Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    Weird interests.
    I get the point.

On the other hand, in many ILEs I see normal interests:

playing the guitar, cooking, plants, sports, spending time in nature, reading, dating, traveling, trends / urban culture, organizing events
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I get the point.

On the other hand, in many ILEs I see normal interests:

playing the guitar, cooking, plants, sports, spending time in nature, reading, dating, traveling, trends / urban culture, organizing events
    I can see IEE have all those interests, at the same time. But, the ILE I know can have interests that not a majority of the people have. They also have interesting viewpoints.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some negative things that I've witnessed in a few:
    When they talk, they don't often listen so they tend to lecture rather than communicate.
    They seem to like feathering their own nests; they tend to play with and use people for their own personal goals.
    They tend to be elitist but will try to subvert all competition; they seem to easily stab people in the back if they feel threatened in any way.
    Good with theory but very impractical; their organizational skills are usually abysmal.
    The smarter they are, the more people seem to avoid them; and they don't like equally smart people around them.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    When they talk, they don't often listen so they tend to lecture rather than communicate.
    They seem to like feathering their own nests; they tend to play with and use people for their own personal goals.
    They tend to be elitist but will try to subvert all competition; they seem to easily stab people in the back if they feel threatened in any way.
    Good with theory but very impractical; their organizational skills are usually abysmal.
    The smarter they are, the more people seem to avoid them; and they don't like equally smart people around them.

a.k.a. I/O
    This perfectly describes an ILE whom I work with and another whom I know socially. Two for two, @Rebelondeck.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@falsehope, @Troll Nr 007, what do you think of Rebelondeck's description, as ILEs?

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post

a.k.a. I/O
    I've noticed this with XSI-Se types, that they aren't as good at listening when they're pushing their objective. I think when the creative function is getting used (in ILE's case, their Ti), it's not good at accepting information whilst it's switched on. Probably why base is called accepting and 2nd function is called producing.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All of this is relative.

Well, the status conscious LII's of course tend see external merits with uttermost importance (relatively speaking). While those things might not carry that much importance in personified manner and being the seeker is the most important thing.

Conditions that enable seeking is the ideal.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like to share. - Yes.

Weird interests. - It depends, if socionics is weird interest, but apart from that I don't have any other weird interests. I know plenty of people who have far more wierd interests, like satanism (few Fi types), drugs (Ni type), alcohols (Si and Se types).

Oddball - I don't think so, there isn't anything in my life oddball. I made some decisions which could be considered oddball like leaving good work, but it paid me lot's of money anyway. Also sometimes I cut corners and if situation really requires that, very much. Then after some time somebody comes in and investigates it and thinks I am oddball. I consider most people to be far more oddball then myself. Unreasonable, self-sabotaging, inconsiderate, etc, even rational types, thinking types, let's say everyone else. I consider ESIs most oddball of all, having their unreasonable unachievable and nonpractical ethics, don't let me say more.

Clever, knowledge of the world. - I am very knowledgeable in a narrow area of interest which is IT, regarding IT my knowledge is good on many different subjects, apart from that I am not knowledgeable at all, I am unaware of pop culture, history, fashion, biology, physics, literature, politics you name it, in these areas I have zero knowledge.

At least one outstanding visual cue. - I am not aware of any, sometimes I have my hair messed up when I am not leaving home.

Manipulating the system. - by definition that manipulation is persuading unaware people then yes, and socionics helps me in it. I have my own view "how system works" and it's based on socionics. This way I cheated system many times and it was significant. Or another meaning, that using system in a way it isn't supposed to be used, then also yes. But I would not call it manipulating the system. That's some kind of weird perception of someone who doesn't feel good about systems or it's slave to them and can't help it. Systems are there to be somewhat used in a way it suits you, you need to be just not so closed minded at rules and things like that. Otherwise the system will suck all life from you and will never give you anything back. Systems are not to obey, they are there to be used.

Care most for those close. - Maybe yes, if I care at all. I really don't care. If I take average last 10 years then I don't care at all.
    Last edited by falsehope; 03-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    I've noticed this with XSI-Se types, that they aren't as good at listening when they're pushing their objective. I think when the creative function is getting used (in ILE's case, their Ti), it's not good at accepting information whilst it's switched on. Probably why base is called accepting and 2nd function is called producing.

Ti in general is associated with rejecting non conforming information (it hangs together in a system--they're not so much pushing their objective but reiterating their system so that the non conforming information is viewed in light of all the reasons it must be rejected in light of what the system allows or doesn't allow as a matter of cold hard logic--in doing this it comes across as more Fe in some ways, but like anti-Fe, because they get longwinded in elucidating the system) whereas Fi is generally characterized by active listening. I think it has to do with how it operates in conjunction with Fe, Ti "filters" it so to speak for relevant information, but it does so by cutting away all the ethical content leaving only the logical picture (then rejects any "errors"). Fi when it receives Te it actually does somewhat of the opposite where it has to "excavate" the moral content from the statements and it needs all the information it can get in order to do that, so it focuses on all available queues such as voice tone (in order to understand intent which contextualizes any directive), whereas Ti likes to actively strip those sorts of considerations

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    so it focuses on all available queues such as voice tone (in order to understand intent which contextualizes any directive), whereas Ti likes to actively strip those sorts of
    This part just sounds like something basic though, not really type related.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    This part just sounds like something basic though, not really type related.
    its the kind of thing everyone thinks they do but some people do it way better, sort of how like everyone thinks they're in some sense logical or at least not illogical. everyone would say "I listen!" its like yeah, not really. just listen to how they calibrate their own voices; setting aside Fe theatrics, if you listen to enough people closely you start to realize you can get extremely nuanced points across via tone and it comes naturally to some people and not others, but even as a matter of logic, they should be concerned with it inasmuch as it enhances communication but they're really not paying attention. hence you get super weird voices out of some people, because they just cut that entire aspect of information exchange out or highly attenuate it. you can say they're just not expressing it, but its a two way street, its more like weak ethics in general, its just a weaker form of cognition for some, which is why ti types like Fe because it concerns itself with threshold emotional statements, i.e.: blasting them till they get the point, whereas Fi is more about elegance and accuracy within that domain, not simply getting over the hump; just like how Te and Ti compare to one another in the logical realm

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I can see IEE have all those interests, at the same time. But, the ILE I know can have interests that not a majority of the people have. They also have interesting viewpoints.
    The things I listed are all from real ILEs I know

I'm not speculating
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILEs are -seeking and this is often reflected in their hobbies. Many ILEs enjoy simple pleasures.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILEs come in different shapes of course. I worked with an ILE who was very loud and forthcoming with his views and opinions, without seeming to realize that they may be offending other people by their blanket statements. He was very attention seeking (Fe mobilizing). He had simple enough hobbies, he liked making home brewed beer.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Chaos enables discovery.

Keep things loose enough and you will discover lots of stuff.

What enables creative thinking? Keep it calm, stimulating and laid-back.

Too much planning and you will loose all that. When others are rationals it gets harder.

When something captures my interest it is usually total dedication. I noticed that on my free time can be very much continuation of the tangents that happened before. I'm quite bad at scheduling day into separate pieces while I can take care of external stuff. Diverse interests that have different life span.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    All of this is relative.

Well, the status conscious LII's of course tend see external merits with uttermost importance (relatively speaking). While those things might not carry that much importance in personified manner and being the seeker is the most important thing.

Conditions that enable seeking is the ideal.
    LIIs want to be relevant but also somewhat invisible; they don't usually like being out there for everyone to look at so status conscious doesn't exactly fit whereas ILE tend to soak up and bathe in public notoriety. Now LII will stab you in the front just to make sure it's done properly and on average, they can be far more sociopathic than ILE. I always thought that ILEs were so busy chasing their own tails that they were far less dangerous than LII.

a.k.a. I/O