close the window.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    Heres a pic of me completely sans makeup and natural hair color to show what I'm working with here:

Please don't quote pic. Not keeping this up long.

I kind of think soft autumn but I might be biased because I like soft autumn colors more. Also, one thing that I see as problematic about soft autumn is I think I'm not as 'goldish' looking as some of them. But I think I look better in gold than in silver.
    Rather soft summer than soft autumn. Your skin is pinkish.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Rather soft summer than soft autumn. Your skin is pinkish.
    Actually you can't tell if a person is cooler or warmer based on overtone, specially if they're neutral. It's the undertone that matters, and we can't see it, only how colors react to it. But she is indeed a Summer based on this pic.

@reverie

I found the color very easily, would you prefer if I post the pics here (not yours), or should I PM you a side by side comparison?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    Actually you can't tell if a person is cooler or warmer based on overtone, specially if they're neutral. It's the undertone that matters, and we can't see it, only how colors react to it. But she is indeed a Summer based on this pic.

@reverie

I found the color very easily, would you prefer if I post the pics here (not yours), or should I PM you a side by side comparison?
    I know. But autumn is rather warm even if it's neutral....and she would look awful in that lilac/mauve if she was indeed autumn, even soft. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo...

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I know. But autumn is rather warm even if it's neutral....and she would look awful in that lilac/mauve if she was indeed autumn, even soft. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo...
    No, she wouldn't necessarily look worse, she could pull it off just fine in theory. The amount of heat on a person's skin is not necessarily the same of others in the same season, many people lean one way or another, is rare that someone fits right in the middle of what's expected. That's why not all colors of your palette will necessarily look great on you, some might be just ok, or even a no-no.

A Soft Autumn would look terrible in a True Summer mauve, but a Soft Summer mauve? Only if they are really close to Warm Autumn, which she clearly isn't.

And there's no reason for attitude.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@reverie

Since you like autumn warmth, you could use a cooler version of the moss green, and recreate the vibe:

Lipstick colors:

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually you can't tell if a person is cooler or warmer based on overtone, specially if they're neutral. It's the undertone that matters, and we can't see it, only how colors react to it. But she is indeed a Summer based on this pic. Also, veins on face.

@reverie

You can see undertone, for example, looking at veins. Blueish veins- cool undertone, green- warm undertone, if you cant tell or you have both- neutral. We can see veins like through filter, which is warmer or cooler skin.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, she wouldn't necessarily look worse, she could pull it off just fine in theory. The amount of heat on a person's skin is not necessarily the same of others in the same season, many people lean one way or another, is rare that someone fits right in the middle of what's expected. That's why not all colors of your palette will necessarily look great on you, some might be just ok, or even a no-no.

A Soft Autumn would look terrible in a True Summer mauve, but a Soft Summer mauve? Only if they are really close to Warm Autumn, which she clearly isn't.

And there's no reason for attitude.
    I agree with most of this but I don't get why you argue with me She looks clearly cool, but she feels like she is warmish, so it's summer flowing into autumn. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    You can see undertone, for example, looking at veins. Blueish veins- cool undertone, green- warm undertone, if you cant tell or you have both- neutral. We can see veins like through filter, which is warmer or cooler skin.
    This thread is about Sci-Art, which is scientific, based on the Munsell system. The vein test and also the gold vs silver jewelry trick, that's anything but. My veins are quite purple even in the summer for example, but I'm neutral. And gold generally looks better on me even though I'm a winter.

The undertone is this:

You can't see them by looking at your skin, if you see yellow for example (my case), that's the overtone. Sometimes they coincide (True seasons), but in neutral seasons they never do.

@Velvet

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that's Ashley on the right.

Ashley has always had more effeminate, symmetrical facial features (more conventionally attractive, if you will). she carries more natural weight in her face, softer melding of the facial features, fuller cheeks, and less of an obvious pout, more of a smirk. Mary-Kate's face is slightly more gaunt, longer, and her pout is one of her trademarks. it pulls her face downward, kinda like it's melting, which I believe is due to less natural weight in her face. I think that Ashley's sun-kissed skin makes a bigger difference than anything else (even if I agree it's a flattering dress) and Mary-Kate's makeup is just poorly done.

Edit: the funniest part is that if you reverse google image search that picture of Ashley, it still comes up as Mary-Kate. I had to find a video from the event to confirm that it was actually Ashley because I know that I find one more attractive than the other. holy crap these twins are the ultimate optical illusion

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire Gold has different shades too, so it is not a surprise:
    20160628Th1sHAGy7NoWPnzL_QkaHl_large.jpeg
    It is problematic to tell undertone for olive skin tone.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wasp

They are both the same season, but it's still funny

@Diana

Precisely. The so in vogue rose gold is only for Softs and Lights, for example.

