Thread: Difference Between Sp/So and Sp/Sx

Question Difference Between Sp/So and Sp/Sx

I've searched a lot about this but still can't tell mine, 1 sp/so or sp/sx?

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Sx last sx humor confuses me. They have this flippant a-sexual (if you will) approach to that.
    What kind of humor is that? Could you give an example?

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BudgieEnthusiast View Post
    I act friendly, laugh, joke etc but at the same time my mind goes into a paranoid "What do they want from me? Are they trustworthy, will they harm or betray me?" mode (I think I have cp 6w5 in my tritype). If I find something that makes me doubt their trustworthiness or their positive feelings towards me I end the relationship, I'm very sensitive to rejection. I also never disclose important things until I trust someone completely.
    I'm a 6 and I'm immediately skeptical of people who try to get close to me (based on previous negative experiences). I think people can usually tell because I don't hide it, and it's hard to act friendly with someone I don't trust. I'm not a talkative person overall so I won't really say much, never considered myself as a friendly person and one person has told me that I have a lot of walls up.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to other people, are you generally well-aware of their existence as a person separate from the context of your relationship with them?
    SOC likes to keep track of these things even if it might have nothing to do with them, just for the sake of knowing. SO-blind might still do so, but would be discriminatory in who they take interest in and what aspects of the person they take interest in.

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I associate so is the phrase "pecking order." Do you compare yourself to others to see where you fit in the group?

I'm an ESI sp/sx. The sx part of me takes note if someone I'm trying to get to know/establish a relationship with is attracted to me or repelled by me (Like a magnet! Or something.)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    When it comes to other people, are you generally well-aware of their existence as a person separate from the context of your relationship with them?
    SOC likes to keep track of these things even if it might have nothing to do with them, just for the sake of knowing. SO-blind might still do so, but would be discriminatory in who they take interest in and what aspects of the person they take interest in.
    i've always very easily placed myself so-last and i haven't had a good understanding or appreciation of what the social instinct does, but this is something that i don't do and it's a great example because its the first drawback of being so-last that i've ever considered meaningful

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this involve just knowing things about them? How their life is outside of your relationship with them?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

like i obviously know and care if someone i love has a class they take every tuesday, but it's not something tracked or fully in my awareness if we never have plans on tuesday anyway. i may or may not give any thought about how important that class is to them, unless they talk to me about how important it is more than once.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess all IEIs do this.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    i've always very easily placed myself so-last and i haven't had a good understanding or appreciation of what the social instinct does, but this is something that i don't do and it's a great example because its the first drawback of being so-last that i've ever considered meaningful
    What other drawbacks have you noticed that you consider meaningful?

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    Does this involve just knowing things about them? How their life is outside of your relationship with them?
    i'm not sure how to explain, but SO is like awareness of "the other". of context.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    like i obviously know and care if someone i love has a class they take every tuesday, but it's not something tracked or fully in my awareness if we never have plans on tuesday anyway. i may or may not give any thought about how important that class is to them, unless they talk to me about how important it is more than once.
    i think another example that illustrates this well is when an sp/so and sp/sx were telling me about a girl who used to be around, that i never met.
    sp/so told me things such as who she hung around and who she had beef with. (contextual things that are totally separate from herself)
    sp/sx said that all she knew was that the girl had divorced parents, because sp/sx's parents were also divorced so she felt a little kinship with her about the fact

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What other drawbacks have you noticed that you consider meaningful?
    I thought it was worth noting that this is the first time I've seen that there could be a drawback, because I notice it holds Fi meaning to me when people I know notice my life even when it doesn't matter. And I haven't considered how bad I am at that with them.

Other so-last things I've noticed have been struggles with networking or being on top of normal things to talk about with normal people, lol. and those are definitely important and impactful things but I have trouble feeling like they're genuinely significant