User Tag List

Thread: ESFJ married to INTJ 14 years!!!

Red face ESFJ married to INTJ 14 years!!!

what...jpg The look I make when he shows no compassion..... Hi all, m.y name is Rachel. I am obsessed with personality types. I think it is so fascinating. I am just recently learning of my husband's INTJ quirks, and why for so long I just thought he was emotionally damaged. I study Psychology/Social Work in school, but hope to become somehow involved with helping others understand these differences

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome. Keep that look on standby, you could need it ;D
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the16t

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I too have an intj friend who has been martied to his esfj for two decades. Welcome
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to learn about the Indian emperor Ashoka The Great, whom I think was a LII. He conquered Kalinga, a neighbor nation at the expense of 100,000 lives. Then, when he arrived to the scene to celebrate his victory, he saw a devastated city with dead bodies and burning buildings all over the place. Women, elder, children; his army made no discrimination at all. Then, I think, he realized the enormous difference between having a theoretical understanding of politics and reality. He later embraced the teachings of Buddha and set himself the goal to spread Buddhism all over the world. His empire was the first place in the entire Earth to offer, not only public health care, but also veterinary clinics to assist animals as well. He could be credited, at least in big part, to the Indian tradition of refusal to hurt animals for any reason.

Makes you to think about the deep capacity of introverted logicals ("cold blooded") for compassion and such. And the great responsibility of their duals to unlock it.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    You might want to learn about the Indian emperor Ashoka The Great, whom I think was a LII. He conquered Kalinga, a neighbor nation at the expense of 100,000 lives. Then, when he arrived to the scene to celebrate his victory, he saw a devastated city with dead bodies and burning buildings all over the place. Women, elder, children; his army made no discrimination at all. Then, I think, he realized the enormous difference between having a theoretical understanding of politics and reality. He later embraced the teachings of Buddha and set himself the goal to spread Buddhism all over the world. His empire was the first place in the entire Earth to offer, not only public health care, but also veterinary clinics to assist animals as well. He could be credited, at least in big part, to the Indian tradition of refusal to hurt animals for any reason.

Makes you to think about the deep capacity of introverted logicals ("cold blooded") for compassion and such. And the great responsibility of their duals to unlock it.
    That has to do with the Alpha view of the ideal society.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html