Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What attracts and repels you in a person?

Default What attracts and repels you in a person?

What is your type and makes you want to open up with someone?
    What makes you want to ignore or avoid someone?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too shallow, two-faced or shit talky about insignificant things. Not too mindlessly competitive (obviously arguing on a forum if it’s an entertaining discussion is different), although completely sterile and nice isn’t compelling to me either on the other hand; it just means more repression and insanity.

Not too many loose or ethically questionable comments or behaviors. No shitty attitude towards me or towards others without a non-retarded reason.

... Would make me want to open up, maybe.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sincerity, innocence, "helplessness", kindness, selflessness, mystery, positivity, openness, nonjudgmental, cheerful, happy.

What makes me wanna ignore them is basically the opposite of those things.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magnets in our pockets.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to easily open up to people who seem to be confident in areas of life where I lack confidence without being cocky about it. Also it's often easier for me to open up to people who share a similar experience as me (lgbt, black, child of immigrant, etc...)

I have a hard time opening up to people that I find to be rude, dishonest or lacking empathy.

When it comes to straight up attraction I'm not sure I know honestly... But I often end up being attracted to people who are nice to me without being weird, pushy or annoying. Also I like hot guys.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Repels:

- Planning, rules, strict morality, everything to do with anal retentiveness
    - People who try to manipulate, guard, and force a conversation as if great conversations can't occur naturally. Smiling retardedly at awkwardness is included.
    - Submissiveness and tenderness and traditional femininity
    - Conservative and without a brain

Attracts
    - insanity

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that I never thought would repel me, stereotypically as a guy also, is feeling sorry for yourself or just being unappealingly self deprecating. Truly feeling bad is one thing and for some reason that draws me in, but moping about and whining, I thought it would put me into some hero mode or something, but a girl acted that way around me and man and at that moment it was decided that she was just a friend. I lost all attraction like I had a hole in my pocket, and she was decent looking too. I always been told girls are the ones that like confidence in guys but I guess I like confidence too.

What makes me open up is if someone is genuine, I get a whiff of that and it's over.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attracts: Confidence, integrity, Reliability, industriousness, Humility

Repels: Dishonesty, arrogance, egotism
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hard to answer this one confidently, but I'd say receiving and giving vulnerability and honesty.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things that especially appeal to me in a person include: intelligence, strength, conviction, passion, creativity, sensitivity, and kindness.

Things that I find outright unappealing in a person: lack of expressiveness, cruelty, childishness, and intolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBibimbap View Post
    attracts me/makes me open up:
    bring friendly and social,
    striking up conversations with me and not giving up when I don't reply or don't use emojis...,
    not taking things too serious and personally,
    sharing one of my boring yet productive hobbies,
    sensor jokes ,
    bringing me into the moment,
    caring more than me about things,
    mutability, ability to grow and change
    proving me wrong, surprising me

repels me:
    shrinking flowers,
    dependency,
    lack of confidence,
    blaming external circumstances,
    overly touchy and suffocating,
    meddling with my private life,
    raising your voice/screaming at me,
    attempting to control me,
    hatred - towards anything really, I don't identify with this emotion at all
    impulsive decisions and emotions

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Repels: someone who wants to murder me. Yeah that must be one. Someone who puts too much on fate instead of rigorous testing. Someone whose sense of humor is close to zero.

As per being open? I'm pretty much an open book to everyone even if I'm bit hard to understand.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this but unironically

Not happy. Maybe grumpy. DropDeadRed's Avatar
    TIM
    1w9 sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of integrity is a big problem for me, inconsistency, important lies, and primates violent and incapable of another form of expression than hate and their selves. Lack of respect.

I like a certain level of open mindedness, calmness, someone you can talk to, joke with, yell at, and them at me, without it becoming the end of the world. An offbeat sense of humor is defo a +, it doesn't have to be like mine. A bit of adventure. Live.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attraction in general? I like interesting people.

Sexual attraction? I’d say I’m attracted to many different types, and it’s hard to pin down specific features. The only ones I can think of and not being very overweight, and having visible breasts (I don’t really care about size as long as a woman isn’t completely flat-chested). I’m also attracted to a sense of casualness — not feeling self conscious.
    @xXdedXx, since you mentioned not being attracted to “whores”, I would say that if anything I’m particularly attracted to promiscuity if it’s based in self-confidence.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @xXdedXx, since you mentioned not being attracted to “whores”, I would say that if anything I’m particularly attracted to promiscuity if it’s based in self-confidence.
    You want someone who has a harem? Asking for a friend.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You want someone who has a harem? Asking for a friend.
    Are you asking if I want to be part of a harem? Hm, traditionally the harem-master is supposed to provide for the concubines. If this is the arrangement, then sure, depending of course on a few other circumstances.

TIM
    1w9 sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol

TIM
    1w9 sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hail to those who want a slave.I read all your posts, cocksucker. Come on.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attracts: High levels of ethics and integrity, kind, forgiving, honest but not harsh, patient, loyal, knows what they believe, takes a stance on right and wrong, mean what they say, practice what they preach, etc.

Repels: Low levels of ethics and integrity, rude, vindictive, harsh and hostile, two faced, liars, egoistic, argumentative, loud and obnoxious, always neutral, always negative, 'my way or the highway's attitudes, etc.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Attracts: High levels of ethics and integrity, kind, forgiving, honest but not harsh, patient, loyal, knows what they believe, takes a stance on right and wrong, mean what they say, practice what they preach, etc.

Repels: Low levels of ethics and integrity, rude, vindictive, harsh and hostile, two faced, liars, egoistic, argumentative, loud and obnoxious, always neutral, always negative, 'my way or the highway's attitudes, etc.
    Interesting, all the "repels" part is basically all Beta traits.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    Interesting, all the "repels" part is basically all Beta traits.
    I usually get along with Beta introverts well but the extroverts I do in fact find difficult to be around a lot of the time. That feeling is usually mutual with EIEs but scarcely so with SLE's for some reason.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I usually get along with Beta introverts well but the extroverts I do in fact find difficult to be around a lot of the time. That feeling is usually mutual with EIEs but scarcely so with SLE's for some reason.
    Same. For some reason, the Betas I stand the most are LSI's. But the others make my teeth hurt. I have an LSI and IEI in my friends group, and I have more issues with the IEI, he tends to just come from behind me and punch me or something, so once I just turned around and pimp-slapped him and he whined.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

repel: bullies and hatemongers, and people who are over-the-top friendly or jolly
    attract: intelligence - people who offer unique insight (certainly not like that of a fox or a quoter).....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    repel: bullies and hatemongers, and people who are over-the-top friendly or jolly
    attract: intelligence - people who offer unique insight (certainly not like that of a fox or a quoter).....

a.k.a. I/O
    That doesnt sound like ESE to me? Couod be wrong sorry to bother u about it.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attracted to
    kind
    warm & expressive
    a sense of awe
    flirtatious energy, sexual energy
    affectionate
    discreet
    insightful about life
    does their own research
    puts in the work required to have an informed opinion
    willing to admit when they can't do / don't know / don't understand something yet
    willing to learn & try new things outside their comfort zone
    willing to get back up or be helped back up if they fall
    willing to face their problems and try to work on them
    flexible, able to be spontaneous
    willing to get dirty
    quiet but willing to speak out when things are really wrong

Repelled by
    Other than no-brainers like not being an asshole, using people, actual bullies:

no "off" switch
    busybody, micromanager, nosy
    tiresome troll, childishly provocative, gossip
    interprets everything personally, self-absorbed,
    projects motivations & agendas onto others
    thinks in stereotypes and is oblivious to it
    hyper-rational, data-dependent, or utopian idealist to the point of stupidity
    parrot, fixed ideology, reactionary, contrarian
    full of shit. constantly lying. white lies. bluffs. delusions of grandeur. lying just to hear the sound of their own voice
    lies of omission, plausible deniability, playing "by the book" while abusing the spirit of it
    takes the moral high ground but won't speak out, won't openly back up a person who does
    words say "deep convictions & values", actions say "let someone else handle it" "cover-your-ass"
    silent majority

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    That doesnt sound like ESE to me? Couod be wrong sorry to bother u about it.
    I'm assuming that you're referring to intelligence, which really has nothing to do with type. Type usually indicates how intelligence may be applied and I've met smart and stupid of every type - also insecure and elitists of every type......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm assuming that you're referring to intelligence, which really has nothing to do with type. Type usually indicates how intelligence may be applied and I've met smart and stupid of every type - also insecure and elitists of every type......

a.k.a. I/O
    Seeking unique insight kind of "intelligence" and disliking "over the top friendly jolly" ppl sounds more like the opposite to ESE. It seems you are more attracted to alpha NT traits than to your dual's.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-08-2020 at 06:05 PM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repels: controlling, vindictive, materialistic, short sighted

Attracts: harmonious, laid-back, cheerful, selfless, playful

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Seeking unique insight kind of "intelligence" and disliking "over the top friendly jolly" ppl sounds more like the opposite to ESE. It seems you are more attracted to alpha NT traits than to your dual's.
    You seem to be implying that ESE can never be insightful or intelligent, or have a somewhat sombre nature; I disagree.
    If my history is any indication, I've been attracted to more ESIs than any other type - and yes, like all other types, ESI can also be insightful and intelligent......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You seem to be implying that ESE can never be insightful or intelligent, or have a somewhat sombre nature; I disagree.
    I never said that. You said unique insight, and sensors are not typically "unique". Don't put words in my mouth.

Unique: being the only existing one of its type or, more generally, unusual, or special in some way.

If my history is any indication, I've been attracted to more ESIs than any other type - and yes, like all other types, ESI can also be insightful and intelligent......

a.k.a. I/O
    Then, mb you are not attracted to unique insight, rather, just insight or insight related to physical world or interpersonal relations etc. That's mb not even unique, but mb you perceive it as "unique" due seeing just your own perspective as "normalcy" in such areas (subjective 1D perception in other words). Then, over the top friendly and jolly doesn't match much ESE.

Anyway, I really don't care to what traits you feel attracted to. Was just clarifying N9 socionics comment. Or mb you were just twiddling.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeking unique insight kind of "intelligence" and disliking "over the top friendly jolly" ppl sounds more like the opposite to ESE
    I'm tempted to type a person I know as ESE and I wouldn't say over top friendly jolly applies. ESEs can be chronic worriers; if they sense a negative consequence coming their way any trace of friendliness can just vanish and they go business mode. They worry and have push-through personalities, so they are good at planning ahead and with money, generally. The type of person that does well in their profession or that has secretly amassed a small fortune over the years.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    I'm tempted to type a person I know as ESE and I wouldn't say over top friendly jolly applies. ESEs can be chronic worriers; if they sense a negative consequence coming their way any trace of friendliness can just vanish and they go business mode. They worry and have push-through personalities, so they are good at planning ahead and with money, generally. The type of person that does well in their profession or that has secretly amassed a small fortune over the years.
    that sounds ESI to me. My mom is ESE and a good friend of mine too. My ESE mom is actually not good to save money and none of them both find easy to make it either. :/ They both are friendly and cheerful. They don't have business mode. They have friendly mode, unfriendly mode, which are not related to business. They both are not good at planning ahead. They are responsible workers, though.

I know ESI who's good at saving and making money. I know SEE who's good for making money, but not saving. Both seem in need for advice in what and how to invest (ie. how to make their money work for them instead of the opposite).

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sounds ESI to me. My mom is ESE and a good friend of mine too. My ESE mom is actually not good to save money and none of them both find easy to make it either. :/ They both are friendly and cheerful. They don't have business mode. They have friendly mode, unfriendly mode, which are not related to business. They both are not good at planning ahead. They are responsible workers, though.

I know ESI who's good at saving and making more money. I know SEE who's good for making money, but not saving.
    I’ll check for SEE but I don’t see ESI. A close relative of this ESE (¿?) is an ESI and the differences are striking. ESE’s miniscandals over literally everything due to constant fear can extend to money-matters and this shields them from unwise decisions. There’s more of the ESE profile as a whole that fits the person than SEE.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attract:
    Friendliness, easy-going, cheerfulness, joviality, adaptability, modesty, in touch with nature, intelligence, creativity

Repel:
    Dishonesty, frequent aggressive moods, pushiness, bragging, being overly materialistic

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Open up how? My asshole or my heart???

Lust wise (maybe love too), I am into people who are naturally very ethical but don't flaunt it and NEVER condescend others with it (that itself is a huge turn off) But they are still a good person when push comes to shove, more naturally tho. It's kind of very refreshing, sorta the opposite you feel while watching TV. There is no 'platitudes' about it. And they understand the difference between a fantasy and actually doing something really well. And this is a core to the person I mean. I am repulsed by people who pretend to be 'good' for something career-ish but beneath that veil they are actually pretty cruel and heartless. Te polr maybe but I am pretty sensitive to that. =D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things that attract me:
    - People that can relate to me and my mindset
    - People that can totally understand me
    - People that know what they're doing/talking about
    - Realism, Objectivity, and Neutrality
    - Factual information
    - Argumentation and Debating
    - Close-mindedness
    - People proving others wrong

Things that repel me:
    - People being fake to makes themselves look good
    - People believing they're always right
    - People mocking and laughing at me for no reason
    - People believing that life has meaning
    - Posting memes and other "funny" stuff
    - Happiness, Excitement, Optimism, and Touchiness
    - People brainwashed by society
    - Delusional people
    Last edited by SkyNova20; 10-23-2020 at 08:04 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strong but vulnerable
    Doesn't take themself so seriously
    Values health and good lifestyle
    Values quality
    Confident, charismatic
    Sharp
    Not overly materialistic
    Doesn't take BS
    Will call me out on things. don't just.. let me.. do stupid things because you want to be nice..
    Considers my suggestions
    Honesty, probably even bluntness
    wants to be their best self
    Integrity
    Must be genuine. i can't stand people who aren't.
    Skeptical of things, critical thinker
    Presence
    people who stand up for themselves and what they believe in
    Smooth driver
    banter

Usually I can tell if I will like someone just from the way they move in their environment

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attractive:
    Intelligent
    Not overly formulaic in interaction and in the development of a relationship (it feels oppresive and it makes me depressed)
    Not easily swayed by easy, go-to truths. Can think critcally.
    As a result, they are fair and gentle in their judgements of others.
    Confident enough to act independently
    Approachable
    At least somewhat reliable.
    Absence of a sadistic streak (e.g.: they are kind to all animals)
    Optional: tallish.

Repelling:
    Too many ‘feeler’ vibes
    Close-mindedness
    Isoelectric encephalogram
    Domineering and sadistic. I’m not into zoophilia, thanks.
    Last edited by Rusal; 10-23-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBibimbap View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast