Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Recipe sharing thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    On Victory Day (9 May) of USSR I cooked stars cookies too. They were with shredded walnuts and almonds. On one cookie I've drawn sickle and hammer.
    Ok, so someone out there got a surprise - like the coins that are hidden in Christmas pudding for luck.

When I bake a pie from scratch, I will stab a secret message into the pastry lid with a fork. That is the height of my creativity when I do not have a special event to motivate me :-)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Ok, so someone out there got a surprise - like the coins that are hidden in Christmas pudding for luck.
    "Red Army star" was on the top of the pile as a decoration.
    Those coins can be supposed to be gifted to dentist's collection.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple mango summer recipes:

Ingredients: mango, coconut milk, tapioca pearls

1. Peel and cut 5-10 ripe mangos
    2. Blend
    3. Add coconut milk until creamy, blend
    4. Prepare tapioca pearls according to instructions, add to mixture
    5. Serve cold

Something even simpler that requires no tapioca pearls is making a pseudo-mango lassi. I call it pseudo because I'm not Indian and I probably don't make it the proper way.
    Just blend a bunch of ripe mangos together, then add whatever quantity of yogurt and milk that suits you. You can add spices like cinnamon. Serve cold. Very sweet and refreshing!

I mangos. My favorite is the type with purely yellow/orange skin.

----------
    This is a great, simple zucchini pancake recipe: https://thewoksoflife.com/chinese-zucchini-pancakes/

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chocolatte I love mangos too lol

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    @chocolatte I love mangos too lol
    After I buy mangos, I call them man-gones because of how quickly they'll disappear

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    how to make a tuna toast: take 2 slices of bread, open a tuna can, put the tuna on one slice of bread and cover with the other slice. (variation: add salad)

bon apetit!

An ironic post, but on a serious note: TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

Get good bread (I like a nice Nordic style rye, but choose your preference. Support your local bakery).

Toast your bread in a pan. Toasting just one side is quite nice. You get the flavour and texture of toast, combined with the beautiful texture of (if you're doing it right) fresh bread. Use a good fat in the pan. If you have leftover bacon fat: delicious with tuna. Or consider butter, good olive oil, peanut oil, etc. Subtle flavour enhancement.

Tuna + mayo + acid + flavour + salt. Get good canned tuna (wait for it to come on sale). Add a spoon of mayo. Choose something acidic (pickles/pickle brine, lemon, lime, vinegar, etc. Pick one or two and consider it in conjunction with other choices). Flavour: pickles of various sorts? Onions? Sauces? Other vegetables? You don't have to know anything, just pick things vaguely on a theme.

Asian: soy sauce, peanuts, lime and/or rice wine vinegar, cucumbers, cilantro.

Classic: mustard, capers, dill, lemon.

Personal fave: toast in pork fat, sherry vin and/or lemon, calabrian chili peppers, parsley, shallots.

I like open faced tuna sandwiches, but you do you.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are looking for a good chicken dipping sauce, this is the one I have been using lately:

(Hellman's) Mayo, paprika, a splash of lime juice, salt, pepper. Other then the lime juice, adjust spice and mayo levels to your liking. Shit is addictive and I love eating it with fried and grilled chicken. It would be delicious for chicken salad and chicken burgers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    If you are looking for a good chicken dipping sauce, this is the one I have been using lately:

(Hellman's) Mayo, paprika, a splash of lime juice, salt, pepper. Other then the lime juice, adjust spice and mayo levels to your liking. Shit is addictive and I love eating it with fried and grilled chicken. It would be delicious for chicken salad and chicken burgers as well.
    Will try it with lemon instead of lime, thanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Cheese buns
    (~ 10 pcs)

ingredients:
    Flour - 90 g (~200 ml)
    Milk butter 82% - 100 g
    Semihard cheese - 120 g
    Eggs - 2 pcs
    Water - 200 ml
    Salt - ~0.5 tea spoon

Grate the cheese.
    Put water + butter + salt in a saucepan, and on small fire bring to a boiling. Add flour and stir (by wooden or silicone spatula) until uniformity for ~2 min. Remove from the fire and cool for 5 min, with stirring it. Add eggs by 1, with stirring after each. Add 60 g cheese and stir it. Cover the dough by a cling film without gaps, so was no air near it, and put it in a refrigerator for 30 min. Preheat an oven to 180 °C / 356°F for ~15 min. Put baking paper on a baking sheet, place the dough by ~1 table spoon per a bun. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on tops of the buns. Place this in the oven for 30 min. Then cool in a slightly opened oven for ~20 min.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Does it really have to be that cheese?
    Any of semihard/hard/mediumhard kind of cheese with _sour-salty_ taste which you like should fit. Telsit is an example of semihard cheese which is widely available. Other kinds of cheese may give other result.

> Also is that your own pic so that's really how that looks like

If you'll follow the recipe above what you'll get should be close. The picture is from a video. The host is SEE. He used cheese Gouda. I used one of locally sold semihard cheeses which is close to Telsit.
    Also he uses 150 ml of water + 50 ml of milk cream 33%, 10 g lesser of butter. There is not much sense in milk cream as butter has similar milk oil, so the cream is replaced by additional water + butter. I tried both variants and the taste was similar. It's important to use good quality butter - you should like its taste.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raspberry thumbprint cookies

1/3 cup plain wheat flour
    1 + 1/4 cup almond meal
    1/4 cup whole flax seed; or pre-ground, if you don't have a spice/coffee grinder
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup raw unsalted peanut butter (ideally a runny/oily consistency)
    1/4 cup honey
    1/4 cup (approximately) raspberry conserve or jam

- Preheat the oven to Bake at 180C/350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.

- Take your 1/4 cup of jam out of the fridge to bring it to room temperature.

- Grind flaxseed (or take your pre-ground flaxseed) and place it in a mixing-sized bowl. Add in the wheat flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt.
    - In a separate bowl, stir together the runny/oily peanut butter and the honey. If your peanut butter is on the firm side, you can add up to 2 tablespoons of milk or water to the bowl.

- Using a spatula, scrape the peanut butter-honey mixture into the mixing bowl of dry ingredients. Combine until the flour is incorporated.

You can now use a large tablespoon to create uniform balls of cookie dough of 2cm diameter; the mixture should be of a slightly sticky texture, but still able to "roll" between your hands.
    From memory I made about 15 balls, which I placed onto my baking tray.

The best part is to now make an indent in the top of each cookie and then put a 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam inside the dent.
    Because they're thumbprint cookies I believe you are supposed to use a thumb, but it is not compulsory.

- Bake the jam-filled cookies in the oven for 10 minutes and allow them to cool through before trying them.

Mine were inside the oven for 15 minutes as you can see

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to make these but I haven't yet, I will return with pics once I do.

https://sweetestkitchen.com/2016/05/...spresso-glaze/
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reverse Seared Steak

It's what's for dinner tonight. I am going extreme low carb so this is a treat maybe weekly now, as a reward for my effort, because, getting startedis half the battle. Ribeye is in the oven now with remote thermometer. Here is the receipe from Serious eats, but you can find "Reverse Seared Steak" googling anywhere. This one says:

"The reverse sear is one of the easiest, most consistent, most foolproof, and arguably best methods of cooking a steak. Start it in a low oven, then quickly sear it in a hot pan or on the grill for a beautiful crust."

I will give a report. But I am fully expecvting delicious.

__

Report: This was delicious. Ribeye is expensive so I don't know about every week. Maybe every other. At least once a month! When I get it, this is the way to go. The entire cut was medium rare, no brown, except the nicely browned outside. Being ribeye it, cut like butter. Just perfect.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 01-20-2022 at 01:37 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerouslandsvape View Post
    An ironic post, but on a serious note: TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

Get good bread (I like a nice Nordic style rye, but choose your preference. Support your local bakery).

Toast your bread in a pan. Toasting just one side is quite nice. You get the flavour and texture of toast, combined with the beautiful texture of (if you're doing it right) fresh bread. Use a good fat in the pan. If you have leftover bacon fat: delicious with tuna. Or consider butter, good olive oil, peanut oil, etc. Subtle flavour enhancement.

Tuna + mayo + acid + flavour + salt. Get good canned tuna (wait for it to come on sale). Add a spoon of mayo. Choose something acidic (pickles/pickle brine, lemon, lime, vinegar, etc. Pick one or two and consider it in conjunction with other choices). Flavour: pickles of various sorts? Onions? Sauces? Other vegetables? You don't have to know anything, just pick things vaguely on a theme.

Asian: soy sauce, peanuts, lime and/or rice wine vinegar, cucumbers, cilantro.

Classic: mustard, capers, dill, lemon.

Personal fave: toast in pork fat, sherry vin and/or lemon, calabrian chili peppers, parsley, shallots.

I like open faced tuna sandwiches, but you do you.
    Are you in Scandanavia? When I as in Denmark, long ago, open-faced sandwhiches was the thing. Very well done, too.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is a recipe I recently came across and want to try out soon.

Not a huge eggplant fan, but it might work well in this context. I'll just add more potatoes.
    Last edited by Park; 01-20-2022 at 01:11 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Are you in Scandanavia? When I as in Denmark, long ago, open-faced sandwhiches was the thing. Very well done, too.
    It's called smorrebrod (butter-bread). And it's more of a tradition than a thing.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made "Eggs in Purgatory" today. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/eggs-in-purgatory

Ingredients

4 servings
    ¼
    cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
    garlic cloves, smashed
    Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
    ½
    teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    ounces cherry tomatoes
    bunch Swiss chard, preferably rainbow
    large eggs
    thin slices country-style bread
    lemon
    Flaky sea salt or kosher salt
    Handful of basil leaves

Preparation

Step 1

Heat ¼ cup oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. When it just starts to shimmer, add garlic and season generously with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is just turning golden around the edges, about 2 minutes. Stir in red pepper flakes, then add tomatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, until tomatoes look plumped and some of the skins start to split, about 2 minutes.

Step 2

Reduce heat to medium. Cover pan and cook, stirring tomatoes every couple of minutes and lightly smashing them with a wooden spoon to encourage them to release some juices, until mixture is saucy and tomatoes are slightly deflated but still hold some shape, 5–7 minutes.

Step 3

Meanwhile, strip leaves off Swiss chard stems and tear into bite-sized pieces (or bigger, your call). Reserve stems for your next sauté. Transfer leaves to a medium bowl.

Step 4

Reduce heat under tomatoes to medium-low (sauce should be bubbling gently). Carefully crack eggs into a large measuring glass, then slip one at a time into tomato mixture, spacing them evenly apart around perimeter of pan. Season eggs with salt and pepper, cover pan, and cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 4–6 minutes.

Step 5

While eggs are cooking, toast bread until crisp. Drizzle with oil, then firmly rub outside of lemon onto toasts to release aromatic oils from peel (you’ll smell it!). Sprinkle toasts with sea salt.

Step 6

Squeeze about 2 Tbsp. lemon juice over greens, then toss in basil. Drizzle some oil over and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Toss again to combine.

Step 7

Scoop an egg out of pan, spooning it up from underneath to keep the yolk intact, and transfer to a small shallow bowl. Spoon extra sauce around egg and sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat with remaining eggs. Serve with salad and toasts alongside.

Step 8

Do Ahead: Tomato mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Let cool; cover and chill. Reheat over medium until simmering before adding eggs.

I didn't do everything in this recipe and frankly, it seems a little excessive. I also added habaneros to it and made it extra spicy.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Reminds me of Shakshuka. My favorite egg dish is probably Cilbir, the Turkish way. It's relatively easy to make but it adds so much flavor to the eggs.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made myself some poached eggs with asparagus today, inspired by https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...-egg-on-toast/.

eggs_20220307.png

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Rye bread toasts with garlic

ingredients:
    rye bread [the common here is with 60% rye + 40% wheat] ~300 g
    sunflower oil ~100 g
    garlic ~2 parts
    salt

Cut the bread to ~1.5 cm thick pieces.
    Pour the oil to a dish. Place a bread's piece to the dish by one and then by other side. Salt a little every side of the piece.
    Do the same with other pieces.
    Heat frying pan. Place several pieces to fit on it. Keep on a fire the peices on every side for 2-3 min, so those became fried. Do the same with other pieces.
    Let pieces to become colder for 5 min. Rub every side of them by a garlic's part.

-

The recipe is useful for rye bread which is close to become outdated and dried up, so to do not throw it. Can be matched with soups, coffee.

Kefir with cucumbers

cucumbers (without the peel) - 350 g
    kefir 3% - 900 g
    salt - 1 tea spoon

Remove the peel from cucumbers.
    Grind cucumbers, add kefir, salt and mix.
    Last edited by Sol; 08-24-2023 at 10:20 PM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Green Chilli Egg Puff

.................................................. ......................

Not my picture, but the above image looks like a small version of this favorite recipe of mine, which my husband and I just made just made and cleaned up the kitchen after. We made a double recipe, in two 9x13 pans, so, 20 eggs, for our church gathering tomorrow, which we cut into squares served in a chafing dish over a bunsen burner, (which we will haul with us there). I love this recipe. Next week I will make a batch for us so we can keep reheatable squares in the freezer. It's easy, it's low cost, and I always get asked for the recipe when I serve it!

Recipe:

Ingredients:
    10 large eggs
    1 stick butter, melted
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour (can substitute same amount of almond flour or coconut flour)
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    4 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (it's good with the original recipe's call for Monterey Jack, but we to make it with Pepper Jack)
    2 cups 4% cottage cheese
    1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles

Directions:
    In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Slowly pour in butter. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the cheeses and chiles.
    Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Tips: -
    -Be sure to beat the eggs on high speed for 3-4 minutes. It makes the texture.
    -I always shred my own cheese from a block, using a Food Processor
    -For a double recipe, I use 3 cans of chilis. I have not yet tried it with two cans for a single recipe.
    -I make a "parchment sling" in the pan, greased with butter, to make it super-easy to lift out and pre-slice before serving

In the days before I married my (Dual) husband, in a different marriage, with a verbally abusive Narcissist, I did every bit of all of the shopping and putting away, every bit of cooking and prepping, serving, dishes, and clean up (even for large gatherings) all by myself (also all the shopping, all the laundry, all the cleaning - etc.!). Every and all home things, from start to finish. He got real ugly when I asked for help, so I learned not to, even though, like a typical narcissist, he would drop everything and run to help a neighbor who looked like he needed help. How different those days were! But now my husband and I cook or bake together, with him more as sous chef usually, and he works alongside me until every last thing is cleaned up and put away, and we both sit down and happily have a break. I am so much less stressed than in those other days, and I get more done. It's the best. .

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on finding peace. I was just watching this video published by a narcissist diagnosed NPD. ^

The lethal love dynamic is the love thoughts toward a partner vanish in a flash and the host carrier no longer can love you, but have thoughts of anti- love in a quick Frankenstein genesis.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    Congrats on finding peace. I was just watching this video published by a narcissist diagnosed NPD.

The lethal love dynamic is the love thoughts toward a partner vanish in a flash and the host carrier no longer can love you, but have thoughts of anti- love in a quick Frankenstein genesis... [video]
    Thanks. I am interested if you were just finding out what narcissism is, having heard of it much perhaps, or if you had a personal reason for researching? Probably if you want to discuss we should start a Narcissism thread in an appropriate spot, or add to one already established. (I have brief comments on this video you posted, if you want.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Thanks. I am interested if you were just finding out what narcissism is, having heard of it much perhaps, or if you had a personal reason for researching? Probably if you want to discuss we should start a Narcissism thread in an appropriate spot, or add to one already established. (I have brief comments on this video you posted, if you want.)
    Funny i never got a quote notification, but yes, sort of, i believe trump was one with attacking anyone who criticized him, one second you're a lout, another second a saint dynamic.

I know of ASPD IRL and that overt example of Trump i believe, but i was surprised to see how easy it is be around it, and be trapped into it, as in the YT video example. My initial guess was that to be trapped, the other party was at least slightly vulnerable to miss the signs. Vulnerable = not full mental heath, could just be abusive background, not disordered.

I researched it for full face evidence to know what's going on. Several years ago i looked and found no actual interviews, but relatively recently there are many.

Being an EP sociotype, is an information gathering drive and experience, so we explore and explore. I also have schizophrenia in close relatives, and some ASPD distantly, so in a way it adds more to my understanding thru expansion.

