View Poll Results: What type was Albert Einstein?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

8 40.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

5 25.00%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 5.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

4 20.00%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 10.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 5.00%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Albert Einstein

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Energy levels fluctuate and from my observation you can have two people of the same socionic type with, say, different enneatypes, or different social introversion/extraversion levels and you will end up with people with very different temperaments/energy levels.
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein = ILE-Ti

I'm very confident of this typing.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII-Ne

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, so figured i would resurrect this one (though apparently Agni beat me to it! )

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/al...-ignore-haters

In November 1911, Marie Skłodowska-Curie was weeks away from being awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry. She received her first Nobel in 1903 for Physics, and the new award meant that she was the first person ever to receive two Prizes. She remains the only person to be recognized in two different sciences. Though her extraordinary work as a scientist should have been all anyone cared about, it seemed that many were preoccupied with her personal life.

Pierre Curie died in 1906, leaving Marie as a widow. A few years later, she became romantically involved with physicist Paul Langevin, who had been a doctoral student of Pierre’s. Though Langevin was separated from his wife, they were still technically married. The relationship caused troubles in the Langevin home, but that was nothing compared to what was about to spill over into the public eye.

Curie, Langevin, and about 20 other scientists were invited to an elite, invitation-only conference in Brussels in the fall of 1911. During this time, love letters between Curie and Langevin had been given to members of the media by Langevin’s wife, who portrayed Curie as an evil homewrecker. When Curie returned home to France after the conference, she was greeted by a mob that surrounded her house and terrified Curie’s daughters, who were only 7 and 14 years old at the time. Curie and her daughters temporarily moved in with a friend until the scandal died down.

Albert Einstein—who had just recently been introduced to Curie at the Brussels conference—was disgusted by the media’s actions, prompting him to write this letter to his new friend:

Translation: Haters gonna hate.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI's are assholes, but not socially retarded. They're assholes on purpose and they can charm on purpose.
    LII's are socially retarded, but seem charming because their charm makes them look innocent. They charm with childish weirdness.

Einstein was definitely a charming, kid-aura social retard. I read up on him.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the ILI vote was a mistake, just ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by lapa83 View Post
    ILI's are assholes, but not socially retarded. They're assholes on purpose and they can charm on purpose.
    Sounds to me like a IEI

TIM
    IEI; 2w1sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    the ILI vote was a mistake, just ignore it
    Sounds to me like a IEI
    It's a struggle(while it comes naturally to the IEI), but mature well rounded ILIs are people you can't tell they're ILI unless they drop their guard.
    And ILI's can act. It's forced and looks a bit sociopathic if their Fe is virtually non-existent, but the ones I saw still acted well.

I'm saying compared to LII, they do better with overall handling of emotion/ethics since they ARE much more emotional after all.
    I didn't mean to paint them as Fe users. ^^'

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII's are socially retarded, but seem charming because their charm makes them look innocent. They charm with childish weirdness.

It's a struggle(while it comes naturally to the IEI), but mature well rounded ILIs are people you can't tell they're ILI unless they drop their guard.
    And ILI's can act. It's forced and looks a bit sociopathic if their Fe is virtually non-existent, but the ones I saw still acted well.

I'm saying compared to LII, they do better with overall handling of emotion/ethics since they ARE much more emotional after all.
    I didn't mean to paint them as Fe users. ^^'
    I definitely agree with you. What I've noticed about myself is that, when I'm with large groups, I can be almost like a performer. I'm actually pretty gregarious but I can say things that are also rude. It's very uncontrolled, but I can definitely get everyone laughing. When I get one on one with someone I can't be nearly as entertaining. I just have to supplant that by being genuine with the person. That's what I've noticed about Fe egos is that they can always act how they are supposed to act. They may not always be the most entertaining person in a group but they hardly ever make an ass out of themselves and they know how to be entertaining in one on one conversation. I think that really helps in very formal occasions where you need to impress the person such as job fairs or rushing for a fraternity: areas where I generally don't succeed. When you put rules/boundaries on my social interaction I always fail. Not exactly the right thread for this but whatever.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default On the Wives of Einstein.

Einstein had several wives. Last one was his dual.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One must have been the same type as him lol and the last was indeed his dual
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

more info

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

according to this Einstein was of a causal-determinist thinking style, which among the NTs belongs to only one type - ILE

"Dialectical thinking best corresponds to the quantum-probabilistic worldview of modern physics. According to this paradigm, there are no immutable laws, only tendencies and probabilities. Quantum Mechanics is built on the counterintuitive principle of particle-wave duality, according to which microcosmic objects behave as particles and as waves. Two of the 20th century's greatest physicists disputed over this view—Albert Einstein and Neils Bohr. The former defended causal-determinism as the nature of the universe, the latter advocated a probabilistic ontology. In the aftermath, Bohr won. Though apart from its historical context, the dispute makes little sense, given that these cognitive forms are dual to one other."

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII 5w4 so/sp

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Einstein is 100% alpha NT. I'm not going to argue whether I think he is LII or ILE, all I can say is people often tell me I remind them of einstein. Whatever I am, einstein can't be far off.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The way he fixated on a needle of a compass has made me to drift away from ILE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    ILEs aren’t into phallic objects?

Ironically you as an ILE are fixating on this tiny detail from a tiny part of his entire career here...

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    ILEs aren’t into phallic objects?

Ironically you as an ILE are fixating on this tiny detail from a tiny part of his entire career here...
    It is called detecting a contradiction which occurs because it happened in realm that is not in mental wandering plane but out there plane. Once this happens it returns False for ILE. Otherwise 0=1.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is called detecting a contradiction which occurs because it happened in realm that is not in mental wandering plane but out there plane. Once this happens it returns False for ILE. Otherwise 0=1.
    Have to remember that aspects of reality we have grown up with as “out there” didn’t exist before him. They only existed in mental wanderings pioneered by him.

It’s just like how you look at objects out there (people) and then psychoanalyze them and find patterns with socionics.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Have to remember that aspects of reality we have grown up with as “out there” didn’t exist before him. They only existed in mental wanderings pioneered by him.

It’s just like how you look at objects out there (people) and then psychoanalyze them and find patterns with socionics.
    If impulse comes from outside that is Ni [read Jung] also this is also focusing on parts of an object and autism [read DSM] hence I'm thinking ILI [write this onto your forehead and read it from a mirror].
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If impulse comes from outside that is Ni [read Jung] also this is also focusing on parts of an object and autism [read DSM] hence I'm thinking ILI [write this onto your forehead and read it from a mirror].
    Lol. I think it’s possible for normal ILEs to get inspired by inanimate objects though, maybe just not you.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    according to this Einstein was of a causal-determinist thinking style, which among the NTs belongs to only one type - ILE

"Dialectical thinking best corresponds to the quantum-probabilistic worldview of modern physics. According to this paradigm, there are no immutable laws, only tendencies and probabilities. Quantum Mechanics is built on the counterintuitive principle of particle-wave duality, according to which microcosmic objects behave as particles and as waves. Two of the 20th century's greatest physicists disputed over this view—Albert Einstein and Neils Bohr. The former defended causal-determinism as the nature of the universe, the latter advocated a probabilistic ontology. In the aftermath, Bohr won. Though apart from its historical context, the dispute makes little sense, given that these cognitive forms are dual to one other."
    I'm skeptical about this approach, since I myself think in a very Vortical-Synergetic way (This manifests mentally as a rapid search for options, tests, and the subsequent screening of variants which do not yield results. It operates on basis of testing, advancing to the goal through trial and error. In a sense, it is comparable to a perpetual lab experiment in the brain.)

But I'm not
    ESE, SLI, LIE, or IEI. Or am I?
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Einstein wasn't ILE, we might just as well abandon Socionics altogether. In fact, I think an algorithm should be implemented to automatically ban anyone who claims Einstein wasn't ILE. We can agree to disagree on anyone's type, but not on Einstein's.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol. I think it’s possible for normal ILEs to get inspired by inanimate objects though, maybe just not you.
    Yes for the potential aspects how it brings up inner objects like it is so small etc not for the Ni aspects of external objects. Read Jung and praise the Jung and supervise his rotten ass off.

The inspiration for general relativity came from a similar source... from Ni read about Einstein's lyfe.

Jung about Ni.
    It holds fast to the vision, observing with the liveliest interest how the picture changes, unfolds further, and finally fades. In this way introverted intuition perceives all the background processes of consciousness with almost the same distinctness as extraverted sensation senses outer objects.
    Tell me how come Einstein was not Ni.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes for the potential aspects how it brings up inner objects like it is so small etc not for the Ni aspects of external objects. Read Jung and praise the Jung and supervise his rotten ass off.

The inspiration for general relativity came from a similar source... from Ni read about Einstein's lyfe.
    General laws are not Ni aspects

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Ni is not autism.
    a) there are different types of autism with different biological mechanisms behind them, to the point some researchers prefer to use the name autisms (plural) or refer to it as a spectrum (almost everyone nowadays actually); many of these go together with intellectual disability and problems with imagination, lacks of creativity, lacks of critical analysis skills, problems with complex associations and word games, problems with reading symbols and patterns not stated outright, generally problems with anything that is not stated outright (metaphors etc.) - many of these are simply against arguments for high Ni and/or ILI
    b) autism(s) are not exclusive to Ni doms, and not all Ni doms have autism (eg. most IEIs are fairly competent in above and social skills to add)
    c) Ni is not pure by itself, it is always accompanied by some other function(s) to be checked in balance (so to say), hence you get things like model A (B, C, Z)
    e) autism is a developmental disorder (that goes against any norms) and most socionists advise strongly against typing any people with severe disorders
    I have no respect to recognize non cognitive forms autism because it leads to socially handicapping people for "the good purpose" and contaminating science. There is no room for feelings of good will in science.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So you equate Ni to autism? Lol. I mean, freeze peach or whatever, as you imply autism is something else in your terminology.
    Not necessarily just enhanced local processing capabilities. This is how the pioneers did it. Now money has partially destroyed their hard work. I mean people are blind when they do not see that they have discovered something new and something new is not same as something old. They should be glad and give name for it and not poop on someone's litter box.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what do you make of his second wife?

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let's read about his brain here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein%27s_brain

He had a great deal parietal goodness hence Ip-ness.

The parietal lobe integrates sensory information among various modalities, including spatial sense and navigation (proprioception), the main sensory receptive area for the sense of touch in the somatosensory cortex which is just posterior to the central sulcus in the postcentral gyrus,[2] and the dorsal stream of the visual system. The major sensory inputs from the skin (touch, temperature, and pain receptors), relay through the thalamus to the parietal lobe.
    Not really a new potential hole seeker Ti for systems. He did made good enough postulates, I'll grant you that.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 08-25-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Well, what do you make of his second wife?

She looks sei but idk.

Pretty sure hes ILE ti sub

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Einstein was INTp

1) Albert Einstein was introverted

“Einstein did well in school, but he was a quiet child and kept his distance from his peers. The young Einstein preferred to build houses of cards and play with his sister at home.”

-Albert Einstein’s childhood friend
    “I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork…for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding.”
    – Albert Einstein
    2. Was uncomfortable with following the rules, for example, with the principle of absolute obedience and the military drills that dominated his school's atmosphere. (Te > Ti)

3. Often offered his thoughts on what he thought of the world + gave actual concrete solutions (Te > Ti)

4. He often tried to make his relationships with people always very positive (Fi > Fe)

5. He tended to consider possibilities/developments about people, such as how they would respond to his ideas (Ni > Ne)

6. He was very firm when it came to real world issues such as pacifism and anti-racism (Se > Si)

And of course, Einstein’s most famous thought experiment:

(Ni > Ne)

Therefore, INTp

Could be wrong though
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 08-26-2020 at 01:36 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is ILI my dud.

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    (Ni > Ne)

Therefore, INTp

Could be wrong though
    You are not wrong tho. don't worry fam, I got your back.

Btw I'm having Gulenko type me. Sent the first video yesterday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    He is ILI my dud.

You are not wrong tho. don't worry fam, I got your back.

Btw I'm having Gulenko type me. Sent the first video yesterday.
    lol nice!!!! looking forward to ur results

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social introversion is not introtim/extratim - it only correlates.
    yea im aware social introvert/extravert does not automatically equal introtim/extratim (In this case he'd be introtim/irrational bc he has Ni as his lead)…And I’m obviously using a simplistic approach (or using just a dichotomy) to typing here (It drives Te-types crazy )

First quote is about his youth (in his adulthood it's more disputable), the second one could also just relate to #democraticquadrathings (and gives you LII or ILI vibes).
    Here’s another simple, yet better defined introversion/extraversion:

If u look throughout his life, he was a deeply reflective (Ni) dude and will mostly fit under the introversion/introtim category above. You also type him as LII so the introtim is obvious here (Sorry that last part was my Ti reasoning coming out lol)

Nah, it's a dislike for Ti-Se systems, which ILEs and LIIs also do. Specifically LIIs are very uncomfortable with those Se (drilling, force) aspects. In ILIs, this dislike is more 'this Ti system doesn't make any sense at all, I'm not going to follow this lol' (and then they don't follow, but usually don't even explain why).
    Agreed. But Einstein also hated other rules within his school:

Although he got generally good grades (and was outstanding in mathematics), Einstein hated the academic high school he was sent to in Munich, where success depended on memorization and obedience to arbitrary authority. His real studies were done at home with books on mathematics, physics, and philosophy.
    I think the main point is that he hated following the rules in general to succeed in school, like u mentioned, I'm interpreting as "fuck these stupid rules, Im gonna do my own thing to learn" lol. So here we "kinda" agree.

I also think ILI would be more "rebellious" to rules compared to an LII, who would come to the conclusion through his Ti that following school-orders would be necessary.

Anecdotally, I also recall a female INTp coworker that hated memorizing the sales lines we had and she preferred to improv instead.

You would have to list more specific examples and go into details: don't go with 'often', state a lengthy list of examples here. I also don't think it's necessarily Te > Ti in preference overall.
    I usually tell people to look it up, but just for u… Here are some of his concrete contributions (Te)

1. His many contributions to theoretical physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect. (A little off topic but the photoelectric effect is very important for our daily life. It is the basis for photosynthesis, which is like a very effective solar cell where sunlight is absorbed by plants to make them grow. The effect also forms the basis for a variety of devices such as photodiodes, which are used in light detection within fibre optics, telecommunications networks, solar cells, imaging and many other applications.)

2. In 1905 Einstein published four landmark papers in physics – on the photoelectric effect, Brownian motion, the special theory of relativity and equivalence of matter and energy (E=mc2).

3. After World War II, Einstein was a leading figure in the World Government Movement, he was offered the Presidency of the State of Israel, which he declined, and he collaborated with Dr. Chaim Weizmann in establishing the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

4. Had the determination to solve many problems that came with physics. (Te/Se) He had a strategy of his own and was able to visualize the main stages on the way to his goal. (Ni) He regarded his major achievements as mere stepping-stones for the next advance
    ^^^ All Te up there with some Ni and Se sprinkled in

Alpha NTs can offer you a lot of insights and solutions as well. (pinging @Lord Panda)
    Not in a Te/Ni way but from Ti/Ne.

Both ILIs and ILEs try so. 'Positive relationships' happen in any quadra, and in alpha it is important to achieve this 'Fe niceness point' as well. You would have to dive deeper and see whether it's out of Fe and Si or Fi.
    Einstein didn’t care for group emotions so still, Fi > Fe

Examples, please. Imho it just correlates with stronger N.
    --He utilized a lot of visualization and imagination in order to solve his physics problems.
    --He basically created the law of relativity by imagining himself riding a bolt of lightning.
    --He spent time alone looking at his compass to learn science

IMO none of those examples points towards Ne.

Again, it's related more to judging functions (Ti or Fi), not to perceiving functions. Both LIIs and ILIs (and even some ILEs ) can hold their ideals dear. See Aushra on Robespierre (LII).
    True.

But I'd think you'd have to be pretty determined (Se) to have achieved all the stuff he has (Te)

Overall, I would type him LII > ILI > ILE at this point. LII with a more laid-back disposition most of the time (subtypes?). His determinism (in philosophical sense) is imho not very characteristic of probability-ridden ILIs; hence in that Gulenko's article on thinking styles, Bohr - probabilistic ILI - was compared to Einstein, presumed then by Gulenko ILE. Ofc it's not like he couldn't be an ILI or an ILE, so I'm open to influence here (some of his quotes give me Lem thoughts, who imho was ILI).
    Nice.

I think my strongest arguments are with Te and Ni. But like I said I could be wrong

But a question for u,

Where do you personally see Ne > Ni?

'Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.'
    ---> Could also relate to being a P or irrational type

if you can't explain it to a 6 year old...
    ---> A very Ti thing I'd admit lol

I think these are just cool inspirational quotes you'd see on a poster with a guy climbing mt. everest or something.

Following your criteria, I'd need some concrete examples from his life too not just quotes. (although quotes can be useful, especially those that describe something about their life) I can say cool inspirational quotes un-related to my type too. lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 08-26-2020 at 01:51 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am no expert in this matter, and probably no one will take this seriously, but these are things I think about Einstein's type:

-Irrational (does anyone disagree? He is a great stereotype of an Irrational type)
    -Strong Fe. Also, he liked to make lots of amazingly creative jokes and anecdotes with people, and was a talented teacher.
    -Ne ego (he was more of a researcher (Ne type) rather than a philosopher (Ni type)), and obviously intuitive.
    -Apparently strong Ti.

This leads to NeTi > TiNe, but It's possible he was NeFeTi (by differentiated/conscious functions), and of course, a genius

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quora to the rescue. Unverifiable anecdote so take it or leave it:

My mother knew Einstein's stepdaughter when all three were at Princeton during the mid forties. They did tea with Einstein at his house (112 Mercer St.) on Sunday afternoons. Einstein waited until he heard the tea kettle whistling before coming down the stairs to the kitchen to join them. He was invariably disheveled.He was usually in deep thought and not very sociable and would soon politely excuse himself to return to work. But when he dallied it was because he had a chance to discuss things of interest that had previously escaped his notice and thought. And this, despite my mother's efforts, was not talking about physics. Her field was what today we would call molecular biology but he resisted her efforts to have him explain physics to her.

But occasionally, Einstein would pick up on a discussion that the animated younger women were having for which Einstein had questions. Politely, and with a cool intellectual demeanor, he would ask my mother questions. And he would bore in to a deeper point. One example she related was on her plans on hosting a Jewish religious meal (Seder). My mother was from Italy and hence Sephardic Jewish. Einstein, though German and hence Ashkenazi Jewish, had lived for a time in Italy and knew some of the differences in customs. Though not interested in the religious parts, he queried her understanding of these different customs and their meaning. Like an anthropologist, he tried to calculate where and when the Jewish traditions had diverged.

Einstein was, according to my mother, genuine and gentle but persistent and occasionally impatient. He was inquisitive. He didn't make small talk. He tried to understand things, and only spoke to ask a question or clarification. He never patronized or disrespected these two young women. And, according to my mom, when asked on the IRS tax forms for his occupation, Einstein wrote in "student". I've tried to do the same.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Love how Ein ballooned an already sensational world into an ever expanding/evolving fractal explosion of new perspectives and colors to the shape and explanation of aerospace/spacetime, configuring this dynamic model of curvature and warping of the scientific overlay, to have quotes that shimmer with extreme reengineering of the reality database.

If you want someone crazy (in a good way), someone outstanding, someone stellar, and farfetched, Ein's corner-club is the heart of the new extra-galactic empire!!
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General impression + a look at his biography: ILI

I also associate scientific developement (if not science in general) more with Te than Ti, given the importance of experimental tests and external data.
    Last edited by Marep; 04-04-2021 at 10:49 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Einstein had several wives. Last one was his dual.
    How do you know she was a dual?

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, yes, this is actually true. Infantile in its true form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast