Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Best LSE Archetype/s?

If you could choose one person as an archetype of how LSEs are, who would you choose?

(For me, LSE is probably the hardest type to determine a reasonably uncontroversial, somewhat interesting, as well as balanced individual for such an archetype, who is ideally dead or has been around for decades, and who is reasonably well-known or at least somewhat preeminent or otherwise noteworthy in their field).

You will probably find it best to suggest a handful of examples.

Two previous threads for reference are:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ity-LSEs-ESTjs
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...on-Boring-LSEs

...feel free to post examples from those or suggestions from other places if you wish.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The cop from LA Confidential movie. Sherlock Holmes. Oh Leonardo DiCaprio's role in the Revolutionary road
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Arnold Schwarzenegger in true lies
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol in Socionics
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toomy Lee Jones in Men in black
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Archetype is not an example, but a generalization - a mix of common traits from many examples.
    So you want examples close to the type's archetype.

Harrison Ford as one of the 1st typed by me to ESTJ.

Schwarzenegger is ISTJ.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Archetype is not an example, but a generalization - a mix of common traits from many examples.
    So you want examples close to the type's archetype.

Harrison Ford as one of the 1st typed by me to ESTJ.

Schwarzenegger is ISTJ.
    Harrison Ford is ISTj
    -