View Poll Results: What is my type (especially if you've seen my videos)?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTj-LSE

0 0%
  • ENTj-LIE

0 0%
  • ESFj-ESE

0 0%
  • ENFj-EIE

0 0%
  • ESTp-SLE

0 0%
  • ESFp-SEE

0 0%
  • ENTp-ILE

0 0%
  • ENFp-IEE

2 33.33%
  • ISTp-SLI

0 0%
  • INTp-ILI

0 0%
  • ISFp-SEI

0 0%
  • INFp-IEI

1 16.67%
  • ISTj-LSI

0 0%
  • ISFj-ESI

0 0%
  • INTj-LII

0 0%
  • INFj-EII

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Am I EII or IEI ahhhhhhhhh

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if 4 I was thinking w3 or at least high so

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4w3
    - 4 brokenness from a place of 3 marketability and extraversion
    - want to appear broken from a place of being still received by others, being beautiful or desirable in their signature way
    - more image-conscious, able to modulate themselves to others but feel inauthentic about it
    - an "aesthetic of broken," want to be seen for all their ugly parts and accepted, creating a dramatic presentation of shame
    - delicate "glass menagerie," picky and "bitchy"
    - more of a drive to counter the 4 inferiority and go out and accomplish things, less stuck in internal landscapes
    - hatred and pickiness expressed through refinement

4w5
    - 4 brokenness from a place of 5 hiddenness
    - less interested in being likeable or extraverted, stuck in an existential black hole, nihilistic
    - more authentic because they are less able to modulate themselves for public consumption, that's their special tragedy
    - more gritty and less focus on being aesthetically beautiful
    - can be more attracted to bizarre or grotesque subjects
    - less image centre, gauging their authenticity more on the self rather than others' perceptions
    - hatred and pickiness from a less personal place than 4w3, more conceptual

source: enneagrammer.com

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seem somewhere in the 4, 6w7, 7w6, 9w1 range, can't say which is core

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a 4. That's one I can't be convinced of otherwise. I tend to express myself differently online, though in time, you'd likely see it. Anyone who knows me knows I am a 4, lol. I have also developed in many ways due to life events, career, etc. I strive to not just fall into one typing and try to develop other functions and the like.

If there is any type I know that I am in any system for 100 percent certain, it is core 4. The wing, I can be more flexible with. I've questioned that with myself too. Social anxiety is a big factor in this too. Have you watched Richard Rohr? He says you can access both wings which could explain it as well.

I think you might be surprised with how I can seem in certain settings in person though. It's not a fakeness, it's hard to explain and is probably wrapped up in my social anxiety.

You clearly haven't seen my videos lol, I would say I appear pretty "gritty". I went out in sweatpants today. It's exhausting to focus on appearance so much and I can't spend time in front of the mirror the way my sister can. I just share the nice pictures, lol. In fact, both of my sisters spent more time in front of them mirror and seemed to care more about the appearance than me. I'm pretty authentic in that sense, believe it or not. My focus on appearance I feel like is more about expressing my individuality, showing my inner self through appearance, rather than doing it to look amazing. If you look carefully at some pictures and such, you will find a million imperfections by being lazy and sloppy and not spending time much time on my appearance. This was one distinction I read with 4w3 vs. 4w5 before, I CAN be polished, but I more often fall into the grungy category I feel.

I will admit though, because of all selfies and showing my appearance online in photos, I have questioned why I score so low on 3 myself and that I may be underestimating it. Like I said though, if you saw me in my normal life you'd see that I am not that image-focused in the sense you probably think that I am. I keep it pretty real.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All EII have horrible posture unlike IEI example

https://i.imgur.com/ctn4CHO.png
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I was going to go through the list and highlight the ones I thought fit, and I realized how I unconsciously supported wing 3 in some of my statements above Like I said, I score very low on it, but I've felt that I could be underestimating something or something is masking it on the tests (which are imperfect), just like I've felt my not scoring higher on 7 is probably wrong. 6 is something I'll have to look more into, I'm not sure there. 1 and 9 is a very tough call, maybe because I have the wing of one or the other.

Maybe I have balanced wings

I don't think I have the drive of a 3 and I do tend to be more hidden believe it or not. Some pretty vast differences in different realms of life

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have bad posture too as exhibited in my videos lol. Trying to correct it is pretty painful too

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see that too Toska. EII is still in the realm of possibilities. Of all the functions, the most glaringly obvious thing to me is that I value Si over Se at this point. Ne over Ni is starting to seem pretty obvious too.
    Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    I agree. Growing up I kind of assumed I've went from 4w3 to 4w5, mainly for the fact I used to be much more ambitious and passionate but the conception that wings change is a pretty vague theory and I haven't read much to anything on it. It'd be interesting to know how or why if it's a coping mechanism towards trauma.

I'll try to follow commonalities for sorting, certain types seem more susceptible to specific trauma and their cognition is differently equip to cope in life through their preferences. For instance, I'd bet an ESI-Se type 6 would be more "counter-phobic" or even type as 8 compared to ESI-Fi who would probably be more "phobic" and 6-like, less likely to type as 8. With such like this being the case, I would see 4w5 being more common with IEI and EII and 4w3 being more common for IEE. This is all just theory though, obviously.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really feel a preference for being either 4w3 or 4w5, they both suck ass to tell you the truth lol.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, I'm seeing a ton of support for 4w3, and also 4w5. I feel like the wings have in fact waxed and waned in life too. I'm not sure why I've consistently scored so low on 3 and high on 5. I've gotten 4w5 for years. Social anxiety is probably a huge factor in this, though I don't think it's the only reason. I do have 5 traits. It seems I have certain traits of 5 more strongly and certain traits of 3 more strongly. I'm not sure if this helps in my socionics typing or not, but, there ya go.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the severe underestimation and lack of drive is related to sp blind. 300 question test taken months ago, if I weren't feeling odd and in a bad mood I might be liable to take it again
    Screenshot (159).png

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post

Not this again

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send me your videos. IEI's tend to care more about appearance than EII's, generally speaking.
    I think that distinction is a bit nonsensical, or at least not worth bringing up since it's dependent on so many other factors. What I'm seeing though is that if an EII cares about his appearance, it's more often through a Te perspective (what's appropriate), and for IEI it's more often through a Fe perspective (what impression do I make).

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Armalite i may have jumped the gun earlier on your statement, I missed the "high so" part. I believe I'm about half and half on sx/so, very slight sx advantage. I do think your answers and typings have a lot of merit. If I'm 6 or 7 in my tritype, I believe that yes I would likely be the 7w6 or 6w7 variety. My gut is either 1w9 or 9w1 likely, and you're a 4 so you were right on a lot there

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say I am told I'm very similar to my mom in mannerisms and well, in a ton, and she is undoubtedly high Si and Ne, delta. She also has bad posture lol

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep trying to settle down and go through the fucking theory and I can't, but I'm getting there, in bits and pieces. Do you guys tend to bounce around with it or do you actually go through it in a linear fashion?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just added a poll to this post, is it a bad idea to allow multiple choices?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I haven't read the 6 pages already in place but I feel compelled to say that ive gotten a strong IEE impression from you thus far. This is only based on my experiences over time with socionics and people, and I haven't been trying to type you, but after being deep in this shit for years sometimes it be like that. I don't have any reasoning grounded in the text (maybe I could give some post hoc, but don't wanna) and I wouldn't blame you at all if you completely wrote this off for that reason (you probably should), but I figured my two cents shouldn't be secret.

FWIW I type you the same as my best friend (if supervision is bad, I'm a different type) (and I see similarities but je ne sais quoi)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your input. Delta, Fi, Ne, all seem very likely. I'm doing the best I can with this brain/my current state to get through the material to type myself because, although it seems like I don't know who the fuck I am (I've wanted to say that a couple times now and blame typology lol), I actually do have a pretty strong sense of self. I underestimate myself a lot, doubt myself, look at many possibilities. I have some sort of developed Fe somehow (and I do feel like it's become stronger in time as social anxiety has lessened in ways and due to life events, growing), but I don't value it the way I value Fi. Ti position feels weird for IEE and Fe position feels weird for EII, but there is a ton I still need to learn so I can't say for certain (I'm trying, but it's hard to focus and I'm bouncing all over the place between the material).

I do have to say, these resonate with me with these VI's (another EII saw my videos and is convinced it's my type). https://www.pinterest.com/typometric...eii-fi-female/ I pretty much wiped SEI off the map because I don't relate to Si in the lead or creative position. I do in other valued positions however.

lol.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always vibed with Regina Spektor in a couple of her pictures, particularly a couple album photos too and she's getting a lot of EII typings (though I think she's quite possibly SEI, maybe it's something to do with Si or Ne)

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I also have mixed feeling on the quadras themselves and feel like something is lacking/people can be a blend of several.
    Quadras is just a consequence of the type structure. Groups of types value the same functions. You cannot be a blend of several. I get the feeling that you are focusing very much on the pure facts of what you're reading, and then you might forget that the descriptions are not referring to individual people but to types, that is, we only focus on the personality traits that rise from the functions and ignore all individual differences. This is typology after all.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest problem is I haven't read enough, I'm trying and it's progressing.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My IEI-Fe friend has horrible posture as well. Could have to do with DCNH though.
    It is called kyphosis. Most socionists don't use physiognomy for typing anymore.

https://www.umms.org/ummc/health-ser...adult-kyphosis

I did try to type myself in the name of research using it in this thread.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1140544

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im a cow, sweet

oooo i like that thread you shared Aylen, thanks!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bad having this last until the end of time and focusing so much on myself, but I have to ask.

how much does how you were as a very young child matter in ones typing, because apparently I was wild and fearless, but that changed.

?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to end this thread and post vids in private section later and call it a day. Sorry for dragging this on guys. I am back to IEI (though this morning it was EII Creative, I was sure, then changed my mind again, a couple days ago it was IEE, lol). I have had both beta and delta influence in my upbringing which is part of why I think this is challenging. I think I have strong Fe and Fi. I’m just going to throw up videos, people can vote if they want and I’ll read the fucking material (I consistently bring up my highly challenged Te) and shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 10-31-2019 at 05:34 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think this is really funny then you are my dual lol:

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My impression is that you are an Fi/Te valuing type, not sure which one though.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It also seems to me that you have strong Fi.

Just my impressions based on posts/chatbox.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sbbds, it was cute, it had me smiling some near the end, i do find this amusing

tbh i find people and their quirks funnier than anything

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all right dudes, idk what to do with these threads lol, @Aylen, wondering if I should merge?

Actually, it may be better to keep as is, I just put an update in the first thread, and I can close the thread as to not drown forum in my typings.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 11-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That video was like a nightmare in reality LOL

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456