Thread: This Is The Most Honest Thing I Have Ever Written about Myself

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This Is The Most Honest Thing I Have Ever Written about Myself

*Done*
    Last edited by huiheiwufhawriuhg; 12-17-2021 at 10:34 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing. Are you EIE?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-IEI

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not IEI or EII. EIE or IEE. Glad you made this bc I didn't want to battletype you.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo it's definitely among types I've considered for myself.

It's interesting that @
    qaz00 says introverted while @inaLim rejects the introversion typing. Any reasoning behind that? Also why EIE or IEE? I do get they are both extroverted NF types but they use completely different functions and come from two oposing quadras, it's hardly possible for one to express both delta and beta values.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFP

Sweet Update

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE bc Si PoLR proneness to self destruction and losing items. I think IEIs more often go into philosophical conflict with ppl in casual conversation with strangers. EIE is more wary of that, maybe struggle with how to say it properly due to Se higher than Ti making it express more aggressive and less rational. u also seem to be more able to actualize things in reality + VI. IEI is less severe in judging other ppl as well.
    Last edited by VewyScawwyNawcissist; 12-12-2021 at 10:38 PM.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd say EIE.

I don't really see any Fi in what you write and all the other NF types show more Fi (at least I would expect them to). And the issue you have with closeness could very well be due to ignored Fi. This is the only time you mention anything Fi related and it shows more of a frustration with Fi than anything else, imo. I don't see respecting people's individuality as something related to Fi.

Also, you seem extraverted, impacting the world seems your main focus for example through your activism. Introverts are more focused on changing themselves or their thoughts and feelings first and foremost.

I know you say elsewhere that you've bad experiences with beta STs and I believe you, though I personally would focus on nailing down my own type before worrying about itr. For the record I've known delta STs who were quiet psychopathic and lacking in empathy so in my opinion that's neither here nor there. You've most likely had bad luck with the beta STs you've encountered. I think you embody beta quadra values quite well and don't see much delta.

The best way to distinguish between mirrors, in my not so humble opinion, is to look at temperaments. EJ can push through difficult situations. IP is more stereotypically sensitive in the sense of being more easily overwhemed by circumstances and, while often gifted, may give up in the face of adversity and difficulty and waste their potential.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 12-13-2021 at 06:39 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    EIE bc Si PoLR proneness to self destruction and losing items. I think IEIs more often go into philosophical conflict with ppl in casual conversation with strangers. EIE is more wary of that, maybe struggle with how to say it properly due to Se higher than Ti making it express more aggressive and less rational. u also seem to be more able to actualize things in reality + VI. IEI is less severe in judging other ppl as well.
    I would have thought the losing items thing would be more related to Te rather than Si, but idk, you could be right. The losing items thing is the only thing that made me think Te polr, though I don't really type by polr. But if that's more of an Si thing, then that's even more evidence for EIE. I agree with the rest of what you're saying.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@VewyScawwyNawcissistt When it comes to Si, I actually enjoy a few things that are commonly associeted with Si. I love to decorate, I've decorated my whole apartment and I love to help my friends with decorations as well. I also love to cook for my partner and my friends when they come over, I love it when people eat my food and like it. Nevertheless, I do not cook often, only when I know somebody else would eat my food and enjoy it. When it's just me I usually eat frozen pizza or order a take over. I also care about my looks and cultivate my style a lot, I prefer bold looks that make me stand out, but I also don't follow fashion trends per say, style is a very personal and uniqe expressions of personal image and mood for me. The truth however is that I don't care that much about health, I do things that are generally considered to be unhealthy and I tend to miss my appointments at the doctor's.

@Uncle Ave I don't know about weak Fi... I'm hyperaware of my own sentiments and often spend a lot of time alone thinking about how I feel. I can spend hours listening to music and feeling my feelings, outwarldy, I'm just more reserved expressing them for the sake of avoiding conflict with others. I also have very strong likes and dislikes toward people and things. I do have an issue wih closeness but hat is because I feel different from everyone. That is also why I'm into typology so much, I feel ultimatle weird and different from other people and it often feels really lonely, I wish there would be more people like me with whom I could feel deep real connections but I haven't met many of them and generally people make me feel tired and lonely. I do spend time with them because being with people I don't feel close to is better than being really alone for me.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    @VewyScawwyNawcissistt When it comes to Si, I actually enjoy a few things that are commonly associeted with Si. I love to decorate, I've decorated my whole apartment and I love to help my friends with decorations as well. I also love to cook for my partner and my friends when they come over, I love it when people eat my food and like it. Nevertheless, I do not cook often, only when I know somebody else would eat my food and enjoy it. When it's just me I usually eat frozen pizza or order a take over. I also care about my looks and cultivate my style a lot, I prefer bold looks that make me stand out, but I also don't follow fashion trends per say, style is a very personal and uniqe expressions of personal image and mood for me. The truth however is that I don't care that much about health, I do things that are generally considered to be unhealthy and I tend to miss my appointments at the doctor's.
    decoration can fall in line with Se, Ni, Ne and feeling too. u are an artistic person, the same goes about cooking, taste as aesthetic experience and the process as a creative. i get what u mean about Si tho it has been very confusing for me what the functions really are. EIE friend just got sick of thinking about it so much and now doesn't want anything to do with typology

I want to care

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo it's definitely among types I've considered for myself.

It's interesting that @
    qaz00 says introverted while @inaLim rejects the introversion typing. Any reasoning behind that? Also why EIE or IEE? I do get they are both extroverted NF types but they use completely different functions and come from two oposing quadras, it's hardly possible for one to express both delta and beta values.
    You say "none of that past was really me". I don't know whether you are led by raw emotion, prestige, idealized self-image, values, something else. I don't know whether your values form your identity, or whether you throw yourself into different identities and try on their values like a uniform. You have humanitarian club interests, but it doesn't sound like your values are rock-solid. So I'll leave the question of values to you.

Least likely would be EII. Too much identity instability & empty socializing to be Fi dom.

Beta NF works, but to be IEI, the tendencies are flipped the wrong way. You describe way too much social massaging to be Fe creative, and underneath it your Se is at least 2D. Too much concern about drive & standards, not enough fantasy and experiment. Alienated from people & can't be alone, instead of overwhelmed by people & missing out diving into life. Performing & deliberate, instead of organic & ambiguous. Close, but more like mirror.

I judge everyone including myself very, very harshly with a heavy dose of criticism that sometimes even turns into silent passive aggressive hatred.
    This is falseness I pick up on. You're either rational or negativist or both, and there is no way your dual is Fi PoLR. I'd expect overheating with SLE at minimum, and volatile close relations with SLE when that mask slips. Probably LSI too but many might like it.

Your overall vibe isn't IEI. IEI perception is unrealistic, too optimistic, over-idealizing, or excessively doubting/trusting. They are prone to romanticizing martyrdom, taking what comes their way in life, settling for survival mode in relationships, and paths of less effort. D subtype would be an exception. But they are way more self absorbed in their creative vision, caught up in their own momentum, secretly enjoy being competitive, influential, determining their own fate. Not this harsh criticism directed at people for not living up to your standards.

Assuming you're not an SF, that leaves EIE and IEE. I left IEE as an option because I've seen some of this is in them. for ex. Ellen DeGeneres is generally typed IEE or at least demo Fe, and she has a lot of these traits (social mask, hypercritical standards, passive-aggression, anger, rebellious, activist, driven). At a distance, Quasi-identicals overlap in interests, struggles, and behaviors. Same humanitarian club, both aristocratic, etc. EIE can take on any combination of values, including Delta values. Younger IEE "sit in" other quadra before settling back into Delta. Either ENFx approach to people can end up feeling like an outsider. But overall I'd lean EIE.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Uncle Ave I don't know about weak Fi... I'm hyperaware of my own sentiments and often spend a lot of time alone thinking about how I feel. I can spend hours listening to music and feeling my feelings, outwarldy, I'm just more reserved expressing them for the sake of avoiding conflict with others. I also have very strong likes and dislikes toward people and things. I do have an issue wih closeness but hat is because I feel different from everyone. That is also why I'm into typology so much, I feel ultimatle weird and different from other people and it often feels really lonely, I wish there would be more people like me with whom I could feel deep real connections but I haven't met many of them and generally people make me feel tired and lonely. I do spend time with them because being with people I don't feel close to is better than being really alone for me.
    I see.

How do you feel about the temperaments? IP, EP, IJ, EJ?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I see.

How do you feel about the temperaments? IP, EP, IJ, EJ?
    This one is a bit difficult. I relate to seeing reality as changing, circumstances, people, ideas they constantly develop and evolve and I’m highly aware of this. I also have my own idea of how reality should be, I want to influence and change it but at the same time, it’s often difficult to take action, as I often feel stuck among many possibilities.
    A goal is always just one for me but there can be 1000 different ways that can lead to it and I often hesitate as to which path to take, I often try many of them and waste time making ineffective decisions. I’m also quite moody and melancholic in general, I often find myself too emotional to get any real work done. However my natural state of mind isn’t relaxed and when I don’t feel productive I get depressed. I’m often tense and on the go, but often in a chaotic manner.

When it comes to people, I’m very shy, reserved and always wait for them to initiate conversation, I can be very avoidant when it comes to relationships.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one is a bit difficult. I relate to seeing reality as changing, circumstances, people, ideas they constantly develop and evolve and I’m highly aware of this. I also have my own idea of how reality should be, I want to influence and change it but at the same time, it’s often difficult to take action, as I often feel stuck among many possibilities.
    A goal is always just one for me but there can be 1000 different ways that can lead to it and I often hesitate as to which path to take, I often try many of them and waste time making ineffective decisions. I’m also quite moody and melancholic in general, I often find myself too emotional to get any real work done. However my natural state of mind isn’t relaxed and when I don’t feel productive I get depressed. I’m often tense and on the go, but often in a chaotic manner.

When it comes to people, I’m very shy, reserved and always wait for them to initiate conversation, I can be very avoidant when it comes to relationships.
    The bolded parts seem IP temperament. You could be IEI.

I agree with alot of what InaLim is saying about how your sense of identity seems unstable, you also seem to wear a mask and be aware of what your "social role" is, ie what role you're playing, which to me seems beta NF. For the record alot of what you write (people seeming not good enough for your standards) is an attitude I have seen an IEI-Fe I have known adopt, it doesn't seem unusual for IEI to be artistically and/or socially elitistic.

As an edit I will add that while you seem IP temperament overall, there are some elements of EJ peppered in what you wrote, for example feeling depressed when not productive. Je functions seem to accentuate both Te and Fe-like behaviors, so it would make sense if you have an Fe subtype that while you are mostly IP, you may have elements of EJ in your behaviors too.

TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bolded parts seem IP temperament. You could be IEI.
    no i think its even more EIE than IEI. IEI has more Fi and Si and higher Ni that can make them more aware of what's more consistent across the board. difficulty taking action is what everyone struggles with too, maybe INFx the most, LSE the least, but LSE doesn't have the vision, LIE has it, but they also have Te, and EIE doesn't have 4D Te. If u are NF ur vision will be harder to execute due to also being less concrete on top of u being less versed in Te things than someone else.

I want to care

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    no i think its even more EIE than IEI. IEI has more Fi and Si and higher Ni that can make them more aware of what's more consistent across the board. difficulty taking action is what everyone struggles with too, maybe INFx the most, LSE the least, but LSE doesn't have the vision, LIE has it, but they also have Te, and EIE doesn't have 4D Te. If u are NF ur vision will be harder to execute due to also being less concrete on top of u being less versed in Te things than someone else.
    I'm not exactly sure what about what I said it is you're disagreeing with. You think EIE struggles more with being executive than IEI, if I read you right? Edit nevermind I think you were talking about the parts where Fay mentioned things changing. What I meant was that this reveals a dynamic temperament. Ni doms are acutely aware of slight changes in situations or attitudes so I don't think that contradicts IEI. What is consistent is only so as a contrast to the backdrop of change and flux to an Ni dom.

Yes, EIE is not as executive as LSE but I'm not sure why you bring up LSE as it isn't something in contention.

I don't use dimensionality to type people, I think temperament is more useful when trying to determine between mirrors. EIE will always be more of an executive than IEI because of the temperaments.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni-D
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with temperament is studies show its partially genetic, and it changes with age. Subtypes & DCNH had to be made to explain why people of the same type can have a really broad range of temperament, to the point they don't match the stereotypical temperament. Ex Michael Jordan is LSI but has Ej temperament. @flames is EIE with Ep temperament.

Ip temperament specifically isn't very reliable because its the default for unhealthy lost, soul searching, or burnt out people. Long bouts of depression or excessive immersion in Ni/Si pushes almost anyone into an Ip temperament. I'm SLE but I was in that state as a kid growing up in a house of introverts & Ne, and a religious delta school. It took years being out on my own, and getting a taste of what I like, to really become my real self, Ep. I know a few ILE who haven't quite found their way and are basically drifting around as Ip.

That said, people do channel cultural ideals, parents, social group etc. OP if you're IEI, you're channeling some heavy negativist F/Te influence (top 100 women comment and some others stick out).

IMO for anyone whose sense of self isn't solid, I would take narrowing it down to mirror or even benefactor pairs as a victory, and focus on working out what's you and what's not you (your limiting beliefs, your parents, your baggage, your natural capabilities vs impossible social standards).

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post

That said, people do channel cultural ideals, parents, social group etc. OP if you're IEI, you're channeling some heavy negativist F/Te influence (top 100 women comment and some others stick out).

IMO for anyone whose sense of self isn't solid, I would take narrowing it down to mirror or even benefactor pairs as a victory, and focus on working out what's you and what's not you (your limiting beliefs, your parents, your baggage, your natural capabilities vs impossible social standards).
    I’m not channeling anyone. In the 21st century when women have just as much value in the work and intellectual world as men (or should have at least) it’s nonsensical for the cultures of any kind to continually value them for their looks and overlook their other qualities. You would hardly make such thread about men. Women are constantly being judged for their looks as if their only purpose is to please men’s eyes. This is not the 18th century and women should be celebrated for their knowledge, achievements and abilities as they play a vivid role in the society as professionals. Women have lost their value as a mean of just having children, in the overpopulated world our roles have changed for the better.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The problem with temperament is studies show its partially genetic, and it changes with age. Subtypes & DCNH had to be made to explain why people of the same type can have a really broad range of temperament, to the point they don't match the stereotypical temperament. Ex Michael Jordan is LSI but has Ej temperament. @flames is EIE with Ep temperament.

Ip temperament specifically isn't very reliable because its the default for unhealthy lost, soul searching, or burnt out people. Long bouts of depression or excessive immersion in Ni/Si pushes almost anyone into an Ip temperament. I'm SLE but I was in that state as a kid growing up in a house of introverts & Ne, and a religious delta school. It took years being out on my own, and getting a taste of what I like, to really become my real self, Ep. I know a few ILE who haven't quite found their way and are basically drifting around as Ip.
    People can deviate from their temperament a bit, at least stereotypically speaking, but the same thing could be said about any type trait. I think it's better to focus on club and temperament to determine type, and only look at things like quadra values and functions when one preference isn't clear (ie when the individual deviates from the stereotypical behavior associated with the preference, ie introverted extroverts or feelers with intellectual interests). Subtypes and DCNH were created by Gulenko to explain these deviations from the stereotypical behavior, and yet he still uses temperament as a main way to determine type (with DCNH on top as an added layer).

I agree that people can seem to change temperament during different life phases, during my partying phase just after high school I could have been stereotypically EP temperament, when more isolated and trying to find myself, I was very IP. But I also think that temperament, like any type trait, is more permanent than one's current life phase. I mainly seek to distill the most clear-cut characteristics of type - the Jungian preferences + static vs dynamic (from a cognitive standpoint, not just a behavioral one), rather than traits like dimensionality of functions, which is often much less clear-cut, especially when trying to determine between, say, 1d Se and 2d Se. It can be rather tough to tell apart, whereas IP vs EJ or static vs dynamic is much easier, even if it isn't infallibale.

At least that's what I think, I'm not saying I'm infalliable and I get that my view isn't the most popular in socionics circles, but it's my honest opinion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this description might suggest EIE in some ways, but it seems mostly consistent with IEI which is what I've typed you for the past 6-7 years.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, what made you come to that conclusion? Not saying you’re wrong but I personally would have pegged myself as EIE with Ip temperament— I’m incredibly lazy but I’m always ready for an adventure is how I would describe my temperament but maybe that is Ep since that’s a bit up and down I guess.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