Thread: Socionics For Dummies

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    For Sx people, everywhere is a partner seeking place.

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does getting into a Ti-Ni Loop refers to any type?
    Are there any other loops?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Loop is kind of useless way to think about it since the application is still geared towards creative/demonstrative.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Does getting into a Ti-Ni Loop refers to any type?
    Are there any other loops?
    Yes.

Beta Ni and Ti subtype individuals get into "Ti-Ni loops", which can make them look NT.

So basically: IEI-Ni, EIE-Ni, SLE-Ti, LSI-Ti get into "Ti-Ni loops" with certain differences; IEI and LSI can get into their loop with more intensity, because of their HA connection. For EIE and SLE, the loop is less strong, because their Ti or Ni is just their DS, but it can still get surprisingly "loopy".

"Loop" refers to a somewhat obsessive and imbalanced focus on two Information elements, which is typically caused by a (strong) subtype.

IEI-Fe, EIE-Fe, SLE-Se, LSI-Se can get into "Fe-Se loops", which can make them look SF.

LII-Ti, ILE-Ti, SEI-Si, ESE-Si can get into "Ti-Si loops", which can make them look ST.

LII-Ne, ILE-Ne, SEI-Fe, ESE-Fe can get into "Ne-Fe loops", which can make them look NF.

LIE-Te, ILI-Te, ESI-Se, SEE-Se can get into "Te-Se loops", which can make them look ST.

LIE-Ni, ILI-Ni, ESI-Fi, SEE-Fi can get into "Ni-Fi loops", which can make them look NF.

LSE-Te, SLI-Te, EII-Ne, IEE-Ne can get into "Te-Ne loops", which can make them look NT.

LSE-Si, SLI-Si, EII-Fi, IEE-Fi can get into "Si-Fi loops", which can make them look SF.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 04-07-2018 at 09:10 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Beta Ni and Ti subtype individuals get into "Ti-Ni loops".

So basically: IEI-Ni, EIE-Ni, SLE-Ti, LSI-Ti get into "Ti-Ni loops" with certain differences; IEI and LSI can get into their loop with more intensity, because of their HA connection. For EIE and SLE, the loop is less strong, because their Ti or Ni is just their DS, but it can still get surprisingly "loopy".

"Loop" refers to a somewhat obsessive and imbalanced focus on two Information elements, which is typically caused by a (strong) subtype.

IEI-Fe, EIE-Fe, SLE-Se, LSI-Se can get into "Fe-Se loops".

LII-Ti, ILE-Ti, SEI-Si, ESE-Si can get into "Ti-Si loops".

LII-Ne, ILE-Ne, SEI-Fe, ESE-Fe can get into "Ne-Fe loops".

LIE-Te, ILI-Te, ESI-Se, SEE-Se can get into "Te-Se loops".

LIE-Ni, ILI-Ni, ESI-Fi, SEE-Fi can get into "Ni-Fi loops".

LSE-Te, SLI-Te, EII-Ne, IEE-Ne can get into "Te-Ne loops".

LSE-Si, SLI-Si, EII-Fi, IEE-Fi can get into "Si-Fi loops".
    And what about Deltas?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

And what about Deltas?
    See edit.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

To avoid loops... you need a balanced perspective.

If introverted, get out of your head and be around people more. Listen to what they say. Don't tune them out or you will be oblivious. It will give you a broader perspective.

If extroverted, take a break now and then, focus on yourself, introspect, listen to the voice within or you will be clueless. It will give you a deeper perspective.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Socionics-tailored advice concerning "loops":

If you are Inert (first function) subtype, try to use your Creative a bit more often.
    If you are Contact (second function) subtype, try to use your Lead a bit more often.

The only way to really get out of the "loop", is to use both your Ego functions together more.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Because of those "loops", I am inclined to believe that theoretically the ideal state is having no subtype, because that way the Ego functions get utilized the most "naturally", without an odd over-fixation on an Information Element outside of it.

Subtypes seem to be an adaptation to the environment, as well as an inborn inclination of someone (to a perhaps slightly lesser extent).

Afaik, most people with no subtype did not feel the need to focus more on an IE outside of their Ego; because in their environment, their Ego was mostly well-accepted and well-suited to the demands put on them.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    SLI, 9-1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! When a person is drunk, which function or block becomes active? Why behaviour changes? Can socionics explain that or it is not related?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hello! When a person is drunk, which function or block becomes active? Why behaviour changes? Can socionics explain that or it is not related?
    Fe, could be positive or negative. Ne when you start assessing everyone's potential and why they are not living up to it. If you drink alone then maybe Fi or convoluted Ti. When you drink too much and end up sick could be Si. If you want to play daredevil or pick a fight Se or Te.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It seems like alcohol primarily numbs/dumbs down the Logical/"rational" faculties of the brain... It impacts logical decision-making. Based on my personal experience and observations.

So that results in the person's Ti and Te getting to some extent "turned off". For many people, that then also leads to their Fe and/or Fi getting amplified, which can result in them becoming more giggly, or more sentimental, etc. Also, it tends to diminish Ni – foresight into how actions progress/develop in the future; people become more reckless when they are drunk.

So if you combine all of the above, that would mean that alcohol can make someone more like a fake SF (Alpha > Gamma).

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to put people into an Fe/Se state, not just Fe IMO. The stereotypical person who likes to go out and get drunk and rowdy is the Se leading type. We can speculate that it "turns off" certain elements like @Olimpia says, or amplifies others. Other drugs also seem to be correlated with elements - marijuana Si, hallucinogens intuition, amphetamines Se/Te?, etc.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    It seems to put people into an Fe/Se state, not just Fe IMO. The stereotypical person who likes to go out and get drunk and rowdy is the Se leading type. We can speculate that it "turns off" certain elements like @Olimpia says, or amplifies others. Other drugs also seem to be correlated with elements - marijuana Si, hallucinogens intuition, amphetamines Se/Te?, etc.
    Yeah...

Marijuana makes me feel uncomfortable because I am overloaded with sensation that I am not sure how to handle plus it makes me paranoid. I can't think straight on it and I don't know how anyone does. It tells me to stay away from in in my DNA report for similar reasons. I have seen it turn a SLE into a philosopher though.

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

all kinds of effects.

I have sen person becoming drama queen and pointing himself with an air gun while talking about suicide. Yes, alcohol...

It really depends on person.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When a person is drunk, which function or block becomes active?
    Alcohol supresses your consciousness with its strong functions. This allows for weak functions to become easier accessible. You may think like weak functions blocks become more active: F types become more reasonable, T types get more feelings, S types get new irrational impressions, N types feel better the real world.
    The problem is alcohol supresses your attention, so you can't to use good weak functions anyway - they are chaotic. In some sense alcohol shows our internal child, a disorganised and slightly calmed version of him.
    The optimum level to get this fun is 30-40 gramms of spirit for average 70 kg adult European man per day. What is ~250 ml glass of good vine. Not more! It's better to avoid cheap vines < $7 per 0.7 litre bottle, as you may get higher intoxication from secondary contents.

Being LSE, I personally feel more connection with my N and F functions.

According to Aylen's report probably marijuana does similar, except its specific mind distortions.
    Last edited by Sol; 11-04-2017 at 10:53 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Most often Fe and Se are boosted.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I feel like the disinhibition from alcohol operates most obviously on your suggestive, what that looks like is different per type but thats the more general rule. I feel like marijuana messes with intuition/sensing axis specifically

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

So/Sx makes you seem more Fe (Alpha).
    So/Sp makes you seem more Te (Gamma).

Sx/So makes you seem more Se (Beta).
    Sx/Sp makes you seem more Fi (Gamma).

Sp first makes you seem more Si (Delta).

Why?

Because many (or even most) people of those stackings actually do have that IE in their Ego, or at least value said IE. But not all of them. So the stereotypes exist for a reason, but they are not 100% reliable.

Beyond that, the instinctual stackings have a certain "drive" or "energy" that is inherently reminiscent of said IEs, which can (and often does) lead to mistypings.

The revolutionary and transformational "force" of Sx/So seems like Se valuing/ego by default.
    The people-pleasing, sociable nature of So/Sx seems like Fe valuing/ego by default.
    Etc.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A lot of clients of PUA guys are Gamma NT.

Most PUA guys are Aggressors who teach the Gamma NTs how to be more proactive and aggressor-like basically.

