Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Socionics and Handwriting

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote two passages. The first is just Lorem Ipsum, writing while looking at the reference text. I made some effort at legibility/reproducing it correctly -- as you can see though, not enough so that it turned out particularly amazingly.

27914-B41-36-AA-4048-81-A1-869-A976-E0609.jpg

The second I wrote at my usual pace, without looking at a reference text or anything.

handwriting2_2.jpg

I'm curious if anyone's able to make anything from this!
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 04-11-2021 at 12:41 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    My philosophy is the same. Except I like to save as much space as possible hahaha. I omit the small details but I think general concepts are important to write in detail so I end up taking several pages of minuscule text in each class hahah. My memory kinda handles the rest. But without writing down notes it's harder for me to retain details.

My ILE buddy also used tons of paper for his math stuff. Since he was using so many notebooks he just started taking notes on his computer and a drawing tablet. Great solution imo for anybody with big letters.
    Yeah, I have purchased a drawing tablet already.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I wrote two passages. The first is just Lorem Ipsum, writing while looking at the reference text. I made some effort at legibility/reproducing it correctly -- as you can see though, it didn't turn out amazingly.

The second I wrote at my usual pace, without looking at a reference text or anything.

handwriting2_2.jpg

Tricky to glance over your shoulder and peek at what you're writing
    It is very elegant script nonetheless. I like the tails on Ys and Gs. Do you prefer to jot notes in pencil rather than pen?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Tricky to glance over your shoulder and peek at what you're writing
    It is very elegant script nonetheless. I like the tails on Ys and Gs. Do you prefer to jot notes in pencil rather than pen?
    I'm (pleasantly) surprised you think it's elegant. I've always been told my handwriting was atrocious. I do prefer pencil; why do you ask?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    I will be expecting free typings. Crippled hand is not a valid one

Attachment 16744
    Sentences brisk make me think logical type. yet your letters change their slope as they go like mine do. Type status: loading

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm (pleasantly) surprised you think it's elegant. I've always been told my handwriting was atrocious. I do prefer pencil; why do you ask?
    I asked because I prefer writing in ink, and scribbling out my errors to erasing them. It helps to retain my flow... once I start, I don't want to stop and put down my pen.

was also curious whether use of pencil could indicate less... rashness in a person? Keeps options open.

e. g. I am picturing a reminder note, tentative in 6H

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked because I prefer writing in ink, and scribbling out my errors to erasing them. It helps to retain my flow... once I start, I don't want to stop and put down my pen.

was also curious whether use of pencil could indicate less... rashness in a person? Keeps options open.

e. g. I am picturing a reminder note, tentative in 6H
    I think I prefer pencils because they're typically lighter and feel easier in my hands to write with than pens. Pens also often stain, or their ink can run dry, while it's more difficult to tell when they're close to running out of ink than it is to tell when a pencil is running short on graphite.

Since you gave someone else typing advice based on their handwriting, might I ask if you think my handwriting reveals anything about my personality?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I prefer pencils because they're typically lighter and feel easier in my hands to write with than pens. Pens also often stain, or their ink can run dry, while it's more difficult to tell when they're close to running out of ink than it is to tell when a pencil is running short on graphite.

Since you gave someone else typing advice based on their handwriting, might I ask if you think my handwriting reveals anything about my personality?
    That's a great point (haha) you make about pens running out of ink.

To be honest, you brought up several arguments for pencil vs pen use that would not occur to me right away.

Could we attribute that to Si + a judging function? Si considerations being: what constitutes a pen or a pencil. Which lends a finer line. Which instrument, based on previous tries, is most comfortable and easy to use.

Your justifications, combined with handwriting style and choice of source text make me think a contingency-planning rational type is a good fit.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman your post was especially timely, because... there are dry pens at my desk that mingle with the decent ones - I forget to throw them away and just put them back instead

When I started writing my own note to share in this thread, my pen dried up one setence in and tore through my paper. let's just say it wasn't meant to be...

edit : second attempt
    2021_0411.jpg
    Last edited by thistle; 04-11-2021 at 04:05 AM.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My handwriting tends to differ based on my mood or how tired I am, but this one seems the most consistent.

20210410_215001cpy.jpg

20210410_215120cpy.jpg

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great point (haha) you make about pens running out of ink.

To be honest, you brought up several arguments for pencil vs pen use that would not occur to me right away.

Could we attribute that to Si + a judging function? Si considerations being: what constitutes a pen or a pencil. Which lends a finer line. Which instrument, based on previous tries, is most comfortable and easy to use.

Your justifications, combined with handwriting style and choice of source text make me think a contingency-planning rational type is a good fit.
    But...that has nothing to do with my handwriting! ツ

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But...that has nothing to do with my handwriting! ツ
    ooh I'm not getting away easy :}

Before my detour to reading between lines I observed that your handwriting retains a constant rhythm, or *energy*, and the letters a fairly consistent shape. The strokes looked soft and smooth, indicating a mood that is not erratic. Your writing is contained within as many lines as required, it is quite functional and not for show. So, that's a Rational and logical type diagnosis for @FreelancePoliceman

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...writing-sample
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ur-handwriting
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...WRITING-THREAD

Before my detour to reading between lines I observed that your handwriting retains a constant rhythm, or *energy*
    you may to have N type
    recommend to make a typing theme with a videointerview

http://imgur.com/a/VufRyIp

Cursive and printed. I generally use cursive for any longer writing I do (assuming no one else has to read it). I too prefer the mighty pencil for printed writing. Sometimes I use one for cursive, but I've got some fountain pens that I usually grab.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact a handwriting pattern analyst.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wrote two passages. The first is just Lorem Ipsum, writing while looking at the reference text. I made some effort at legibility/reproducing it correctly -- as you can see though, not enough so that it turned out particularly amazingly.

handwriting2_2.jpg

I am not versed at all in analyzing something like this and this is entirely guess for me but it...comes across as very constrained (shy/reclusive?) but at the same time somewhat impatient, forward thinking/imaginative

I might be completely off lol

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    I think your handwriting has kind of a balance between "incomprehensible" and "clearly readable"? Dunno how to explain this lol, it's not like I can't understand what you wrote, quite the contrary, the words are pretty clear, but my mind's first reaction when seeing it is thinking "I cannot read". It looks very cool imo, with a bunch of flourishes, and I like the pen you wore.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    I think your handwriting has kind of a balance between "incomprehensible" and "clearly readable"? Dunno how to explain this lol, it's not like I can't understand what you wrote, quite the contrary, the words are pretty clear, but my mind's first reaction when seeing it is thinking "I cannot read".
    That actually makes sense, I was wondering about something similar - but ofc my handwriting is legible to me but I wasn't sure if others saw it similarly

It looks very cool imo, with a bunch of flourishes, and I like the pen you wore.
    Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123