Thread: TypologyDB.com - Typing celebrities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TypologyDB.com - Typing celebrities

Hi to all the celebrity typers here!

I'd like to present a project I'm working on to you (with the permission of mu4). First i'll give you some context:

I've always enjoyed typing people around me. Actively doing this is part of learning typology - recognizing the functions in real life can enable a more deep understanding of what they really are! Typing people in a group is even more interesting. So why not do it online, with people we all know - celebrities. This is of course what's happening in this forum section.

Recently I've been working on a website that streamlines this process of community driven celebrity typing. You can find the site at www.TypologyDB.com. It allows you to create Polls and vote for the type of celebrities you're interested in, as well as reddit-style nested discussions on each celebrity page. Users can vote on eachother's messages as well, and down the line I hope to enhance this to a more refined reputation system.

The website is really new and came online very recently. If you have feedback on the site's functionality, or would like to get involved adding celebrities and descriptions for them and/or otherwise getting this off the ground, please let me know! If you'd like to have a chat, you can also find us on discord at https://discord.gg/gUMCwBV

Hope you like the site,

Quin

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The site is about MBTI, right?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The site is about MBTI, right?
    It has Socionics too

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    It has Socionics too
    Ah! Found the section. Thanks!

TIM
    IEE Ne
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome! Looks neat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys! I've added a bunch of new celebrities and info about them, including links to discussions here on the16types, personalitycafe, celebritytypes. There's also quotes, youtube videos and a short bio for each celeb, which makes it rather interesting to browse around and learn about all kinds of people. You guys are welcome to come by and say hi, i'm hoping to get a bit of a community going : )

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Thanks guys! I've added a bunch of new celebrities and info about them, including links to discussions here on the16types, personalitycafe, celebritytypes. There's also quotes, youtube videos and a short bio for each celeb, which makes it rather interesting to browse around and learn about all kinds of people. You guys are welcome to come by and say hi, i'm hoping to get a bit of a community going : )

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SIGNED UP and now busy voting!! Move move move everybody support the site! @handjob @thehotelambush @lungs @Cassandra @Director Abbie @passenger @Subteigh @Vespertine @silke @Starfall @Singularity @Adam Strange @Viktor @woofwoofl @FDG @Joy

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I've also signed up.

Could you please add subtypes for the socionics types?
    By that I mean first function or second function subtype.

Like for IEI, Ni subtype and Fe subtype.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if its a good idea to have people linking blogs of their analysis in the comments section of the person. It creates Bias, and id rather prefer that your site doesnt make the same mistakes that WSS does.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I think it would be a good idea if it was visible which user voted for which type(s).

I don't want to make a comment on what type I voted for under each celebrity...
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I dont know if its a good idea to have people linking blogs of their analysis in the comments section of the person. It creates Bias, and id rather prefer that your site doesnt make the same mistakes that WSS does.
    On the other hand, you also want people to make an informed decision! Although bias is an issue, maybe this also kind of takes away from having a discussion

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand, you also want people to make an informed decision! Although bias is an issue, maybe this also kind of takes away from having a discussion
    If their opinion is uninformed they shouldnt be casting votes in the first place. But, they will, and having the link doesnt make them more informed as much as it makes the linked Bloggers opinions worth more.

The wisdom of crowds effect, where averaging out large numbers of peoples guesses is more accurate than the average individul guess, is mitigated when those people discuss with each other first. They end up inheriting and exaggerating the same bias, which skews the results. In of itself, it undoes the effect that makes polling valuable.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

with people we all know - celebrities.

Does this at least include fictional celebrities so I can type Mickey Mouse as Ne-creative?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SIGNED UP and now busy voting!! Move move move everybody support the site! @handjob @thehotelambush @lungs @Cassandra @Director Abbie @passenger @Subteigh @Vespertine @silke @Starfall @Singularity @Adam Strange @Viktor @woofwoofl @FDG @Joy
    I already posted like, ten trillion celebrities

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mm, what general 'mistakes' are you talking about?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What mistake is that?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If their opinion is uninformed they shouldnt be casting votes in the first place. But, they will, and having the link doesnt make them more informed as much as it makes the linked Bloggers opinions worth more.

The wisdom of crowds effect, where averaging out large numbers of peoples guesses is more accurate than the average individul guess, is mitigated when those people discuss with each other first. They end up inheriting and exaggerating the same bias, which skews the results. In of itself, it undoes the effect that makes polling valuable.
    This is impossible to avoid. People will almost always have seen celebrities typed by others. Anyone who has visited CelebrityTypes.com or Rick's site will be influenced. The important thing is to ensure that people are exposed to nuanced arguments that lead to accurate typings.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

Does this at least include fictional celebrities so I can type Mickey Mouse as Ne-creative?
    Hands down, Abbie secretly has more sass than all of us.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by passenger View Post
    I already posted like, ten trillion celebrities
    Very excellent work, soldier. Go on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very excellent work, soldier. Go on!
    Hahah! Thanks for the boost!

Oh and you're welcome to post fictional characters abbie!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I made some votes.

Napoleon has a double entry. So does Teddy Roosevelt. So does Bob Dylan. And Francis the Pope.
    Last edited by DirectorAbbie; 04-24-2017 at 03:56 AM.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I made some votes.

Napoleon has a double entry. So does Teddy Roosevelt. So does Bob Dylan. And Francis the Pope.
    Sure that's not just Napoleon Bonaparte (SLE) and Napoleon III (IEI)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echidna1000 View Post
    Sure that's not just Napoleon Bonaparte (SLE) and Napoleon III (IEI)?
    I've already removed the duplicates

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TypologyDB.com is disappeared.
    All typing results have been lost, like tears in rain.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    TypologyDB.com is disappeared.
    All typing results have been lost, like tears in rain.
    It says temporarily unavailable, maybe they'll be back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Didn't think anyone would care if I turned it off! But it's back on now : )

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, Didn't think anyone would care if I turned it off! But it's back on now : )
    Ayeeeee

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Quin. I use this small website quite frequently but not every day.
    Last edited by khcs; 01-11-2018 at 09:23 AM.