View Poll Results: what was Heidegger's type?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 100.00%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Heidegger

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    Yeah.. I agree.

but he VI as SEI >,< look at his mouth

do u look like Heidegger somehow?
    I'm not into VI. I look at the whole person and compare with my impressions of types I know. And what he says.

Anyway, I'm sticking with LII, especially after seeing this video. Soft but definite in his speaking. Abstract but to the point.

I think I might look a little like Heidegger. But not in a striking way.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I'm not into VI. I look at the whole person and compare with my impressions of types I know. And what he says.
    I do the same.

Question not specifically directed to you, Tallmo.
    Is there enough empirical evidence that the shape of a face has a significant correlation to the socionics type of a person?
    Ok, character traits and physiocal attributes are both dependend on the human genom, but is there a correlation between of them?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    That's actually not really a new idea. Nietzsche said reality is beyond words in very explicit terms, and he wasn't even the first German philosopher to say that, much less the first non-New-Ager. "New Age" is something else (hint: it has to do with the idea of a "new age"). There's a lot of actual mysticism in German thought (and it did kind of directly lead to New Age over time) but the connotations can be tinged with other things, like how apparently some people think that whenever I reference subjectivity that means there has to be more than one truth even though I don't think that and that doesn't necessarily follow. It's just what people are used to hearing so they assume that and argue with strawmen. Ditto for all this stuff.
    This is pretty much why I think Heidegger's efforts—in light of the fact that one could only expect so much from the 20th century—were a step forward.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Is there enough empirical evidence that the shape of a face has a significant correlation to the socionics type of a person?
    Ok, character traits and physiocal attributes are both dependend on the human genom, but is there a correlation between of them?
    No, there's not. And it could be confusing to favor that method over "knowing someone more in detail", as with a questionnaire. But perhaps that's even something related to what method one person finds more appropriate to himself... Sensors should be better at noticing physical, real, details, in people too. So maybe they'd find that typing by physiognomy is easier, and the questionnaire fits better to other approaches...

anyway, yes, the influences are many and some of them are more individual than the others
    Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

TIM
    enneagram 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was an LSI-Se. He looks quite similar to LSI-Se I know and he was more original and logically consistent and more powerful and more independent in his thinking than the Ti type tends to be.

Hannah Arendt criticized Eichmann who was the Ti type, but she seemed to really love Heidegger who was the Se type. The Ti type was more likely to be in bureaucracy, especially back then. ******'s father was the Ti type and ****** probably would've turned out better had his father been the Se type and the Se type would've been more likely to have respected his wishes to become an artist more rather than trying to make his son a bureaucrat, although Walt Disney's father (LSI-Se) didn't really respect his son's wishes to become an artist (from what I read anyway) he also didn't try to plan his career path out from when he was born plus Walt Disney was an ILE-Ti whereas ****** was an EIE-Ni and ILE-Ti always have more appreciation for their parents at the end of their lives (even if the ILE-Ti is about to die first, such as Eric Harris, whose father was an LSI-Se) while EIE-Ni sometimes say "I'll never forgive my mother and I've come to peace with the fact I won't and I'll explain if you want me to".

Se type parents are less restrictive, although they can still be strict they're a lot less strict, less quick to punish, and want and encourage their children to be more independent and non-conforming to mediocrity (all compared to the Ti type). The Se type is more gentle in movements and language and speech and appearance and is goofier and less serious and less guarded and more approving of and gets along much better with playful people.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    He was an LSI-Se. He looks quite similar to LSI-Se I know and he was more original and logically consistent and more powerful and more independent in his thinking than the Ti type tends to be.

Hannah Arendt criticized Eichmann who was the Ti type, but she seemed to really love Heidegger who was the Se type. The Ti type was more likely to be in bureaucracy, especially back then. ******'s father was the Ti type and ****** probably would've turned out better had his father been the Se type and the Se type would've been more likely to have respected his wishes to become an artist more rather than trying to make his son a bureaucrat, although Walt Disney's father (LSI-Se) didn't really respect his son's wishes to become an artist (from what I read anyway) he also didn't try to plan his career path out from when he was born plus Walt Disney was an ILE-Ti whereas ****** was an EIE-Ni and ILE-Ti always have more appreciation for their parents at the end of their lives (even if the ILE-Ti is about to die first, such as Eric Harris, whose father was an LSI-Se) while EIE-Ni sometimes say "I'll never forgive my mother and I've come to peace with the fact I won't and I'll explain if you want me to".

Se type parents are less restrictive, although they can still be strict they're a lot less strict, less quick to punish, and want and encourage their children to be more independent and non-conforming to mediocrity (all compared to the Ti type). The Se type is more gentle in movements and language and speech and appearance and is goofier and less serious and less guarded and more approving of and gets along much better with playful people.
    LSI isn't a terrible typing but this is such a schizophrenic method of explaining that typing.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
    LSI isn't a terrible typing
    It's a GOOD typing. Sorry. LOL.
    but this is such a schizophrenic method of explaining that typing.
    Agreed. I didn't explain that typing very well (although everything after "The Ti type was more likely to be in bureaucracy, especially back then." was irrelevant to Heidegger's type, I felt like pointing out those facts and I'm glad I did). Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12