Thread: Types and alcohol

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    My mom (ILI) and dad (ILE) we’re both alcoholics when I was young, but my mom quit drinking when I was 10 and hasn’t touched alcohol in nearly 20 years.

I started drinking when I was 14, mostly with friends, but sometimes I would steal alcohol from my grandparents and get drunk by myself lol. I developed a real drinking problem in my late teens/early 20s. I decided to quit when I was 24, and next month will be 5 years since I’ve had a drink.
    Congratulations on the sobriety.. As a first time job, I would consider getting yoga certificate and working as yoga instructor in a rehab.. I have seen lots of alcohol issue in my family and have seen what it does to people and know it is not necessarily able to help on one's own. I would do that, or work at metaphysical store or used bookstore. But my plan is to become successful writer and that is my main goal, but if I get side, it will be of those for starter.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably due to my non conformist tendencies I have never done it. It is said that people use it because they need to medicate shyness (excessive fear of feeling bad about themselves or something) and therefore it seems useless.

This nondrinkers and drinkers union seems to run in my family. A person who does not want is usually around someone who consumes it. Weird.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-16-2021 at 06:15 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Man, I would have really liked you as a kid. I felt like I was the only person I knew who was at all rebellious or independent; everyone else was either a psycho Jesus freak with a weird authoritarian view of how families should work, or was so smothered by their helicopter parents they never developed a personality. It drove me crazy. I always wanted to meet the kind of teenager who stole alchohol or snuck to parties like movies/pop culture tried to assure me existed, lol.
    Probably would have been fun lol. I did a lot of dumb stuff as a teenager.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably would have been fun lol. I did a lot of dumb stuff as a teenager.
    I admire people Alphas who do dumb things confidently.

Some types are dumb for the wrong reasons. ExI for instance: "I'm completely retarded and did something retarded and I need someone who's not retarded to spell out for me how to not be retarded." Alphas on the other hand: "I know I'm being retarded but I need something different to happen now so I'm gonna go ahead anyway "

I'm partially joking of course, but I think Alpha SF have usually have good heads on their shoulders and have healthy/balanced attitudes toward life. I think that, generally speaking as types, they aren't very prone to being completely irresponsible unless they're very frustrated. The NTs are different in many ways of course but also aren't typically reckless in the way for instance Gamma NTs can be, though admittedly they can be "irresponsible" in some other ways.

The SFs I do think tend to realize when the way they approach things isn't good, and are quick to change their ways if they realize a better one. Even when they're being "dumb" I think there's a certain logic to it: "I can't stand living this way; I'm going to do [x] because I simply need some element of fun/spontaneity even though it's risky." That's my impression, at least.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 07-16-2021 at 07:02 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Where you draw the line?

Sometimes I feel like I need to turn my entire life into "WTF, dude "-performance. If it is not already.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Where you draw the line?

Sometimes I feel like I need to turn my entire life into "WTF, dude "-performance. If it is not already.
    Gets fuzzier the more other people are hurt and the more you permanently mar your ability to be happy. Otherwise fun should prevail.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some types are dumb for the wrong reasons. ExI for instance: "I'm completely retarded and did something retarded and I need someone who's not retarded to spell out for me how to not be retarded." Alphas on the other hand: "I know I'm being retarded but I need something different to happen now so I'm gonna go ahead anyway "

I'm partially joking of course, but I think Alpha SF have usually have good heads on their shoulders and have healthy/balanced attitudes toward life. I think that, generally speaking as types, they aren't very prone to being completely irresponsible unless they're very frustrated. The NTs are different in many ways of course but also aren't typically reckless.

The SFs I do think tend to realize when the way they approach things isn't good, and are quick to change their ways if they realize a better one. Even when they're being "dumb" I think there's a certain logic to it: "I can't stand living this way; I'm going to do [x] because I simply need some element of fun/spontaneity even though it's risky." That's my impression, at least.
    My ILE brother is at least 10x more reckless than I am lol. I’m SEI, so by nature I’m a pretty cautious person. I definitely have a reckless streak in me which was worse when I was younger before my frontal lobe fully developed lol.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yeah this is actually very true.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh it's cute how you guys Necro threads that died 14 years ago. It used to annoy me but I accept it now. Long live the Necromancer.

I think drinking alcohol is kind of a Ni polr thing mixed with being a Exxj thing. Exxjs seem to really get into it. I drink occasionally but I'm not really that fond of it. I probably like Margaritas the best.

Just heard a gay guy on Youtube say that gay men don't order scotch or whisky at gay bars. It made me crack up because it's true.

LSE str8 man scotch breath.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol's never seemed very fun to me, more like something that just shuts down your mind instead of other drugs like weed or LSD that make you think more. I have nothing against it, though I know I won't ever drink after having been in a drunk driving accident that my mother caused. Seeing her drunk or even sleep deprived is painful enough that if I ended up getting drunk I'd probably end up feeling guilty for it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Getting a lil buzzed where you are less tense socially and are more playful and accepting of others is a good thing, I think. As human beings we can all have sticks up our asses way too much at times- myself included. Especially me.

But too much though it's bad, especially if it lowers your inhibitions TOO much and you are an Angry Drunk that says hurtful things to ur friends & family. Or it makes you engage in risky sexual/criminal behaviors or you were like my sister's friends that got so drunk she broke our toilet and threw up everywhere. I think it stops being cool when it gets to that point...

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gets fuzzier the more other people are hurt and the more you permanently mar your ability to be happy. Otherwise fun should prevail.
    When people drink and start to share how miserable their life is because a leprechaun stole their almost empty toilet paper roll, I'm thinking that I never want to be like that.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mind is too fast to keep up with. When I drink I like the way my mind slows down.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Oh it's cute how you guys Necro threads that died 14 years ago. It used to annoy me but I accept it now. Long live the Necromancer.

I think drinking alcohol is kind of a Ni polr thing mixed with being a Exxj thing. Exxjs seem to really get into it. I drink occasionally but I'm not really that fond of it. I probably like Margaritas the best.

Just heard a gay guy on Youtube say that gay men don't order scotch or whisky at gay bars. It made me crack up because it's true.

LSE str8 man scotch breath.
    I’m very far from straight and I order straight vodka with no chaser.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't drank in a couple of days. I used to have at least one beer every morning after work.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom (ILI) and dad (ILE) we’re both alcoholics when I was young, but my mom quit drinking when I was 10 and hasn’t touched alcohol in nearly 20 years.

I started drinking when I was 14, mostly with friends, but sometimes I would steal alcohol from my grandparents and get drunk by myself lol. I developed a real drinking problem in my late teens/early 20s. I decided to quit when I was 24, and next month will be 5 years since I’ve had a drink.
    Similar story here- my dad is an alcoholic; I would steal alcohol from Walmart mostly, and even wine from my own home. Occasionally I would go through phases of drinking even though I do not even like it and it’s always my last choice when I want to “get fucked up”... alcohol was never my DOC, other drugs were a far bigger problem in my life thus far, but even if I did not drink *often*, when I did I would usually take it too far (beginning as a social thing one night out, and then ending up as me just drinking by myself for like a week straight was a common way it played out - I believe the last time I did drink was the last time I went to the club and I got decently buzzed that night but it started and ended on that night alone thankfully ). I think another part of the issue for not just myself but many children of hard knock alcoholics is that because we have the gene, it often takes far more for us to get actually *no capability of self control* drunk than typical people.

My sister actually drank heavily herself in her teens/early 20s, and interestingly enough it was a far worse problem with her - but luckily came to a full stop after she got a DUI (now she doesn’t really care for alcohol and she even not super long ago went to a winery with her friend and I could tell she had a ton of control over it, she even expressed she didn’t like it lol). I say it’s interesting because besides her past drinking problem, it is me that very obviously has addiction issues with pretty much everything (not just substances lol) and not characteristic of her whatsoever.

I’m very glad to hear you’re in a better place and that you shared that.
    Last edited by flames; 07-19-2021 at 06:17 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’m very far from straight and I order straight vodka with no chaser.
    That's hot @flames

You know what video is coming next, don't you (start at 1:12):

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's hot @flames

You know what video is coming next, don't you (start at 1:12):

There is no provocative licking someone emoji, so I will improvise with

But in kind of seriousness (lmfao “in kind of seriousness” - new catchphrase alert ) it’s funny you brought up Carrie because that movie had already sprung up in my mind before you came to me with it after seeing a pretty damn remarkable Instagram edit of it yesterday (not even bullshitting, I saved it in my movie/shows edit collection). Psychic connection

edit: p.s. her mom is 100% everything I loathe tbh LOL
    Last edited by flames; 07-19-2021 at 07:45 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As human beings we can all have sticks up our asses way too much at times- myself included. Especially me.

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's way not as fun as being drunk. Lowering you iq is way more fun than sticking a stick up your ass.

-Krishna

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    That's way not as fun as being drunk. Lowering you iq is way more fun than sticking a stick up your ass.
    Are you sure if you do this as it is shown in the picture and publicly? It should release some tension.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure if you do this as it is shown in the picture and publicly? It should release some tension.
    I see your point, but I'm sure it does, and I'm sure most people will understand. I also think. to each his own...

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by memori View Post
    posting my guesses for the hell of it

beta NFs: like getting drunk off wine, especially those bitter red wines. drink heavier stuff only when in distress/under peer pressure

beta STs: jagermeister. just makes sense.

ILEs and alpha SFs: their taste ranges from cornerstore beer to expensive local made ice wine. depends on the occasion.

LII: beer or those cocktails with whipped cream and coke and chocolate sauce

Deltas: have a very specific obscure taste and will not shut up about it if theyre made to drink something else "oh i usually like more dry but sweet but bitter but fruity but smokey kind of mix but this is good too thanks"

gamma SFs: classic cocktails, especially sweeter ones. more into stimulants than alcohol

gamma NTs: doesn't drink, only did once in highschool to be cool
    Accurate for this Gamma NT.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My drunk self is a better version of me. Less inhibited. I don't think much as my usual self and I don't feel as much as self controlled as my usual self. I am much more charming, playful and more prone to do some risky stuff. Although I can do some crayz things, I haven't crossed any line or did something I would never do. It is just like super awesome version of me.

When I am at very boring events, I sometimes drink, so I would get more loose and at least have more fun even if it is just in my mind, but sometimes it does nothing for me as if I haven't drank anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by memori View Post
    LII: beer or those cocktails with whipped cream and coke and chocolate sauce
    Not accurate for me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't usually drink, I usually drink a lot when I do. I tend to drink too fast and get drunk quickly. I have to remind myself to pace myself. I think it might be a PoLr Si thing.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gulenko had something about this in his descriptions. H subtypes seemed to value more their (future) comfort than carpe Diem approach (D subtypes).

(ILE H resorts to stimulants while leaves alcohol alone)
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12