Thread: Type me questionnaire

TIM
    SLI 9w8 sp/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me questionnaire

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I study modern languages and literatures at university. Previously, I chose a high school where we studied mostly scientific subjects, I chose it even if I didn’t really like the subjects (I thought science could give me a better future), but it backfired, I wasn’t getting good marks and I ended up hating even the idea of opening the science/math book. So I made up my mind to choose only subjects I would enjoy in university. I liked English and literature, so here I am. There are only few things I don’t like but I think it’s normal, there is always a flaw even in things you love a lot. The subject I don't really like is linguistics, because it has a scientific approach (but some things are cool so it’s ok I guess).

What are your values, and why?
    Being at peace with myself, have a sort of internal harmony, being free to do what I like, respect other people, be authentic. Why? I don’t know, I like to feel ok and do what I like. I like respecting people because I hate it when people don’t respect me.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    Oh well, right now I spend a lot of my time on the internet, I play games, watch some stuff (I like to get distractions from the real world). I like also cooking sweets from time to time, writing and drawing (I like creating, for sweets I really like the process of baking). I like discussing my favourite shows with my friends (I’m in for analysis, theories, opinions, especially about the characters).

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    In my family we love each other, but I usually don’t talk about me to them. I think they don’t really know me. I’m much more open with my friends, because I feel they wouldn’t judge me, no matter what I say. My parents end up judging me, not in a harsh way, it’s like they don’t really understand what I’m talking about. For example, if I say I like something, they probably wouldn’t consider that thing important or they would think there is something more urgent. Other people would probably just go on with their life since 90% of parents don’t understand their children’s interests, but it’s easy to “hurt” me, so I ended up avoiding talking about me.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    It took me a while to find friends, I don’t really think I am lucky enough to be able to choose. I welcome pretty much everyone. But I have two friends I consider as “real” friends: the first one is someone with whom I can talk about anything, the other one is someone that is willing to help me if I ask her. I guess I like it when they don’t judge me and show they care about me.
    I have many ideals about my romantic life, ideals that obv don’t exist in the real world. I’m the kind of person who gives everything when she falls in love, so I try to avoid falling for people who don’t deserve my time and effort. It's als pretty hard for me to fall out of love, I don't think I really stopped liking my previous crushes.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    I don’t really get into conflicts a lot. I get annoyed by many things, but I wouldn’t call them conflicts. In general I don’t like when people get in my way (for example, if I’m doing something and my mother calls me and I have to quit the previous activity), or when they enter in their venting mode and there is no way to stop them. I also dislike when people “don’t comply with the agreement” (for example, I say to a friend to meet at a certain time and place, but at the last moment they say they won’t come or arrive absurdly late). In general, I don't like when people disturb/ruin my plans, activities etc.

How would your friends describe you?
    Calm, relaxed, diligent, responsible, trustworthy, helpful, kind, shy, quiet, serious, cold, a bit stubborn, the kind of person who is generally nice but not so interesting. My closest friend considers me as a well-balanced person, considerate of others and determinated/strong.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People say that I’m calm even in the most stressful situations, maybe they think I’m smart since they often ask help to me for academic reasons. About myself I like that I’m someone who can get things done. I’m very lazy and I lack the drive to do most things, I would procrastinate like there’s no tomorrow, but when the time comes (aka when I literally can’t procrastinate anymore) I get my things done. I still can’t explain to myself how I’ve managed so nicely until now despite being a complete mess.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I tend to hate the judgement of people. I hate when people tell me to speak or smile more. I hate when people say that I’m incompetent in something and get aggressive in the meanwhile. I hate criticism in general. I take every criticism on a personal level, so if a teacher tell me that I should’ve studied better then I will be offended (even if they are right). If someone tells me I should’ve done something in a different way I get upset because I think “my way” is better or a least more enjoyable.
    About myself I dislike my shyness, my lack of confidence, my lack of structure (I'm able to plan, but I can't follow my plan), it's hard for me to get things done in a proper way, I usually end up rushing everything in the last days.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    That’s a hard question. I’ll answer the second one first. I really lack structure and the ability to stick to a plan. As I said above, I’m a huge procrastinator and if I don’t have someone else to “force” me to do things then I wouldn’t do them. I wonder what I can manage on my own… understanding people maybe? I can understand people very easily and grasp their motives.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I think I dislike housework, study sometimes or even waiting. About the things I enjoy, probably watching something, have a walk or talk with a friend.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I don’t know how to plan the future lol I have a vague idea of what I’d like, but given the current situation, I think my vague idea is a bit too vague and I need something more practical… I’m thinking of going into teaching, just because it is a more stable job, at least for now… I wish in the future I could quit and do a job closer to my aspirations. I also wish I could travel a lot and maybe live in another country, I want to have fun and do nice things.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Oh as I said above, I’d probably travel a lot, have some fun, try new things, enjoy the world basically. Maybe build a nice house, have nice clothes etc.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    Mmm, hard question. I like talkative people, this trait could be considered as annoying by someone. Also, people who are funny and positive most of the time (my friend on the other hand dislikes people who are always goofy, so I think not everyone likes them), someone who has a lot of energy. For the second question, I think I don’t trust people who “lie” to keep the nice atmosphere in the group, like laughing at a joke that is not funny, or faking interest for someone’s words, or in general pretending you care about things you actually hate. I don’t think it’s always a malevolent behaviour and maybe they just want to make everyone feel comfortable, but anyway I can’t help mistrusting them.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    My room is so small, I can’t do anything at all to arrange it better. I don’t really manage it that much, it is very messy (don’t look at my desk, full of books, sheets etc.). I just keep my bed in order (because my mother would kill me if I didn’t).
    Why are daily chores "daily"? Why should we do them every day? What if I want to take a holiday and do nothing? I understand they are necessary in order to have a decent life, but some days I’m like “I don’t want to do anything”

How do you behave around strangers?
    If it’s just one stranger I can be pretty confident. On one on one interactions, I feel very comfortable, no matter who the person is. If the stranger becomes a group of strangers, it gets a bit harder.
    I’m not really scared or intimidated by strangers, I always see them as potential new friends or acquaintances so I try to do my best.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    If someone comes at me and throw random insults, I would probably find it hilarious. Once an ex of my friend “attacked” me verbally and I couldn’t even take him seriously because his anger made no sense to me. That’s probably because I didn’t really care about him and I didn’t consider him my problem. But on another occasion, I found out a friend (ironically she’s the ex-girlfriend of that dude) was talking behind my back with her friends. That made me furious, but I kept quiet because I didn’t want to make a scene in front of everyone. As soon as me and her were alone, I insulted her and her friends in every possible way. That made me feel very good… it was probably the first time I talked like that to someone close to me.
    My brother is another source of conflict, in the sense that he’s very aggressive in his speech and is the kind of person who takes his stress out on his family. It annoys me so much because most of the times I can’t properly answer him back or defend myself, so I’ll just be quiet.

What is one common misconception that people have about things? Explain why it is wrong.
    Oh that’s deep… these days I would probably say the fact that they are entitled to share their opinions left and right, even if their opinions are useless or create harm. For example, ome days ago I found a post on twitter of a person posting the screen of a 13 yo girl's tweet and they commented it was cringe. I also think that 13 yo are cringe most of the time, but why did this person have to make a post about it? Why sharing such a useless piece of information and embarrass a girl who is behaving like a normal girl of that age? And who the hell cares about your opnion? Why does it seem like everyone has this sort of anger inside and they have to vent it in the most stupid ways?
    This example is probably very stupid, but I really hate it when people suddenly becomes either experts of medicine, politics, economy and share their opinions everywhere and criticize those who are suppossed to be the "experts" of that particular field. The problem maybe is that most of those posts are not opinions, opinions have the ability to change or improve, but theirs are more like a final judgement with no opportunity of dialogue.

What did you do last Friday?
    Last Friday? The usual stuff, I probably also studied because I had an exam on Monday. By usual stuff I mean, waking up, having breakfast and a shower, spending some time on my smartphone, eating lunch, play some game, then study, then dinner, then again some surfing on the internet and back to bed.

If you are doing a video you can stop here or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.
    If you are answering in writing, please answer ALL questions.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    I guess being successful at university. After the disaster of high school, I didn’t really have much confidence in myself. Also, I proved to myself that I’m able to make some friends and that some people might actually like me. I also realized I can function pretty well even outside of my family.

What is something you regret?
    If I could, I would rewrite my school life. Not just from an academic point of view, but I’d try to be more open and build good relationships with my classmates.

Who do you admire, and why?
    I admire people who fulfil their dreams, people who are ready to help, people who are competent and compassionate, people who are able to build good relationships with others.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    I’m mostly worried by the current situation, my future looks very bleak, I’m afraid I’ll always be stuck into this tiny village to live a boring life.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

I have shaky beliefs, I was raised in a religious context, but I don’t really respect any of the rituals/traditions. Rationally, I can’t find any clue to believe in a god, I think religion is a nice lie invented to bring a bit of sense to human life… but I hate this thought, I can’t accept it and I censure it, so I kinda believe in a superior being. When things are tough I pray too, it makes me feel better.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    Politicians suck, they’re just there because they like power and privilege. At the same time, politics is useful and necessary, the problem is that to do politics you need people and most people can’t go beyond their little interests.
    On an ideal plan, I wish politics would allow every person to live freely according to who they really are, no matter where they come from, what religion or sexual preference they have etc.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    A part of me would enjoy it, a part of me wouldn’t. Having something that is “yours” is cool, but if something is yours you are responsible for it. So probably I’d work better if I had a chief, or something like this, who could guide me.
    What kind of business? Well, I wouldn’t mind opening a language school, or something like a café or a hotel or a travel agency.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I prefer an “easy” environment, a job that doesn’t suck every part of your time/energy. Jobs for me are not the most important part of our lives, it’s just a way to make money and support the best parts of life (hobbies, free time etc.).

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    In school was literature, English, history. I was always better at humanities than science. I love literature because I enjoy studying other people’s life and feelings, learning their opinions and thoughts. I didn’t really thought much of English, but in high school I realized I got nice results with little effort. It was easy for me and then it also became a way to open up myself to the rest of the world and widen my interests. History was my first love, more or less for the same reason I like literature: let’s say that I like gossiping about old people lol
    Not really related to the question, but maybe it can help: I also study French in university. Actually when I was in high school I was thinking of choosing German because I liked it more and in middle school I didn’t really like French, but in that period I totally fell in love with the French literature and since I wanted to learn more about, it I decided to pick French.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    If I give my word on something, I’ll be 100% responsible and do what I said. If you say that we’ll meet at 10, I’ll meet you at 10. If I said I’d do that particular task due to a specific day, that task we’ll be ready for that day. And I expect the same from others.
    If it’s responsibility on a personal level, like “I’ll go to the gym 3 days a week” well, I‘ll be very loose.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    I wish I could go on vacation we didn’t really have much of a tradition in my family regarding vacations, but luckily last year I went to visit a friend who lives in another city. When I’m in a vacation, I don’t relax and I become more active than ever. I woke up every day at 7 am (and my friend had to do the same, poor thing) because I wanted to see as much as I could. For me vacation is more like exploration.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    Mmm, I think I was quite stubborn, I was quick to anger with my family, I couldn’t blend in well with other kids. For example, once in primary school we were reading a book of jokes, I remember I didn’t think they were funny so I said to my friend “Why are you pretending to laugh if it’s not funny?”. I thought she was laughing just because everybody else was doing it. I was the kind of person who killed the mood maybe. Overall I think I changed a bit, I’m more focused on my inner world, probably softer. Now getting me real angry is hard and I hardly tell what I really think to another person.

What was your high school experience like?
    I talked a lot about this in the previous questions. Bad from every point of view, I had a disastrous relationship with my classmates. I was a shy girl and I became the target of my classmates because I wasn't able to defend myself. Just to say, I still have dreams about school and every time I need to remember that that period ended.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    Another hard question. I’ll talk about the travel I mentioned above. Actually I wasn’t thinking of having a vacation in that period. I was just very sad and you could say in a kind of rut. I was worried about my future, unsure about what I should do. My brother didn’t help, for him I’m not good enough, my course is not good enough and I’ll definitely end up either jobless or with a stupid little part-time job. I think he criticised my lack of determination, my lack of action (actually he’s like this because he doesn’t want me to end up like him. He didn’t accomplish anything material in his life, he doesn’t have a stable job, so he wants me to do what he didn’t…). The situation became so unbearable that I decided to go away for a couple of days. A friend of mine once said she would welcome me in her house for some days, so I asked her. But I realized I didn’t like the idea of going to her house, with her parents, her brothers, the partners of her brothers etc. You could say I wanted to be alone, or at least not in another family setting. So I approached this other friend who lives far away. I didn’t really tell her directly at first, I only said that the atmosphere in my house was unbearable and that I didn’t know how to deal with brother, hoping she would come forward and ask me to visit her. When I realized she wouldn’t ask that, after a moment of “no one understands me, no one cares about me”, I decided to explicitly say that I was going to her city. She was happy to spend time with me and those couple of days helped me a lot. Even my brother calmed down. Being in a different environment, seeing new things, completely regenerated my mind.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    When I was younger I hated them, because they were too honest and blunt. Now, I think they need to be protected because they are innocent. Having kids is definitely not my priority, but if it happens I’d take responsibility.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I’d try to teach them everything I know, I’d teach them to not hurt other people and also how to avoid getting hurt. I want my child to be a good person, aware of how the world works but also someone who can dream, have hopes and be optimistic. I would be affectionate to them, since I didn’t receive a lot of gestures or expressions of love (I have shy parents, they don’t really talk about emotions).

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I think this happens when I do the same things every day. When I don’t have much interaction with other people. When my days are the same, when I see always the same faces. After a while it gets tiring and I end up feeling even more lazy than I normally am. A tiny little change helps me a lot.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    People as a whole? Scary lol A prevalent social problem is egoism. Now we’re all about defending ourselves, the borders, hating on people just because they are not part of the “normal group”. I see hate and discrimination being normalized, now everyone can say whatever they want and they’ll hide behind the “freedom of speech”. There is almost zero empathy.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    I think I get annoyed. I’d probably try to reconsider my way of dealing with that particular thing, get more serious about it and get more “orderly”. If people are involved, I'll call them out and push them to do their job properly.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    I’m comfortable if: the other people lack competence, don’t understand the urgency of the problem. Usually, I take leadership where there is a problem I care about and when other people don’t do anything or do it in a sloppy way. Otherwise, if it's not a problem important to me, I’m happy to leave the responsibility to someone else.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    I’m enneagram 9w8 if this can help. I don’t get angry that often (or at least I don’t show it), but I can have sudden waves of rage that leaves me quite “wtf was that?”. Usually I get angry when I feel that other people are trying to trick me or if they are being shady.
    Some months ago the deliveryman left a package and my mother had to pay some money. I prepared the exact amount, but she called me because she wasn't sure of the money. At first I thought she was counting them again just to be sure, but then she said me that the guy asked for a different amount. Well, at that moment my first thought was that he was trying to get more money for himself and deceive us, so I aggressively reminded him of the exact amount. If I think back about that moment, maybe the guy just got the money wrong and now I believe he was not trying to deceive us, but I had that one second of blackout and I overreacted.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

The past week has been so miserable, it’s hard to find a best thing lol Today I just heard I passed an exam, so I guess that was my best moment.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    These weeks have been weird so probably it’s not really useful for typing, but the worst thing is that my dad is in a hospital and needs to have a surgery.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    Having fun. Which doesn’t necessarily mean going partying and getting drunk while dancing in the disco… it’s just doing things that make me feel good and happy.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    I haven’t travelled that much, but I’d say the city I mentioned before in the question about the vacation. I live in a small village where basically nothing exists, so seeing a city so full of life, with the subway, big buildings, all types of shops, museums, art etc. was amazing.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    When I’m at home I go with what feels comfortable, if I need to go out I’ll pay more attention. It’s not like I’m super stylish or elegant, but I also don’t want to look as if I put on the first piece of cloth I found in my room.

Do you like surprises?
    It depends, but I’d probably lean on no. I like to know what is going on, so if I smell some “conspiracy” I’d try to find out what is it. All in all, it’s very hard to surprise me.

Well, that was... long. I'm grateful to anyone who will read everything and decide to share their opinion. I'm ready to answer other questions or explain better if my answers weren't clear (and I probably made mistakes here and there).
    In case you are interested in knowing more of my amazing personality, I’m gonna add other details that maybe will be helpful (I'll put it under spoiler bc I don't want this post to get too long).

My studying/learning process: I don’t like mnemonic learning, I find it boring and repetitive. I learn things by understanding them and link them with each other. I need the information to make sense for me. For example, if I’m studying literature, it helps me a lot confronting author X with others authors, finding similarities and differences. In this way I can create a sort of a chain, so if I remember a ring, I’ll remember the next ring too and it’s probable I’ll remember all the chain.

I live a lot inside my head, I either process information or external stimuli, or reflect on myself and my behaviour, or I daydream. This doesn’t mean I’m blind to whatever happens around me. Actually I’m very aware of the world, I notice details and changes in the environment quicker than others. I like to describe it as being in a house with big windows, most of the time I'm inside my house minding my business, but if I see something outside of the window, I'll quit what I was doing and I'll look.
    I have a pretty decent memory for useless details (I can remember pretty well what someone said me years ago and even the location and things like that).
    I don’t think I put a lot of thought into my health. I tend to avoid as hard as I can health discussions, it’s something that depresses me. I don’t really talk about my health, unless I’m in a serious condition.
    I like comfort as I said above, but it’s not always linked to my external environment, usually it’s about the people around me. Of course, if I’m alone I’m in my most comfortable state, with friends or close family I’m ok, but if there are other people disturbing my comfort it gets hard, even if I’m in the best environment.

I consider myself as a reasonable and logic person when I give advice to other people. I know what is right or best to do and I use this skill to help others a lot. But I think I’m not a thinking type because I can’t apply my own advice to myself. You could say I’m not coherent or even hypocrite, if you want. I may criticise in other people behaviours I have myself and suggest them ways to fix them (but I won’t apply them to myself). I think this is why people get the impression I’m very logical and trustworthy, but my thought process is more concerned by doing what I like or what makes me more comfortable, rather than by what is logically needed.

I read people very well. They are like written books to me, I just need a look at their face to see if they’re lying, if they’re afraid, happy, sad etc. But this skill doesn’t give me the power to influence people or to magically make them feel better. I think I’m rather bad with emotional comfort, I’m much better at giving logical solutions. I’m a good listener.

I consider myself generally a honest person. I might sugar coat the truth most of the time, but I think it’s better to be honest. In case of necessity though, I think I’m a good liar even though I consider it morally wrong.

I have a decent control over my emotions; this is why since elementary school people said I’m calm. I don’t exactly consider myself calm, but I realized that they think I’m calm only because I don’t freak out even if I’m very stressed. But surprisingly I don't always have a stern/unemotional face, few people can actually read me well (and this is scary and surprising at the same time).
    I prefer to deal with everything on my own, or at least try it. I’m not used to ask for help. When I seek emotional help, I won’t straight up talk about it, I’ll leave some hints and hope the other person will pick on it (or magically read my mind), but usually they won’t notice my hints and it gets me so frustrated to be forced to say everything in exhaustive detail.

PS: I know that videos are better than a written questionnaire, but making a video would make me extra stressed and nervous and it probably wouldn't give you a good insight on my personality :/

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Si. I agree with enneagram 9!

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarPath View Post
    He/she seem very Fe devalue: "I don’t like when people get in my way" "I hate when people tell me to speak or smile more"
    "That’s probably because I didn’t really care about him and I didn’t consider him my problem" <- seem very Fe polr

I would say SLI or ESI, "About myself I like that I’m someone who can get things done" seem Te value.

@Silei: I think you are an ISTp.

TIM
    SLI 9w8 sp/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI was probably one of the first types I took into consideration, I also believe SEI-Si is more likely than the Fe subtype.
    He/she seem very Fe devalue: "I don’t like when people get in my way" "I hate when people tell me to speak or smile more"
    "That’s probably because I didn’t really care about him and I didn’t consider him my problem" <- seem very Fe polr

I would say SLI or ESI, "About myself I like that I’m someone who can get things done" seem Te value.

@Silei: I think you are an ISTp.
    This is an intersting opinion... I looked at some SLI descriptions (never took it into consideration before) and I relate to many things. I also believe I value Te, but I don't feel that confident in my Te skills (just like I don't feel that confident with SEI's Fe). It takes me a lot of effort to actually move and do things, even if it's about things I like. I need something that pushes me to do my job (like deadlines for example, or a reward) otherwise I don't think I would accomplish anything. I'm starting to believe I work better under stress, if I don't feel the danger of failure I have no strength to do my work.
    As for Fe, I consider myself very empathetic with other people's emotions and very aware of my own emotions, but I'm bad both at dealing with people who get emotional and who expect my support (my first thought in these situations is "oh God what should I do?") and I'm terrible at expressing my own emotions, unless I have the uttermost trust in the other person. And I suck at the so called "emotional atmosphere" (especially if we're talking about a group), I can perceive it but I can't bring positive change, I think just my presence ruin the atmosphere lol I do work better on one-on-one interections though.
    As for ESI, I can see Fi in me, but here too, the second function is a bit problematic. I think Se is a bit too "powerful" for me... although I don't know, maybe it's my e9 that makes everything dull or simply this period of pandemics made me less energetic in almost every aspect of my life. (it's a she btw!)

Anyway, thanks a lot for the answers!

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am leaning towards SLI-Si. Lol it even sounds like you are an SLI and you know it! I could understand an argument for SEI I suppose, but I am not convinced.

If you are still unsure it may help to look at small groups: Small groups - Wikisocion

And type your family and friends: Intertype relations - Wikisocion

SLI