Thread: Do subtypes affect dimensionality?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Do subtypes affect dimensionality?

Last edited by necrosebud; 10-27-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

no dimensions and no subtypes in Socionics

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    no dimensions and no subtypes in Socionics
    Explain no dimensions.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If subtype affects dimensionality the sociotype would change. Therefore we wouldnt be talking about "subtypes" anymore but the whole "type" instead.

As example Dimensionality goes like this:
    SLI
    4DSi
    3DTe
    2DNi
    1DFe
    1DNe
    2DFi
    3DSe
    4DTi

If you change the dimensionality of those you wouldnt have an SLI anymore but a different type.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psych View Post
    Right but I have seen claims of changing the dimensionality by adding or subtracting .5 for example so it’s still technically the same type and I don’t really get what “2.5 dimensionality” is supposed to mean for example
    The idea is that when looking at subtypes you are adding to the strength of a subset of functions, while subtracting from a subset of others:

Using @Tommy 's example

Look at the dimensionality difference for each subtype (SLI-Si vs SLI-Te)

SLI Si Te
    4DSi 4.5 3.5
    3DTe 2.5 3.5
    2DNi 1.5 2.5
    1DFe 1.5 0.5
    1DNe 0.5 1.5
    2DFi 2.5 1.5
    3DSe 3.5 2.5
    4DTi 3.5 4.5

why mistypings may happen. ex: look at the SLI-Te 's 4.5DTi.... Can lead to mistakingly type as an LSI
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 10-03-2020 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 4th dimension is of time but there's no 5th dimension - so what does 4.5 D mean? Can you have half a dimension, what does that mean in practice?
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post

What is this numbers thing?

It just means that strengths and weaknesses exist ona spectrum relative to one's own psyche....The numbers (+,-) are there to simply illustrate this relativity.

Kinda reminds me of the MBTI % score strengths of each function, a spectrum or think of it as shades of a particular color.

In addition,

When it comes to socionics dimensionality,

You can look at it as how easy it is for you to develop abilities in that area and maybe how confident you are with that area. Again, like a spectrum:

(Greater than) 4 D: “I know my shit.”
    (Greater than) 3 D: “I am rather good at this.”
    Greater than 2 D: ”I can handle this.”
    Less than 2 D: “I think I need help.”
    (Less than) 1D: “I don’t know I need (a lot of) help.”

So lets say you're trying to type someone, and you were looking at a questionnaire they filled out, you'd compare his functions amongst him/herself and not compared to a different person.

As for the 5th dimension ??? I have no idea

Last edited by Computer Loser; 10-03-2020 at 02:01 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the 4th dimension is of time but there's no 5th dimension - so what does 4.5 D mean? Can you have half a dimension, what does that mean in practice?
    It means that you are a superhuman.

Did you read it from a socionist? If not then mb we shouldn't take it too seriously.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have thought about having a partial dimension but then even I couldn't fool myself to make it sound. There are projections from m to n for instance like in computer graphics but even those deal with integers. You can restrict the dimension in terms of access in R for instance... but it still remains an integer even if it is a point in its own dimension and nothing else. Please, do not use half dimension if you can not explain it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've wondered the same

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If subtype affects dimensionality the sociotype would change. Therefore we wouldnt be talking about "subtypes" anymore but the whole "type" instead.

As example Dimensionality goes like this:
    SLI
    4DSi
    3DTe
    2DNi
    1DFe
    1DNe
    2DFi
    3DSe
    4DTi

If you change the dimensionality of those you wouldnt have an SLI anymore but a different type.

so then the "other type" that is not a pure SLI is basically a "subtype" since all the dimensionalities are being adjusted in proportion to the others.. ?

I sort of agree with the arguments of people who don't believe in subtype, but IRL i definitely observe individuals who of the same type who have different accentuations, so.. i'm not sure what to think

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I've wondered the same

so then the "other type" that is not a pure SLI is basically a "subtype" since all the dimensionalities are being adjusted in proportion to the others.. ?

I sort of agree with the arguments of people who don't believe in subtype, but IRL i definitely observe individuals who of the same type who have different accentuations, so.. i'm not sure what to think
    As psych said, how could an element exist in the 4.5 dimension? I suspect ppl who try to understand subtype in that way is basically missing what dimensionality means. Then if someone says 'is not about .5, is about +1 or -1', then you are literally talking about a different type. Thats why I don't think subtypes are about dimensionality of the elements but just the usual behavior in groups or society(as Gulenko explains).

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    The idea is that when looking at subtypes you are adding to the strength of a subset of functions, while subtracting from a subset of others:

Using @Tommy 's example

Look at the dimensionality difference for each subtype (SLI-Si vs SLI-Te)

SLI Si Te
    4DSi 4.5 3.5
    3DTe 2.5 3.5
    2DNi 1.5 2.5
    1DFe 1.5 0.5
    1DNe 0.5 1.5
    2DFi 2.5 1.5
    3DSe 3.5 2.5
    4DTi 3.5 4.5

In this light, we can see why mistypings may happen. For example, look at the SLI-Te 's 4.5DTi.... Can lead to mistakingly type as an LSI
    SO if there's an SLI-Te, it means that the Si and Te exist on the same equality? (3.5, 3.5) and the Ti is actually stronger? And an Si-SLI is the basic, typical one? (Stronger Si, weaker Te and similar par Ti?) That explains a lot.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    SO if there's an SLI-Te, it means that the Si and Te exist on the same equality? (3.5, 3.5) and the Ti is actually stronger? And an Si-SLI is the basic, typical one? (Stronger Si, weaker Te and similar par Ti?) That explains a lot.
    How would demonstrative ever be greater than lead? Lead leads. Also wouldn't creative subtype remind one more of mirror than quasi, which would then have to involve flipping all of the unconscious and conscious functions as well as temperament? Strengthening of creative leading to strengthening of demonstrative is also debatable. For example SEE-Se are more gregarious/territorial (mostly associated with strengthened Fe and Te) than SEE-Fi usually imo. SEE-Fi can be glamorous socialites but that seems like a slight focus more on F in general than strengthened Fe. The spotlight is moved rather than the brightness turning up imo

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    How would demonstrative ever be greater than lead? Lead leads. Also wouldn't creative subtype remind one more of mirror than quasi, which would then have to involve flipping all of the unconscious and conscious functions as well as temperament? Strengthening of creative leading to strengthening of demonstrative is also debatable. For example SEE-Se are more gregarious/territorial (mostly associated with strengthened Fe and Te) than SEE-Fi usually imo. SEE-Fi can be glamorous socialites but that seems like a slight focus more on F in general than strengthened Fe. The spotlight is moved rather than the brightness turning up imo
    I guess that make sense. I think I am SEE-Se. That's what I thought but this thing here is confusing me:

4DSi 4.5 3.5
    3DTe 2.5 3.5
    2DNi 1.5 2.5
    1DFe 1.5 0.5
    1DNe 0.5 1.5
    2DFi 2.5 1.5
    3DSe 3.5 2.5
    4DTi 3.5 4.5
    What is this numbers thing?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoViD Spurdo 007 View Post
    I have thought about having a partial dimension but then even I couldn't fool myself to make it sound. There are projections from m to n for instance like in computer graphics but even those deal with integers. You can restrict the dimension in terms of access in R for instance... but it still remains an integer even if it is a point in its own dimension and nothing else. Please, do not use half dimension if you can not explain it.
    Fractional spatial dimensions seem to be possible, at least in theory. I don't understand the theory, though.

SLI-Si is SLI-SEI aka Alpha subtype, and SLI-Te is SLI-ILI aka Gamma subtype.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquichiquaquiles View Post
    SLI-Si is SLI-SEI aka Alpha subtype, and SLI-Te is SLI-ILI aka Gamma subtype.
    SLI-Te would be more like LSE-Si than ILI. Si is stronger in LSE than ILI.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If so, how? What does a ".5" or 1.5 and so on ... dimensionality mean?
    The points for subtypes has been invented by the guy who runs sociotype.com website. His denotations are not used anywhere else is socionics community. He's introduced them apparently to show the extent or likelihood of the person taking the test being of a particular subtype.

Dimensionality is something that describes the functions of your model A and placement of IEs there. The functions and the placement of IEs are not affected by any kind of subtypes, so sociotype's ".5 1.5" etc. denotations have no effect on function D's.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this is not from a socionist but it says the dimensions are affected due to subtypes:https://typevolution.com/2016/08/28/...hs-weaknesses/
    that's @Olimpia's blog, and yeah she's conflating the two whereas they are independent measures

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm. Something about the dimensionality of the functions is a bit 'too pretty' or neat. I think it's possible (for example) to maybe have a PoLR even weaker than a single dimension, receiving it you get extra irritable/emotional lol and break down and psychologically disintegrate even more so maybe it's like .6 dimensional, but then to compensate for this you could have a Role or HA function that's a bit better than normal, so it could be like 2.4 dimension to compensate. It might also explain the more interesting nuances of why you don't get along or get along with certain types 'you're not supposed' to as well. Also some types seem way better adjusted naturally , whereas others have much obvious greater weaknesses but also potential for greater gifts and some types are just really more average, rounded-out and Karen-y even within the same types. Also brings more individualism into socionics, because the idea that there's only '16 types of people' seems dumb.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I even think the guy from sociotype.com doesnt even use .5 on subtypes (at least I've never seen a result with .5). He just uses 0 (to indicate no subtype) or 1,2 and 3.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the point in partial dimensions. The demensionality should stay the same within a type to retain the integrity of the system. Subtype is a better way to explain the difference in behavior and appearance than information metabolism.