Thread: Comics / Manga/ Manhwa Genre & Author

TIM
    ESI 6w7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Comics / Manga/ Manhwa Genre & Author

I'm not sure whether this type of thread existed before, I find it is very interesting to evaluate comic genres and the author. At times it's very easy to tell about the author in term of personality based on the art style and storytelling.

Alpha

My Giant Nerd Boyfriend by Fishball. Very clearly Ne/Si valuing, the genre is autobiographical Slice-of-life, episodic and drawing style very dynamic.

The girl is very clear SEI, the boyfriend might be ESE or ILE.

Beta

Oyasumi Punpun by Asano Inio (IEI). Very clearly Ni/Se, the genre is Drama. Plenty of symbolism and chain of events is clear, the flow is continuous.

Punpun is clearly IEI, Victim style of romance.

Totsukuni no Shoujo by Nagabe.

Last edited by tru; 11-25-2017 at 10:47 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tite Kubo - Bleach is pure I can't quite draw the line between Gamma and Beta: the the protagonists are all in the former while important side characters are in the latter. Maybe Kubo is SEE, the comic doesn't have much logical structure, stronger E/R than P. It's all about friends and foes fighting and protecting.

Oh fuck yeah, Grimmjow

TIM
    ESI 6w7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Tite Kubo - Bleach is pure I can't quite draw the line between Gamma and Beta: the the protagonists are all in the former while important side characters are in the latter. Maybe Kubo is SEE, the comic doesn't have much logical structure, stronger E/R than P. It's all about friends and foes fighting and protecting.

Oh fuck yeah, Grimmjow

Bleach is pretty much Gamma to me too, perhaps more SEE/ESI. The story has no clear purpose, the flow is kinda all over the place and there are just too many 'gaps' despite the author's efforts to hold on to the current that makes me wanting to throw it in Alpha quadra lol. But you gotta admit Kubo Tite good in creating memorable characters in term of design, but not in personality that strongly tied with chain of events in the story which I associate more the domain of NFs. Whatever his type is I'll put it in similar grouping with Ragnarok's author Lee Myung-jin.