Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@darya two questions: is/was this friend ever socially awkward? Is this the LSE friend you mentioned in one of the threads before?
    Maybe it's the combo of awkwardness and Ne/Si humour (if such a thing can be defined)... Hmm?
    I know that it's likely that this cracks me up.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Lol, I'm very invested into shoving him into a wall too. Big bang is something to watch during lunch, because it's relaxing and you can see all the jokes from a mile away, so you don't have to pay special attention : ) I often watch it together with my bff, and much more than show it's funny to watch her as she's rolling on the floor from laughter, and I'm just sitting there with ?? on my face And she's near genius IQ, so that's not really related.
    I will watch it while eating dinner for the same reasons. haha I rewatch episodes all the time. It is unusual for me to want to rewatch a series. If I do it is usually years after I first watched.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    @darya two questions: is/was this friend ever socially awkward? Is this the LSE friend you mentioned in one of the threads before?
    Maybe it's the combo of awkwardness and Ne/Si humour (if such a thing can be defined)... Hmm?
    I know that it's likely that this cracks me up.
    Nope, it's the IEI one But yes, she's geeky and used to be very socially awkward in high school (she's a computer programmer and very into Star Wars, Dr. Who and all those mainstream nerdy stuff that I don't relate too).

The LSE friend doesn't find it funny at all, although she likes lots of other Ne/Si goofy comedy.

I don't dislike this show because it's about misfits, it's just that jokes are so painfully cliche : ) And I also don't find characters particularly endearing Penny - likable, but a bimbo. Sheldon- well, Sheldon lol. He is the best actor though. Raj - whiny, cute at times. Leonard - whiny and obnoxious. Howard - funniest of all. Amy - not a fan. Bernadette - maybe even more obnoxious than Leonard.

But most people love this show, so they must be doing something right

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Speaking of shows about geeks, I find the English show The IT Crowd cute and funny with likable characters.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Well you're not flawed for liking it first and foremost -- I like really cheesy and campy stuff that other people would find juvenile and terrible. I also like really dark and messed up things too that people would probably morally judge me for. I would probably judge you if you watched Fox News and believed everything they said without critical thought, but a comedy? No. I highly doubt this show is like the height of your personal taste that you sustain yourself on. It could just be that you associate yourself with the nerdy themes more or less and you feel a certain emotional attachment to it. It's quite common for people to feel a bit insecure about something they feel they identify with to some degree -- like I get a little bit pissed when people talk shit about Nintendo games I enjoyed when I was younger. Nostalgia can be powerful that way.

That being said, I think people do create bonds by finding common interests/likes and maybe the feeling of difference that comes with disagreement can feel alienating?

My guess is that you were using or quasi-using Se, since it probably wasn't conscious, in trying to get me to stop stating my opinion in this thread in order to validate the emotion you have for the show. Obviously in the context of what I wrote I didn't mean I am allowed to bully people or say things that are totally inappropriate -- more that opinions are opinions and people who try to stop me from stating them will get shut down. Perhaps my response was a PoLR hit as they say?

Maybe you don't share my opinions about the show but regarding what you said about Nintendo games, you have felt pissed when people talked shit about them. So you should kind of know where I'm coming from. If you don't like it when people talk shit about things you like, why would you do that do others?

My motto is: "Don't do to others which you don't want dpne to yourself."

I think this might be an issue of Fi too. As an Fi role function, I have a sense of what's polite or not polite. It's a lower dimensionality 2D function though and it's kind of rigid in it's terms. To me the statement "this show is garbage" violated the terms of what's polite.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Am I the only one that doesn't hate Leonard? It seems like he gets an unfair amount of hate. Okay he's may not be quite as 'interesting' as the other characters. He's the more normal, sane one of the bunch after all.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this show funny, cute, annoying and endearing in a way. Nice video with cast interviews and clips:

ftr characters don't seem to be clear cut, but my guesses would be:
    Leonard: geeky xEI>LII (actor Fe ego)
    Penny: SEE (actress alpha SF)
    Sheldon: LII>ILE (actor EIE?)
    Amy: xNTx (actress Idk)
    Howard: ILE>IEE (actor ILE?)
    Bernadette: xSI (actress Idk)
    Raj: geeky SEI (actor ILE?)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't hate Leonard? It seems like he gets an unfair amount of hate. Okay he's may not be quite as 'interesting' as the other characters. He's the more normal, sane one of the bunch after all.
    Nah, I Leonard, he's awkward but sweet and a nice person. Makes me every now and then but still find him cute.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refer to what I said above -- if one doesn't like my opinions and infers I'm speaking holy writ or writing a law, then that's not my problem. Using "IMO" is kind of pointless in that regard if one is unable to infer beyond one's emotional reactions or attachments to see in effect something that is only an opinion...man.
    I think I don't understand what you're trying to say. More on language level, could you rephrase? (I'm serious, non-native.)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If one is so attached to one's positive emotions associated with a television show and cannot see a negative opinion without being threatened or becoming reactionary, then stating "IMO" or the like is a pointless exercise.
    (thank you)
    Hmm that's true I guess. I don't know how invested I come across. But speaking only for myself I can honestly say that what annoyed me in your initial one-liner was exactly the fact that it was stated in a general manner. Write "this show is garbage imo" and I'm like "ok".
    (This is how I personally work. It actually even got me into trouble before (long story). So I can't say for sure how other people would react, but that's how I would = not react or ask "why?" out of curiosity)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Enough of the derail.

Let's get back to typing of characters.

Sheldon: LII, with aspergers or something like it
    Leonard: SLI
    Amy: ILI
    Bernadette: I go back and forth between SEI, and ESI for her. She doesn't seem to have problems 'putting people in their place', which I would associate more with ESI. But when she's not annoyed, she seems really sweet more like SEI.
    Howard: ILE
    Howard's mom: ESE? LSE? A really overbearing one at that.
    Raj: IEI?
    Penny: SF of some sort. I go back and forth between ESE/SEE. She seems more irrational than rational, but I'm not sure she is gamma SF. Some things suggest more alpha SF- she doesn't seem as overtly aggressive as I'd expect from SEE I guess. I've even considered SEI-Fe as a possibility.

What about some of the more minor characters:
    Lucy: IEI?
    Leslie (from the first few seasons)
    Kripke:
    Stewart:
    Bernadette's father: LSI?

or add any others you can think of
    In spite of the fact that I've watched every episode, some of these characters aren't that easy to type.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Stuart may be a defeated LIE.

I really don't get why people keep suggesting Bernadette is ethical. What are they seeing that I'm not? She seems clearly logical (Ti to be specific) to me. I can't help but think it's a gender bias in typing females as ethical types. Yes, LSI seems likely for her dad. And she's just a cute, female version of him.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Joy maybe it's the cartoonish childlike voice that gives this impression in Bernadette? She's too assertive/agressive too often for SEI (at least compared to the people I know). I admit that the voice keeps me swinging between types for her. I have her as xSI although can't really give a good reasoning for her being ESI while there are more pointers to LSI. Idk

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that this is pretty on point at least for me. It probably varies for other betas, but if I don't have an outlet for my "negative" emotions I tend to feel stultified. Finding the positive side of things like alphas tend to do doesn't work and comes off as false to me. When I go on rants for example in front of my mother who is an SEI she tends to want do as you suggested -- minimize the negative emotional atmosphere. I get a bit annoyed when I feel I haven't expressed it all. As a constructivist one tendency I have is to listen to a wide variety of music with a plethora of moods -- sometimes extremely dark and dense, even tonally ambiguous, meaning multiple, sometimes conflicting tonal or atonal moods at play -- to experience those feelings well up. I listen to a lot of songs on repeat to find that outlet. This may also be a DA cognition thing -- having a suggestible personality that is sensitively affective and responsive to this sort of stimulation.
    I sometimes too, I get negative emotions on things and feel the need to rant. But for me it's not TV shows. If I don't enjoy it, I don't have a need to rant about it. I just let the others enjoy it in peace and find something that suits me better. What I do rant about though, are larger social issues in the world, bureaucracy in the workplace, or the sorry state of my job search, things like that. I tend to rant about things when I know the other person is likely to feel the same way as I do.

Regarding music, I do that too.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Sheldon ILE > LII. Disliked by many people because he says weird things aloud. LIIs, on the contrary, are usually respected by people.
    Leonard LII. A blatant hidden agenda
    Raj SEI. Does useless things just for fun.
    Howard IEE
    Bernadette SLI. Zero social intelligence, polr
    Amy LII. Nerdy but "normal" enough.
    Penny SEE. Has a warm relationship with Sheldon, but she dislikes nerdy stuff.
    Female scientist who sleeps with Leonard ESI?
    Female scientist who dislikes Sheldon ILI?
    *Sheldon ILE
    *Raj SEI
    *Leonard SLI
    *Howard IEE

They are a Socionics group (alpha-delta irrational)

Bernadette SLI
    Penny SEE
    Amy LII
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Of course most humans find sexual activity physically pleasurable. Rather, Se-egos are unlikely to pursue physical, carnal pleasure as an end in itself.
    sex isn't so mechanical and dissociative

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Amy & Sheldon
    Anyways Sheldon guy has some very bad F issues. Has a bit of narcissism and burgerism. Introverted NT. Friendship agreements etc (FTW BTW) is sign of role Fi? I don't really know. Seems rational.

Amy Farrah Fowler seems to be bit bouncy and tries very hard to be friendly but appears very needy (Fi HA). Probably irrational.

But is Sheldon actually Se PoLR?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mu4

Thread Necromancy: +1

Sheldon:

Phobic of conflict and violence. Se PoLR.
    Strict adherence to rules and logic. If it isn't logical, it isn't correct. Ti Role.
    Idiosyncratic personal routines. Te Suggestive.
    Valued personal norms for food and comfort. Si Mobilizing.
    Displays no value of relationships in public. Non-normative relationships in public. In one-on-one conversations on relationships, recognizes social norms of relationships, situationally adapts to relationships in question, gives insights on essences of those in question and implores positive relationships. Despite external appearances, is the underlying keystone to the relationships of the show. Ne Creative. Fi base.

He's an EII with his role usage taken to comical extremes.

Leonard:

Most likely LSI. Paranoias of his potentials. Beta Complex issues. Super-ego relations with sheldon.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take a shot at this.

Sheldon - Ti dominant. All other functions are weak or unvalued. Not written with the thought in mind to build an accurate representation of an actual person, I think. Ti role doesn't make sense just because of strict adherance to rules and logic, since then he would have to have an immense emotional awareness, which doesn't exist. And then you would have to rule out main ego function Ti, which is absolutely obvious.

Penny - ESE. In MBTI she would be ESFP, yeah. I've seen real SEE's and Penny is a bright alpha flower next to those people... Gammas simply have such a different vibe to them that on an alpha show like this, a gamma in the midst would be... Just much more contrasting. Or maybe the actress is so ESE, that makes me think about the character as ESE no matter how she actually behaves. Yes, to me it doesn't really matter what they write her to do.

Leonard - Ethical actor, logical character. I don't know. Maybe Ni ego since he bends easily under any pressure. Si egos don't really bend so much, they are solid.

Howard - ILE! Only one on the show I would type as my identical. Cracking one liners.

Raj - maybe SEI, but I'm not sure about this one. There's something about him that throws me off a bit, or at least makes him appear so different from the SEI's I know.

Bernadette. SF. High pitch voice and high energy, reminds me of ESE. Regular use of force to push Howard around a bit might be Se demonstrative. On what are people basing their perception that she has no social intelligence? Seems to me she has that emotional intelligence about her, that some of the things I find interesting and complicated are absolutely obvious to her.

Barry Kripke - LIE. Clearly the gamma NT of the show, the annoying rival!

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does have immense emotional awareness, though lol. He just acts like he doesn't most of the time. He's the one that actually counsels the other characters on their relationships.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    He does have immense emotional awareness, though lol. He just acts like he doesn't most of the time. He's the one that actually counsels the other characters on their relationships.
    But he keeps offending other people, keeps acting against the best interest of his relations with others. He is adept at stating what he himself wants (so is my LII friend), but when he doesn't get it, he behaves in an emotionally immature way. The last thing he does, is take others into account. Seeing himself as superior to others is something an EII would probably never do, because that is a major ethical violation.

It also seems to me that EII's are more concerned about issues such as gender equality and public education than theoretic physics. Also, this is such an alpha show that I think typing any character outside alpha quadra is a bit of a stretch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neneth View Post
    But he keeps offending other people, keeps acting against the best interest of his relations with others. He is adept at stating what he himself wants (so is my LII friend), but when he doesn't get it, he behaves in an emotionally immature way. The last thing he does, is take others into account. Seeing himself as superior to others is something an EII would probably never do, because that is a major ethical violation.

It also seems to me that EII's are more concerned about issues such as gender equality and public education than theoretic physics. Also, this is such an alpha show that I think typing any character outside alpha quadra is a bit of a stretch.
    What you're describing as Fi base is normative Fi.

EII wouldn't see himself as superior to others? EII basically has God Complex. Have you read the Delta Quadra Complex article by strat? Or the EII/LSE Dual Pair article by strat? Most of what you're describing is more like Fe Ignoring.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you're describing as Fi base is normative Fi.

EII wouldn't see himself as superior to others? EII basically has God Complex. Have you read the Delta Quadra Complex article by strat? Or the EII/LSE Dual Pair article by strat? Most of what you're describing is more like Fe Ignoring.
    After reading about normative Ti, you might just be right.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading about normative Ti, you might just be right.
    Check the ones for normative Fi as well. If someone has Role Xy, they will have those things most time in social sphere. LII and LSI both have the social appearance of normal relationships. The rest of what I wrote in my original post on Sheldon also fits. He's just a comical level of over-super-ego EII. Only EII and LII are even possible due to his conflict phobias.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check the ones for normative Fi as well. If someone has Role Xy, they will have those things most time in social sphere. LII and LSI both have the social appearance of normal relationships. The rest of what I wrote in my original post on Sheldon also fits. He's just a comical level of over-super-ego EII. Only EII and LII are even possible due to his conflict phobias.
    True that, Sheldon's relationship behavior is very abnormal. And kind of brave as well, compared to the LII I know. I watched the newest episode last night, thinking "What if he's EII?" And it was hard to unsee... LII or EII, totally agree with you about Se POLR. Two options for typing him.
    Last edited by Neneth; 01-10-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True that, Sheldon's relationship behavior is very abnormal. And kind of brave as well, compared to the LII I know. I watched the newest episode last night, thinking "What if he's EII?" And it was hard to unsee... LII or EII, totally agree with you about Se POLR. Two options for typing him.
    To see his type, you have to view the series as a whole, like "the world" of the characters, including the characters developments. If you did a marathon from start to finish, and think "what if Sheldon is the only reason any of these people have relationships, and he is the one taking care of such on a level so intricate that most can't see it?...." You won't be able to un-see "EII."

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To see his type, you have to view the series as a whole, like "the world" of the characters, including the characters developments. If you did a marathon from start to finish, and think "what if Sheldon is the only reason any of these people have relationships, and he is the one taking care of such on a level so intricate that most can't see it?...." You won't be able to un-see "EII."
    His TV show, "Fun with Flags", is also Te-valuing. Building from this, could LSE make sense for Amy Farrah-Fowler? When it comes to sensing business, I think it's Amy who takes care of it. And very much in a Si-way. She does pay attention to the environment, lights candles, etc. Tries to make Sheldon comfortable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His TV show, "Fun with Flags", is also Te-valuing. Building from this, could LSE make sense for Amy Farrah-Fowler? When it comes to sensing business, I think it's Amy who takes care of it. And very much in a Si-way. She does pay attention to the environment, lights candles, etc. Tries to make Sheldon comfortable.
    Not sure. Hadn't gone through and looked at all the other characters in depth. (plus I haven't had cable for a year)

In general, though, you will find with long-running sitcoms, that most of the core characters go through the Quadra progression cycle. If shows didn't do this, and stuck to the same Quadra, the show wouldn't be interesting, because there wouldn't be any internal confliction to drive the story forward. For instance, notice I typed Leonard as probably LSI, everyone thinks penny is probably SEE, and I type Sheldon as EII. Howard may be ILE. That gives the Supervision ring as the main story progression. As another example, take the show Seinfeld. At first glance, one would want to put the 4 leads as the same Quadra, but then the story would just sit still, and alienate most of the audience. Instead, the 4 main characters are probably a Supervision ring.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon is most definitely a gamma NT - ILI fits him well
    Leonard - EII
    Penny - SEE
    Raj - SEI
    Howard - ILE
    Amy - SLI
    Bernadeth - ESE

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Sheldon is most definitely a gamma NT - ILI fits him well
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallly don't think so.

Agreed with Penny as SEE.

I think leonard is LSI-- as per the LSIs Ive met in real life (one of which i, admittedly, had at first typed EII)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leonard is paranoid about his potential and being good enough, usually linked to Relationships. He's always so worried that who he is isn't good enough for the relationship he wants. Ne PoLR. Fi Role. LSI.

Howard on the other hand has the tendency to be paranoid that no one likes him, yet places strong emphasis on social appearances. Fi PoLR. Se Role. ILE. He's basically a nerd Johnny Bravo lol

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

On second thought: Bernadette ESE, Penny SEE, Howard ILE, Raj SEI, Sheldon LII, Leonard still untypable (EII?).

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    On second thought: Bernadette ESE, Penny SEE, Howard ILE, Raj SEI, Sheldon LII, Leonard still untypable (EII?).
    Raj has a few phobias and neurosis related things, not really sure what they would classify as, though.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would change my Sheldon typing to ILI. There is just too little room Fe in his psyche and not remotely receptive to it. For example not understanding external expressions at all. Introverted Fi valuers might look like that at times. Hard to imagine if this is can be true in real humans. Fe PoLR maximized.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon: ILE
    Amy: LII
    Leonard: LII
    Howard: IEE
    Penny: SEE
    Raj: SEI
    Bernadette: SLI
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Sheldon as more of an SLI-Te than anything. Logical type, not Fx-DS but Fx-Polr, not an aggressor/victim, acts like an infantile on the surface but is really a dutiful caretaker --> SLI, but ILE would be my second guess.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    I see Sheldon as more of an SLI-Te than anything. Logical type, not Fx-DS but Fx-Polr, not an aggressor/victim, acts like an infantile on the surface but is really a dutiful caretaker --> SLI, but ILE would be my second guess.
    Sheldon: LSE-Si. Clear-cut rational type. Ej > Ij temperament, logical, sensing and Si-valuing but with very good Se and will defend his views against anyone. Very bad 1D Ni as shown throughout the show when he's been unable to see how events unfold and is uncomfortable with time. Values Fi and intermate bonds but does not know how to manage them and therefore greatly respects this quality of his benefactor (Penny, SEE). His role Fe may make him appear to be a type from one of the merry quadras but Sheldon has no problem bringing about a serious mood and "spoiling" things.
    Amy: LII.
    Penny: SEE.
    Howard: ILE.
    Raj: SEI.
    Leonard: Ip temperament, probably IEI.
    Bernadette: Sensor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon- ILE
    Howard- IEE
    Leonard- IEI
    Raj- SEI
    Penny- SEE
    Bernadette- ESI
    Priya- ESTx
    Amy- ILE
    Sheldon mother's- xSE
    Leonard mother's- IxTx
    Last edited by Shining; 04-16-2018 at 08:20 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheldon is definitely a NT type with having Aspergers.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 03-30-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    I would change my Sheldon typing to ILI. There is just too little room Fe in his psyche and not remotely receptive to it. For example not understanding external expressions at all. Introverted Fi valuers might look like that at times. Hard to imagine if this is can be true in real humans. Fe PoLR maximized.
    I always saw him as a classic case of Fe PoLR. Similar to Albert Rosenfield. I do see Sheldon as SLI though. Or potentially LSE. He seems to have strong Sensing and overflowing and valued Si. Like him recording his bowel movements, for example. Or the house guest they had whom he asked if she had had bowel movements that morning, and she said no, she didn't have a bowel movement that morning even though she ate the yoghurt that's supposed to promote bowel movements.
    I also see Te of course. Him giving others a bunch of boring, useless facts. Like "Did you know that tomatoes ojsghnkdnansdfhuthks" "Did you know that the step is giwsifogninfgidiifeigoeirnri" That sort of thing.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast