Thread: Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Layne Staley (Alice In Chains)

The 90's grunge scene was full of amazing, talented people who left us way too soon. Layne Stayley is one of them and it's a little sad that such a great talent and powerful voice is often left forgotten in the shadow of other more popular grunge bands. What do you think his type was?

"It was all about music, about getting your friends to come and see you play. I don't see that same intimacy happening very much today."

"Being me is no different than being most anyone else, I guess."

"There's no huge, deep message in any of the songs. We recorded a few months of being human."

"Music is the doorway that has led me to drawing, photography, and writing."

It's not easy to find much footage of him alone and there's far less info than one would expected. He was a very private person who guided his personal information extremely well and he hated to be exposed more than necessary. The love of his life died from drug overdose and he never got over it. After her death he stopped going out, stopped making music and completely shut himself down from the external world. He got heavily into heroin. He died in 2002, he overdosed, he died alone in his house which he had barely left for years. His cut off contacts with his friends, band mates and family as well.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have considered him an identical for I don't know how long. Way before I heard of socionics. I don't know if that makes him the same socionics type as me or same enneagram. I have joked before I am in love with a dead man but it isn't really a joke. I feel there are energy ties between us on a non physical level that involve a non physical version of love which cannot be explained by language.

Staley knew his death was near.
    In his last known interview, Staley told reporter Adriano Rubio that he knew his time on Earth was running out. “I know I'm near death,” he said. “I did crack and heroin for years. I never wanted to end my life this way. I know I have no chance. It's too late.”

http://loudwire.com/things-you-didnt...-layne-staley/
    That just makes me want to cry since my ex said something similar to me two weeks before he died. It wasn't the first time my ex said it. He always told me he would die young and I believed him so I was prepared. I don't think Layne was the same type as my ex (ILI) though. They died from similar causes so for that reason alone I feel like I shouldn't even be typing Layne. I am too influenced by my own life experiences to be objective. I just wanted to respond to your thread to show my appreciation for him as human being who lived a tragic life.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks SLE just like my ex-brother-in-law (a cop who loves beer and working out, divorced from an ESI).

Grunge was a hard scene to appreciate. Only a minority liked it. Ruined pop music by the 2000s.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen I feel the same way about Kurt Cobain . While I believe Kurt was IEI, I'm not sure about Layne. He doesn't seem so fragile, openly emotional and dreamy. He actually acts and looks like a though guy with a hidden soft heart. He got so much to offer, but kept a lot inside under a mask of a simple guy, IEIs on the other hand like to express their uniqueness and complex emotionally. Probably only those who knew him well could say more, but I think his outside persona doesn't connect with IEI. The most complex people who like to hide behind such simple and banal masks are usually Fi valuers and I think he seems to be Se ego. I personally type him ESI, but I wonder what others has to say as well.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    @Aylen I feel the same way about Kurt Cobain . While I believe Kurt was IEI, I'm not sure about Layne. He doesn't seem so fragile, openly emotional and dreamy. He actually acts and looks like a though guy with a hidden soft heart. He got so much to offer, but kept a lot inside under a mask of a simple guy, IEIs on the other hand like to express their uniqueness and complex emotionally. Probably only those who knew him well could say more, but I think his outside persona doesn't connect with IEI. The most complex people who like to hide behind such simple and banal masks are usually Fi valuers and I think he seems to be Se ego. I personally type him ESI, but I wonder what others has to say as well.
    So you understand...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ENTP

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI. It's as clear as day, especially when you compare him to an IEI like Cobain.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Layne Staley - ENTP Don Quixote

This is the comment you are looking for