In order to avoid confusion and unnecessary "arguing" in the future:

"Seasonal Color Analysis" is an umbrella term under which several different systems operate. Each subsystem have their own parameters and set of rules. My analysis and comments on this thread are based on the Sci-Art method, which uses calibrated fabric drapes to observe skin reaction to color. This calibration process is based on the Munsell system, which is scientifically approved. I chose this system because in my experience it's the most accurate, but that doesn't render others obsolete. Different strokes for different blokes.

If you are interested in personal color palettes but don't subscribe to Sci-Art and its rules, we are simply speaking different languages. I like learning so if you have a new method to introduce, please do.
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 11-04-2017 at 10:42 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey wow - this blew up, everyone! #Shook
    Grazie for the interest. Y'all are marvelous 16types as the color analysis collective demographic, incredible. @Playing With Fire your resources are awesome, thanks for the help

I use Jen Thoden's typology. She's a spring as far as I know, I don't really doubt it

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This doesn't really work sometimes I noticed, it all comes down to draping it seems? I was deluded with this as well as my veins seem cold-toned. Checked indoors and outdoors! But when I throw on some light blue I look like an angry ugly surgeon You see the color first not me, and I don't feel well in it. Also because I'm soft > bright. A strong eggplant - worse. Those veins don't mean a thing. Beige and olive on the other hand, boom! Queen Chae... haz árriv'd. You won't believe it, I look A+ in military clothing Tried on army pants somewhere and they were perfect, but too short. So I will try to get my hands on some of these elsewhere, also fits the pear shape I see:

Matching shoes: combines well with mustard there imo.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae

Well when I like something I'm all in, no half measures

Yes Jen is a Spring for sure, Bright Spring to be exact. I watched a bunch of her videos earlier this year. I think her system is great for women who aren't so demanding (like me lol). There's less rigidity, some of the absolute accuracy is sacrificed in name of more inclusion and options.

Many women mourn the loss of their favorite colors (black would be #1) after getting their analysis done. The professionals behind simpler systems usually allow for "cheating", they teach their clients how to do that while minimizing negative effects. I respect that not every woman puts "objectively" looking good before satisfying their personal tastes. For me there's no choice, 'cuz you know, overload

Later I'm going to make a post on my personal Kibbe + Seasonal Palette. I'm thinking about doing posts on celebrities of every season later on (including K-idols), what do you think? We could share our style inspirations.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ida View Post

Ah! A true fave.

^^^^^^^

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Diana; 08-25-2018 at 08:46 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MEGAN

@fox You're neutral like 98% of the population, what's bizarre about that? Lucky you, you get more room to play.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae

Well when I like something I'm all in, no half measures

Yes Jen is a Spring for sure, Bright Spring to be exact. I watched a bunch of her videos earlier this year. I think her system is great for women who aren't so demanding (like me lol). There's less rigidity, some of the absolute accuracy is sacrificed in name of more inclusion and options.

Many women mourn the loss of their favorite colors (black would be #1) after getting their analysis done. The professionals behind simpler systems usually allow for "cheating", they teach their clients how to do that while minimizing negative effects. I respect that not every woman puts "objectively" looking good before satisfying their personal tastes. For me there's no choice, 'cuz you know, overload

Later I'm going to make a post on my personal Kibbe + Seasonal Palette. I'm thinking about doing posts on celebrities of every season later on (including K-idols), what do you think? We could share our style inspirations.
    That's great tho - and if you're demanding, the system advances. We can't put up with the old seasons idea isolated from what you said, new input from Sci-Art.

It's tricky yes, also typing oneself into the season with your favorite colors in it just because! I say, let's get smart and combine cleverly to snatch that look knowing that your colors are not authoritative, but you are the authority, still. Tried this today, if I wanna wear black I will, but put an aubergine shawl on top. I keep in mind that I don't entirely exist to look good or am under the obligation of lookin pretty & perfect, and select colors to keep my wardrobe endlessly combine-able instead. What I find useful about it is that shopping for clothes is now less of a challenge, definitely. Options lowered. Color analysis is super handy and should be far more popular and practiced by everyone.

Ayyy Looking forward to the #facts - the burning question I got is BTS Jimin's season If you're down, Jungkook, too. I think he looks dashing in bright red, what's going on.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae My world is broken. I need somebody to drape me!

But I think that I got my type right. I was not sure about light or soft summer at first.
    Oh there are services online, or try some photoshop action xD If you trust yourself get a white shirt and then... drape thyself

Yup, super good Relying on a hunch might help.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire
    haha maybe, I'm still learning about the theory. I just feel like there's something to be said if the creator of that image couldn't distinguish between two different people since the theory finds its roots in specificity. I feel like she's right that one style looks better, but her reasoning is semi-flawed in my eyes.

I used to be obsessed with facial symmetry and skin tones, but I don't think I ever looked too deep into color palette theory.

I can sort of see myself in your photos of Natalie Portman, especially in the first photo, except my skin tone is more olive and in the wintertime it borders on translucent, pretty much like a white French person. in the summertime it borders on Brazilian. I've always been into black and white, denim jeans, neutral tones, especially earth tones. I didn't shop at Hollister because I was poor as bricks, but I always enjoyed their color palettes. if I couldn't find something affordable at Hollister, then I'd try to find something similar at a second-hand store. Olive green is by far the most flattering color on me, but I think that depends on my hair color and skin tone, and I don't know where that falls on the color palette theory. All I know is that I detest "loud" colors.

I checked out the Instagram accounts, but even if some of their respective color palettes were "flattering" (according to the theory) their outfits were ugly. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I feel like they're applying the theory way too literally and it's making them look like caricatures of high fashion.

I like this Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/peachiyy

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wasp

The names of the seasons are not meant to be taken literally, if you are a True Cool season for example, all that means is that those 100% cool colors make your skin look better, not that your skin itself is to totally cool. That's scientifically impossible.

Human skin is fulled with microveins where blood flows 24/7, there's always a bit of warmth. Thecnically speaking, if you're alive you have both warm and cool pigments on your body, but one will trump the other in terms of dominance.

There is no such a thing as a totally neutral person, no one gets to wear two palettes equally well.

@reverie Some of the companies I shared the IG accounts of sell costume made makeup according to season. Elea Blake cosmetics is a makeup company built on that premisse for example.

I don't wear foundation, the only thing I put on my face is BBCream, so I really don' t know much about skin coverage.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@wasp I feel like you're answering questions I didn't ask, but I reread my post and I see where it got confusing. I'm not implying that summer = tan or winter = pale. I'm saying that my skin tone varies greatly depending on the season (independent from the seasonal tones mentioned in the theory) so it's hard to place myself anywhere because I could see myself in several tones. I'm not yet knowledgeable enough in the theory to know how to distinguish between different shades of olive skin and how they correspond with various color palettes.

what I'm curious about is how my color preferences (black and white, earth tones, and colors associated with Hollister, such as maroon) match up with the theory + the tidbit about detesting "loud" colors, which may or may not be related to color palette theory, hopefully that clarifies things
    Last edited by wasp; 11-05-2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Edited to make more sense

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a very poor sense of fashion, really, but I'm very curious to learn more about color palettes. I have noticed that even subtle changes in colour can affect the impression you give off to others.

For the record, I am a Dark Autumn.

I like "warm", "deep", "powerful", "passionate" earthy types of colours. I wear a lot of red, black, white and creams, browns, roses, and I occasionally wear blues, as well, if they have this same effect. However, I do not like green or purple.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 11-05-2017 at 12:58 AM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae I missed your post, what's up with that?

BTS:
    Suga- Dark Winter
    J-Hope- Dark Autumn
    Jungkook- True Winter
    Jin- Soft Summer
    RM- Soft Autumn
    Jimin- Bright Spring
    V- Bright Spring

I'll include them on my K-Idols by season posts.
    @wasp

You made that comment about the creator of the theory not being able to differentiate a person, it seemed pretty direct to me. I guess it was a misunderstanding them.

There's no palette that includes those colors. Black & white are present on the 3 winters, with Dark Autumn wearing many reds and a warm black well, but no white, just cream. Bright Spring wears black well (it's more variable here) and has a couple very coral reds, but the lightest it goes is ivory.

If you can take cream or compromise with let' s say ivory instead of true white, you should be fine.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wOe I TAGGED MYSELF

I'm keeping it tho

if that's the creator of the theory then that makes sense. I thought it was made by a random internetter with access to paint. I'll check out those palettes next time I'm on the computer... maybe, if I can remember

Black, white, and denim master race

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm a soft summer (probably of the shaded variety) and I really like my season's color palette.... but I have sometimes wished I was a bright winter, because there are a lot of looks I love that they can pull off that I can't. If such a thing were possible, I'd like to switch between the two depending on my mood.

SOFT SUMMER
    1565786b85e3787614844426faf3b10f--soft-summer-makeup-summer-colors.jpg
    201243b8e51a0f7b51fdbfd8b4bf9972.jpg
    cbf6a6a1bf8c452475006859d664138f--adriana-lima-without-makeup-adriana-lima-makeup.jpg

BRIGHT WINTER
    2c75edc638a9e603dc07beeec3f8e64b--clear-winter-dark-winter.jpg
    82ecb582c899146b5486fdb8229e4734--clear-winter-color-theory.jpg
    0bddbe7e05d143db21502960c7e57ffe--winter-makeup-winter-beauty.jpg

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast