Thread: Type this guy I know

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Type this guy I know

Polite, quiet, honorable, courteous, quiet, does not do small talk, does not do any sort of "superfluous" talk, self-sufficient, solid, stoic, expressive when something needs to be said, but not gushy (when he has said it once, it stands until otherwise noted).

Thanks gang
    Last edited by Kim; 04-26-2019 at 01:27 AM.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Kim

You either have an introverted LSE
    An extroverted EII
    Or An SLI

Some LSE can be short spoken and quiet which makes them look EII but their movements will tell you if he’s EII or LSE. LSE have nervous energy, sudden movements where EII are soft movements
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Maritsa! <3

Thank you for the input! EII has not occurred to me - what makes you think that's a possibility??
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Polite, quiet, honorable, courteous, quiet, does not do small talk, does not do any sort of "superfluous" talk, enjoys talking about history, politics, current events (of the non-gossip sort), extremely well-informed about the above, considers opposing viewpoints, likes to read and write, enjoys horror, Lovecraft, videogames, punk rock, smoker, not concerned with comfort (dinner will cook, but we get wrapped up in a conversation and the steaks burn, for example), but does his best to look after people (not always successful), does not always follow through on agreements because he gets wrapped up in other things (work mostly), intensely focused on whatever he is doing, ambitious, but not cut-throat, long military career, but plans to work in a low-intensity outdoor career after retirement, laid back, happy to leave others in charge (which might be a way of offsetting the responsibilities of his job where he is always in charge and responsible of people), self-sufficient, solid, stoic, expressive when something needs to be said, but not gushy (when he has said it once, it stands until otherwise noted), very much into intense workouts (partly work related, but enjoys it), very fit, but for the sake of experiencing the intensity of the workout and the practicality of being fit, not for looks, does not care about others' opinion, somewhat reckless with himself, humanitarian, quiet leader in his job, laid back friend outside of it, does not talk about himself on his own accord unless prompted (in which case he is pretty open).

Thanks gang!
    Sounds like a closeted white supremacist ... perfect match

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Maritsa! <3

Thank you for the input! EII has not occurred to me - what makes you think that's a possibility??
    Quiet and doesn’t talk much lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    introverted LSE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quiet and doesn’t talk much lol
    I think in that regard he is more SLI-ish - quiet until he feels comfortable and then talks up a storm.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think in that regard he is more SLI-ish - quiet until he feels comfortable and then talks up a storm.
    Yes he is
    -

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would say SLI except for two points (which are more Ij-like): SLIs tend to brag about their abilities and accomplishments although this could be done in an indirect fashion; and SLIs do really care about what others say although they'll often say that they don't. SLIs can also harbour some deep-rooted anger or indignation toward the very people to whom they are being magnanimous........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You know you can always skip the guesswork by sending me profile pictures for VI
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know you can always skip the guesswork by sending me profile pictures for VI
    Curious: Where did you learn to VI? What method(s) do you use? How do you know they are accurate?

(This is not an attack. I would love to know.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    Curious: Where did you learn to VI? What method(s) do you use? How do you know they are accurate?

(This is not an attack. I would love to know.)
    I learned it from an INTJ friend who learned it from Antonina Volkova a student /confidant/friend of Filatova. I was in contact with Antonia many years and obtained some interesting books on VI and Socionics that are written in Russia from her. She and I and the INTJ and I collaborate on typings as a group effort until Antonina died a few years ago. As for accuracy I kept notes of “type indicators” and I will cross check them with the person’s own final typing
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learned it from an INTJ friend who learned it from Antonina Volkova a student /confidant/friend of Filatova. I was in contact with Antonia many years and obtained some interesting books on VI and Socionics that are written in Russia from her. She and I and the INTJ and I collaborate on typings as a group effort until Antonina died a few years ago. As for accuracy I kept notes of “type indicators” and I will cross check them with the person’s own final typing
    That is interesting. Glad you do cross-check them with the person's own typing (as I probably don't need to tell you that even with all of that, the methods still aren't necessarily proven fact as of yet).

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cR4z3DRATrEb0rN View Post
    Sounds like a closeted white supremacist ... perfect match
    Why is he banned?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    That is interesting. Glad you do cross-check them with the person's own typing (as I probably don't need to tell you that even with all of that, the methods still aren't necessarily proven fact as of yet).
    none of enneagram or socionics theory is proven fact. its a theory

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    none of enneagram or socionics theory is proven fact. its a theory
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Edit: On the other hand, a lot of people on this forum behave as if they don't know this at all...

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Photographs_of_Types_by_Filatova#S LI_.2F_ISTp

About Filatova's portraits - from Wikisocion:

It should be noted that Ekaterina Filatova did not use visual identification ("V.I.") to diagnose types. She relied on questionnaires and interviews to establish socionics types and later began to notice similarities between people of the same type, which she tried to capture in her type photo albums.

Who are the people in the pictures? from Socioniko.net:

Visitors of our site often ask us whether the people whose pictures are placed together with type descriptions have been “typed” correctly. OK, we answer.

These portraits have been photographed by Yekaterina S. Filatova, a socionist from St. Petersburg, since 1991. She gave us her permission to place some of her pictures at our site. She did not use any “visual identification” methods – she is rather much critical towards such methods, and never wants to “type” pictures which some people send to her. On the contrary, she first determined the type of the person (by interviewing, in course of long contacts, etc.) and only then, when this person expressed his/her agreement with the type description and his/her permission for being photographed, she made his/her pictures in several standard perspectives (which allowed comparing pictures of different people with each other).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    It should be noted that Ekaterina Filatova did not use visual identification ("V.I.") to diagnose types.
    As she described VI in her books, it's evident that she used VI as one of methods to identify the types.
    Use common logics, instead of links to nonsense.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I would say SLI except for two points (which are more Ij-like): SLIs tend to brag about their abilities and accomplishments although this could be done in an indirect fashion; and SLIs do really care about what others say although they'll often say that they don't. SLIs can also harbour some deep-rooted anger or indignation toward the very people to whom they are being magnanimous........

a.k.a. I/O
    Are you saying SLIs are passive-aggressive narcissists?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sounds LSE
    -

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Are you saying SLIs are passive-aggressive narcissists?
    SLIs tend to be defensively deadly and often metaphorically use a sledgehammer to drive a tack; passive isn't normally in their nature but retribution definitely can be. Narcissistic is an adjective that I associate more with Ni-types. SLIs tend to be conspiracy theorists, some of whom have been known to live very cloistered and suspicious existences (the degree of paranoia varies greatly).......

a.k.a. I/O

Edit: SLIs typically brag as a warning or to prove something in order to head off a perceived threat.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...iption-by-I-O?
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 04-14-2019 at 12:20 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hm, he doesn't really brag, but then he doesn't really need to because he has been in the military for a long time and in the U.S., that alone gives a certain status? But I do think he is generally humble - if he did something heroic, he wouldn't want anyone to know. He is also quite open about times during which he failed at something. Re: narcissism, he can be self-absorbed, but is not narcissistic. I stay the hell away from narcissists...

I agree that SLIs care about what other people think of them (maybe Fe PoLR insecurities?). How about LSEs? Do they care? What are they like when they get to know a person? I only have one LSE friend and she is uber extroverted, so she does not compare...
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hm, he doesn't really brag, but then he doesn't really need to because he has been in the military for a long time and in the U.S., that alone gives a certain status? But I do think he is generally humble - if he did something heroic, he wouldn't want anyone to know. He is also quite open about times during which he failed at something. Re: narcissism, he can be self-absorbed, but is not narcissistic. I stay the hell away from narcissists...

I agree that SLIs care about what other people think of them (maybe Fe PoLR insecurities?). How about LSEs? Do they care? What are they like when they get to know a person? I only have one LSE friend and she is uber extroverted, so she does not compare...
    The LSE's that I know are a mixed bag when it comes to other people's opinions about them. They do, however, seem to want to look like respectable members of the community. But so too do SLI's.

From your description, the guy could be either SLI or LSE. At this point, I'd suggest either having him do a test or try to use VI. LSE's faces are blocky and SLI's tend to be more slender. When they move, LSE's look like linebackers and tend to go to fat, while SLI's tend to look more graceful, more like baseball players. Also, LSE's tend to look alert, mostly, while SLI's can have long moments when they look sleepy. These are just my biases, though. YMMV.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    The LSE's that I know are a mixed bag when it comes to other people's opinions about them. They do, however, seem to want to look like respectable members of the community. But so too do SLI's.

From your description, the guy could be either SLI or LSE. At this point, I'd suggest either having him do a test or try to use VI. LSE's faces are blocky and SLI's tend to be more slender. When they move, LSE's look like linebackers and tend to go to fat, while SLI's tend to look more graceful, more like baseball players. Also, LSE's tend to look alert, mostly, while SLI's can have long moments when they look sleepy. These are just my biases, though. YMMV.
    He does care about being perceived as respectable/honorable/honest. And based on the physical traits, he would be LSE...I realize I don't know much about LSEs...I know that SLIs get totally wrapped up in things they do and forget the world, but do LSEs do that, too?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He does care about being perceived as respectable/honorable/honest. And based on the physical traits, he would be LSE...I realize I don't know much about LSEs...I know that SLIs get totally wrapped up in things they do and forget the world, but do LSEs do that, too?
    LSE's typically have their home workshops in which they do projects, or they will change all the brake pads on their cars (usually more than one), but SLI's can do this, too, except for the home workshop. LSE's are going to come up for air from work regularly and goof off with their buddies, while SLI's, when they "come back" from their projects, hit their beds or hide out somewhere.

SLI's need a lot of alone time and basically hoard resources, which includes their time and money for retirement. LSE's take a more freewheeling view of life. Thinking about it, LSE's and SLI's are a lot alike on paper. When I see one, though, the difference is plain as day.

While both SLI's and LSE's want to be seen by their neighbors as being great guys, SLI's are actually great to their families, too (if being absent most of the time can be seen as being great), while LSE's can be dicks to their families. Again, this is just based on my personal experience. Not every LSE is going to be a dick to their family. But a lot of them are. When an LSE thinks they are right (which is most of the time), your voice doesn't matter.

Mother - LSE
    Sister - LSE
    Great friend, landlord worth about $10M - LSE
    Brother in Law through LII sister - LSE
    ex-wife's father - LSE
    Guy I worked with who loved mechanical watches - LSE
    Guy I work with who bought a home on golf course - LSE
    Conservative Ex-husband of IEE sister-in-law - LSE
    architect and ex-BF of IEI GF - LSE
    2 Middle managers - LSE

Father - SLI
    ex-wife - SLI
    son - SLI
    ex-BF of ESI I know - SLI
    Father of ESI I know - SLI
    Guy at work - SLI
    Second guy at work - SLI
    woman at work - SLI
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-16-2019 at 02:40 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey @Kim.

Sounds like your dual, SLI. Sounds a lot like my IEE cousin's SLI-Si husband. (who she met after a really bad relationship with trying to be with a SLE lol)

I really do hope you're happy and that he makes you happy. Even tho we're from opposing quadras haha.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When an LSE thinks they are right (which is most of the time), your voice doesn't matter.
    There are ways to make LSE recognize when they are wrong.
    -

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSEs pay attention to what others say but not from a defensive perspective; they're more about control of the agenda and like LIEs, the best defence is usually an offence (note that I use the Oxford dictionary). Although SLIs like to win and will do their best to snuff out the opposition, they do tend to think of themselves as no better than others unlike many LSEs who tend to be more optimistic about their chances. SLIs tend to be underestimated while LSEs tend to appear more obvious: they play the field and or situate themselves up close and personal. Both types can be saints or sinners but most are somewhere in between.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE's typically have their home workshops in which they do projects, or they will change all the brake pads on their cars (usually more than one), but SLI's can do this, too, except for the home workshop. LSE's are going to come up for air from work regularly and goof off with their buddies, while SLI's, when they "come back" from their projects, hit their beds or hide out somewhere.

SLI's need a lot of alone time and basically hoard resources, which includes their time and money for retirement. LSE's take a more freewheeling view of life. Thinking about it, LSE's and SLI's are a lot alike on paper. When I see one, though, the difference is plain as day.

While both SLI's and LSE's want to be seen by their neighbors as being great guys, SLI's are actually great to their families, too (if being absent most of the time can be seen as being great), while LSE's can be dicks to their families. Again, this is just based on my personal experience. Not every LSE is going to be a dick to their family. But a lot of them are. When an LSE thinks they are right (which is most of the time), your voice doesn't matter.

Mother - LSE
    Sister - LSE
    Great friend, landlord worth about $10M - LSE
    Brother in Law through LII sister - LSE
    ex-wife's father - LSE
    Guy I worked with who loved mechanical watches - LSE
    Guy I work with who bought a home on golf course - LSE
    Conservative Ex-husband of IEE sister-in-law - LSE
    architect and ex-BF of IEI GF - LSE
    2 Middle managers - LSE

Father - SLI
    ex-wife - SLI
    son - SLI
    ex-BF of ESI I know - SLI
    Father of ESI I know - SLI
    Guy at work - SLI
    Second guy at work - SLI
    woman at work - SLI
    Hm, he is certainly not a dick when disagreeing with me lol. We have pretty great conversations and actually disagree on a few things, but he is never condescending or a jerk (neither am I, let it be said! ). I think a lot of issues you see with SLIs an LSEs are manifestations of insecure specimen of the type...although my LSE friend is not at all insecure and her opinion is indeed the one that stands. We usually agree to disagree.

For an SLI, he would be suprisingly little concerned with comfort (food, sleep). As for resources, he knows he is set after he retires from the military AND is sure to get a job in the field he wants to go into, which I guess takes some of the pressure off? Maybe an sx/so SLI?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Hey @Kim.

Sounds like your dual, SLI. Sounds a lot like my IEE cousin's SLI-Si husband. (who she met after a really bad relationship with trying to be with a SLE lol)

I really do hope you're happy and that he makes you happy. Even tho we're from opposing quadras haha.
    Awwwwww you will always be my dual from another quadra
    Thank you! Any SLE on the horizon for you? They ARE sexy bitches, no doubt...
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hm, he is certainly not a dick when disagreeing with me lol. We have pretty great conversations and actually disagree on a few things, but he is never condescending or a jerk (neither am I, let it be said! ). I think a lot of issues you see with SLIs an LSEs are manifestations of insecure specimen of the type...although my LSE friend is not at all insecure and her opinion is indeed the one that stands. We usually agree to disagree.

For an SLI, he would be suprisingly little concerned with comfort (food, sleep). As for resources, he knows he is set after he retires from the military AND is sure to get a job in the field he wants to go into, which I guess takes some of the pressure off? Maybe an sx/so SLI?
    All SLI are different in this regard. I know some SLI who have the money to live in a nice pad that looks very warm and many others who live in a crowded trucks but they find a way to have some comfort.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    LSEs pay attention to what others say but not from a defensive perspective; they're more about control of the agenda and like LIEs, the best defence is usually an offence (note that I use the Oxford dictionary). Although SLIs like to win and will do their best to snuff out the opposition, they do tend to think of themselves as no better than others unlike many LSEs who tend to be more optimistic about their chances. SLIs tend to be underestimated while LSEs tend to appear more obvious: they play the field and or situate themselves up close and personal. Both types can be saints or sinners but most are somewhere in between.

a.k.a. I/O
    I can see this.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Any SLE on the horizon for you? They ARE sexy bitches, no doubt...
    Hmm not really. The guy I'm sort of in a relationship with now is very ILE not SLE. He's not that sexy to me yet (doesn't turn me off either but I guess it's something I could 'grow into') but he's very compassionate and protective of me. Which morally speaking are better qualities anyway. But both together would be perfectly awesome.

I hope you can forgive me for how I acted a few years ago. I was an asshole, no doubt.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

Hmm not really. The guy I'm sort of in a relationship with now is very ILE not SLE. He's not that sexy to me yet (doesn't turn me off either but I guess it's something I could 'grow into') but he's very compassionate and protective of me. Which morally speaking are better qualities anyway. But both together would be perfectly awesome.

I hope you can forgive me for how I acted a few years ago. I was an asshole, no doubt.
    <3 I don't really remember what went on. IEE ditzy brain to the rescue.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE can be quite short spoken until something about a relationship has bothered them and they need to get it off their chest or they need you to filter an idea for work/ creative potential
    -