View Poll Results: what is the type of Steve Jobs?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

6 22.22%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 3.70%
  • EIE (ENFj)

13 48.15%
  • LSI (ISTj)

2 7.41%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 3.70%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 7.41%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 3.70%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 3.70%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Jobs is Ni creative, EIE most likely, although there are some very charismatic and personable if needed LIE's out there, with narcissistic temper tantrums to add. But I don't think Jobs was Te-leading.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Yep... typical EIE trait.
    Also a trait of most bossess and politicians, no matter the type : )

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yeah seriously, so fucking many of those typings are absurd, lol. Bruce Willis EIE? Gimme a fuckin break. LSE to the max.

Why not SLE for Bruce Willis?
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Hah! What an arrogant, self-important prick Bruce appears to be.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the biography suggested EIE heavily (the book, didnt see the documentary) I believe that is the right typing.

iee seems unlikely lol I don't think HP cog fits his vision style, no switching of perspective or place for different views, just pushing forwards towards perfection. I could see why people think ile or lie but they are confusing ethical with nice. He was definitely good with his Fe and Ni.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    ^ Hah! What an arrogant, self-important prick Bruce appears to be.
    According to Kevin Smith, that's a problem for Bruce or maybe just a problem for other people.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there is ten minutes I will never get back, listening to that slob who makes bad movies. No offence to anyone who likes him.

This thread is for Jobs, so.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE is close enough as a typing for him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most clear ENTps of all time.

Probably Ne subtype, that's why he looks NF in some ways.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typical Ni creative speech starting from the first video.
    So elaborate, so obvious, so numbing.

Let's put a computer together.. it can be elitistic and expensive... but it has to be simple.
    Typical tendency in NiSe quadras: let's cut the crap. No hidden settings etc. What a discovery killer. This is why I prefer Chromebook with proper Linux installation with edited BIOS.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 12-13-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goddamned, i have voted lie because i was thinking about that microsoft guy.

so the lie vote should be discounted!

btw i have no clue about steve jobs type lol.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was EIE-Fe.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched this and he call himself "keeper of the vision". It reinforce EIE for me.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No Te available, those damn products aren't designed to be maximum efficient and useful, just e7-ish fancy/visionary and prestigious. I agree with EIE, his oevre was fundamentally ethical. Compare him to Bill Gates, LIE e5, whose vision was coupled with universal productive merit. Jobs could persuade with enthusiasm and people skills, the factual Gates with necessity and something that could get stuff done.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were trying to be the richest/the most powerful/the coolest etc. I'm sure Bill Gates was just thinking of ways to make as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time. You can become the richest person in the world when you're selling $200 software to virtually every computers in the world. And now Apple is the richest company in the US, thanks to iPhones.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were trying to be the richest/the most powerful/the coolest etc. I'm sure Bill Gates was just thinking of ways to make as much money as possible in the shortest amount of time. You can become the richest person in the world when you're selling $200 software to virtually every computers in the world. And now Apple is the richest company in the US, thanks to iPhones.
    We can't be sure about it, but is indicates ---> Ni creative, Se HA.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    No Te available, those damn products aren't designed to be maximum efficient and useful, just e7-ish fancy/visionary and prestigious. I agree with EIE, his oevre was fundamentally ethical. Compare him to Bill Gates, LIE e5, whose vision was coupled with universal productive merit. Jobs could persuade with enthusiasm and people skills, the factual Gates with necessity and something that could get stuff done.
    This is brilliant.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    We can't be sure about it, but is indicates ---> Ni creative, Se HA.
    I can verify that I, as an LIE-Te, am not interested in being the richest person in the world; just richer than my brother-in-law (Lol). Nor am I interested in being the most powerful person, or the coolest, etc. As goals, those things are kind of laughable to me. I mean, what do you do with something like that? I have no idea.

I will say that I have always moved from jobs with lower productivity to jobs with higher productivity.

I remember when I was about fifteen, going to a friend's house and seeing that he had a small lathe in his garage, and I was stunned at the productivity of that machine. I had to have one for myself. I got a job in a machine shop the next year to learn how to use machines, and then bought a lathe, mill, and bandsaw with my earnings when I was 17. Their first use was to mill the heads of a friend's engine, and their second use was to make parts for telescopes, which I sold to a regional retailer.

But one man and one machine can only be so productive. So I moved to building the machines, then to designing them, then to designing all sorts of things. At first, my customers were a mix of industry, medical, and government, but the government part of the business has the greatest profit margins, so that is where I now focus my efforts.

I now have a building full of CNC machines, but they are used only to make things with hard time constraints. Otherwise, it is more profitable to send the work out when something needs to be made.

If I were to look ahead at making the business more profitable, I'd concentrate on producing only research or advice tempered with judgement, neither of which requires anything physical to be made. These are also areas which are least likely to be displaced by machines, intelligent or not, in the future.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange but can you can compare yourself to these two "Übermenschen" (as Nietzsche said)? You're Sp last and don't care about these matters anyway- but Jobs was So/Sp, and Gates is Sp/So! The standards to getting money are on a new level there. Us Sx/So people are in another dimension of dating and intimacy. Properly talking money is far away from what we do, even with a or HA.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange but can you can compare yourself to these two "Übermenschen" (as Nietzsche said)? You're Sp last and don't care about these matters anyway- but Jobs was So/Sp, and Gates is Sp/So! The standards to getting money are on a new level there. Us Sx/So people are in another dimension of dating and intimacy. Properly talking money is far away from what we do, even with a or HA.
    True, @Chae. An Sp-first is a very different person from an sp-last. My comments were only to illustrate that I have always tried to find the best of many options (Ni) to become more resource and effort efficient (Te).

One of the businesses that I started failed because I gave away too much control and ownership in the company because, Hey, we're all in this together, right?
    I thought they would take care of me the same way that I would take care of them (sx-first attitude). Wrong. I have since learned to be greedier, or more self-interested, or whatever. Certainly less willing to cede control to anyone who isn't me.

My advice is, don't have business partners unless you would marry them, and even then, it's probably a really bad idea.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    But one man and one machine can only be so productive. So I moved to building the machines, then to designing them, then to designing all sorts of things. At first, my customers were a mix of industry, medical, and government, but the government part of the business has the greatest profit margins, so that is where I now focus my efforts.

I now have a building full of CNC machines, but they are used only to make things with hard time constraints. Otherwise, it is more profitable to send the work out when something needs to be made.

If I were to look ahead at making the business more profitable, I'd concentrate on producing only research or advice tempered with judgement, neither of which requires anything physical to be made. These are also areas which are least likely to be displaced by machines, intelligent or not, in the future.
    This guy seems to prefer the hand tools.

But then, he's not in it for the money...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Steve Wozniak is an LII... I wonder if Jonathan Ive is an IEI.

What Ive said about Jobs:

I was talking to a friend of Steve’s and a friend of mine earlier in the week, on the day that marked the fourth anniversary of his death. What struck me, four years ago, is that I was faced with this wall of grief. A lot of messy—a whole series of multiple feelings. In thinking of him then, there was this incredible complexity of all his attributes. What has been very surprising, is that over the four years that have passed, so much of that noise, and so many of his attributes, they’ve ended up essentially receding. And what’s left is . . . just him.

Quite honestly, what’s remained, I never would have predicted four years ago. What’s remained is almost unremarkable, but what’s remained is his very simple focus on trying to make something beautiful and great. And it really was simple. There wasn’t a grand plan of winning, or a very complicated agenda. That simplicity seemed almost childlike in its purity. And it’s true.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so happy as I saw him—this very simple kind of joy—when he would realize, “This is actually working out. This could be great.” It was just the simplicity of that.

That stands in such contrast, obviously, to how he’s being frequently and popularly portrayed at the moment. The lack of agenda.

He certainly had a sense of a civic responsibility to make something good, as a way of somehow making a contribution to humanity, and to culture.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After I watched the above video last year, I was certain that Steve Jobs was an LSI. I saw him having strong business sense, Ni HA, being able to reinforce sleek designs with Si demo, very logical, and pretty much exemplifying the LSI stereotype of being very strict and demanding with strong principles with how he ran his development team and treated people on the job.

But watching the video of him below where he's much younger, he seems very much like EIE. Dynamic and emotional and intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I wonder how I'll turn out at the end of my life/career lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Jobs - INFJ - Dostoyevsky

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its between EIE and LSI, which is odd since they are opposites. He do have a way of speaking, magical and selling. He is also into the most logical fields there is, computers. So its a tie, but. His deep involvement with the music, arts and the way he talk with sensation data made him tip towards LSI tho.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE-Ti 3w4 so/sp is pretty basic. Jobs is the posterboy for the cunning/inventive/innovative cognition (Ne/Ti). He had extraordinary intuition in technology just keeping him ahead of the curve and creatively (some would say destructively) arranged and rearranged facts (Ti-Creative) in order to keep his vision of Apple in the driver's seat. Ti-Creative turns Ne-vision into logically structured plans.

Let's look at the pieces to play with. I'm giving you the pieces/templates to type with....doesn't mean everybody has to agree.

I've already cracked all the discernible VI patterns for each type and subtype in Socionics.
    ADDED: https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/ile-ti/

I've already cracked the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack in the Enneagram:
    Previously Added: https://stackemup.livejournal.com/4180.html

Jobs best fits the Cocky, Arrogant, Egotistical Type 3 Character Type that I wrote about and was reposted here and elsewhere:

http://stackemupenneagram.blogspot.com/

"They put others on notice that they are a superior being and that admiration is their due, that others need to be rolling out the red carpet for them."

"Now having suffered persecution from non-admirers, threes believe they have confirmation of their importance, of their greatness. They put themselves on the pedestal of a messianic figure. They have a sense that history begins and ends with them, as if the transition from b.c. to a.d. occurred at some benchmark in the three's life such as raking in the first million dollars."

"Unhealthy Threes are narcissistic. Their grandiosity is flagrant, maintained by disdain for reality, since reality is full of people who don’t share the threes' high sense of worth. Psychopathic revenge equates to a last ditch effort by threes to assert their superiority."

The main through-line we see in his unhealthy streaks is grandiosity. Jobs is a textbook case of narcissistic leadership.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...sism-justified:

"there is no doubt in my professional judgment that Jobs met criteria for a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). He was preoccupied with his sense of importance and his brilliance..."

Ne/Ti cognition combined with the compensatorily achievement drive of 3w4 gave him laser focus on his goals.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 11-03-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inspired by a realization that Apple has a big aesthetic appeal...

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    Type please??

FWIW:

Do What You Love: Time is Too Short to do Anything Else ...

"I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the
    finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth
    be told, this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation.
    Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That's it. No big
    deal. Just three stories.

The First Story is About Connecting the Dots.

I dropped out of Reed College after the first 6 months, but then stayed
    around as a drop-in for another 18 months or so before I really quit. So
    why did I drop out?

It started before I was born. My biological mother was a young, unwed
    college graduate student, and she decided to put me up for adoption. She
    felt very strongly that I should be adopted by college graduates, so
    everything was all set for me to be adopted at birth by a lawyer and his
    wife.

Except that when I popped out they decided at the last minute that they
    really wanted a girl. So my parents, who were on a waiting list, got a
    call in the middle of the night asking: 'We have an unexpected baby boy;
    do you want him?' They said: 'Of course.' My biological mother later
    found out that my mother had never graduated from college and that my
    father had never graduated from high school. She refused to sign the
    final adoption papers. She only relented a few months later when my
    parents promised that I would someday go to college.

And 17 years later I did go to college. But I naively chose a college
    that was almost as expensive as Stanford, and all of my working-class
    parents' savings were being spent on my college tuition.

After six months, I couldn't see the value in it. I had no idea what I
    wanted to do with my life and no idea how college was going to help me
    figure it out. And here I was spending all of the money my parents had
    saved their entire life. So I decided to drop out and trust that it
    would all work out OK. It was pretty scary at the time, but looking back
    it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The minute I dropped out I
    could stop taking the required classes that didn't interest me, and
    begin dropping in on the ones that looked interesting.

It wasn't all romantic. I didn't have a dorm room, so I slept on the
    floor in friends' rooms, I returned coke bottles for the 5¢ deposits to
    buy food with, and I would walk the 7 miles across town every Sunday
    night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple. I loved
    it. And much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and
    intuition turned out to be priceless later on. Let me give you one example:

Reed College at that time offered perhaps the best calligraphy
    instruction in the country. Throughout the campus every poster, every
    label on every drawer, was beautifully hand calligraphed.

Because I had dropped out and didn't have to take the normal classes, I
    decided to take a calligraphy class to learn how to do this. I learned
    about serif and san serif typefaces, about varying the amount of space
    between different letter combinations, about what makes great typography
    great. It was beautiful, historical, artistically subtle in a way that
    science can't capture, and I found it fascinating.

None of this had even a hope of any practical application in my life.
    But ten years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh
    computer, it all came back to me. And we designed it all into the Mac.
    It was the first computer with beautiful typography. If I had never
    dropped in on that single course in college, the Mac would have never
    had multiple typefaces or proportionally spaced fonts. And since Windows
    just copied the Mac, it's likely that no personal computer would have them.

If I had never dropped out, I would have never dropped in on this
    calligraphy class, and personal computers might not have the wonderful
    typography that they do. Of course it was impossible to connect the dots
    looking forward when I was in college. But it was very, very clear
    looking backwards ten years later.

Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect
    them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow
    connect in your future. You have to trust in something--your gut,
    destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and
    it has made all the difference in my life.

My Second Story is About Love and Loss.

I was lucky--I found what I loved to do early in life. Woz and I started
    Apple in my parents' garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10
    years Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a $2
    billion company with over 4000 employees. We had just released our
    finest creation--the Macintosh--a year earlier, and I had just turned 30.

And then I got fired.

How can you get fired from a company you started? Well, as Apple grew we
    hired someone who I thought was very talented to run the company with
    me, and for the first year or so things went well. But then our visions
    of the future began to diverge and eventually we had a falling out. When
    we did, our Board of Directors sided with him. So at 30 I was out. And
    very publicly out. What had been the focus of my entire adult life was
    gone, and it was devastating.

I really didn't know what to do for a few months. I felt that I had let
    the previous generation of entrepreneurs down--that I had dropped the
    baton as it was being passed to me.

I met with David Packard and Bob Noyce and tried to apologize for
    screwing up so badly. I was a very public failure, and I even thought
    about running away from the valley. But something slowly began to dawn
    on me--I still loved what I did. The turn of events at Apple had not
    changed that one bit. I had been rejected, but I was still in love. And
    so I decided to start over.

Fired From Apple

I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple
    was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of
    being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner
    again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most
    creative periods of my life.

During the next five years, I started a company named NeXT, another
    company named Pixar, and fell in love with an amazing woman who would
    become my wife. Pixar went on to create the world's first computer
    animated feature film, Toy Story, and is now the most successful
    animation studio in the world. In a remarkable turn of events, Apple
    bought NeXT, I returned to Apple, and the technology we developed at
    NeXT is at the heart of Apple's current renaissance. And Laurene and I
    have a wonderful family together.

I'm pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn't been fired
    from Apple. It was awful-tasting medicine, but I guess the patient
    needed it.

Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm
    convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I
    did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work
    as it is for your lovers.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way
    to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the
    only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found
    it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart,
    you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just
    gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you
    find it. Don't settle.

My Third Story is About Death.

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: 'If you live
    each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right.'

It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I
    have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were
    the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do
    today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a
    row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever
    encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost
    everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of
    embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of
    death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are
    going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you
    have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to
    follow your heart.

Diagnosed With Cancer

About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer.

I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning, and it clearly showed a tumor on my
    pancreas. I didn't even know what a pancreas was. The doctors told me
    this was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, and that I
    should expect to live no longer than three to six months.

My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is
    doctor's code for prepare to die. It means to try to tell your kids
    everything you thought you'd have the next 10 years to tell them in just
    a few months. It means to make sure everything is buttoned up so that it
    will be as easy as possible for your family. It means to say your goodbyes.

I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that evening I had a biopsy,
    where they stuck an endoscope down my throat, through my stomach and
    into my intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells
    from the tumor. I was sedated, but my wife, who was there, told me that
    when they viewed the cells under a microscope the doctors started crying
    because it turned out to be a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that
    is curable with surgery.

I had the surgery and I'm fine now.

This was the closest I've been to facing death, and I hope it's the
    closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now
    say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful
    but purely intellectual concept:

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to
    die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one
    has ever escaped it.

And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single
    best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old
    to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too
    long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away.
    Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.
    Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other
    people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out
    your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow
    your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want
    to become. Everything else is secondary.

When I was young, there was an amazing publication called The Whole
    Earth Catalog, which was one of the bibles of my generation. It was
    created by a fellow named Stewart Brand not far from here in Menlo Park,
    and he brought it to life with his poetic touch.

This was in the late 1960s, before personal computers and desktop
    publishing, so it was all made with typewriters, scissors, and Polaroid
    cameras. It was sort of like Google in paperback form, 35 years before
    Google came along: it was idealistic, and overflowing with neat tools
    and great notions.

