Thread: Can I tell EIE I typed him or he'll freak out?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can I tell EIE I typed him or he'll freak out?

Okey, so probably there is a thread I should post this in but... anyway

I have a friend (male) I think is EIE. I would tell him, that that is what I think, and ask if he agrees (he knows that such things as MBTI and socionics exist but probably not much more about it) but I am afraid he is going to freak out. Like me knowing to much about him would put him in some sort of danger.

What do you think? Is it likely for EIE to react like that? Or maybe he'll take it postively as giving him some attention?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
    Okey, so probably there is a thread I should post this in but... anyway

I have a friend (male) I think is EIE. I would tell him, that that is what I think, and ask if he agrees (he knows that such things as MBTI and socionics exist but probably not much more about it) but I am afraid he is going to freak out. Like me knowing to much about him would put him in some sort of danger.

What do you think? Is it likely for EIE to react like that? Or maybe he'll take it postively as giving him some attention?
    An EIE female just contacted me on a dating site. I had said in my description that I'm looking for an "ISFP" (MBTI). She said, "You do realize, don't you, that this kind of psychological theory has been thoroughly debunked?"

I said, "Sure, but I'm using it anyway."

If you tell an EIE about psychological theories, that would be like adding a glass of water to the ocean. They are the masters at manipulating emotions and really don't need any special kind of help with it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    They are the masters at manipulating emotions and really don't need any special kind of help with it.
    Yeah I know, but that's not what I'm concerned about. I'm affraid he'll get scared by a vison of me or other people reading about him or knowing him enough to type him. Plus I think a women would care less about it.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Whisper
    As an IEI I would be slightly freaked out ngl. I don't like the thought that someone has me figured out.. He could be different, IDK. Also, if he doesn't believe in Socionics or take it that seriously it's probably not too big of a deal.
    On the flipside, regardless of the aforementioned, I would definitely be somewhat flattered that you think of me enough to have linked a type to my person.

To be more subtle, what i do when i randomly feel like telling people their type is send them a link to a type description and type something like "hey, this reminded me of you, what do you think??"

If you fear he may feel very threatened, you should add (truthful) comments (either right after or after he replies) that in particular, [positive aspect(s) of EIE mentioned in article] remind you of him.
    It helps because it establishes that it's because of good things that you somehow know his type. It also partially signals that you're probably not paying much attention to his type weaknesses, so you likely don't mean to do anything with the knowledge of his type weaknesses, that is, if you even paid attention to them..

If you want to tell him his type to help him better understand some sort of problem he's facing, then I assume you have a pretty strong relationship already? I rarely reveal someone's type to someone, and even less so point out the less flattering implications of having the type.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I told my EIE close friend he's EIE. He thought it was interesting, but didn't put any time or thought into the theory after that. I will add that my EIE friend IS paranoid and he still wasn't bothered by being typed.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chocolatte thanks you are right, the way I do it is very important, while being subtle is not the first thing that comes to my mind

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
    @chocolatte thanks you are right, the way I do it is very important, while being subtle is not the first thing that comes to my mind
    No problem and good luck! I hope he takes it well (he has everything to gain, hihi)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Say about a type test, what you got there and offer him to do it to. After that say what you think about his type.
    If you are friends or pals - there is no basis to dislike that you may understand him better. People accept such things easily, except mb Se types as to understand someone's inner traits relates to Ne.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he'll freak out. Just tell him you're into psychology / personality type stuff. Say you wanted to guess his type for fun