Those Gamma NTs are usually rich guys who never learned how to deal with and attract women properly, because they were typically workaholics etc etc.

In that way, the PUA business can be surprisingly lucrative.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I have this little insider-joke-theory, that Se lead people tend to roam the world so much, going through many relationships and so forth, because their Duals (Ni leads) are so hard to find.

But eventually they run out of time, so they either find an Ni lead or settle for something close to it (Mirage or Supervisor) or close to themselves (Identical or Mirror).

At least I see that kind of trend playing out quite commonly with Se subtype individuals in particular.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I have this little insider-joke-theory, that Se lead people tend to roam the world so much, going through many relationships and so forth, because their Duals (Ni leads) are so hard to find.

But eventually they run out of time, so they either find an Ni lead or settle for something close to it (Mirage or Supervisor) or close to themselves (Identical or Mirror).

At least I see that kind of trend playing out quite commonly with Se subtype individuals in particular.
    ^ This could be connected to E7.

IEE Sx/So 7s (a la Russell Brand) often go through relationships like that too.

For Sexual 7s, going through lots of sexual experiences is a mental escape, with an unconscious desire for someone to reel them in and make them either relax ( seeking) or introspect ( seeking) more.

Se subtype people almost always have 7 somewhere in their tritype...
    In fact, I cannot think of someone with whom that wasn't the case (yet?)...

EII-Ne can and do usually have 7 as a fix, but it is not a "strict" thing.
    LII-Ne are usually still 5 fix/core (but with a stronger connection to their 7 point).
    Ne leads usually have 7 somewhere, too; typically as the core type.

So yes, 7 is closely connected to and .
    All 7s (core) are EP types, afaik.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

So yes, 7 is closely connected to and .
    All 7s (core) are EP types, afaik.
    On that note, (almost?) all ESI-Se and LSI-Se people are CP 6w7.

SLE-Se people are either 7, 8w7, or CP 6w7.
    SEE-Se people are either 7 or CP 6w7.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 11-30-2017 at 11:37 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

8 is closely connected to > .

All 8s (core) are Te lead or SLE, afaik.

So essentially 8 is ExTx with the exception of ILE; likely because ILE does not value either IE.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

All the Sociotypes can be 6 core or fix, yay!

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Cool Overview of Enneagram types and IE correlations (irl)

Type 1: Extroverted Judging / Je Ego
    Sociotypes: EIE, SLI-Te, ILI, IEI, LSE, LIE (SEI, ESE)

Type 2: Extroverted Feeling / Ego , Ethical (leaning Extrovert)
    Sociotypes: ESE, EIE, SEI-Fe, IEI-Fe

Type 3: Business Logic valuing Extrovert
    Sociotypes: SEE, LIE, IEE, LSE

Type 4: Introverted Feeling > Introverted Intuition , Ethical (leaning Introvert)
    Sociotypes: ESI, EII, IEE-Fi, IEI

Type 5: Introverted Logic > Weak Extroverted Sensing , Logical Introvert
    Sociotypes: LII, ILI

Type 6: Universal
    Sociotypes: all

Type 7: Extroverted Perceiving / Pe Lead
    Sociotypes: ILE, SLE, SEE, IEE

Type 8: Extroverted Logic / Je Ego > Extroverted Sensing , Logical Extrovert
    Sociotypes: LIE, LSE, SLE

Type 9: Introverted Sensing > Introverted Ethics > Weak and/or Unvalued Extroverted Sensing , (leaning Ethical) Introvert
    Sociotypes: SEI, SLI-Si, ESI, EII, IEI, LII
    Last edited by Olimpia; 12-19-2017 at 12:11 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think enneagram type can change? ... There is maybe a theory for this already, and I just don't know about it, I haven't looked too much into enneagram.

From what i've seen, enneagram represents personality traits, to compensate for changes in personality, it gives health levels of a type.

But ... what is the basis for enneagram, why 9 types? It seems a bit incomplete to me.

I would imagine enneagram type (or fixes ... i'm not sure if I'm using the word right) can change over time, as people can change over time.

BTW - if this is not the right place for this post, let me know, and i'll move it, or just remove it. It may be you are looking to build a beginners guide here, which is commendable, so the less clutter the better, either way it's cool.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    Do you think enneagram type can change? ... There is maybe a theory for this already, and I just don't know about it, I haven't looked too much into enneagram.

From what i've seen, enneagram represents personality traits, to compensate for changes in personality, it gives health levels of a type.

But ... what is the basis for enneagram, why 9 types? It seems a bit incomplete to me.

I would imagine enneagram type (or fixes ... i'm not sure if I'm using the word right) can change over time, as people can change over time.

BTW - if this is not the right place for this post, let me know, and i'll move it, or just remove it. It may be you are looking to build a beginners guide here, which is commendable, so the less clutter the better, either way it's cool.
    No problem, keep asking!

Yeah there are different theories on this issue.

I think/believe that essentially, Enneagram types (tritype, stacking, core etc.) do NOT change.

However, as you said, health levels can and do change, which can make people express their type(s) quite differently.

Also, it seems like we can use our instincts and tritype fixes to some extent dynamically or flexibly, depending on what a specific situation requires, what kind of life obstacles you are facing rn, etc.

For example, if you are in a situation where food is scarce, or you want to lose weight, you'll have to rely on your SP instinct; and you'll occupy your mind with SP matters, even if you are SP blindspot.

Or if you are faced with a confrontational situation and you are a 9 fix, you will likely act like a 9 core in that situation, but otherwise revert back to your main type or second fix, depending on what is going on...

The origins of the Enneagram are rather mysterious and vague, and I cannot tell you why it is 9 types. ^^'

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The whole Duality premise/ideal is quite Sx/Sp.

It's like Socionics has mostly been built up by SO blindspot Alpha NTs and some EIIs.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem, keep asking!

Yeah there are different theories on this issue.

I think/believe that essentially, Enneagram types (tritype, stacking, core etc.) do NOT change.

However, as you said, health levels can and do change, which can make people express their type(s) quite differently.

Also, it seems like we can use our instincts and tritype fixes to some extent dynamically or flexibly, depending on what a specific situation requires, what kind of life obstacles you are facing rn, etc.

For example, if you are in a situation where food is scarce, or you want to lose weight, you'll have to rely on your SP instinct; and you'll occupy your mind with SP matters, even if you are SP blindspot.

Or if you are faced with a confrontational situation and you are a 9 fix, you will likely act like a 9 core in that situation, but otherwise revert back to your main type or second fix, depending on what is going on...

The origins of the Enneagram are rather mysterious and vague, and I cannot tell you why it is 9 types. ^^'
    Yeah. That's the thing with socionics, there's a reason why there's 16 types - why there's no more, no less, ie only 4 ways of 'interacting with the world' and an extraverted and introverted side to each, so structurally it's good for Ti.

Enneagram looks like there's more for a leap of faith, there doesn't seem to be a reason for 9 types, or for types to connect such as 9 to 6 to 3, but it's all quite interesting.

I did a test and it gave me a 6

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Orderliness |||||||||| 38%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||| 38%
    Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 62%

type score type behavior motivation
    5 15 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
    6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
    8 15 I must be strong and in control to survive.
    9 15 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
    2 14 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
    4 14 I must be unique/different to survive.
    7 14 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
    1 9 I must be orderly/planned to survive.
    3 9 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.

Your main type is Type 6
    Your variant stacking is omni
    Your level of health is above average
    Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking). For info on the flaws of the Enneagram system click here.

I'd say i'm generally in a 9 frame of mind, going by the descriptions.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Sociotypes: Alpha SF, Beta NF, Gamma NT, Delta ST

Type 4: Introverted Feeling > Introverted Intuition , Ethical (leaning Introvert)

Type 9: Introverted Sensing > Introverted Ethics > Weak and/or Unvalued Extroverted Sensing , (leaning Ethical) Introvert
    More specifically...

1w2: mostly Delta ST or EIE
    1w9: mostly ILI

2w1: mostly EIE-Ni and xEI-Fe
    2w3: mostly EIE-Fe and ESE

3w2: mostly LIE-Te and SEE-Fi
    3w4: mostly SEE-Fi

4w3: mostly ESI
    4w5: mostly EII, IEI-Ni, and ESI-Fi

5w4: (mostly, if not only) ILI-Ni
    5w6: mostly LII

6w5: introverted subtype and/or introvert
    6w7: extroverted subtype and/or extrovert

7w6: all EPs
    7w8: (mostly, if not only) SLE

8w7: mostly SLE-Se, LIE-Te, LSE-Te
    8w9: mostly LIE-Ni, LSE-Si, SLE-Ti

9w8: SLI and ESI
    9w1: (mostly, if not only) SEI, EII, IEI, LII
    Last edited by Olimpia; 04-07-2018 at 09:12 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The whole Duality premise/ideal is quite Sx/Sp.

It's like Socionics has mostly been built up by SO blindspot Alpha NTs and some EIIs.
    Hell no, it's a social first system. It's entirety is built up on inter-type-RELATIONS. It's all in all focused on how people communicate and the relations they have with eachother. This is the essence of the social instinct.
    The idea of "duality" and you two bettering eachother is also social.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Sociotypes: EIE, SLI-Te, ILI, IEI, (LSE, LIE, SEI, ESE)

Enneagram Types in the Quadras:

Alpha: (1) 2, 5, 6, 7, 9

Beta: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9

Gamma: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Delta: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9

The Enneagram types in each Quadra give it a certain "colouration" or "vibe".

In that context it is interesting to note that the Alpha Quadra lacks the introspective "heaviness"/melancholy of Type 4 and "dark" aggression of Type 8; it is indeed the "lightest" Quadra.

A key feature of the Merry vs Serious Quadras is 2 () vs 3 ().
    This is the one aspect that distinguishes Betas and Deltas from each other, who are otherwise identical in terms of Enneagram.

The Alpha and Gamma Quadras both contain the NTs and the 5s. Both are characterized by the "Researcher" mentality.

The Gammas are the most complex and varied in terms of Enneagram, including all types except for 2.

Universally, the Quadras can unite under 6's fears, doubts, and loyalty; 7's drive for exploration and adventure; 9's desire for peace and harmony.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 11-30-2017 at 03:38 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    It's entirety is built up on inter-type-RELATIONS.
    It's not, as there is also knowledge where you are stronger and weaker.
    While besides relations, there is your personal comfort - which people are better FOR YOU, what is SP related. And which people may you to like more and hence which will arise more passion in you, what is some sense is SX related.

> It's all in all focused on how people communicate

It's primarily focused on the contents of your consciousness and only then, based on this how you relate with others.

> The idea of "duality" and you two bettering eachother is also social.

The method to reduce problems in own life is also SP.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    While besides relations, there is your personal comfort - which people are better FOR YOU, what is SP related. And which people may you to like more and hence which will arise more passion in you, what is some sense is SX related.

It's primarily focused on the contents of your consciousness and only then, based on this how you relate with others.

Sol = Sp/Sx confirmed

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sol = Sp/Sx confirmed
    I did not researched thoroughly subtypes of Enneagram. If some of E-types themselves look like fiting to my experience, meanwhile subtypes seem as doubtful still. It's other typology, not Enneagram types.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

"Better for you" is mainly social. social lasts have no need to be seen as "good" in the way others do. The stackings are unbalances, so really, everyone would benefit from working on their last, weakest instinct because the last instinct actually helps the first instinct. For a sp/sx for example, getting better at social will make their career better, too. It's not something that's inherently in them, though. They have to work on that.

The idea of having another person help/support you /make you 'better' is social. Bonding is social. Networking is social. Communicating is social. Words are social.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    "Better for you" is mainly social
    If "better for me" does not relate to self-protection, then additonal lols to e-subtypes or how you understand them.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotypes: Alpha SF, Beta NF, Gamma NT, Delta ST
    Hmm. I've never met a person who is either Alpha SF or Delta ST with E-Core type 1 since I occupy myself with personal types. I even doubt I've ever met an Alpha SF person with Core type 1.
    1 as wing or in the E-tritype ok, might be, but not core type.
    1 in Alpha SF and Delta ST is probably as rare as 4.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm....

so social is about gaining protection and empowerment in larger entities.

sp is about protecting yourself.

I could see how an sp would rather not rely on a relationship, because it's another person which is unpredictable.

sx/sp would go for that relationship at the exclusion of all other things, so the two as an entity then protects.

sp/sx would preserve themself 1st, but form a bond with that special one if they were sure it wouldn't harm them.

Hence the nature of typologies, always open to discussion.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast