TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How I view INFp - IEI descriptions

Can hide in a group of people.
    Surprisingly in tune with the vibe and feel of a place.
    Want and tend to have a thin body type unless enneagram gluttony vice.
    Seem to be in 1-1 or groups of three.
    Circle of being intense and of much force and of head in the clouds.
    Apparently high sensitivity of smells and noises.
    "Cool"
    Might be stuck in endeavours of which there is no real rewards.
    A rare type.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly agree but when you say "Surprisingly in tune with the vibe and feel of a place."

Why is that surprising? I don't understand.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrangel View Post
    I mostly agree but when you say "Surprisingly in tune with the vibe and feel of a place."

Why is that surprising? I don't understand.
    So I had a few encounters with IEI's, and my experience of them is so.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Waiting for the IEE, EII and EIE threads for this.
    I know you want toooo

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh 3 out of 8
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have this loving energy locked within them that I just want to harness and be filled with. It gives them such a poetic elevation. And they take care of my emotions so well. There's a timeless quality to their souls. There really is no substitute for them.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I want to press is that IEI have a group mentality. They do not really stand out by visuals from the rest of the group. No pink dye hair.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    What I want to press is that IEI have a group mentality. They do not really stand out by visuals from the rest of the group. No pink dye hair.
    Hm, this is somewhat true in my experience. I'm very careful to straddle the line between "looks good in her clothes" and "overdressed", and the few IEIs I've seen out in the wild are very "normal" looking too. The type has a little mental antenna tuned to how people's actions and demeanours affect the Fe state. Dressing inappropriately can send all kinds of shockwaves in terms of perception.

I'm a So-dom IEI, though. I wonder if it'd differ for So-last IEIs. I can't imagine they'd care quite so much, and might instead prefer to express themselves for the right people.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Want and tend to have a thin body type unless enneagram gluttony vice.
    body constitution is doubtful to have good correlation with types

> A rare type.

there are no rare types. look in right places

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Not as rare as you would think. IEI's are actually pretty common on personality forums, and I have met plenty irl (though we are often attracted to the same things). It was a lot rarer to find other IEI's in the cosmic industry, though (stereotypically, it was a breeding ground for SF types).
    Rare in my interactions and experiences with people. ;p Other types are a lot more common in my part of the world.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as rare as you would think. IEI's are actually pretty common on personality forums, and I have met plenty irl (though we are often attracted to the same things).
    They do seem to congregate.

I'm taking an English-department class this semester and I have never seen so many IEIs in one room. It's creepy, they all make the same kinds of comments I would and they grok the information in such a familiar-sounding fashion. I'm not sure if I like it, it's like when a clone finds out that they're not the original.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post

I'm taking an English-department class this semester and I have never seen so many IEIs in one room. It's creepy, they all make the same kinds of comments I would and they grok the information in such a familiar-sounding fashion. I'm not sure if I like it, it's like when a clone finds out that they're not the original.
    'Who are you?'
    'I'm you, but better'

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of IEI females give me an ethereal mystical vibe. @Aylen @Persephone @epheme and @Owl gave me that ethereal mystical vibe at first, and still do.
    @aster, not sure if you have settled on IEI yet, but you give me the same ethereal vibe.

IEI males give me more of a playful/silly/emotional vibe.
    You have no idea how much this means to me . I've always wanted to be seen this way and I always thought that there's no way that people would perceive that in me.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about violet? Blue maybe? I've done it all. I don't think you understand how beta NFs manifest actually. The "wow" shock effect is a big part of it.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    What about violet? Blue maybe? I've done it all. I don't think you understand how beta NFs manifest actually. The "wow" shock effect is a big part of it.
    Well, go ahead.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really enjoy that setting honestly. Usually there's a strong differing personality that normalizes discussions along the usual path... But if it was just IEIs? You could make tangents at break neck speed and throw the class out of whack in minutes.

But the best part would be that everyone in the class knew how we got there.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I would really enjoy that setting honestly. Usually there's a strong differing personality that normalizes discussions along the usual path... But if it was just IEIs? You could make tangents at break neck speed and throw the class out of whack in minutes.

But the best part would be that everyone in the class knew how we got there.
    Unfortunately wasn't all IEIs, just more than usual. I agree, an all-IEI learning environment would be pretty fun. And then there'd be like one ESE in the back like

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately wasn't all IEIs, just more than usual. I agree, an all-IEI learning environment would be pretty fun. And then there'd be like one ESE in the back like

It was about a dream within a dream I think, I don't know I fell asleep.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    It was about a dream within a dream I think, I don't know I fell asleep.
    But did you have a dream about a dream within a dream?