Thread: The Conflictor Thread

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Conflictor Thread

This is a thread for mediating conflictor relationships. If you are looking for conflict, come here. This is partially to test whether conflictor relations are a thing, and partially an attempt to mediate conflicts that come up using the other part of socionics. I assume that with the variety of people who come on the site, we can mediate better.

ILL (INTj) - SEE (ESFp)
    ILI (INTp) - ESE (ESFj)
    IEI (INFp) - LSE (ESTj)
    EII (INFj) - SLE (ESTp)
    SLI (ISTp) - EIE (ENFj)
    SEI (ISFp) - LIE (ENTj)
    LSI (ISTj) - IEE (ENFp)
    ESI (ISFj) - ILE (ENTp)

Feel free to post whatever you feel would contribute to the discussion conflict. In the case that this becomes very one sided, feel free to start a new thread, just call it the second conflictor thread.

This thread is is not limited by type, if you want to limit the types, feel free to start a new thread.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why in this subforum, why not somewhere more conflict-y like the beta quadra?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Because Delta has conflicts, too. Not actual conflicts but grudges.

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My felow SLE, Power is not free. We say that power is "of utility".

Hence you should serve in the military.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I take offense to that, we Betas argue very agreeably with each other

----

I'm not in regular contact with any LSE's that I know of, but I am familiar with Te lead types through my LIE father. I've learned to stop trying to impress him with anything related to Te because he usually sees it as a request for a correction. I work best with Te-leads when I stop trying to get a reaction out of them.

FYI THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH LSE: "What do you think about this? No, I mean, how does it engage you? What's the impression you're getting from this? Tell me more! I think this situation feels a lot like X, don't you agree? Isn't that the vibe you're getting? What do you think? How do you feel?... Okay man, at least TRY to look interested in what I'm saying."

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was more about the actual conflictor relationship, which is not confined in one quadra.

EDIT: I think it will be more likely to find conflictor relationships in dual threads, due to the similarity of duals and conflictor. Not sure.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-21-2017 at 02:44 AM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

me S P A C E themOK, just seeing person taking everything twisted literally or going over the head is just... maybe I can handle it. Good. Mediated.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To LSI: Let me break the rules, it'll likely result in something that advances things.

Retired master of mistype and confusion DeleteMeModsPls's Avatar
    TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To LSE: check yourself before you wreck yourself (eg. your health due to being workaholic)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneser View Post
    To LSE: check yourself before you wreck yourself (eg. your health due to being workaholic)
    lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE yes cook me those and those and those and those too
    @Ananke

I wonder what my dual would do in this case. Maybe LSE would be way more upset (raging) or maybe they would not bother IDK LSE is not into explaining, teaching and being patient so maybe they would just not put up with amateurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMEXlXcGIlM
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-24-2017 at 05:25 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though below is not a socionics conflictor, to all intents and purposes i consider it a relationship of conflict, maybe differences in life goals make it such, or:

I've discovered I absolutely cannot work with SLI. There have now been 3 occasions where i've quit, for different reasons, though a certain degree of unmistakable differences emerged. I've heard after I'd left - though not to my face - evaluated as "absolutely brilliant", in the words of these people, but it made no difference and i can't say i'd had any regrets after i'd left.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    What do you think about this?
    I like the idea behind this thread, but don't think conflict can be expected to happen on cue.

No, I mean, how does it engage you?
    Like this, I guess.

What's the impression you're getting from this?
    That it's not being used for its intended purpose.

Tell me more!
    Conflictors...aren't...conflicting here?

I think this situation feels a lot like X, don't you agree?
    Yeah. Like X. Totally.

Isn't that the vibe you're getting?
    Honestly, no.

What do you think?
    I think the shape of an X could be used for some relevant analogy, but am not sure what.

How do you feel?
    A mite peckish.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The other side of things: My conflictors are very reasonable people on a level of comprehending dynamics of all kind, their analyses are supreme. As I always say to hacim's Ti, I understand nothing but it seems good Putin is a good example, he knows his stuff. 6w5 ftw

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I communicate well with my conflicting SEE so it does become apparent quite quickly that we're usually metaphorically heading in opposite directions with respect to our goals, priorities and methods. I've never had an intimate relationship with an SEE because I think that we both recognize our differences right from hello. Although I wouldn't say conflicting was the worst relationship, I do seem to be able to cut them deeply without being deliberate or even aware. The ones I've met usually think I'm cold and calculating, and I think them rather myopic and flippant. However, we've been civil and seem to understand each other's position quite well so working on the same project is very doable. Now, cohabitating on an equal footing may be a different kettle of fish but I think that two mature individuals could even make that work but I envisage boundary lines in the air and on the floor......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I like the idea behind this thread, but don't think conflict can be expected to happen on cue.
    Yeah, I guess not. I was mostly just going for a joke there by trying to ramp up my natural Ni-Fe tendencies as much as possible.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

uh apparently ILEs are my conflictors but I have a weird hard-on for them. my typology friends often joke that I can smell one from a mile away. we almost immediately hit it off, but I don't know if that's because they're freakishly charming and everyone gets along with them, or because we're... not conflictors. I've experienced conflict with ILEs in the past as well, but, again, how does one decipher between a regular conflict and a conflictor conflict? I will say though, that when they feel they've been slighted, they remind me of emotionally underdeveloped nut-balls with serious anger issues. in those circumstances, reasoning with them is futile. it's much like pulling teeth.

I once dated an ILE who could summarize the most complex of theories in 2-3 sentences. I'm still in awe thinking about it. not many people liked him, as he was extremely cunning and manipulative, but not even they could help admiring him. I hope he stops being a lazy piece of shit someday. I've never had a higher opinion of another person, as I did him. there was so much untapped potential in that guy.

uh I mean, fuck ILEs. gross
    Last edited by wasp; 03-15-2017 at 12:28 PM.