TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fault in our Stars

EDIT: Might actually be more delta.
    Last edited by wacey; 05-03-2015 at 01:03 AM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Crow
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I wasn't sure about The Dark Knight Rises (beta/gamma axis, though leaning gamma based on the style of corruption and how the characters are chronicled), but my tentative typing for Bane was Se-LSI, though I suppose I could see arguments for LIE (hard for me to see his 'rule' as that of an irrational type, let alone an IP).
    I thought of him as LIE, primarily. Though I suppose I could see him as an extremely motivated ILI, but I think that argument would require a bit more exposition as oppose to an argument for LIE. Anyway, a lot of the things he said sounded very Ni laden to me and his background story and I thought his reasons for what he was doing were more indicative of Fi along with his relation to Marion Cotillard's character.

I think it's rather hard to type fictional characters because it seems fictional characters almost have multiple layers each with their own type so it's easy to rationalize different types for each layers.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe. I saw the whole protector thing as a bit LSI-esque though (not entirely sure what type cotillard's character was, possibly IEI or ILI), in the way they kind of hold it down, and he seemed a bit too... ideologically riled for a Te type, but I can't completely rule it out. could you expand on how you see Fi? overall, his mission seemed to have a collective tinge imo. and I agree about Ni, just don't know that it wasn't simply his agenda fixation.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    The Fault in our Stars.
    FUN FACT, the guy who wrote this book is none other than Ne-EII John Green! the person whose video i linked to you the other day. the protagonists in john green novels tend to be EIIs (i've read two), although i haven't seen this movie yet.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the fault in our stars seems like something i should watch but i'm scared that i will either resent the sentimentality in it or it will make me too sad. cuz as far as i can tell from trailers and screenshots it was perfectly designed to rip my heart out.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs, you will cry several times. It's not sappy in the least, well, not anymore then reality can be. @Radio, is the protagonist in this movie an EII? Honestly, I'm not sure. I just can't see Ansel, her love interest as an LSE. I'm really trying to understand this stuff here, and feel as though I need to participate and make mistakes along the way so be it.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    maybe. I saw the whole protector thing as a bit LSI-esque though (not entirely sure what type cotillard's character was, possibly IEI or ILI), in the way they kind of hold it down, and he seemed a bit too... ideologically riled for a Te type, but I can't completely rule it out. could you expand on how you see Fi? overall, his mission seemed to have a collective tinge imo. and I agree about Ni, just don't know that it wasn't simply his agenda fixation.
    After looking back at this, I think I agree with you. I think Bane's motivations were more Ti than Fi. When I had watched the movie the first time I had figured his motivations and his plan to be more Fi just with his relation to Cotillard but, looking at it now, I think Ti is much more clear in his plan. I'm not 100% sure he wouldn't be LIE or maybe even SLE because he kind of just seems extraverted, but I think Ti over Fi for now, at least.

I'd like to watch the movie again just to reevaluate but I know that won't be happening anytime soon.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same. I was thinking on it more, and while I think there is a seemingly Fi element in his mission and relation to cotillard, the personal component isn't pronounced enough to make the former a kind of rogue renegade, or me-against-them-all vendetta, and the latter more than a resolute type protecting the weak. overall I think his motivations are a bit more ideological than a gamma, and while it isn't out of the question for an LIE to run things, I think you're a little more likely to get an LSI 'behind' a mission.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heartbreaker (2010) with Romain Duris as ESI and Vanessa Paradis as an ILI.
    "her smile has a window"

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 100% convinced that Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a Gamma movie. Ferris is SEE. Cameron is ILI. Sloan is Gamma SF (also hot).
    I've also been compared to Cameron by different people on something like 5 separate occasions, and I actually agree with them though I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Last edited by Contra; 11-29-2014 at 06:47 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Has anyone seen this british tv show? There's 5 seasons, each with 6 20 minute episodes. It's hilarious I strongly recommend it. Anyways I think the main character is ILI and his roommate is SEE. I think you Gammas would enjoy it, it's at ninjavideo.net
    Netflixed all 8 seasons of it a little while back :0

Peep Show looks quite NT gamma to me.
    The two comedians strike me pretty clearly as an ILI LIE duo from all their work in general. Their bits seem a bit too cold and intellectual for a ILI SEE pair. So I'd say for the actors themselves, we have: David Mitchell - ILI and Robert Webb - LIE. And then Peep Show in particular, Mark (Mitchell) plays out ILI and Jeremy (Webb).. maybe a LIE acting out the comedy dunce. Or, I could see Jeremy being a LIE acting as SEE, since the show is written more from Mark's perspective and that's kind of the behavior Mark would be looking for/focused towards.

A clip for the curious:

For a gamma SF duo in comedy I'd refer to Key and Peele :)
    I'd say: Key (tall and skinnier) - ESI and Peele - SEE. Cute guys with humor that's a bit dark.

Last edited by may; 10-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 10 Things I Hate About You

Gamma movie: modern Taming of the Shrew remake, by Shakespeare.

Main characters:
    (Duality)
    Patrick Vernona..........Ni-LIE
    Kat Stratford...............Se-ESI

(Supervision)
    Kat Stratford...............Supervisee
    Bianca Stratford (Fi-IEE)..........Supervisor

(Duality)
    Cameron James..............Si-SLI
    Bianca Stratford...............Fi-IEE

(Supervision)
    Kat Stratford................Supervisor
    Joey Donner (Se-SLE)...........Supervisee

Other Characters
    Walter Stratford...........(Si-LSE)
    Micheal.......................(ILI/LSE/LII?)
    Ms. Perky...................(ESE?)
    Mandella....................(EII?)

Kat, the ESI main protagonist is the Shrew. Her sister, Bianca, is Kat's supervisor. I know, it doesn't seem like it, but Bianca always convinces Kat to let go and learn to trust other people. Patrick Verona is the LIE, originally paid by the SLE, Joey, to date Bianca's sister Kat so that Joey is allowed to date Bianca. LSE Walter is the father of Bianca and Kat, he won't allow either of them to date untill they are graduated from highschool. But, he just changed his rules, they may date, if Kat the older sister dates first, an unlikely scenario judging by her prickly personality. The plan unfolds with Cameron the SLI helping LIE Patrick to successfully court ESI Kat which was no easy task. Patrick is the charming, clever, witty, positivist who ends up melting Kats rough exterior, but she is a sensitive person with a heart of gold. Patrick lies many times to Kat, who won't for a second stand for it. She is very intelligent, moody, and athletic. Patrick tries to maintain a bad boy image. Throughout the movie Kat supervises the self absorbed Joey. Bianca dates Joey, but finds out how he really is not interested in her as a person, unlike SLI Cameron, who jumped through all kinds of hoops to get Bianca to notice him (rides home from parties, help with homework, help getting his Benefit partner, the ESI Kat to start dating so her sister is free). Sexy LIE Patrick ends up falling for the sporty, yet anti-social (she has her reasons) ESI Kat. Twisted Fi plot driven story. I have included a link to the entire movie, watch it and judge for yourself. This has got to be ESI/LIE duality......

Trailer:

Save yourself some time and watch the cliff notes:
    Last edited by wacey; 05-03-2015 at 01:01 AM.

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ideae View Post
    I am getting gamma vibes from the legend of korra. It's all very serious, political and businesslike, familial bonds and relationships are very important, and the heroes deal with and fix problems caused by beta groups and individuals.
    Yes, Korra is more than likely gamma. The protagonist, Korra, is a SEE without much social skills in the beginning due to being confined in one area for most of her life, prone to quick and rash judgment, lack of impulse control and considering the consequences of her actions, etc. Not sure who else in the main cast is Gamma type (Asami could be ESI, maybe), but her mentor ever so happens to be conflictor, which is interesting (Tenzin - LII). The villains are Beta extremists who take their ideologies too far and lack balance.

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus The Foundation's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotham seems fairly Gamma.

Person of Interest seems heavily Gamma with Beta influences.
    Have a different opinion on my type? Message me or tell me.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vers View Post
    Yes, Korra is more than likely gamma. The protagonist, Korra, is a SEE without much social skills in the beginning due to being confined in one area for most of her life, prone to quick and rash judgment, lack of impulse control and considering the consequences of her actions, etc. Not sure who else in the main cast is Gamma type (Asami could be ESI, maybe), but her mentor ever so happens to be conflictor, which is interesting (Tenzin - LII). The villains are Beta extremists who take their ideologies too far and lack balance.
    Korra is SLE 8w7 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-ILI, 5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Korra is SLE 8w7 sx/so
    Why SLE > SEE? That's what I originally thought while watching S1, but I thought gamma values, Fi creative and Ti polr fit better (the enneagram looks solid).

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This must be a SEE one because my Mom's SEE day-sitter could not stop watching this movie:
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cinderella

My ESI Mom liked this movie, and also did a series of Cinderella drawings for her high school yearbook.. so manybe its an ESI movie...

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great film.

I don't care it has bad reviews, its an enjoyable bit of fluff.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Drop- I'm a huge fan of this movie right now. The 3 main characters seem to be Gamma with the main 'bad guy' as LSI.

Enemy- Also really big on this movie. 2 main characters seems like different incarnations of an ENTj to me.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh look, more gritty depressing movies shuttled into gamma.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh look, more gritty depressing movies shuttled into gamma.
    I had to combat your efforts somehow.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck you, @wacey

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra

I know you were just joking, still, in the future if you want to talk to me like a person, you address me like a person. Skip the f-yous. Deal?

I will take a look at A Most Violent Year when I have some time. Seeing that the protagonist is now your avatar, its easy to say you identify with him personally as well as being representative of an ENTj. Seeing in the preview that he is married I think its safe to assume she's his dual wife. And overall the film speaks for the quadra values of four discrete personality types and all the subtle dichotomy nuances that goes with four personality types and their inter-type relationships. Overall you are saying the movie represents real to life inter types and archetype themes that are often associated with gamma quadra, correct?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra

I know you were just joking, still, in the future if you want to talk to me like a person, you address me like a person. Skip the f-yous. Deal?
    Sorry. I had no intention to offend you.

I will take a look at A Most Violent Year when I have some time. Seeing that the protagonist is now your avatar, its easy to say you identify with him personally as well as being representative of an ENTj. Seeing in the preview that he is married I think its safe to assume she's his dual wife. And overall the film speaks for the quadra values of four discrete personality types and all the subtle dichotomy nuances that goes with four personality types and their inter-type relationships. Overall you are saying the movie represents real to life inter types and archetype themes that are often associated with gamma quadra, correct?
    Sure. Main character is likely ENTj (SEE is a possibility also but less likely). His wife is also probably ESI. The other characters are a bit harder to evaluate. The values reflected in the movie and espoused by the protagonists seem Gamma. It has somewhat similar themes (and overall feel) to that of the Godfather. Only check the movie out if you actually want to see it. My mention of you along with the trailer was not a recommendation. It's just another gritty crime thriller that I'd figure you'd deem depressing so I posted it as a joke, hence the fuck-you (but who knows, maybe you'd like it). My avatars have less to do with me identifying with the characters and more to do with keeping up with the theme of highly motivated protagonists (or anti-heroes in the past two cases). I only identify with the highly motivated part. I suppose in this case I relate to more aspects of the main character but that wasn't the reason in choosing Abel as my avatar.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra

Its all good, you did not offend me what-so-ever. I didn't even mind it really, cause I knew you were just joking about the gritty dramas. You don't even need to apologize for it (I also hate apologizing for stupid things were no harm was meant, nor intended). Just, don't do it again

So I watched halfway through the movie before I fell asleep. Its a good show, I can also see LIE for the main guy. At the start of the movie his wife reminds him that they have no more money left, and he says something along the lines of "I know ".

These risky ventures also bother me, but it is better to trust the ones you love, and pick up the pieces afterwards. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I kept waiting for the ice to melt with the women. Kept waiting for some signs of vulnerability, anything that could connect. Kept waiting for some reciprocation between her and her husband. I haven't seen the end of the movie so I don't know if this happens, but so far, she seems like a Se-ESI I guess.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra

Its all good, you did not offend me what-so-ever. I didn't even mind it really, cause I knew you were just joking about the gritty dramas. You don't even need to apologize for it (I also hate apologizing for stupid things were no harm was meant, nor intended). Just, don't do it again

So I watched halfway through the movie before I fell asleep. Its a good show, I can also see LIE for the main guy. At the start of the movie his wife reminds him that they have no more money left, and he says something along the lines of "I know ".

These risky ventures also bother me, but it is better to trust the ones you love, and pick up the pieces afterwards. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Yeah, I'd not have a hard time taking a ton of risk if I didn't have a family but that would be pretty gut-wrenching if I ran out of money with mouths to feed.

I kept waiting for the ice to melt with the women. Kept waiting for some signs of vulnerability, anything that could connect. Kept waiting for some reciprocation between her and her husband. I haven't seen the end of the movie so I don't know if this happens, but so far, she seems like a Se-ESI I guess.
    I was waiting for the same through the first half of the movie. I won't spoil anything. Their relationship looked like a power struggle and a bit unhealthy to me. I thought it might be SEE- ILI relationship for the first half of the movie because she seems to feel the need to regulate his behavior a bit and give him advice, but as the movie goes forward the more the relationship looks more like gamma rational duality, in my opinion. I think the movie probably seems slow to most but I thought it was a pretty straight-forward crime drama with powerful themes, which I appreciate. Overall I thought it was a quality movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    lol, think that movie led to my username..
    Ah so the truth comes out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I'm 100% convinced that Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a Gamma movie. Ferris is SEE. Cameron is ILI. Sloan is Gamma SF (also hot).
    Dunno, Cameron is too much of a doormat and Ferris is such a fucking prick that does't really care about his friends. Throughout the movie I just wanted Cameron to finally go and punch him.

edit:
    Gamma SFs, the Politicans (ESFP) and Conservators (ISFJ), are masters of exploiting interpersonal relations to ensure they get what *they* want at minimal personal cost
    Actually that is rather fitting. (link)

He's still a brat that needs to get punched tho lol.
    Last edited by your mudda; 04-02-2015 at 12:31 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebranddd View Post
    Dunno, Cameron is too much of a doormat and Ferris is such a fucking prick that does't really care about his friends. Throughout the movie I just wanted Cameron to finally go and punch him.

edit:

Actually that is rather fitting. (link)

He's still a brat that needs to get punched tho lol.
    haha damn, maybe you are LII. Ferris was obviously selfish but I thought the interplay between him and cameron was pretty funny. I've known SEEs who manipulate in a really similar way to Ferris. Only when SEEs are immature and maybe just immoral do they get to be as manipulative as Ferris though, and Cameron's obviously an unhealthy Gamma NT (not sure which one he is anymore). I actually really liked Ferris, but I don't know how you would put up with his shit for very long at least in Cameron's position. Though I'm sure there has been worse gamma duality.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A most violent year is ESE (male lead) and SEI.

Wanna-be tough guy vibe, certainly... Just dunno where you peeeople see Ni/Se at all.

Gammas argue a lot. In movies. In threads (not just this thread..most threads). Intense group of folks.
    Last edited by blackburry; 04-02-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE-ni 8w7contraflow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hunger games: (even most of the actors seems to be gamma).

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the characters are mainly gamma SF's, (with an appearance of an ENTj at some point.)
    partying and robbing a bank = gamma, apparently.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast