Thread: Nigella Lawson- IEE?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nigella Lawson- IEE?

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PF_mPwc-g8.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-06-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

According to this tweet, she types (or has typed) as ESFP (presumably on the MBTI): https://twitter.com/Nigella_Lawson/s...07514474442752

IEE or ESE seem perfectly feasible.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

She's an introvert. Maybe ExI.
    Last edited by maniac; 10-07-2016 at 10:34 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is Nigella's Type?

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she could be ESE or SEE. I don't think she has 1D Si, not because she cooks on television. The way she carries herself is too comfortable.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N-ESE>D-ESI

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first 9 minutes or so of the QTV interview seems very abstracted from sensations. They are discussing food as a symbol, Nigella's strong opinions about food, her self-criticism, ways she can help people glean some pleasure and meaning from cooking and not feel so self-critical themselves.

From 14.54 "Feel the fear and cook it anyway" - to 16.03

Her philosophy seems to be about not requiring expertise, feeling grounded by the process of cooking, creating things intuitively and feeling empowered by overcoming an obstacle. It's difficult for me to see her as having prominent Si but her Fe seems so natural and flowy.

It could be that I'm overlooking "Si" content in the interview. @Eudaimonia does Nigella make cooking more approachable for you?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    The first 9 minutes or so of the QTV interview seems very abstracted from sensations. They are discussing food as a symbol, Nigella's strong opinions about food, her self-criticism, ways she can help people glean some pleasure and meaning from cooking and not feel so self-critical themselves.

From 14.54 "Feel the fear and cook it anyway" - to 16.03

Her philosophy seems to be about not requiring expertise, feeling grounded by the process of cooking, creating things intuitively and feeling empowered by overcoming an obstacle. It's difficult for me to see her as having prominent Si but her Fe seems so natural and flowy.

It could be that I'm overlooking "Si" content in the interview. @Eudaimonia does Nigella make cooking more approachable for you?

Yeah I think her more causal approach makes her recipes way less intimidating compared to other cooking show hosts. I can actually try to make the things she makes on her show.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Yeah I think her more causal approach makes her recipes way less intimidating compared to other cooking show hosts. I can actually try to make the things she makes on her show.
    I agree. there's something warm and encouraging about the way she talks through her recipe and that comes across in her writing too.

She refers to herself as a klutz in the kitchen, so right away she says I'm just like you and we're making the recipe together. Or she says she likes to use special eggs with golden yolks (but if the eggs you can buy are paler, or regular, the recipe will taste just as good )

It's nice to be reminded to not feel guilt around buying pre-made food or to associate guilt with food at all, and to think of home cooking as an experience or discovery to be taken at your own pace...not routine. I definitely feel inspired by her attitude.

Maybe I judged too quickly based on that QTV interview you linked to and she does have creative Si. I do think that relatability and loveliness of hers can come from Fe.

Here's another interview of hers, maybe it points to her valued functions ? 'Planning is pretty pointless' – life lessons from Nigella Lawson.