149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm so not your dual, but let's see what you think of my answers :/

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Go buy 4 pillows
    Amazon. Online order.

Fix the freezer
    Is it just iced up, or is there a problem with it? For the first, just fix it yourself, for the second call someone to fix it.

Fix the squeaky closet door
    Try just putting some oil on it. If that fails, you can always just unscrew it and take it off the hinges. Who needs a door?

Scrub the shower (I've maintained it clean for montha but heavy handed work is due)
    Get a good nights sleep, and do it first thing in the morning before doing anything else, so you don't procrastinate.

Get a book case assemble it
    You can get preassembled. I'd try going second hand if you want decent wood and to not pay a lot.

Wash the car
    Just use a car wash.

Deliver donations to goodwill
    Fuck 'em.

Wax the car
    Pay someone to do it.

Im not going out there. Its midnight anything bad could be happeningr
    It probably isn't though, and then it'll be off your mind, so you can scrub the shower in the morning.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

how's this for pillows?
    http://www.amazon.com/BioPEDIC-Ultra...ywords=pillows

although i'd spend more, i wouldn't buy 4 pillows, so i'm assuming they're for guests or something.

and how about this for a better pillow?

http://www.amazon.com/Shredded-Memor...ywords=pillows
    Last edited by Satan; 05-25-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    I wrote something about Se a while back that you've probably read before. I don't think I explained it as elegantly as you did here, the description is a bit stilted in comparison, but still :

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nvolvement-etc
    Thank you for linking to that description! I particularly liked how you explain the way Ne conflicts with Se. I related to that part a lot. Nice addition to this thread, as your post better describes how it actually feels to be a Se-ego (for you), rather than explaining the unconscious - more technical - mechanics of Se like my post. I wrote a similar post to yours once, maybe even less technical than yours, but it has been deleted. Maybe @mu4 can find it in the soft deleted threads? It must have been written around 2009, during Gilly's regime. It is probably clumsy and all, but I doubt I can write such a description now, as I've learned too much theory to be smart anymore.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    I'm so not your dual, but let's see what you think of my answers :/

Amazon. Online order.

Is it just iced up, or is there a problem with it? For the first, just fix it yourself, for the second call someone to fix it.

Try just putting some oil on it. If that fails, you can always just unscrew it and take it off the hinges. Who needs a door?

Get a good nights sleep, and do it first thing in the morning before doing anything else, so you don't procrastinate.

You can get preassembled. I'd try going second hand if you want decent wood and to not pay a lot.

Just use a car wash.

Fuck 'em.

Pay someone to do it.

It probably isn't though, and then it'll be off your mind, so you can scrub the shower in the morning.
    I'm being told how to do the stuff? My bf will takr care of them this week. Pillows should be purchased in person. How are you going to tell what you're getting if they are comfortable and how they feel and what quality they are
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pillows should be purchased in person. How are you going to tell what you're getting if they are comfortable and how they feel and what quality they are
    Find out what kind of pillow fits your purposes best. (ex: body pillow, some are meant for sleeping on your side, some are memory foam for people with back/neck problems)
    Type the name of that pillow into Amazon search -> Sort by Department (Home maybe) -> Sort by "Avg Customer Review" instead of Relevance
    5 stars + tons of reviews = ka-ching! Although it's probably smart to skim through 1 star reviews, read 2 or 3 star more carefully and then go through 5 star reviews. If you're especially paranoid, skim through 4 star. Basically looking for "patterns" of the product not fitting some kind of purpose and then checking if that pattern will interfere with your purpose.
    Repeat the process with several other departments (but if you really like your option already and it's under a certain price, eh.).

Or just wait for LSE to do it, they appreciate being needed and taking care of things.
    I promise if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world, you will eventually become it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Woman View Post
    Find out what kind of pillow fits your purposes best. (ex: body pillow, some are meant for sleeping on your side, some are memory foam for people with back/neck problems)
    Type the name of that pillow into Amazon search -> Sort by Department (Home maybe) -> Sort by "Avg Customer Review" instead of Relevance
    5 stars + tons of reviews = ka-ching!
    Repeat the process with several other departments.

Or just wait for LSE to do it, they appreciate being needed and taking care of things.
    He said he'll go buy pillows soon. What am I doing? I'm hanging out with family…
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He said he'll go buy pillows soon. What am I doing? I'm hanging out with family…
    Maybe you can steal 4 of their pillows when they are not looking.
    I promise if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world, you will eventually become it.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

5 stars + tons of reviews = ka-ching! Although it's probably smart to skim through 1 star reviews, read 2 or 3 star more carefully and then go through 5 star reviews. If you're especially paranoid, skim through 4 star. Basically looking for "patterns" of the product not fitting some kind of purpose and then checking if that pattern will interfere with your purpose.
    Repeat the process with several other departments (but if you really like your option already and it's under a certain price, eh.).
    Lol you got a lot of patience there, I'd never waste time on checking other people's reviews who may have different priorities. But I recall we discussed this before as this being a manifestation of your Te PoLR?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol you got a lot of patience there, I'd never waste time on checking other people's reviews who may have different priorities. But I recall we discussed this before as this being a manifestation of your Te PoLR?
    I often read reviews before I purchase something, most reviews are pretty decent and you can use common sense to determine which ones are too demanding for the price range etc, but basically if you've got a stack of reviews, with an overall satisfaction rating, then it does represent a useful survey as to the quality of the merchandise and service.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wordsalot View Post
    I often read reviews before I purchase something, most reviews are pretty decent and you can use common sense to determine which ones are too demanding for the price range etc, but basically if you've got a stack of reviews, with an overall satisfaction rating, then it does represent a useful survey as to the quality of the merchandise and service.
    I never needed that, I usually just check the product description itself, if it's not satisfactory/not detailed enough to answer my questions I move on and look for a better one but it usually is fine. The point is, I go by my own priorities and I don't care to waste time reading the average joe's babbling as a review. Professional reviews are sometimes informative though.

The Te PoLR approach is clearly different from your post, btw.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i'd recommend those guided meditations for "feeling your body" for increasing and doing them regularly. with this increased attention perhaps there will be time for greater things to develop?

i see and as simply not being able to "run" at the same time. in order to engage one must "turn off" . although turning off may not make sense, if you have activated that means is "off." if one can focus thoroughly on these guided "feeling your body" meditations, where you're just doing what the meditation tells you to do, then should technically be "off." (it will want to come back on though, of course... it will always be coming back on and drowning out the physical focus.)
    And that's why I have never truly enjoyed that type of meditation.
    I don't enjoy having my Ni "turned off".

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I didn't even notice I did this until the OP mentioned how weak Se imagines what is going on around them. I was waiting inline and a person behind me dropped something and it made a loud thud. Everyone in front turned their heads to look and I just kept looking forward thinking that someone probably just dropped merchandise or something out of their purse. While I did that, I thought of this thread and realized I've done this quite a bit throughout my life(imagining what the sound was) as if I'm too lazy to turn my head. Strange.
    Maybe I am just clutching at straws here, but in my one film class that is comprised of a couple of Se ego types, I would turn my head way more often when some specific sound was to be heard. Haha.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Oh, and that Se advice is good and all, but... my Ego immediately said to me "Oh no, you won't be able to do this!" :/

Mostly I liked the idea of strengthening one's HA in order to eventually come around to one's PoLR somehow. Though I have noticed the more I do this, the more my Creative function starts to suffer, and wouldn't my already poor Se suffer in turn as well? I was just wondering whether I should not work on my Fe instead. It's good for my ego, literally, for a number of reasons. First, I actually use one of my strengths. I will be naturally good at it, and enjoy myself. Secondly, I'll be more in contact with the outside world. An introvert who stays in his introverted functions forever will just go nuts. Finally, according to the Inert/Contact subtype theory, one's Dual-Seeking function will be more "boosted" when one is the subtype of the Creative function.

Maybe you really should just make the best out of your own ego functions. Additionally, doing so will make you get rid of the "functional mask" you acquire while trying to act like another type. This, in turn, will make you more easily detected by and more attractive to your dual. Find your dual, enrich each others' lives, and be yourself.

Problem solved?

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You make it sound so complicated.

I just go:

Ctrl-N (new windows)

Ama(zon.com); enter (it remembers)

Pillows; enter.

Scroll down bottom left of screen, click Average customer review 4 and up.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I read reviews on stuff I care about. I hate having crap that's no good. Stuff I don't care about, sure get something cheap and move on.

The thing is some people care about more things than other people.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Soon isn't now. Why wait? What if he gets something shitty?

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

If anyone cares, I want to get some thermal shirts, and I can't be bothered researching such. The first links on amazon were rated really badly.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Soon isn't now. Why wait? What if he gets something shitty?
    Are you trying to muscle in on his patch?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If anyone cares, I want to get some thermal shirts, and I can't be bothered researching such. The first links on amazon were rated really badly.
    Try the second links

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Maybe I am just clutching at straws here, but in my one film class that is comprised of a couple of Se ego types, I would turn my head way more often when some specific sound was to be heard. Haha.
    I went for a long overdue, three mile hike in the woods this morning and the sounds of nature can focus your attention on the external in a very refreshing way. I found myself hearing some shuffling in the leaves and found my eyes searching for its source, finding a squirrel or chipmunk darting way.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Oh, and that Se advice is good and all, but... my Ego immediately said to me "Oh no, you won't be able to do this!" :/

Mostly I liked the idea of strengthening one's HA in order to eventually come around to one's PoLR somehow. Though I have noticed the more I do this, the more my Creative function starts to suffer, and wouldn't my already poor Se suffer in turn as well? I was just wondering whether I should not work on my Fe instead. It's good for my ego, literally, for a number of reasons. First, I actually use one of my strengths. I will be naturally good at it, and enjoy myself. Secondly, I'll be more in contact with the outside world. An introvert who stays in his introverted functions forever will just go nuts. Finally, according to the Inert/Contact subtype theory, one's Dual-Seeking function will be more "boosted" when one is the subtype of the Creative function.

Maybe you really should just make the best out of your own ego functions. Additionally, doing so will make you get rid of the "functional mask" you acquire while trying to act like another type. This, in turn, will make you more easily detected by and more attractive to your dual. Find your dual, enrich each others' lives, and be yourself.

Problem solved?
    Yeah, I always thought it's better to focus on the Creative instead of the HA when wanting to get around PoLR.

You are still supposed to pay some attention to Role function, though. And of course to dualizing.

I read reviews on stuff I care about. I hate having crap that's no good. Stuff I don't care about, sure get something cheap and move on.

The thing is some people care about more things than other people.
    Yep, I'm like that about stuff I care vs don't care about. Just the difference is I seek out information about those things I care about in a different way.

As to your last sentence. Yes that was my point too.
    Last edited by Myst; 05-26-2015 at 10:48 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You are still supposed to pay some attention to Role function, though.
    I am?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

You are still supposed to pay some attention to Role function, though. And of course to dualizing.
    My role tells me to never let anyone else choose my mattress, pillows or sheets for me. Except for maybe an SEI. I might trust them. I find some men can sleep on rocks and care less about it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I am?
    Yes if you want to be able to function outside your own quadra, according to the theory

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So I typically have an anxious time pushing boundaries as playing safe is all about my Ne positive. When I hear about an SEE friend do that and break something in the process it makes me saw "awww" I typically like to make things last so I'm cautious
    -

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yes if you want to be able to function outside your own quadra, according to the theory
    I see. So, I need to engage in "feel your body" meditation in order to be more socially acceptable.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I see. So, I need to engage in "feel your body" meditation in order to be more socially acceptable.
    My patience for that kind of meditation is very low. I find myself back in my head without effort. I like the path of least resistance which is my base function.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You can listen to people who have stimulating conversations about realistic events that are going on in the world to strengthen your psyche.
    -

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Myst Maybe. Reviews seem like the best way of "test driving" the product before buying. Sometimes you will see reviews that exactly match your purpose and you'll know fairly sure.

@Satan Okay fair, but I thought mostly 4s and up only state the good parts of the product instead of the bad ones? 1 star reviews are okay, but some of those people are crazy and should not be trusted...so I check 2 star too. Also I heard that people are paid to review products, make them seem amazing. How do you account for that? Also how long on average do you take to purchase things? Unless it's really inexpensive, I usually research for a good 2-3 hours minimum before making a decision. 4 pillows is pricey on my scale (assuming each is $10) so $40 would merit a more thought out decision.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Myst Maybe. Reviews seem like the best way of "test driving" the product before buying. Sometimes you will see reviews that exactly match your purpose and you'll know fairly sure.

@Satan Okay fair, but I thought mostly 4s and up only state the good parts of the product instead of the bad ones? 1 star reviews are okay, but some of those people are crazy and should not be trusted...so I check 2 star too. Also I heard that people are paid to review products, make them seem amazing. How do you account for that? Also how long on average do you take to purchase things? Unless it's really inexpensive, I usually research for a good 2-3 hours minimum before making a decision. 4 pillows is pricey on my scale (assuming each is $10) so $40 would merit a more thought out decision.
    My bf reads reviews too
    -

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

OK I'll explain a bit more. I find it easier to simply research information provided by the seller/manufacturer a bit to understand the relevant points about the product if I truly care about getting a good one and it's a new area to me. For the rest, simple stuff or for stuff I already understand I just go by my already existing practical experience. Pillows are going to be in the latter category, specifically the overly simple stuff. I understand you are different here so I'm not trying to tell you to do it in a different way if you are OK with it as it is.

Btw you'd also need to be able tell who's lying to make the product sound better because of getting paid for the review and who's simply an idiot who doesn't know how to use the stuff so gives it a bad review with a low score

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I didn't even notice I did this until the OP mentioned how weak Se imagines what is going on around them. I was waiting inline and a person behind me dropped something and it made a loud thud. Everyone in front turned their heads to look and I just kept looking forward thinking that someone probably just dropped merchandise or something out of their purse. While I did that, I thought of this thread and realized I've done this quite a bit throughout my life(imagining what the sound was) as if I'm too lazy to turn my head. Strange.
    yeah-yeah. It's kinda like when you fap and your Ne creative NPD strokes ego and imagines decayed and dripping wet female bodies for others (instead of what's really out there) coz you prolly can't stand looking at your wife's anymore kinda. It's prolly kinda getting older and uglier day by day.

Se feels like masculine energy to me. Experiencing Se is to feel more masculine.

No chance in this life. You should learn how to hit ppl in the balls in 5 razor-sharp-words instead of pussy-ass sentimental passive-agg kilometric rants ejaculated in random inboxes and around the forum.
    Last edited by Amber; 05-31-2015 at 10:15 PM.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good thread, fuckers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234