User Tag List

Thread: Intro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Intro

Hello! I am new to this forum, but I have been interested in MBTI ~8 years, but I'm newer to the enneagram. I'd heard of the enneagram earlier, but I didn't pay as much attention given that I had a harder time being typed. This is probably because I was still developing into young adulthood. My MBTI type is INFP, and I'm pretty sure I'm a 9w1 (wasn't sure if I was 6w5/5w6 for a while). My triad has gotten mixed results, lately it's been tied between 972 and 952, so I'd guess 962?

I'm trying to find my instinctual subtype, but it's been kind of a pain--I can relate to all of them. I know it's a stacking, but I have a hard time discerning what I prioritize. I have tied for all 3 or I get mixed results. My analysis of how I relate to the types so far:

sp/sx: Definitely have been reluctant to go out most of my life. I'm known for wearing sweats at home or around family unless I have to look formal. I generally prefer casual or business casual in academic or professional settings. I avoid large social gatherings, but if I do go, I will look for my close friends to hang out with or I will sit and stare at the dance floor waiting until I can leave. Lately, though, I've craved more interaction (much to my own surprise) but I suppose there's nothing like a pandemic to make you miss people for once.
    sx/sp: I usually type as sx/sp or so/sp on enneagram tests. I think the distinction I've read between sx/sp and sp/sx is that sp/sx is more likely to assert their desires (even if quietly). With the social gathering scenario, sp/sx is more likely to decline going to an event if they know they do not get along with some guests, whereas sx/sp is more likely to suck it up and go if the event regardless of whether they don't get along with everyone if the event is important to someone they care about. I relate to both of these, although there aren't many people I don't get along with, so I don't have many of these sx/sp instances. The events I have declined to go to have been because I didn't feel like going (esp if I had no one to answer to), or out of respect for loved ones who have not gotten along with guests at an event (I do not want any of my feuding family members to think I am picking sides--I usually just act like I didn't receive the message or say that I am busy with school and work. Admittedly, I do not like being around half my extended family, but I have never actually voiced it to them--it'd just be putting a target on myself and I just don't have the time or energy to reason with people who don't want peace. I really just want to focus on myself and my relationship with my loved ones (immediate fam) to work on building a better life for us. I can not stand the fact that my older family members look for conflict with each other. I'd much rather they found a way to genuinely get along or simply left me out of it). I've actually been stressed with school lately, and I think I might be using SX in an unhealthy way. It's been harder to focus on my goals in the pandemic. I need a distraction. Maybe that's not the best as a 9, but losing passion for what I am studying is probably worse. I don't need a wide social circle, but I've been longing to have one rly good friend just to hang out with. I don't really care what we do, all I care about is having quality time and getting to know them.

sx/so: I don't have much to say about this. As far as sp blindspot--I don't buy many extravagant things (although I do like my purchases to be high quality when I do buy things) and I'm not the most fashionable (as I said, old t-shirts, jeans, and joggers are me, although I've started to put more effort into my appearance as an adult now). I do however, spend too much money on food and books I don't find time to read. (SP collector?) I'm aware this is a list of contradictions which I, myself have trouble deciphering.

so/sx: IDK if this is my 2 or SO, but as I said, I've been super stressed and actually desperate to build relationships. I'm an odd mixture of socially awkward but also warm. I can really suck at making the first move to talk to people, but I've baked my way into friendships with my neighbors this year. I try to be inclusive--I don't like for people to feel left out, but I also am unsure of myself when there are other ppl I'm unfamiliar with. I try not to cut off opportunities for them to get to know me, but also I don't like to force my voice, also my social battery runs out quickly. I recently was able to hang out with one of my neighbors individually and it seems she's taken a liking to me after having a tearful heart-to-heart. She has since gotten our hall to dub me the floor girlfriend. I think I insist more on hanging out with ppl individually than in a group, but if I think someone would be hurt or if I know they'd really enjoy an activity, I ask them as well. I used to be really involved in activism, but I have lost touch in the pandemic. I experience compassion fatigue, which has led me to just need to disconnect from all sources of information for extended periods of time. I volunteer now and then, instead. (I try not to overcommit to this either, I don't want to make commitments I can't keep or also become overwhelmed emotionally.)

Maybe this is just a me thing, but I am easily guilted into things. I will feel too ashamed to say anything, which is why I try not to overcommit to begin with. When I do give, I generally don't withhold.

so/sp: As mentioned before, I usually type as sx/sp or so/sp on enneagram tests. I relate to the social awkwardness, but also I insist getting to know individual ppl too closely much to not be a SX? If I had to make an argument for SX blindspot, it's probably romantically. I have never dated. I've had a couple of almosts, but I generally don't make the first move. I can be awkward since I'm not completely sure when someone is flirting or I might feel uncomfortable since it is rare. I want to date, but I want to be in a place where I'm stable enough to be fully present and honest with a guy. I don't want to be distracted with other responsibilities or half-hearted--I want to be open, honest, passionate about him, and genuinely enjoy his company. I hope for the same on his part.

sp/so: I don't think this type is likely? Basically the above.

I'm sorry for the long-winded intro and run-on sentences. Maybe someone can type me, or not--either way, thanks!
    Last edited by redcat; 11-22-2021 at 02:30 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

welcome, @redcat.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoo, welcome.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@redcat

Welcome. Don't use MBTI, it messes up the types. Socionics is better. Now you have a chance to learn it.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)