Stewart and his team put out several issues of The Whole Earth Catalog,
    and then when it had run its course, they put out a final issue.

It was the mid-1970s, and I was your age. On the back cover of their
    final issue was a photograph of an early morning country road, the kind
    you might find yourself hitchhiking on if you were so adventurous.
    Beneath it were the words: 'Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.' It was their
    farewell message as they signed off. Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. And I
    have always wished that for myself. And now, as you graduate to begin
    anew, I wish that for you.

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

Thank you all very much."

The Stanford (University) Report June 14, 2005
    Seems to just follow what he finds interesting. That video on creating, that you don't have to be really smart to create things of value, sounds pretty Ne valuing. He talks about the calligraphy and his fascination for it. That talk about death sounds like his way of saying that he wants to do interesting things with his life and create. He also doesn't seem to be very agreeable based on some stuff I've heard about his life, such as having creative differences with anyone that doesn't see his vision for things (he got fired from Apple for it) and in the over-arching theme that was portrayed in his Hollywood movie, where he's a pretty big asshole to everybody around him, including his family. The movie portrayal gave me an Fi-PoLR vibe. But he reminds me a lot of an ILE I came to know through proximity of being an IEE's friend. The ILE moved on to writing software for a psychology department and the IEE opened a photography business.

Quote Originally Posted by gobearcats View Post
    It's really interesting that calligraphy and the beauty that he saw in it became an inspiration for the aesthetics that Apple later employed in their products. I think that's kind of what he's talking about here when he puts down Microsoft for their designs. It's almost like he's putting down Bill Gates for having shitty Si.

IMO, I think he was pretty ILE.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was an EIE-Fe. They can have good Ti and Si.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 01-28-2023 at 09:52 AM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILE gets my vote
    “There are demons in my closet that I don’t want to let out” Steve Jobs ; ****** all the same type. Fe storms were apparent when he had meetings with people
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way he's EIE because he's so obviously TeFi (serious in Reinin dichotomy). Gulenko mistyped him.

He's IEE because:
    - branding/marketing genius: turning sales into revolutionary NeFi moral beliefs for the public ("buy this computer and you are a rebel")
    - driven to be successful, well read and understand how the world works from an early age (Te activating)
    - very good at simplifying facts to make them extremely easily understood by the public to support his argument (Te activating), no qualms about omitting the facts supporting opposing Fi arguments (Ti Polr)
    - perfectionist idealist (N leading) with ideals that are shaped and received very well by the public (Ne)
    - always assigning new experiments for others to do. No new idea is wrong until he says it's wrong ("liberating" for Tim Cook)
    - match made in heaven with Tim Cook (SLI)
    Last edited by Vis; 02-08-2022 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE...

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroverted. Feeling type. There's a little bit of Extroverted Intuition but it's held back from Extroverted Feeling, so I would say EIE, probably of the Creative subtype.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    I think Steve Wozniak is an LII... I wonder if Jonathan Ive is an IEI.

What Ive said about Jobs:
    Steve Wozniak is probably LIE. Prototyping, finances, and startups are LIE values and his Wikipedia page outright states that he was the one who actually started Apple. Jobs was just some hacker that a high school buddy introduced to Steve Wozniack. Steve Jobs was IEI. Wozniak and Jobs had a similar frenemy relationship Antonio Salieri and Mozart had.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HolyKnowing View Post
    Steve Wozniak is probably LIE. Prototyping, finances, and startups are LIE values and his Wikipedia page outright states that he was the one who actually started Apple. Jobs was just some hacker that a high school buddy introduced to Steve Wozniack. Steve Jobs was IEI. Wozniak and Jobs had a similar frenemy relationship Antonio Salieri and Mozart had.

This is a legend that has being introduced by Peter Shaffer and his play "Amadeus". The eponymous Miloš Forman's movie contributed greatly to the spread of that legend in the public opinion.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post

This is a legend that has being introduced by Peter Shaffer and his play "Amadeus". The eponymous Miloš Forman's movie contributed greatly to the spread of that legend in the public opinion.
    Yup, it's folklore. But the literal truth of folklore never counts. What counts is that it sounded true enough for common folk to keep repeating it.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HolyKnowing View Post
    Yup, it's folklore. But the literal truth of folklore never counts. What counts is that it sounded true enough for common folk to keep repeating it.
    What you just said triggered my curiosity about the difference between Folklore and Legend...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast