Thread: EIE and Enneagram

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIE and Enneagram

Hi all! I was curious how an EIE would look with varying enneagram?
    I'm interested in the more unusual typings (e.g 5w4, 6w5 etc.) but still curious about the others.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are some people who think that most EIE's are e2, with a few e3's thrown in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foA0EAg3bJw

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain exceptions aside (eg. I've never heard of an SEI e8 hahah), the correlations between Enneagram and Socionics don't seem too stringent. I know of at least 2 e6 EIEs on the forums, myself (6w7) and @golden (6w5). IIRC @Carolus is an e4. Perhaps @Blue and @Tearsofaclown can chime in

I could see why e2 is viewed as a quintessentially Fe base type, but there are certainly exceptions. IIRC @Beautiful sky (an EII) is an e2. The one EIE e3 I know of on the forums is @Chae
    An ex gf's Father was an EIE who seemed almost certainly like an e8, though those seem uncommon.

Personally, I'm a 6w7 primary, and my tritype is 6w7, 2w1, 8w9, in that order. 628 Sx/So (allegedly ******'s tritype lmao). To reinforce @Adam Strange post, e2 is a very strong part of my tritype; on tests my 2 score is nearly as strong as my 6. I have almost no relation to 3 whatsoever tho
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's different typologies based on different principles. links between types can be any
    some links mb more often, but about this there is no good researches and no good theory basis
    there are doubtful stats and muddy speculations only

think about Enneagram types as independent ones
    Last edited by Sol; 02-19-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    Beautiful sky (an EII) is an e2
    she's unreasonably rude for EII and has EIE
    what Enneagram types people have is similarly doubtful as with Jung's types

> Personally, I'm a 6w7 primary

while you can to have ESI, what probably could to notice by IR test

It needs to type by both typologies a lot of people to notice the dependencies if those exist and evaluate their strengthes.
    It's possibly to go from theory side to assume which types matches may be more common. For example, introverts and E9 have the similarity in descriptions. So we may say that among E9 there should be more introverts. While EIE mb said as having significant traits of E1, besides traits of other E-types.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain exceptions aside (eg. I've never heard of an SEI e8 hahah), the correlations between Enneagram and Socionics don't seem too stringent. I know of at least 2 e6 EIEs on the forums, myself (6w7) and @golden (6w5). IIRC @Carolus is an e4. Perhaps @Blue and @Tearsofaclown can chime in
    Thanks for the mention! I thought I was 5w4, but I'm starting to think I may be more 4w5. I'm thinking EIE 5w4 probably isn't a likely combination either and I relate quite a bit to Carolus' posts here too. Hamlet is EIE and also most likely 4w5 and that's a good way of thinking about the type and how I tend to be too!

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lono View Post
    Hi all! I was curious how an EIE would look with varying enneagram?
    I'm interested in the more unusual typings (e.g 5w4, 6w5 etc.) but still curious about the others.
    EIE is 2w1 and only 2w1

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    EIE is 2w1 and only 2w1
    How do you think enneagram 2 relates to Ni creative and Si polr?

And how do you think the “to be loved” agenda of the 2 relates to EIE?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post

I only said earlier that EIE's would most likely be e2's because of this: https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...nneagram-2/15/

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post

it correlates to Fe lead

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    it correlates to Fe lead
    I think it fits with Fe lead, and assume others can make that connection. The things I asked about are unclear to me.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I could see why e2 is viewed as a quintessentially Fe base type, but there are certainly exceptions. IIRC @Beautiful sky (an EII) is an e2. The one EIE e3 I know of on the forums is @Chae
    An ex gf's Father was an EIE who seemed almost certainly like an e8, though those seem uncommon.

Personally, I'm a 6w7 primary, and my tritype is 6w7, 2w1, 8w9, in that order. 628 Sx/So (allegedly ******'s tritype lmao). To reinforce @Adam Strange post, e2 is a very strong part of my tritype; on tests my 2 score is nearly as strong as my 6. I have almost no relation to 3 whatsoever tho
    @Sol is having a very hard time aligning the real with the idea...exactly what my signature says about ESTj :/
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm p sure my friend is EIE 2w3 and just to give some examples of how that works together -- he definitely doesn't do any Si caregiving or 'mothering' like type 2 descriptions would usually lean towards. But he's very big at putting himself in the middle of social circles. His main motivation (I think - not that I could know this for sure) is to be someone of value in his community. In the best ways this means he often looks out for those around him and makes an effort to raise them up. He's doing some amazing work for sure and it's all charity based. On the not so good side, he talks a lot of hot air and really inflates his importance. If he were giving compliments to someone it would often actually be about himself ("I always believed in you. I always knew you were good. I always talked about how good you were.")

A direct EIE correlation is he tends to mobilise people around him. He created a bunch of voluntary roles in his organisation and got his friends to fill them. This was a really really great thing he did in providing these opportunities but also in typical 2 fashion he would make it about himself again ("I realised I was in a position to help others and you needed this experience so I created it for you"). On his worst days he makes you feel like he's doing you a favour by being your friend ("I'm so busy but I made the time for you") and on his best he's a big ol' flirt and can charm anyone into doing what he wants (and usually he uses that power for good). He's always talking about the importance of community and what his place and purpose is within that.

I do agree with golden that the typical 2 description doesn't really lend itself to EIE though. My friend is almost almost threeish and it's only when I compare him to EIE 3s that I see the difference. I think my ex is ESE 2 and he talked a lot less about what he was doing but interfered a lot more.

hope this helps and is accurate
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I only said earlier that EIE's would most likely be e2's because of this: https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...nneagram-2/15/
    That assumes Heidi Priebe defines MBTI types the same way you define Sociotypes.
    Which is not the case.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kouhai View Post
    That assumes Heidi Priebe defines MBTI types the same way you define Sociotypes.
    Which is not the case.
    Very true, @kouhai, but this is the best information that I’m aware of. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing.