TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    can you link the video?
    I would if I could. The laptop that had all my videos in it was stolen last year.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait! I found it! It was still hidden on my old YouTube account. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3RPl2rvCg&t=49s
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    Is your first language not English?
    I'm Russian.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah extraversion seems more probable. You dont seem to be as "stable" as an lsi. Aka more fe, more scanning the environment, less monotone voice. This is just my impression havent watched it all

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I'm Russian.
    Oh ok.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

ot but i agree with sp/sx 8. woo

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Beta ST, I'd still say LSI-Se from the video. Definitely not SLI.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wait! I found it! It was still hidden on my old YouTube account. Here's the link: x
    That hair!!!

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    That hair!!!
    Stripper wig!
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stripper wig!
    You got more of those? Always interested in wig routines.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That hair!!!
    Hair? She wears hair? I thought she has golden syrup cotton candy on her head. Yummy!

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got more of those? Always interested in wig routines.
    All my wigs are worn out or broken now. I bought a couple of newer ones but I can't get them to look legit so I might give them to my friend who does drag.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Hair? She wears hair? I thought she has golden syrup cotton candy on her head. Yummy!
    ???? Ok I'll take it
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pole, I mentioned at some point if you'd considered Delta ST, but it was met with disbelief by some members so i guess the majority might see you as beta. with all the risks of typing over the internet and without proper material i'd still say delta ST might deserve a look into from you unless you find resonance with your self-typing.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Pole, I mentioned at some point if you'd considered Delta ST, but it was met with disbelief by some members so i guess the majority might see you as beta. with all the risks of typing over the internet and without proper material i'd still say delta ST might deserve a look into from you unless you find resonance with your self-typing.
    Can you elaborate on that pls?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi @Pole, as per your request, here are my comments about your type.

I don't really relate to most Beta values, and I value Delta values. But could that be from being raised by Deltas?
    That would depend on whether you identify with your parents or not. For example: I relate somewhat with my father, but not at all with my mother - though paradoxically, I have a lot more in common with her family as a whole than I do with his.

Anyway, I've always had the "live and let live" attitude. I'm a minimalist, I value personal growth, I've always been more mature than my peers, and value maturity in those I socialize with.
    If you believe in personal agency, in one's ability to influence their environment, then you are Se valuing and not a Delta.

I don't care about joining groups, and I never cared about social status.
    SO-last.

I lead a mostly natural lifestyle and I'm always on top of my psychical needs. I can't function before I've ate a balanced meal while avoiding foods that I am sensitive to. I need coffee, nicotine, and cannibals. I need copious amounts of calories and hydration. I am also an Sp so that could be the cause.
    This suggests strong Si but it's not clear whether your Si is valued or unvalued.

When I have guests it's important to me that they have everything they need, food, drinks, and the bathroom must have hand towels, soap, and toilet paper (it's a pet peeve of mine that when I am at someones house and they didn't prepare the basics like hand soap, and something to drink such as water, or eating utensils.)
    SLI's 4D Si places a great emphasis upon smoothness, pleasure and relaxation, and will use Te to try and create this atmosphere in the most efficient manner possible. I agree that an SLI would probably be more attentive to these things than an LSI.

I am not so sure I am a judging dominant. I am ultra laid back and don't expect perfection from anyone, not even from employees at establishments. If the waitress fucks up I still tip because they still have to pay their bills and waitressing can be overwhelming, that's just one example.
    Your reaction shows a kind of empathy which is much more typical of Fe than Fi valuers. You didn't try to reference your own emotions and ask how you would feel if you were them (Fi) - you simply wanted to make the other person feel happy and hence showed generosity, regardless of the poor service (Fe).

Like the SLI I am blunt, simplistic, and connected to nature. I love animals and they love me. I believe charity starts at home and the best way to change the world is to develop yourself. I don't believe in trying to change other people, it is an infringement on their basic human rights. Changing another person doesn't even work in the first place, and I am using first hand experience, which is something I value. I also learn from other peoples' mistakes and avoid drama. I am not dramatic like other Betas and find myself not relating to them, but I do share their fashion and media tastes. I could keep going but this is getting long and I can make more examples in the comments section.
    Both LSI and SLI are "blunt and simplistic", in fact LSI is probably more so than SLI because TiSe creates a very ordered and direct style of communication. Either A or B is true, or neither. Do this and then that. Also, Betas are not uniquely dramatic by any stretch of the imagination - every ExFx type is prone to emotional volatility. (If you've ever seen an SEE meltdown, you'll know what I'm talking about.) Lastly, your indifference to activism and moral posturing makes it hard to see you as a Fi valuer, especially an aristocratic Fi valuer like an SLI.

You seem more extroverted in your video, and answered the questions in a surprisingly similar way to how I would. You use a lot of the same phrases, observe a similar sentence structure, and have many of the same pet dislikes. I think you are an LSI of Se subtype, but I could see SLE also.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 01-20-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you believe in personal agency, in one's ability to influence their environment, then you are Se valuing and not a Delta.
    personal agency is more than influencing the environment, you could be determined and still influence the environment, as a cog in the system, which is dunh dunh dunh Ti. Fi Ne are the free will functions because it presupposes not-mechanistic agency at the bottom of choice between real alternatives, whereas Fe Ti is more about social control (one knowable and reducible chain of events). you see Fe Ti in social psychology and the social constructivists. people like Sam Harris argue for Fe Ti in terms of "the good" (how to act) as being, in principle, scientifically determinable, which is essentially to take freedom of choice out of it and make it a math problem, etc (you may argue the choice remains to act accordingly, but nested in his concept of a knowable good is knowable evil, and a justifiable response of physical elimination--so in essence, like the communists, and the nazis, there is a latent final solution to moral problems within science, wherein eventually choice itself is eradicated as a vector of evil SeTi>FiNe)

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    personal agency is more than influencing the environment, you could be determined and still influence the environment, as a cog in the system, which is dunh dunh dunh Ti. Fi Ne are the free will functions because it presupposes not-mechanistic agency at the bottom of choice between real alternatives, whereas Fe Ti is more about social control (one knowable and reducible chain of events). you see Fe Ti in social psychology and the social constructivists. people like Sam Harris argue for Fe Ti in terms of "the good" (how to act) as being, in principle, scientifically determinable, which is essentially to take freedom of choice out of it and make it a math problem, etc (you may argue the choice remains to act accordingly, but nested in his concept of a knowable good is knowable evil, and a justifiable response of physical elimination--so in essence, like the communists, and the nazis, there is a latent final solution to moral problems within science, wherein eventually choice itself is eradicated as a vector of evil SeTi>FiNe)
    Nobody gives a shit except you. Deal with it.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the video

I think you are probably SLE, my second choice would be LSI

You don't seem SLI at all
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole
    I lead a mostly natural lifestyle and I'm always on top of my psychical needs. I can't function before I've ate a balanced meal while avoiding foods that I am sensitive to. I need coffee, nicotine, and cannibals. I need copious amounts of calories and hydration. I am also an Sp so that could be the cause.
    I think it's weird you'd follow up these two sentences - you need a balanced meal (followed by) coffee, cigarettes (nicotene) and weed.

Don't get me wrong Si types can become addicted to this stuff, but the cigs and the weed, they'd want to give it up. Are you using these things as a coping mech? Anyway although Si type can use this stuff too, i'd expect them to talk more about how they want to give this stuff up (rather than not), after all health is important to Si so that they can internally sense their environment through their bodies better, so I think strong S but not valued Si.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    I think it's weird you'd follow up these two sentences - you need a balanced meal (followed by) coffee, cigarettes (nicotene) and weed.

Don't get me wrong Si types can become addicted to this stuff, but the cigs and the weed, they'd want to give it up. Are you using these things as a coping mech? Anyway although Si type can use this stuff too, i'd expect them to talk more about how they want to give this stuff up (rather than not), after all health is important to Si so that they can internally sense their environment through their bodies better, so I think strong S but not valued Si.
    Yeah I use nicotine and cannabis as a way to cope. I don't plan on quitting unless I were to feel a negative effect from them.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I use nicotine and cannabis as a way to cope. I don't plan on quitting unless I were to feel a negative effect from them.
    Si types would fix the underlying problem, or talk about doing it (trying to resolve the problem), Se type will just keep going till they collapse. Se type.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Based on the video

I think you are probably SLE, my second choice would be LSI

You don't seem SLI at all
    This.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I know I made a post about being an SLE instead of LSI. But someone said to me that I might be SLI. And I had the same thought. I don't really relate to most Beta values, and I value Delta values. But could that be from being raised by Deltas? Anyway, I've always had the "live and let live" attitude, I'm a minimalist, I value personal growth, I've always been more mature than my peers, and value maturity in those I socialize with. I don't care about joining groups, and I never cared about social status. I lead a mostly natural lifestyle and I'm always on top of my psychical needs. I can't function before I've ate a balanced meal while avoiding foods that I am sensitive to. I need coffee, nicotine, and cannibals. I need copious amounts of calories and hydration. I am also an Sp so that could be the cause. When I have guests it's important to me that they have everything they need, food, drinks, and the bathroom must have hand towels, soap, and toilet paper (it's a pet peeve of mine that when I am at someones house and they didn't prepare the basics like hand soap, and something to drink such as water, or eating utensils.) I am not so sure I am a judging dominant. I am ultra laid back and don't expect perfection from anyone, not even from employees at establishments. If the waitress fucks up I still tip because they still have to pay their bills and waitressing can be overwhelming, that's just one example. Like the SLI I am blunt, simplistic, and connected to nature. I love animals and they love me. I believe charity starts at home and the best way to change the world is to develop yourself. I don't believe in trying to change other people, it is an infringement on their basic human rights. Changing another person doesn't even work in the first place, and I am using first hand experience, which is something I value. I also learn from other peoples' mistakes and avoid drama. I am not dramatic like other Betas and find myself not relating to them, but I do share their fashion and media tastes. I could keep going but this is getting long and I can make more examples in the comments section.
    Someone asked me to look at something on the forum - and I noticed your thread accidentally. I still don't have time otherwise, so idk if I'll be here to follow-up soon if there is anything to respond to, sorry. I will try to sometime later.

So anyway, none of the stuff you've said here is specific to Delta. What's clear from it is you are an S type and sp-first.

LSI isn't really a dramatic type with 1D Fe. They are blunt at least as much as SLI or even more in some ways. They care about some Si matters just fine.

And tbh you are laid back in a way yes in terms of how you are open to interaction with anyone (which is a LSI Fe DS thing, not at all SLI), but I don't see your standards and rules on stuff as laid back at all, and is rather decisive and "judging" instead. E.g. your rules on dating, how to lead your life, etc.

Wait! I found it! It was still hidden on my old YouTube account. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3RPl2rvCg&t=49s
    Anyone who doesn't type you LSI from the first three seconds of this video doesn't really know the type well.

OK, I'm exaggerating. But yeah. The SEE suggestions here are absolutely ridiculous.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your first post sounds very much like Si and Te, which is SLI.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Your first post sounds very much like Si and Te, which is SLI.
    Strong Si and Te, which is true for any ST type.

@Pole

I found these descriptions yesterday of SLI vs LSI:

LSI https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
    SLI https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Some main differences I noted from these descriptions (sorry, the quoted text is produced by Google Translator):

Si:
    LSI: "
    He likes simple but healthy food. It is characterized by stability of taste and habits." --> Pole, this is what you thought was SLI for yourself? Seems to fit your OP alright.
    SLI: "The world knows through sensations. Perceives everything that violates natural harmony. He feels well the possibilities of sensations. In pursuit of their novelty (fishing, picking mushrooms or berries, swimming, traveling, etc.) leads a mobile way of life." ---> Pole, do you do this with paying this kind of attention to sensory harmony? And these possibilities?

Ti:
    LSI: "
    A supporter of a strict order and a well-functioning system." --> You do this, Pole, with your own system that you described before e.g. your rules for dating, business stuff, etc.
    SLI: "Always tries to do with minimal forces, attract fewer people." --> This bit was SLI specific, I think. Don't think this minimizing of expenditure of effort fits you, Pole. You seem to put in more energy than strictly needed, is my impression of you.

Se:
    LSI: "A sober realist: sets himself only feasible goals, because in most cases he achieves them, even if not immediately. If explanations and warnings do not help, includes pressing and other power methods of control." --> This seemed the LSI specific part (see also Ne suggestive for SLI where I contrast the Ne valuing with this).
    SLI: "He knows what strength and where to apply to achieve the desired goal." HOWEVER: "He will not press anyone, but he himself will not submit to the attempts of dictate. He does not like competition, he has no ambitions and career aspirations. It shows violence rarely and always under the pressure of external circumstances." --> You seem more externally aggressive than this. I remember Ananke (SLE) noted this too of your video before.

Fe / Ne suggestive:
    LSI: "Accumulates negative emotions. Spilling them on someone, feels relieved. For a good physical condition, he needs a frequent change of emotional background." --> Afaik, SLI doesn't feel good after spilling them. Though I'm not entirely sure this has to be 100% determined by type.
    SLI: "Needs new, unusual problem situations, distracting him from gray everyday life. Without new exciting goals, his physical tone falls." --> Wants change for unusual things often, being set on a future course for long is not as important to the SLI as to the LSI.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if you have problem deciding what type you are it would be good to find what is the most conflicting type. Do you conflict with EIE / IEI or with IEE / EII?
    For example, I, as ILE, I am strongly put off by ESIs and SEEs, the thing that they are both in not good relationships is obvious.
    Also you could try to talk with mirrors. Do you find SLE or LSE similar?
    I think first step is to try to type others because it's much simpler.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think if you have problem deciding what type you are it would be good to find what is the most conflicting type. Do you conflict with EIE / IEI or with IEE / EII?
    For example, I, as ILE, I am strongly put off by ESIs and SEEs, the thing that they are both in not good relationships is obvious.
    Also you could try to talk with mirrors. Do you find SLE or LSE similar?
    I think first step is to try to type others because it's much simpler.
    Not sure.

I am often put off by alpha SFs and alphas in general, but not always as there are some I get along with well, like my aunt (SEI).

I think different elements have to be factored when considering what makes relations work, and socionics is just one of them.

I think it's better to ask yourself which type would complement your weak sides best. Not the one you like better or get along with better. Like is subjective and relatons are muddled by other factors. Asking yourself which type complements you best is probably the best approach, imo.

So now that I commented on this thread I guess I have to address Pole and her OP. I don't know what type you are, to be honest your first post sounds very image aware, like you are conscious of everything you reveal and project, but it is done so automatically that you yourself probably are only slightly aware of it. I recognize this as it is typical of enneagram type three. I am a 3w4, and I do this. So it sounds like you are projecting an image by selecting elements about yourself you consider an SLI would do and not being completely sincere, not that it's malicious like I said I do this too, it's typical E3 image awareness and since we aeren't very aware of ourselves as threes it's typical to make up a persona.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't think you could be LSI seems fine enough IMO.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Pole seen your photo in the other thread, it looks more LSI than SLI. There's also plenty of Se ego and also Fi superego in the photo.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    So now that I commented on this thread I guess I have to address Pole and her OP. I don't know what type you are, to be honest your first post sounds very image aware, like you are conscious of everything you reveal and project, but it is done so automatically that you yourself probably are only slightly aware of it. I recognize this as it is typical of enneagram type three. I am a 3w4, and I do this. So it sounds like you are projecting an image by selecting elements about yourself you consider an SLI would do and not being completely sincere, not that it's malicious like I said I do this too, it's typical E3 image awareness and since we aeren't very aware of ourselves as threes it's typical to make up a persona.
    Pole as image aware?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sli or lsi as stripper tho #lol

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Pole seen your photo in the other thread, it looks more LSI than SLI. There's also plenty of Se ego and also Fi superego in the photo.
    did you see her video already? http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1249084
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

That's more LSI than SLI too

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this vid you are indistinguishable from one EIE I know. Clearly beta and J. I don't think you're EIE but you seem similar yo your dual.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All I can say is the SLIs I know would never strip. That would be their worst nightmare. They don't even like their picture taken. lol I don't really know LSIs, but that also seems like an unusual thing for them to enjoy. Stereotypically it seems more SLE.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12