There's a thread on it, already started, and if you like, shoot there or even here. But don't feel obliged too.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking things at face value is good only for a spell

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had rice with corn and hot sauce plus mini pepper doses.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Shingo View Post
    I just had rice with corn and hot sauce plus mini pepper doses.
    The Lord God gave you food as a gift. You didn't deserve it. It came out of His grace. Remember to say this after you eat: "We give Thee thanks for all Thy benefits, O Almighty God, who livest and reignest world without end. Amen."

Before you eat, remember to say this: "Bless us, O Lord! and these Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ our Lord. Amen."
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cuban picadillo recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 pound ground beef
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
    • 1/3 of an onion, chopped
    • 1/3 green bell pepper, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
    • 1 teaspoon white sugar
    • 8 large pitted green olives, quartered
    • 1/3 cup raisins
    • 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (or to taste)
    • salt to taste (at least 2 teaspoons)
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking)

Directions:

1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic, onion, and green bell pepper in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
    2. Crumble ground beef into the skillet; cook and stir until browned completely, 7 to 10 minutes.
    3. Stir olives, raisins, tomato sauce, cumin, sugar, and salt through the ground beef mixture.
    4. Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook until the mixture is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.

Serve the picadillo with white rice, or use it as a filling for empanadas.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chorizo, Brie, green olives, cucumber and water - best snack/dish combo.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this beautiful coconut rice dish. yeung man cooking is an awesome youtube channel! a go-to for any stir-fries with a congenial, to the point presenter.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sweet and spicy ramen noodles.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lemon loaf recipe

Lemon loaf batter ingredients:

• 1 cup sugar
    • 2 tsp lemon zest
    • 1/2 cup softened butter
    • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
    • 2 eggs (add 1 at a time)
    • 2 tbsp lemon juice
    • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/2 cup milk

Combine ingredients for the batter together in a bowl then pour into a baking pan lined with either parchment paper or lightly coated with oil or cooking spray. Put the batter into oven preheated to 320ºF, for 50-60 minutes. Test to make sure the loaf is fully baked by putting a toothpick into the center of the loaf; if the toothpick comes out clean and dry, the loaf is done baking.

Icing ingredients:

• 1 cup powdered sugar
    • 1 tbsp lemon juice
    • 1 tbsp milk

Mix ingredients for icing together in a bowl. Drizzle icing onto lemon loaf after it has cooled.

The result should be a sort of yellow pound cake with a buttery and slightly lemony flavor, and a light and spongy texture. Enjoy!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy Delish Salmon à la Park

- Buy some wild salmon fillet and a bag of frozen potato wedges.
    - Season everything with salt, pepper, and dill.
    - Lay on baking pan with parchment paper.
    - Slide in oven, bake for 30 mins at 350F/180C.
    - Serve with lemon and pickles.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I even SEI if I don’t like to cook?

Before having a baby it was mostly some variation of salad, rice, meat, and fruit: https://imgur.com/a/dw7N3CN.

Now we are surviving on frozen food and take-out ツ

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    That seems normal and reasonable.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my pressure cooker. I use it for lots of meat-based dishes.

My favorite pork chop recipe:

2-4 thick pork chops
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1/2 cup flour (can be GF, but make sure it has some starch)
    2 onions, thinly sliced
    1 cup broth or water
    2 tbs sour cream or plain yogurt

Mix the salt, pepper, and flour, then coat each side of the pork chops with the mixture.

Using a pan or the pressure cooker set to "saute" plus some cooking oil/fat, fry the pork chops on each side until crispy.

Set the pork chops aside and cook the onions in the same pan until soft and browning.

If you're using the pressure cooker, put the broth in and deglaze any of the crusty bits, then add the pork chops. Otherwise, add the broth, onions, and pork chops to the pressure cooker.

Cook under high pressure for 10 minutes + 10 minutes of natural release

Take the pork chops out and mix the sour cream or yogurt into the sauce. Serve the chops with the sauce.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart;[URL="tel:1577635"
    1577635[/URL]]Am I even SEI if I don’t like to cook?

Before having a baby it was mostly some variation of salad, rice, meat, and fruit: https://imgur.com/a/dw7N3CN.

ESI?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pumpkin spice syrup:

1 cup water
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1 small jar of pumpkin baby food (1/4 cup)
    1 tbsp pumpkin spice
    A little vanilla extract

Bring to a boil and then simmer until it thickens into a syrup (about 10 mins). Store in jar and keep in refrigerator.

The final product https://imgur.com/a/KDEewJH

Now you can make pumpkin spice coffee drinks at home and avoid spending $6/drink at Starbucks!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Baked chicken with prunes

Chicken - 1/2 of a body 1.5-2 kg
    Prunes - 100 g
    Lemon - 1/2 pcs
    Garlic - 1 pcs
    Mayonnaise 67% - 100 g [alternatively: butter 82% 100 g + lemon juice 1 tbsp + salt]
    Baking foil (recommend 14 micron, 42 cm)
    Baking tray ~30x22 cm

For 2 portions 1/2 of a body is enough. The chicken can also be baked as whole, with increasing the prunes to 200 g, mayonnaise to 200 g.
    Cut off the chicken's tail. Then split the body lengthwise on 2 parts by a serrated knife (10 cm). Wash chicken's half for now cooking, while other half place in a freezer.
    Turn on the oven to preheat on 200-210 C / 400 F.
    Wash the prunes, remove pits, cut them.
    1/2 of the garlic head squeeze by garlic press, mix it with the mayonnaise. Other 1/2 of the garlic cut on small pieces by a knife.
    Cut the lemon into slices.
    Place on a baking tray the foil to be able wrap the chicken from the bottom (you can also use 2nd foil piece to cover additionally from the top). Place on the foil prunes, lemon and cuted garlic.
    Cover all chicken's surface inside and outside by mayonnaise mix. Place the chicken's half by inner side on the foil, gather the filling to be under it. Close edges of the foil on the top.
    Place the tray into the oven for 60 min at 200-210 C / 400 F.
    Then take it out, cut the top of the foil lengthwise by common knife and bend aside foil's edges. Place for another 30 min. [On last 15 mins you may arise the temperature to 250 C / 480 F.]
    After the baking, let the chicken to cool for 30 min. Baked prunes are used as salad addition.

@pixie dreams
    Last edited by Sol; 10-26-2023 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Baked chicken with prunes

Chicken - 1/2 of a body 1.5-2 kg
    Prunes - 100 g
    Lemon - 1/2 pcs
    Garlic - 1 pcs
    Mayonnaise 67% - 100-200 g [alternatively: butter 82% 100 g + lemon juice 1 tbsp + salt]
    Baking foil (recommend 14 micron, 42 cm)
    Baking tray ~30x22 cm

For 2 portions 1/2 of a body is enough. The chicken can also be baked as whole, with increasing the prunes to 200 g, mayonnaise to 200 g.
    Cut off the chicken's tail. Then split the body lengthwise on 2 parts by a serrated knife (10 cm). Wash chicken's half for now cooking, while other half place in a freezer.
    Turn on the oven to preheat on 200-210 C / 400 F.
    Wash the prunes, remove pits, cut them.
    1/2 of the garlic head squeeze by garlic press, mix it with the mayonnaise. Other 1/2 of the garlic cut on small pieces by a knife.
    Cut the lemon into slices.
    Place on a baking tray the foil to be able wrap the chicken from the bottom (you can also use 2nd foil piece to cover additionally from the top). Place on the foil prunes, lemon and cuted garlic.
    Cover all chicken's surface inside and outside by mayonnaise mix. Place the chicken's half by inner side on the foil, gather the filling to be under it. Close edges of the foil on the top.
    Place the tray into the oven for 60 min at 200-210 C / 400 F.
    Then take it out, cut the top of the foil lengthwise by common knife and bend aside foil's edges. Place for another 30 min. [On last 15 mins you may arise the temperature to 300 C / 570 F.]
    After the baking, let the chicken to cool for 30 min. Baked prunes are used as salad addition.

@pixie dreams
    I guess I don't like how the flavor and texture of the prunes and chicken would clash together. It'll make it too sweet imo but I guess it's cultural differences. Chicken is usually spicy here, battered and fried if not grilled with barbecue sauce or some other seasoning.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast