Thread: Sensitivity to Environmental Changes

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Sensitivity

I've always had allergy symptoms caused by sudden temperature changes like what's described in here:

Specifically, changes in temperature and humidity can cause allergy symptoms like sneezing and congestion, which occur due to swelling that results from changes in the nose's membranes. These types of symptoms are generally referred to as non-allergic rhinitis.
    I feel like my body perceives changes in the temperature before I consciously do, and reacts drastically to such with uncontrollable sneezes, runny nose or nasal congestion.

Do you know someone who has these (or similar) reactions too?

I was wondering if it could be related of being Si lead. I know an SEI who has allergy to animals and an ESE who's also sensitive to temperature changes or windy climate etc. Also my skin is sensitive to sun (like getting sun spots in the face etc).
    Last edited by Hope; 11-19-2020 at 06:11 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI ex husband would sneeze when he walked outside into the sunlight.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    My SLI ex husband would sneeze when he walked outside into the sunlight.
    This happens to me often too.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see... interesting sounds bit Ip of you. I just have to ask the opposite. Does this climate make me shiver and do I shiver... and should I shiver?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    I see... interesting sounds bit Ip of you. I just have to ask the opposite. Does this climate make me shiver and do I shiver... and should I shiver?
    Ime Ne types are the last in notice or be affected by climate.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've always had allergy symptoms caused by sudden temperature changes like what's described in here:

I feel like my body perceives changes in the temperature before I consciously do, and reacts drastically to such with uncontrollable sneezes, runny nose or nasal congestion.

Do you know someone who has these (or similar) reactions too?

I was wondering if it could be related of being Si lead. I know an SEI who has allergy to animals and an ESE who's also sensitive to temperature changes or windy climate etc. Also my skin is sensitive to sun (like getting sun spots in the face etc).
    It may be related to Si. Si- more than Si+, since it is more focused on discomfort than Si+. So SLIs would be more prone to show this kind of sensivity.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You'd better talked with medics. It's mainly body related, but not a psyche as should not be linked hard with emotions or thoughts.

Sometimes an allergy is linked with chronic inflammations and infections (in any body part, including GIT). If to remove or reduce them - the allergy may be _reduced_ too. May help to reduce contacts with toxins or different substances which may provoke an allergy.
    In case of nose area - mb may help local antibiotic meds, a variant of which are onion and garlic eaten everyday. Cuten onion may be respirered too.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can tell if it's going to rain from inside an underground bunker because I instantly get tired. I have pretty bad allergies so ive always assumed it has something to do with that.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tommy
    If you haven't already, you should read about mast cells and mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS).
    Allergy-like symptoms can be triggered by environmental changes.

My brother (LII) is very sensitive to sudden temperature/weather changes like you are.
    I often get symptoms right before a thunderstorm or when the heating turns on (though that may be related to dust allergy).

I don't think this is type related. The only difference is how aware the individual is to the existence of triggers. My brother is very sensitive but doesn't notice that he is. He only knows because we've done the noticing for him.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what I would assume. I would also assume others would say no. And here we are. Sneezing in the light is a photosensitive reaction. It is logical to assume it is biological, and not psychologically tied. For example, crying in the cold is not Si. It is natural. However, what comes next should reveal the answer. As an example, I used to burn my eyes in the shower. I have no idea why it stopped. As such, my conclusion is Si polr. I can speculate it was the soap, but that is from me speculating. Si probably would also attempt to solve the problem. I rubbed my eyes, which made the problem worse, and this would continue. I am aware it made the problem worse because people told me it would make the problem worse. Otherwise, all I could say is that there was pain. Eventually, I started to ignore the pain. The pain wasn't an issue, it was the tendency that I would close my eyes which was the main issue.

I could be Si valuing or Si polr, but nothing else.

If I was Si valuing, I would value a solution. Tbh, I didn't really see it as a problem, and just rubbed my eyes, even though it didn't help, as it seemed natural. As such, you know where I believe I stand on the issue. This could, however, just be me valuing pain. As such, I am unsure of the true answer. However, that is irrelevant to this issue. I hope this helps in showing off what lack of Si is from my perspective.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    That is what I would assume. I would also assume others would say no. And here we are. Sneezing in the light is a photosensitive reaction. It is logical to assume it is biological, and not psychologically tied. For example, crying in the cold is not Si. It is natural. However, what comes next should reveal the answer. As an example, I used to burn my eyes in the shower. I have no idea why it stopped. As such, my conclusion is Si polr. I can speculate it was the soap, but that is from me speculating. Si probably would also attempt to solve the problem. I rubbed my eyes, which made the problem worse, and this would continue. I am aware it made the problem worse because people told me it would make the problem worse. Otherwise, all I could say is that there was pain. Eventually, I started to ignore the pain. The pain wasn't an issue, it was the tendency that I would close my eyes which was the main issue.

I could be Si valuing or Si polr, but nothing else.

If I was Si valuing, I would value a solution. Tbh, I didn't really see it as a problem, and just rubbed my eyes, even though it didn't help, as it seemed natural. As such, you know where I believe I stand on the issue. This could, however, just be me valuing pain. As such, I am unsure of the true answer. However, that is irrelevant to this issue. I hope this helps in showing off what lack of Si is from my perspective.
    The problem when making conclusions about Si behaviour is that even though Si senses the endosomatic impressions "body sensations", it doesn't do anything about it. It doesn't solve, or deal with anything. However, the individual might deal with the health issues, but then he has to engage with other functions also and step out of the pure sensation state of mind.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)