Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting facts about you

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Sure, you don't have to use the past to construct what you are right now. No problem with that
    And who wouldn't want to leave out what they find inconvenient. It would take a very brave realist
    Even better still: I think people would be better off to leave out the past when they have no actual relationship to the past. A lot of trouble in the world is caused by people attributing a lot of meaning and personal significance to things the have no FACTUAL relationship with.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    i've never heard of anybody deliberately constructing their identity off of ancestry, so i can't say i really "get" what you're saying. either way, i don't see how it's a big deal. ancestral tradition has always been a thing. and i wouldn't fault anybody for being selective in their identity.
    That's exactly the problem: people aren't deliberately constructing their identities, they most of the time do it completely mindlessly and ignorantly.

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    mostly i am just interested in the lives of my antecedents and how grand-scale events (WWII) affected them personally.
    And this is my point: they most likely DIDN'T affect you personally, not to a significant extent. That you think they did, is a fantasy, a construct. And in this day and age, a social construct. I don't know about your country, but in my country, according to cultural and social scientists, this 'construction of identities' through commemoration of WWII events is actively manipulated by the government in order to mold people into nicely behaving citizens (i.e. not so much to actually commemorate what happened in WWII). To put it differently, people aren't actually creating their identities themselves, it's being done for them!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I'm also distantly related to James Dean.
    I have too cats. I haven't checked, but I'm sure I'm distantly related to them too.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A magpie almost murdered me on two separate occasions.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandfather's first cousin's husband was Lord-Mayor of London.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I have a scar on my leg from falling onto a chainsaw when I was little.

I have memories of my mom telling me to read the newspaper to her friends before I entered kindergarten like a parlor trick.

As a teenager I ran away from home so often that one time when I came back my family had moved while I was gone and I had to call around to find them. During one of these adventures I stayed with a boyfriend in a tent in the woods when it was 40 below zero.

I have dermatophagia. yum.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I once ran a popular MBTI/Enneagram blog with 3k followers on Tumblr. After people spammed my inbox with 700+ asks, I got so stressed with answering all of them properly and university that I decided to quit. Notable details about this blog: My best (stupid) meme got 7k notes, I signed my posts with "Admin X" although I was the only person running the site, and: the blog started out as an astrology site where I offered natal chart readings.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never been drunk in my life and I don't plan to.

That probably makes me more boring than interesting. It was the closest 'interesting' thing I could come up with right now.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My life philosophy:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    I was smacked by a mountain gorilla in Rwanda.
    Oh shoot
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The earliest time I argued with people was in 1.5-2 years old.
    I could not to say ok words, but the sense was I doubt that parrents will do what they promise based on my previous experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Exception View Post
    I've never been drunk in my life and I don't plan to.
    You need to visit winter Moscow to expand your experiences. At -20 C people change their priorities.

Interesting. Reverse scenario for my grandparents: their home in Königsberg was raided by the Russians when they seized Poland
    The Poland was seized by Germany since 1939, while Russians have liberated it from your ******ists.
    While Königsberg was part of Germany and seized by you since 13th century and was liberated by us too. Now it's glory Kaliningrad.

> grandpa got imprisoned by the Russians

Because he was damn nazist and killed Russians in war against us. You may thank that we have allowed to live him after his crimes. Russia have lost 20 millions of people and a lot of resources, while your granny planed to rob and genocide of Russians. Similar he did with poles. And now your USAs propaganda says about seizing.
    Last edited by Sol; 09-24-2017 at 03:29 PM.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first piano teacher that I ever had dropped me as a student. She said my fingers were too small, and that I'd never be able to play piano.

I was kicked out of choir in middle school because I didn't have a good enough voice.

Decades later, I'm now a classically trained pianist, I teach music to kids and encourage them in it, and I lead praise and worship at church. (God is so awesome like that)
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have hemphobia (fear of blood) and have fainted countless times even at the description of wounds or thoughts of blood.

My accent is Scottish though I was born in London and my parents are full on Cockneys. We moved North when I was two.

I have two brothers and both are on the Autistic Spectrum (one has Autism and moderate learning difficulties, the other has Aspergers). I am not diagnosed as having ASD though do have Generalised Anxiety Disorder.

Despite being really timid and safety conscious in daily life, I enjoy theme parks and trying the most fastest thrilling rides there. Next Month I'm going to Euro Disney (Paris) for Halloween.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I have a scar on my leg from falling onto a chainsaw when I was little.
    At least it didn't fall on you!

I have never broken a bone in my life.

I have always had a good memory for numbers and facts - I memorized over 30 digits of pi and a lot of poetry when I was in high school - but I frequently forget mundane things.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The largest of my traumatic scars is 8 cm long.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The largest of my traumatic scars is 8 cm long.
    that's so Se of u

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have claustrophobia, I never use the elevator and I only use steps. It doesn't matter if I go on the 10th or the first floor. I fear of getting trapped in small places, public bathrooms have been my great worry. I never lock the door when I use it, it's brought me into pretty amberrasing situations. I also carry my cell phone when I go to a public bathroom so in a case I'd get trapped I could always call someone to come save me. I never lock the door anywhere, but it doesn't matter so much in my own apartment.

I had ADHD as a child, even though I officially don't have it anymore, I think I still do. I have all the symptoms.

Even though I'd love to be a rock singer, I've been told by my most of my music teacher, that I should've studied opera. I have contra-alto which is the lowest female voice and it's rare and valued among classic musicians.

I love pets, animals, all of them. Some people say that they are a "dog person" or a "cat person", but I'm an all animals person.

I've been an off and on vegetarian/vegan for a few years now. People say that they hate vegans and vegetarians that tell others how eating meat is evil, well I had gotten ridiculed by my enviroment so much for not eating meat that I just had to start again. The pressure is just too much. Now I've been not eating meat again, but I'm too ashamed to tell anyone.

I have existencial anxiety to the point I sometimes can't cope with anything at all.

I can be deep and I sort of try to be mysterious, but there's a very immature and childlike side to me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once ran a popular MBTI/Enneagram blog with 3k followers on Tumblr. After people spammed my inbox with 700+ asks, I got so stressed with answering all of them properly and university that I decided to quit. Notable details about this blog: My best (stupid) meme got 7k notes, I signed my posts with "Admin X" although I was the only person running the site, and: the blog started out as an astrology site where I offered natal chart readings.
    post the meme

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol i used this very format in my 'what's my type' thread, i didn't know this thread existed

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    post the meme
    It got lost in my archive, there are over 9 months of meme material I can't find it

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It got lost in my archive, there are over 9 months of meme material I can't find it
    You're my hero

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlutteringShyxx View Post
    You're my hero
    Your typology meme hero? Why not though. That could be my new forum task. I found this recently:

Then I made this:

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I have existencial anxiety to the point I sometimes can't cope with anything at all.
    I suffered from social anxiety disorder very badly when I was younger. Still have it in a mild form.
    I can't even tell if I'm socially an introvert oder extrovert.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Hello

I suffered from social anxiety disorder very badly when I was younger. Still have it in a mild form.
    Sorry to hear that . I know anxiety can really suck, from the difficulities I've been through in my life, this one is among the worst.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Owl. I'm aware that only people that expirenced anxiety for themselves can really relate.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Hello

I can't even tell if I'm socially an introvert oder extrovert.

I have pretty bad anxiety too. Generalised though I am still very socially hesitant and concerned about what others think about me :/

sorry to hear that others have it too.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never vomited. Maybe in early childhood, but not since then. I don't know what it feels like.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

❤ nobody can tell when i'm being serious or joking around
    ❤ i've been nicknamed "casper" by several different groups due to my paleness
    ❤ i stutter so bad around my crushes that one of them legitimately thought i had a foreign accent
    ❤ stray cats in my neighborhood circle my home
    ❤ in 6th grade i placed second in a provincial wide essay-writing competition
    ❤ later that year i found myself on the same soccer team as the girl who placed first and we became friends
    ❤ i used to get in trouble for talking to the opposition during soccer games when i was a kiddo
    ❤ i was temporarily in the hospital for severe depression in my teens but nobody knew
    ❤ i collect random objects i've found in places where they don't belong
    ❤ i can't swim at all
    ❤ i'm terrified of the dark when i'm indoors but outdoors i can cope with it quite easily
    ❤ i've broken my right pinky toe thrice by walking into the same wall
    ❤ there's probably more but these are a few humorous ones

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My 1st and relatively known work for Socionics is dated by 2002 year.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I was younger, my dream was to become a comic book artist. I would spend most of my free time making comic books. I even made copies for my friends!

Now, that is just a long lost forgotten dream. I don't feel as creative anymore.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    When I was younger, my dream was to become a comic book artist. I would spend most of my free time making comic books. I even made copies for my friends!

Now, that is just a long lost forgotten dream. I don't feel as creative anymore.
    When I was younger I wanted to be a civil engineer. As a little kid I had a big roll of paper (like a till roll but A-4 and huge) and I would draw blueprints for vehicles on it.

Would you still become a comic book artist if you could?
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Apparently I'm very good at shutting people out

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    When I was younger I wanted to be a civil engineer. As a little kid I had a big roll of paper (like a till roll but A-4 and huge) and I would draw blueprints for vehicles on it.

Would you still become a comic book artist if you could?
    As a career, probably not. I'd like to revive the dream as a side hobby though

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I made a list of things I'd never do when I was about 16. On this list was that I'd never smoke a tobacco cigarette, go to a bar, get a divorce, or get a tattoo. I have never went to a bar, smoked a tobacco cigarette, or gotten a divorce still at age 30, but when I was about 20 I suddenly became obsessed with the idea of getting a tattoo. So I got one and almost everyone is surprised when I tell them I have one, and now I kind of regret it. I was going through some weird phase at the time.
    What is it?

I have an ugly flower on my wrist that I picked off the wall at the parlor on a whim because the only reason I got a tattoo was because I wanted to find out what it was like to get one, lol. It hurt less than I expected, but it's not a very bony spot.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the first person to have an engineering degree from the village I came from or so I was told (it isn't like I know everyone there)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I can stick my whole fist in my mouth.

Wanna see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

I can do this too
    How has no one responded to this yet?

Yes.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm 4th generation with engineering degree in the family line by sirname.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can turn anything into a political statement.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i bungee jumped
    I scuba dived
    Canyoneering
    (i like jumping lololols because it makes me feel alive. I love the feeling not fearing if you will die or not and enjoying the moment during the moment of fall)
    I love amusement parks as well and I love shouting a lot and raising my hands 👐
    I love mountain climbing because it makes me get in touch with nature
    I love going to a foreign place without a map and just figuring out the place (it's exciting)
    I have the capability to know someone's intention or read a person easily
    When i was in high school my friend and I made one teacher be kicked out of school
    I'm a nerd at math i joined sudoku and scrabble and won champ.
    I was also good at logic where i get the highest grade in the whole IT department
    I can speak three languages
    I am a master of three programming languages
    I'm asian
    I'm an entp
    I am a sexual troller online
    My past time was trolling too. I was a troll when i was a teen. There's one time i trolled one site at our college and i was sent to the principals office
    I have the talent to convince someone easily
    Eventhough i got some troubles i can actually get out of it, because i can read people easily and i know what they expect me to say or what they expect to hear.
    I'm a Compulsive liar to my parents all my teenage life i lie, that's probably why i practiced being a criminal lol
    I think i can be a criminal
    I always thought of criminal scenarios and how to execute it but i just cannot do it.
    I always play I'm stupid or innocent and see how people react
    I'm really a deep person

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The last time I visited Moscow was in 2002-2003. I've brought a large bag of books from it. On of them was Jung "Psychological Types".

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast