Thread: How to spot an SLE

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool How to spot an SLE

Last edited by persimmonism; 02-02-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    Back to the subject. my hypothesis is that I confuse EIE with SLE (again, we're talking from at a distance, because do I actually go up to people and talk to them, particularly if they're extroverted and confident? of course not.)

Yahhh so how do you spot an SLE?
    Same reply as to the other thread- you could start by watching videos of SLEs and then perhaps spotting people who look/act the same irl. Though spotting extraverts it's the problem. For dualization there has to be some kind of an experience, some sort of a story, that goes beyond just acknowledging each other's existence.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, I complain that I have nobody who actually forces me to do stupid stuff with them anymore. I bet she loved that I'd always play whatever random game she thought of. Seriously, it was just, Her: hey, we're doing this Me: ok. I've never been as physically fit again as I was when I was friends with her.
    That sounds gr8 tbh. I wish there was someone like that in my life.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just an ongoing project comparing people and sorting out the types. That's what it's all about. Impossible to give full advice on how to spot a SLE because you have to learn to distinguish them from all other types. Meet people of all types, watch videos of all types

The Se can be very easy to spot. Direct contact with the environment, a physical presence that's hard to describe. With SEEs you often notice the Te mobilizing, like they can seem very into Te, so that's one way of telling SLE and SEE apart. I just met a SEE yesterday (a dance teacher, how typical) and it was the Te that made me decide on SEE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@silke @Tallmo
    It can be really hard to find accurate videos when you have no idea what traits to look for. A lot of the commonly typed examples can turn out to be false as time progresses.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could describe it, but SLE-Ti that I meet are one of the easiest types to recognize as SLE-Ti. I don't know why but I can almost always tell who is an SLE-Ti like as soon as i meet them, they're rarely all that different from each other (and I know they hate that I think that, I'm sorry) which is a good thing since they're one of my favorite types (rarely, you'll find one that is highly unique, for example, my 3 best friends I hung around with most before I started high school were 3 SLE-Ti who really stood out, one stood out because of his pre-20 years old need to think independently, to almost never trust anyone else's minds, opinions, abilities, whatever anyone else had to say under any circumstance and the few times he did trust anyone else's thoughts or abilities he denied it, the other because he loved art and wanted to be creative so much and he was, and the third probably because he had autism spectrum disorder combined with being desperate for sex and extreme desire to be loved, which were never not apparent to me at all; if anything, his ASD made it so he had no clue what he was doing in attempts to get those things were considered inappropriate by most people.) ILE-Ti don't vary a great deal from each other either, but they vary more from each other than SLE-Ti vary from each other.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chocolatte

Here you have a SLE C subtype. I met him today. He is a dance teacher, together with his IEI gf.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    @chocolatte

Here you have a SLE C subtype. I met him today. He is a dance teacher, together with his IEI gf.
    The guy has this weird video dancing at a fire alone in the woods.. wtf moment. Seems like a fun person.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    The guy has this weird video dancing at a fire alone in the woods.. wtf moment. Seems like a fun person.
    Are you sure that's him? The account is another person.

Here is a video where he (SLE) dances with his IEI partner. They teach dance together.

They are also a Harmonizing - Creative couple, as far as I can tell.

He is known for his very physical and fun teaching. He is indeed a fun guy.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those two are SLE-IEI dyad too, aren't they?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Laugs in SLE*

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Are you sure that's him? The account is another person.

Here is a video where he (SLE) dances with his IEI partner. They teach dance together.

They are also a Harmonizing - Creative couple, as far as I can tell.

He is known for his very physical and fun teaching. He is indeed a fun guy.
    ILE at most.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Laugs in SLE*

I had him at SLI a few years back and can't shake that typing. His lists of hobbies checks out as well. I had always thought SLI-SLE territory.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually its them who spot you

->

Ananke says SLE. k4m says SEI. The attentive eyes checks out.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They have excellent Se which means if they are interested in you they may look at you with sharp eyes to gather more information about you. They usually have a tendency to Fe which means they may want a joke back. They may be concerned about you so may ask you about your family. They can be courteous and polite also they have a lot of LSE tendencies except they don't move as fast at work as LSE do. Um. IDK overall they have a serious external bearing somewhat quiet and sometimes may seem introverted not necessarily shy. They can be mistrustful with their words and sometimes question you in a strange little twist as to ensure they can trust you. They basically look like any other human being lol so you won't know until you date them hahah
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valhalla View Post
    ILE at most.
    He might seem like an ILE in that video but he is SLE. I have met him many times. Creative subtype.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol dancing is stupid and you'll realize it if you have any self respect. It is only useful for parody. I refused everytime at school when they tried to pressure me. Even at gym lessons when they tried to give ultimatums. ESI teacher started to call me renegade.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male SLEs are pretty easy to spot unless they’re the more super introverted kind IMO.

They tend to be the stereotypical bro-ish man man, and not too reserved or detached. Not too fluffy and social usually; those are SEEs. Usually ST guys have a firefighter or police officer demeanor, or at the very least have a more “active” quasi-blue collar vibe even if their jobs are white collar like @shotgunfingers or @Northstar do.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male SLEs take up space and dress like Sporty Spice.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=valhalla;1406618]Usually its them who spot you

this is true- I can look back and remember meeting SLE guys on nights out and they are all funny stories. A guy approaching me in a bar to ask ‘do you like garage music?’ (Yes I do)..He was way younger than me too. Another guy came up to me in a club at the end of the night, started rapping at me, more or less followed me home and I had to tell him
    off :s He was sweet though. (edit: i now think this guy was an entp-though estp-ish) Met another guy on a trip to Berlin and he basically tried to convince me to move to Berlin and made a point of pointing out that we had similar tattoos (with the word ‘love’ in them).

Other than that, other guys including a manager just kind of being awkward/gushing around me and later making a lot of jokes/ another guy making a beeline for me at a party. Other instances with more shy guys: one getting his friend to ask if I liked him and one guy who joined my flat on the first night of uni drinks and ended up sleeping on our kitchen floor a lot the rest of the term (not just for me but maybe it was part of it lol) hope it happens once more now I would appreciate it more haha

edit: the above all sounds too romantic..I have also met/come across some estps who are super awkward, bless em
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-08-2020 at 03:13 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think there is resemblance between super egos albeit having very different strengths.

They probably give short term ultimatums that supports their views yet they can be turned around 180 degrees by certain information.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Male SLEs take up space and dress like Sporty Spice.

:>

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to describe without an example. So let me give you one:

Notice the "ON" eyes. That's Se base. The eyes do not look hazy or dreamy, they do not look dull or "flat." If the eyes do not look ready-for-action, you must scrape Se base (even Se creative) from your list of potential types for the typee. SLE and SEE share this trait. Even when squinting, the eyes will look extremely present (bar any drug (ab)use that would impact this of course). This, combined with a non-rigid composure (more on that below), is by far the most telling element to determine Se base in my experience.

Notice the folding lines that turn downward from the sides of his nose. This is a common consequence from expressions done via Fe. Fe and Fi both are capable of creating strong fold lines around the mouth and nose area, but their placements differ because of how they pull the facial muscles differently. Fe, as shown in the video example, will pull the mouth sideways and up much more strongly. Laughs and smirks: sideways and up. Fi in contrast tends to pull down the cheeks more, often with extremely straight smiles (that don't go up much), creating more puffy cheeks regardless of body weight. Notice also the excellent use of his eyebrows: up, down, moving all around, one brow raised, frown, wink (okay that's not the brow ), etc. Fe puts a lot of emphasis on the brow movement: they help emphasize and make the expression that more expressive. Fi-Te might be very intense and pushy and the brow will match this, but this area is often a neglected one and the brow movement will be much more uniform: up, down, frown. This is probably the cause of the MBTI stereotype that Fe is "shallow" (but with theatrical nuance) and that Fi is "authentic" (but not as adaptable). Note that SLE does not possess strong Fe, so you may have to be patient to catch the SLE in a certain mood (such as making YouTube videos) for him to display these things strongly. SLE will be irregular in this area, but when shown, the Fe will be obvious (and may come across as forced at times).
    Compare Justin Bieber (SLE) with Selena Gomez (SEE). Compare the smiles, compare the facial lines they create, compare the cheeks, and compare the brow action. I find it difficult to put into words but these examples should help with painting the picture.

Ti types, base or creative, are more likely to have flatter cheeks when compared to Fi types. As mentioned above, Fi cheeks easily puff up, but Ti tends towards flatter cheeks as the expression from Fe leaves that area relatively untouched. Anorexia or obesity will make this an unreliable method to use, as will flat effect. Though even then, the trend should be observable when directly compared to other people's markers. Ti tends to go between neutral (reflective) and performative (Fe), Fi tends go between subtle emotion (introspective) and steamrolling (Te). Note: either can be considered "dramatic" or "expressive" in the more extroverted states, but there is a noticeable difference in tactic.

SLE has a Pe temperament: irrational. This means that SLE has a baseline of non-rigid composure (J is rigid) and a high flexibility in neutral <> excitable movement (Pi has low flexibility in this, but has non-rigid composure). Se shares these qualities with Ne, though Ne is more prone to appear scattered and distracted, and Se is more prone to appear pushy and focused.

There is much more nuance to recognizing the type in real time, but I like using this as a baseline to jump from. I find words and stories, such as typing by forum posts, to be mostly unreliable and inaccurate. I prefer seeing the types instead, literally. Not everyone appreciates this method, that is okay - I don't appreciate typing by stories. Not everyone thinks the same way (we, as typology enthusiasts, should know this better than anyone). But if even one person finds this helpful - I know you're out there somewhere - you're welcome. (This is an Fe emoji.)
    Last edited by Samson; 09-11-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to the subject. my hypothesis is that I confuse EIE with SLE (again, we're talking from at a distance, because do I actually go up to people and talk to them, particularly if they're extroverted and confident? of course not.)

Yahhh so how do you spot an SLE? Particularly male because I may or may not want to kidnap one for myself (jk I'll just stay in my cave until the end of time)
    SLEs and EIEs are very very different

SLEs are much more grounded, blunt, fun, thinking about the physical world around them:

EIEs in comparison are much more socially graceful, think more deeply about the themes/moods of the people around them:

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of this is VI stuff which is wrong and only perpetuates stereotypes. SLEs are not some mythical, prized creature to hunt and obtain. To know what anyone’s type is, you have to get to know them beyond observing basic behaviors.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

:>

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    aw, that pic, yes.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE is like a tank.
    It shrugs off opinions like a tank shrugs off bullets.
    You must use NLAW where the plating is thinnest aka on the Fi PolR to crack it wide open.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    A lot of this is VI stuff which is wrong and only perpetuates stereotypes. SLEs are not some mythical, prized creature to hunt and obtain. To know what anyone’s type is, you have to get to know them beyond observing basic behaviors.
    It’s true, there’s such wide variety in the types. (If people need typology ‘proof’ then go learn about enneagram type with instincts and tritype)

A lot of SLEs are just gonna be nice, ordinary people, just like any of the types. There’s a guy who works in a library with me who is SLE. Also know a couple of teachers..there’s an SLE friend/love interest out there for every person/type. They will most likely be super friendly to IEIs in my experience so just look out for friendly, funny guys with a strong ‘presence’. And if not, just go out in the world and do fun stuff and you’ll likely meet a like-minded SLE on the way
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-24-2020 at 07:33 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. SLE are normal, regular people. I don’t like to admit it, but SLEs are black/white thinkers. There’s some slight room for accommodating new/updated information but ultimately there isn’t shifting going on cuz... there’s no reason to. The stereotypical redneck southern gun toting dude is (sadly) SLE. I’ve met my male counterpart as criminal prosecution attorneys while I was interning. Pretty sure the guy who helped retrieve my iPhone when I got attacked and mugged was also SLE. Very forceful and he showed up in court to testify for me. He told me he was so livid that such a lowlife scum attacked a girl. He felt like I was a strong person and asked how I was holding up, asked me if I was going to the gym (we went to the same gym). I had PTSD as a result and got a bunch of drugs after that. Ahhhhh... life an SLE isn’t all thrills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ahhah, that meme can be made about pretty much any IE. I think the ones that are the most blown out of proportion in socionics literature are surely Se, Ni and Ne. They are nearly fetishized.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You can’t spot functions lol but you can spot energy. SLE have periods of energy and external activity but not always extreme just that they are more flexible in their movement just like what Christopher Reece said in the video that I posted
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    You can’t spot functions lol but you can spot energy.
    Different functions of ego and valued have different kinds of "energy" in impressions from people. Besides their a common behavior and IR effects with you. This makes possibly to "spot functions". With a correct theory knowledge, thinking and training and you'd can do it and correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    You have one right here, let's have sex
    the right to have a sex with SLE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoViD Spurdo 007 View Post
    Honestly its both and neither. I see some pathological IEEs and ILEs in the first one.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoViD Spurdo 007 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you differentiate Te commands and Se commands? I've noticed that I've been able to find extroverted STs very easily, but I can't differentiate between an Se command or a Te command - I know both are fairly forceful, both tend to be fairly possessive, and there's very much a clear cut response by their respective duals (EIIs ignore instructions and do what they want anyways when commanded, and IEIs tend to slip into an advisory role and subtly guide SLEs to what they want in the end), but it's hard to decide whether the command I'm being given is an Se thing or a Te thing? Also, how do you generally differentiate between those quasi identicals and SEEs?

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se command. Te is strong but not important because the background (demonstrative) IM is vital, contact, and producing. The background IM effectively “lies in wait,” much like the creative, unless provided with a context by the program (base function) itself to come into play. Furthermore, the same aspect of information in the program IM simply takes its processing of information for granted as an objective fact of reality, whereas in the background the same thing is not objective but instrumental and suited to the demands of the environment. The reason why demo function comes out so strong but in a mocking, self-serving manner is because the mind is showing that it favors the creative function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast