Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ne types: shy and/or bouncy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go out of my way for efficiency. Probably well past the point where the time saved is less than the time spent.

A few things i've done in the name efficiency:
    Tried using DVORAK keyboard layout.
    Using linux on my desktop pc.
    Arranging the icons on my windows start menu (back when i was using windows) so that everything is easy to find.
    Rearranging all the furniture in my room every 6 months
    Learning all the keyboard shortcuts for ms word.

I remember getting really annoyed at my sister doing things in inefficient ways. That might be more of the activity partner thing tho.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people, mostly ENTps, strive to maximize the illusion of newness as an aesthetic ideal, just as other types use feeling, logic, etc., as their aesthetic ideal.
    That is a good way of putting it, Jonathan.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps and efficiency? Some random thoughts based on one isolated case...

For him, efficiency = adapting very fast to changing and challenging circumstances. So, efficiency = speed + resourcefulness. If bored, may create some change and challenge in order to liven things up. When pursuing a goal, may become ruthlessly demanding of themselves and everyone around. Is angry when he thinks people are not working with enough endeavour. This can become a problem (mainly for other people), particularly if his standards are ridiculously high and he has not learned to realize that other people are, in fact, different from himself.

Is also angered if he is thwarted in a plan by stubborn and needless obstructions. The ENTp I worked for often felt he was being thwarted as soon as someone was not instantly enthusiastic about his new plan. "But where are we going to store the shelves while you're rearranging everything?" - "Fine. OK. We don't have to do it." Stomps off to the cellar to prepare old boxes for recycling, which he HATES, and after which he emerges in a totally foul mood which persists for days.

Is also angered when he thinks that people are emotionally manipulating him, esp. if it happens to make him look bad. Unfortunately, the ENTp I know takes a lot of things personally and is very immature. Has no idea how abrasive and rude he can be and how this comes across to others. If people react to this, of course they're over-reacting, since the things he said were quite sensible and true. So why can't people just take it with a sense of humour?

We got along in the end, but it took us a while.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    It depends how interested they are in what's going on and the type of thing that's holding it up.

ENTps get irritated when someone uses Fi to criticize one of their ideas/theories. They become defensive when someone criticizes their ability to use Fe. They also get irritated when people try to emotionally blackmail (aka guilt trip) them.
    And is Fi and/or Fe efficient in the eyes of an ENTp (let alone any NT)? I love watching arguements between ENTjs and ENTps between this. Their veiws of efficiency are very, very different =) INTp's prolly least so. I'm still thinking about that one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ENTp I worked for often felt he was being thwarted as soon as someone was not instantly enthusiastic about his new plan.
    Very good that you brought it up, schrödinger's cat. I think that I have forgot to mention it, but it is actually a distinct difference between me and the ENTps.

The ENTps often seem unsure of the worth of their ideas, and for whatever the reason, they want positive feedback from others when they present their new ideas, which they are so enthusiastic about.

I think that I am rather more skeptical about positive feedback. The more others get excited over something I do, the more I want to hear them pointing out faults and imperfections in it. I want others to be critical in a constructive way. Because I already am quite sure of the value of something I have done, and in the end trust my own opinion more than anyone else's when it comes to judge whether something is good or bad, true or false, positive compliments don't add much to my understanding. But if someone can find something, some detail perhaps, that is not perfect, I can make the product (a text for example) better. And I always want to make things better if I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    The ENTp I worked for often felt he was being thwarted as soon as someone was not instantly enthusiastic about his new plan.
    Very good that you brought it up, schrödinger's cat. I think that I have forgot to mention it, but it is actually a distinct difference between me and the ENTps.

The ENTps often seem unsure of the worth of their ideas, and for whatever the reason, they want positive feedback from others when they present their new ideas, which they are so enthusiastic about.

I think that I am rather more skeptical about positive feedback. The more others get excited over something I do, the more I want to hear them pointing out faults and imperfections in it. I want others to be critical in a constructive way. Because I already am quite sure of the value of something I have done, and in the end trust my own opinion more than anyone else's when it comes to judge whether something is good or bad, true or false, positive compliments don't add much to my understanding. But if someone can find something, some detail perhaps, that is not perfect, I can make the product (a text for example) better. And I always want to make things better if I can.
    I like constructive criticism too (well not too much) But Phaedrus, what type do you think you are?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Phaedrus, what type do you think you are?
    INTp (ILI) in the Socionics model, INTP in the MBTI model, INTP (The Architect) in Keirsey's model, Solitary Personality in John Oldham's model, and a Five with a Four wing (5w4) in the Enneagram model.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp (ILI) in the Socionics model, INTP in the MBTI model, INTP (The Architect) in Keirsey's model, Solitary Personality in John Oldham's model, and a Five with a Four wing (5w4) in the Enneagram model.
    Correction. Whether I belong to the Solitary or to the Idiosyncratic personality in Oldham's scheme is not that clear. How to explain the differences between those two styles is obscure and open for debate, and I have had some problems with how they really correlate with INTps and INTjs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Correction. Whether I belong to the Solitary or to the Idiosyncratic personality in Oldham's scheme is not that clear. How to explain the differences between those two styles is obscure and open for debate, and I have had some problems with how they really correlate with INTps and INTjs.
    Thats funny. I took Oldhams test as others like it and came out idiosyncratic and devoted (with dramatic and conscientious right behind ) Talk about contrast.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    I've come across the following characterizations of Ne dominant types:
    • Bouncy, life of the party, boundless enthusiasm, good talkers, bla bla. Can't remember the exact words, but you'll know what I mean.

ENFp = shyest of all the extraverted types. ENTp = pretty shy as well.

It looks like a contradiction. It probably isn't one. How does this correlate? If Ne-dominant extraversion doesn't mean that we're outgoing and bouncy all the time, then what does it mean?
    social extroversion isn't the same as socionics functional extroversion. there is no contradiction here but confusion between these two concepts.

Ne can be intellectually extroverted but socially homely. being sensitive to discomfort and feeling unease with their environment (Si/weak Se), the Ne person would rather stay at home and browse the internet, talk on the phone, do their socializing online with facebook for example, play some video games and watch some movies. weak sensing means that they don't need "physical verification" of other people, to see others in person and have them "up close" in their space. this makes it look like they are socially shy homely hermit crabs. it's not that Ne types don't go out, but they do so progressively less than types with strong sensing. Se primary SEE won't be as sensitive to her conditions as an IEE or EII.
    Last edited by Nevero; 04-26-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    social extroversion isn't the same as socionics functional extroversion. there is contradiction here but confusion between these two concepts.

Ne can be intellectually extroverted but socially homely. being sensitive to discomfort and feeling unease with their environment (Si/weak Se), the Ne person would rather stay at home and browse the internet, talk on the phone, do their socializing online with facebook for example, play some video games and watch some movies. weak sensing means that they don't need "physical verification" of other people, to see others in person and have them "up close" in their space. this makes it look like they are socially shy homely hermit crabs. it's not that Ne types don't go out, but they do so progressively less than types with strong sensing. Se primary SEE won't be as sensitive to her conditions as an IEE or EII.
    Gee, sounds kind of..underwhelming. Whats the point of even being extroverted? I relate on some level, but gee.
    Last edited by suedehead; 04-25-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

YesYes. I can be bouncy and extremely shy sometimes both at the same time. My bouncyness comes from ideas and concepts so it is detached. Being reseverd and energetic... I bet it looks very unordinary when you mix with it little bit of good old PoLR Fi. I can be quite withdrawn at times and shyness might be then in on/off position. No one really knows. I might get the spark out of the blue which can be visible only on my face or more overtly but it can become very covert activity suddenly and I might start to wander while accidently bumbing into things/people. I think that is bouncyness.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't associate cognitive Ne with personality extraversion too closely.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I am IEE and I can be very shy! But when you look at the socionics' definition of extraversion/introversion about whether or not you focus on external objects versus your own inner thoughts, I have to say I focus on the world at large and get energy from the people, places, objects around me. I will go out in public just to talk to strangers, but again I'm super shy, so what I do is entice people to talk to me, I physically place myself in their path and as they are approaching I have a sweet open smile. I didn't even realize I did this until getting into typology and noticed my more seemingly strange habits. hehe Once you are interested in me or a topic I love, I am crazy bouncy and excited! So yes, I am a mixture of shy and excited at the same time.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Si is about health, but it's also about feeling good. I think it depends on the type and/or individual which is more apparent. For example, INxjs have a Si hidden agenda... from my experience, INFjs are more concerned about health while INTjs are more concerned with feeling good... hence the number of INTj pothead/druggies.

I've done both. I've gone through phases of being obsessed with health and wellness, and I've gone through hedonistic phases with lots of drinking/drugs.
    further evidence that being into the recreational substance use scene is NTR.
    People use drugs and abstain from them for all sorts of different reasons or motivations, not a good idea to use that as a typing metric.
    additionally, I think it's a gross misconception that Si = pothead/druggie. You have Si-POLRs on this forum being very into that kind of stuff too.

Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with all but this one:

who are mere humans to decide what is subjective and what is objective? you can be as objective as you can be... but because you aren't omniscient, you couldn't possibly be 100% objective.
    I agree with you. What was probably meant here, though, is intersubjective as opposed to subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is about health, but it's also about feeling good. I think it depends on the type and/or individual which is more apparent. For example, INxjs have a Si hidden agenda... from my experience, INFjs are more concerned about health while INTjs are more concerned with feeling good... hence the number of INTj pothead/druggies.

I've done both. I've gone through phases of being obsessed with health and wellness, and I've gone through hedonistic phases with lots of drinking/drugs.
    Please disregard this.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please disregard this.
    ignoring that, what wold you write about Si now?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a focus on health, nurturing, cooking, comfort, security, and/or nature. Depends on the individual. Also, drug use is ntr.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123