Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever learn anything from you dreams?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Nice dodge.
    Forreal tho, I still have the ring. But I risked losing it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    shouldn't it be pretty obvious by now that you are ESI
    impressive that you have enough information to type me when i haven't been posting very much and I've never spoken to you besides a sentence or two on the forum

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consistencyofenergy View Post
    impressive that you have enough information to type me when i haven't been posting very much and I've never spoken to you besides a sentence or two on the forum
    That's how we all do it on this forum

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Forreal tho, I still have the ring. But I risked losing it.
    And u were happy about it

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    shouldn't it be pretty obvious by now that you are ESI
    We’ve been saying this for years now.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I learn not to fall asleep on my hands and to keep the thermostat low.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreams are very important to me. I wouldn’t say life changing but they can point you to a better direction if you take the time to listen. I struggle to remember whole parts of them because they’re very odd but the important things, the explainable things stick out to me. Sometimes I can’t even find a rational meaning from them but I sort of know anyways, intuitively. I was talking about one I had earlier today but I don’t want to bring it back up here just because I get bored of talking about the same shit once I’ve reached a conclusion.

Sometimes I wish I could turn them off just to get to the action of daytime quicker, and because they can be too much to handle. I’m grateful I don’t have chronic nightmares anymore and I think that’s a sign of my psyche and my life improving. Blah blah.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    Dreams are very important to me. I wouldn’t say life changing but they can point you to a better direction if you take the time to listen. I struggle to remember whole parts of them because they’re very odd but the important things, the explainable things stick out to me. Sometimes I can’t even find a rational meaning from them but I sort of know anyways, intuitively. I was talking about one I had earlier today but I don’t want to bring it back up here just because I get bored of talking about the same shit once I’ve reached a conclusion.

Sometimes I wish I could turn them off just to get to the action of daytime quicker, and because they can be too much to handle. I’m grateful I don’t have chronic nightmares anymore and I think that’s a sign of my psyche and my life improving. Blah blah.
    Thats gud

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I found dreammoods.com to be pretty accurate in deciphering my dreams, although sometimes the author kind of sounds like an overly professional inhumane bitch.

Dreams aren't that magical or mysterious to me, I mean - there are sound logical reasons for why I dreamnt about something usually and I can go 'oh yeah so that's why I was dreaming of that' - even tho dreams themselves are often really weird.

Kinda off topic - but this is sort of why (and I'm not sure who can relate to this or who can't - but I'm assuming it's common) I like it the most not when I am dreaming so much, but more of the spiritual blissful feel I can feel sometimes while I am simply lying down in bed in a happy mood. Dreams to me are campily thought of an emo IEI poet thing but in truth they are just logical subconscious throw-up of real grimdark stuff u did in the waking world. You are dreaming as a way to deal or prepare yourself for things that you have had to push into your subconscious for whatever reason. They have to get out somehow... your mind doesn't like to be in the closet all the time har har, so you dream as a way to release them. Dreams to me are just real life, but in a disjointed and fragmented form. Civilization/society feels like the necessary evil from the weirdness of dreams of getting too out of hand and the subconscious mind from taking over so much that it would drown and engulf the world.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often wake up with brilliant ideas that, once the sleep has worn off, prove to be nonsensical. I also often compose music in my sleep, music that is generally much better than anything I can actually notate.

In general, my dreams are devoid of meaning and, quite often, downright stupid, to the point that I'm irritated by them. If I could, I would stop having dreams altogether--which I've nearly done.

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vizany View Post
    I've had dreams predict the future sometimes years in advance. The thing is, though, I don't know if it's a prediction of the future or not until it actually comes true.
    Ahh, same for me. Don't know that I predict it years in advance though. It's pretty trivial stuff also. I guess I lead a trivial life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I also often compose music in my sleep, music that is generally much better than anything I can actually notate.
    Cool. I wish I could get more song ideas in my dreams. It rarely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    i had a sex dream when i was 14 and i learned how to fuck
    That's bad taste.
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

lmao i had a dream when i was virgin that i had a penis and i sucked on it. it was interesting.

my dreams are especially wild since i started anti-depressants. i wake up confused for a couple of seconds. its a trip.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andreasdevig View Post
    Ahh, same for me. Don't know that I predict it years in advance though. It's pretty trivial stuff also. I guess I lead a trivial life.

Cool. I wish I could get more song ideas in my dreams. It rarely happens.

That's bad taste.
    Your mother has a bad taste
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreams in my life have been events. I remember dreams and frequently have intense ones. I try and make sense of them constantly and use that information in my waking life.

I once had a dream I was playing a musical instrument I had never played and it felt I had played it for years.

The next week, I bought said instrument and continue to play and learn. Been wonderful.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve learned that psychedelics are better.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pydex View Post
    Dreams in my life have been events. I remember dreams and frequently have intense ones. I try and make sense of them constantly and use that information in my waking life.

I once had a dream I was playing a musical instrument I had never played and it felt I had played it for years.

The next week, I bought said instrument and continue to play and learn. Been wonderful.
    Would be interesting to know what instrument
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didgeridoo. I was familiar with it and did enjoy the sound before I had the dream.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah all the time. I'm often analyzing the dream while I'm dreaming. I've been lucid dreaming since as far back as I can remember. Sometimes its just a dreamscape repeat of the days activities, sometimes its deeper level motivations, desires, feelings, thoughts, lessons. A dream is either true, not true, or both, or neither.

Do you ever really wake up while awake? Are you woke yet bro?!

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had the most engulfing, engaging dreams I’ve ever had in my life. I could not have ripped myself awake earlier. In my dream I was wondering if I had been drugged.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm usually happier in my dreams. They are much more brighter and vivid than real life.

But I don't learn much from them, other than setting my mood for the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12