Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: The earth is round

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Perpetual Now View Post
    tell me this round earthers. why don't we get dizzy when the planet spins?
    why quibble with them if its not really about a flat earth at its heart, its about mistrust and alternate theory for them.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    If you are wealthy and can afford one of the extremely expensive private boarding schools (50K per year) that are scattered throughout lovely rural New England, you are more likely to get a top-rate true Classical Education,one that is very little like public education - but that is for the elite alone, the richest 1%.

(However, for the rest of us, who can manage it (not all can), there is homeschooling, well-worth the stigma relentlessly imposed on it. And Classical Education curriculum is enjoying a resurgence among homeschoolers now).
    Classical people believed in a round Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Is this how we start the second medieval age?
    Medieval people believed in a round Earth.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe earth is shaped like a triangle cuz the world is secretly controlled by the Illuminati

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXdedXx View Post
    I believe earth is shaped like a triangle cuz the world is secretly controlled by the Illuminati
    Just believe me it is a TRAPedzoid but you can split it into two triangles. **ck I think I actually love euclidean geometry and I have a love triangle going on with spherical and hyperbolic geometry.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The earth is Thicc

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    Just believe me it is a TRAPedzoid but you can split it into two triangles. **ck I think I actually love euclidean geometry and I have a love triangle going on with spherical and hyperbolic geometry.
    Have you heard of the time cube theory? Sounds very NT to me.

Edit:

Anyways, would like to add that the Earth had a nipple according to Christopher Columbus. Don't bite the breast that feeds.
    Last edited by Vex; 05-28-2020 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added a fun fact indeed
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;D round Earth is best Earth! Change my mind!

Fun fact: if you consider scale, the surface of the earth is more polished than that of a steel marble. A sphere is the most stable form, in outer space everything tends towards becoming a sphere. Given enough mass gravity will crush any object into a sphere. Due to spin the earth is actually more potato shaped. Asteroids are not sphere shaped, because they don't meet the minimum mass requirement.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In battle of the beliefs which fall into the category whacky-as-fuck, flat earthers at least have better arguments for their whacky-as-fuck belief that the earth is flat than Christians have for their whacky-as-fuck belief in virgin birth and human resurrection...the latter is right up there with lizard people.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    You all are really missing something if you don't tune in to some of what this theory says. Really, the thing with the flights is really interesting.

Here is an emergency landing for a birthing mom - and the site of the emergency landing ONLY makes sense on the flat earth. 47 second video! L@@K: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUCBcUJVnQs
    No. They aren't missing something. They're not wasting their time on an illusion being presented as fact. sigh.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    No. They aren't missing something. They're not wasting their time on an illusion being presented as fact. sigh.
    Actually, a measured response here. And yes, those videos on 'look a proof for flat Earth' are absolute scam.

Alaska /was/ closer than LA. If you assume Earth is spherical, then you can't really show at once correct distances, correct shapes and correct proportions between any two points on a map (give scale is larger as it is here). You have to project a 3D image on a 2D map - you lose some information. It is much easier to circumnavigate the globe around the pole than around the equator - see by playing with a globe model.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_projection 'all projections distort the surface to some extent'

So, if you actually use Google Earth or an app like that - something that has a 3D model in mind - and measure those distances by their 'ruler' option, you can see that the distance between Bali and Alaska is actually shorter than between Bali and LA. But that would require an ability and motivation to fact-check or something. And using geometry.

Anything around the poles is usually projected as much bigger/larger than it actually is, with commonly used Mercator projection (used also in that video):

The dots keep scale. All are comparable distances/areas in fact. Just some are closer to the equator, and some are not.

See on this one where is Alaska and where LA, for example (it tries to keep the proper distance):

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If time is cubed, what is the earth?

https://timecube.2enp.com/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    If time is cubed, what is the earth?

https://timecube.2enp.com/
    HA HA HA. That still exists?!? Awesome.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, wow, why didn't I end this LONG ago? It's my belief in free speech taken a bit too far. If you want to talk about flat earth, or have a place to mock people that like to think about things you have been told don't need any thinking about, then start our own thread!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425