Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent some time studying color analysis but struggled to find my season. I eventually realized there isn't one that captures the tonal combination of Cool, Muted, and Deep which I've taken to calling "Dark Summer".

To date, I'm not entirely sure how the system explains this omission as well as the omission of Cool+Clear+Light (Pale Winter?), Warm+Muted+Light (Pale Autumn?), and Warm+Bright+Deep (Dark Spring?).

In practice, I find that I can borrow from parts of Summer, Autumn, and Winter but there are also large swaths of those seasons that look terrible on me. So I'm ultimately not comfortable classifying myself as any one of them.

If anyone knows why these combinations were left out in the metaphorical cold, I'd love to hear about it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a warm spring

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is supposed to be true. I looked into this stuff before, and people unconsciously often select colors that look on them. Hearing a consistent color mentioned as looking good on you helps too of course
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    I think I am a cool winter. I mostly wear dark colors like black, dark blue, dark green, and dark purple. I didn't do this on purpose. You can look in your closet to see what colors you wear most and can find out which one you are.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hm I might actually be cool or clear winter.

I do love wearing brighter gem-like blues and greens pretty often. And black

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love wearing black and unfortunately my stupid ass has a white dog that sheds like crazy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I love wearing black and unfortunately my stupid ass has a white dog that sheds like crazy.
    Get a white poodle. They don't shed, since they have hair rather than fur.

Downside: You have to give them regular haircuts or they turn into hairballs.

Upside: You can give them outrageous haircuts. But be careful. They are smart enough to know when they look ridiculous.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, yeah poodles are very smart. I think they are fairly chill as well, don't need a ton of activity? Maybe I'm wrong on that. Unfortunately, my dog and I are rather attached to each other which is part of what has kept me in my current living situation longer than I'd like as she loves this house, has a dog door, loves the other people here, etc. etc. Going to get an apartment again soon and having a bit of a dilemma regarding that... I've gone off track in regards to this convo topic though : p

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Get a white poodle. They don't shed, since they have hair rather than fur.

Downside: You have to give them regular haircuts or they turn into hairballs.

Upside: You can give them outrageous haircuts. But be careful. They are smart enough to know when they look ridiculous.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Lol, yeah poodles are very smart. I think they are fairly chill as well, don't need a ton of activity? Maybe I'm wrong on that. Unfortunately, my dog and I are rather attached to each other which is part of what has kept me in my current living situation longer than I'd like as she loves this house, has a dog door, loves the other people here, etc. etc. Going to get an apartment again soon and having a bit of a dilemma regarding that... I've gone off track in regards to this convo topic though : p
    I don't know how much activity a Poodle needs. He and I would go for walks every day after I got home from school, and we both really enjoyed them, but I don't know if Poodles actually need walks any more than people do.

And yes, he was really smart.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick glance at this, and I'm True/Dark Autumn. Dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow-ish skintone.

VK8cb5p.jpg

And looking at my wardrobe, it fits too... My jackets are dark indigo, olive, and dark fuchsia, which are all included here, and the colours of pants I have/used to have are olive, that third orange in the bottom row, and again, dark fuchsia... Lol. I didn't realize I'd fit so exactly in this. The left side of this palette also looks like the makeup palette I use... I guess I just know what looks good on me
    Last edited by voider; 01-06-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Not happy. Maybe grumpy. DropDeadRed's Avatar
    TIM
    1w9 sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did that with a professional, but she didn't go into details (fast group learning), and so I'm skeptic of the results.

She said I was autumn, and maybe, but really not dark autumn, I actually relate more to light spring, and some autumn.

Definitely warm palette, gold is my savior to wear black, and a white shirt + silver makes me look like a corpse.

Orange/coral/peach/ivory for my make-up works fine, brown eyeliner or mascara (blue eyes).

I'm more a rectangle body type, on the X side. Square traits so I should wear rounder glasses.

It was interesting and it's useful knowledge to have. It goes with non verbal communication. It's also nice to look at your advantage (for yourself as well).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting, I hear for the first time

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what season I fall under, but I have warm olive undertones, clear with hint of muted, deep.

THIS WEBSITE is absolutely amazing. I fall under "deep warm", specifically deep warm soft:
    If you suit gold or bronze best, but silver can work as well. Bright orange-red, ivory, chocolate, golden brown, bright peach, golden yellow and forest green are your best colors. In general, vibrant, pure, deep, warm, bold, golden colors are fantastic on you. Black can look quite good on you, but it's not your best color. Your natural coloring is deep, dark, earthy, golden and warm. The color of your eyes and hair, and at least the undertone of your skin, is rich and warm. Some DEEP WARM can flow into DEEP COOL, and wear some DEEP COOL colors. Dusty, cool tones and soft, cool pastels, does not do you justice. Try to keep your look bold and warm, and remember, a true DEEP WARM is earthy with a high contrast level. A typically good look for a DEEP WARM is the classic, stylish, bold, warm and glowing, 70's glam-look.

And this: DEEP WARM soft, (Kristin Kreuk) looks her best in DEEP WARM colors, but needs a little splash of grey in them.

Basically, I look good in deep, rich, intense colors that have a hint of grey in them. That means that a color like bright, intense pink will look a bit off, but if you mute it a tiny bit it looks perfect on me!

As for face shape I have a diamond face shape (widest point is cheek bones, forehead and jaw line up perfectly.. basically, a smaller forehead than a heart shape)
    My body shape is "ruler" or mesomorph. I'm a bit of a mix between ecto and mesomorph. I build visible muscle quite easy which would be nice if I were a guy lmao.
    And I know you didn't ask but my hair type is 1B.
    As you can probably tell, I really like this stuff

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    I'm not sure what season I fall under, but I have warm olive undertones, clear with hint of muted, deep.

THIS WEBSITE is absolutely amazing. I fall under "deep warm", specifically deep warm soft:
    If you suit gold or bronze best, but silver can work as well. Bright orange-red, ivory, chocolate, golden brown, bright peach, golden yellow and forest green are your best colors. In general, vibrant, pure, deep, warm, bold, golden colors are fantastic on you. Black can look quite good on you, but it's not your best color. Your natural coloring is deep, dark, earthy, golden and warm. The color of your eyes and hair, and at least the undertone of your skin, is rich and warm. Some DEEP WARM can flow into DEEP COOL, and wear some DEEP COOL colors. Dusty, cool tones and soft, cool pastels, does not do you justice. Try to keep your look bold and warm, and remember, a true DEEP WARM is earthy with a high contrast level. A typically good look for a DEEP WARM is the classic, stylish, bold, warm and glowing, 70's glam-look.

And this: DEEP WARM soft, (Kristin Kreuk) looks her best in DEEP WARM colors, but needs a little splash of grey in them.

Basically, I look good in deep, rich, intense colors that have a hint of grey in them. That means that a color like bright, intense pink will look a bit off, but if you mute it a tiny bit it looks perfect on me!

As for face shape I have a diamond face shape (widest point is cheek bones, forehead and jaw line up perfectly.. basically, a smaller forehead than a heart shape)
    My body shape is "ruler" or mesomorph. I'm a bit of a mix between ecto and mesomorph. I build visible muscle quite easy which would be nice if I were a guy lmao.
    And I know you didn't ask but my hair type is 1B.
    As you can probably tell, I really like this stuff

Have a look at this IEI I found: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqVbMTtOa0s

shes so good at explaining these things in depth
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Have a look at this IEI I found: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqVbMTtOa0s

shes so good at explaining these things in depth
    will do, thank you

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downloaded an app called EyesOnHue where it takes a selfie to tell your season. It keeps telling me I’m a spring!! I give up lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I downloaded an app called EyesOnHue where it takes a selfie to tell your season. It keeps telling me I’m a spring!! I give up lol
    HA I actually got autumn even though i've been pretty sure i'm spring. i thought i was autumn in the past. either way, i've been sure of one of the two, probably falling somewhere in between as i'm very fair/light eyes, but dark hair. i think most people fall somewhere in between the seasons. these colors do actually look like colors i look good in, but i definitely also look good in some spring colors (like peach, pinky peach, and some bright colors)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    HA I actually got autumn even though i've been pretty sure i'm spring. i thought i was autumn in the past. either way, i've been sure of one of the two, probably falling somewhere in between as i'm very fair/light eyes, but dark hair. i think most people fall somewhere in between the seasons. these colors do actually look like colors i look good in, but i definitely also look good in some spring colors (like peach, pinky peach, and some bright colors)
    yeah, I thought I was in between a soft summer and soft autumn myself....I considered spring before, but it makes me wonder if that app can pick up on the difference between clear and muted
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just wear dark clothing all the time and i'm blonde and blue eyed and very pale i recently shaved my head cuz i had a britney moment and now i kinda look like death from the seventh seal

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I thought I was in between a soft summer and soft autumn myself....I considered spring before, but it makes me wonder if that app can pick up on the difference between clear and muted
    Yeah, I was pretty rushed doing it too, I'm not sure it picked up my eye color, looked kind of dark lol. My eyes are light, but kind of muddy as opposed to clear. My coloring is really odd. I'm one of those "towheads" who was born blonde and my hair kept getting darker, blonde body hair, but fairly dark head hair (medium brown now). I've also considered soft autumn before. It's confusing too because I'm clearly more warm, but my veins on my underside of wrists have plenty of blue and purple. I might be neutral leaning warm? I don't know man, this isn't science lol, it does work decently well with colors that look good on people though, but not perfectly. I think I look good in black, which should not be the case, should be one of my worst I think

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk what any of these mean really. I don't like calculators rofl and I hate when people assign me body shapes, but I either get told that I'm a pear or an hourglass by calculators or IRL. I'm most likely an endomorph ;P. Going by these palettes and what the people look like, I'm most likely a winter and I do wear a lot of darker shades, mainly black, gray, and reds.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    Idk what any of these mean really. I don't like calculators rofl and I hate when people assign me body shapes, but I either get told that I'm a pear or an hourglass by calculators or IRL. I'm most likely an endomorph ;P. Going by these palettes and what the people look like, I'm most likely a winter and I do wear a lot of darker shades, mainly black, gray, and reds.
    winter is the best palette to be for a goth

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty rushed doing it too, I'm not sure it picked up my eye color, looked kind of dark lol. My eyes are light, but kind of muddy as opposed to clear. My coloring is really odd. I'm one of those "towheads" who was born blonde and my hair kept getting darker, blonde body hair, but fairly dark head hair (medium brown now). I've also considered soft autumn before. It's confusing too because I'm clearly more warm, but my veins on my underside of wrists have plenty of blue and purple. I might be neutral leaning warm? I don't know man, this isn't science lol, it does work decently well with colors that look good on people though, but not perfectly. I think I look good in black, which should not be the case, should be one of my worst I think
    personally, I think everyone looks good in black.. Sometimes when I look at pictures of people getting draped, I think they look good in certain colors and it says it makes them look drab! So idk lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally, I think everyone looks good in black.. Sometimes when I look at pictures of people getting draped, I think they look good in certain colors and it says it makes them look drab! So idk lol
    I saw this male hair artist once who said he actually thought it was better when people had the opposite hair color of their tone. So someone warm-toned skin wise would look better with cool-toned hair and vice versa. He said due to the "contrast". Kind of like complimentary colors I guess? I thought that was interesting.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m caught between a soft summer and a soft autumn. My undertones are very neutral, and there’s low contrast between the color of my skin, eyes, and hair.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most flattering palette for me, would be something like:

yellow and mid-to-pale greens placed close to my skin make me look insipid. As a workaround I'll wear those colours in the form of accessories rather than have them be the focal point of the outfit. My hair is almost black, so a yellow ribbon or pale green flower look good for contrast. Pale pink is more flattering on me when my jacket and/or trousers are deep blue. I don't mind double-denim, when lacking for fashion inspiration...

I found the below guidelines useful, in determining skin undertones.

Your Veins
    The colour of your veins can help you determine your undertone. If they’re green, then you have warm undertones. However, if they’re purple or bluish in colour, then you have cool undertones. If they just match the colour of your skin, then you have neutral undertones.

The Sun Test
    If you sunburn easily, then you have cool undertones. If you’re always tan but never have any sunburns, then you probably have more warm undertones.

Jewellery Test
    Put a piece of gold and silver jewellery on your skin. If gold looks better, you have more warm undertones. If silver looks better, then you’re definitely on the cool undertone team.

There is also a website that draws the most harmonious colour palette from an uploaded photograph: Colorwise.me
    I found it most effective to upload a couple of of photographs with variations on lighting and average out the recommended palettes.

It's interesting to compare the recommended palettes to colours you already wear and are instinctively drawn to.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will go with cool, muted, dark I guess. So not winter but not your average “summer.” (Actually some light cool colors also look good on me so idk)

It’s objectively the case that cool colors look better on me lol, even though I’m closer to neutral than someone extremely “cool,” which has started to make me wonder to what extent people almost wanted to see me as an autumn - because I’m “deeper coloring”/Indian that they insisted that was the better palette over the cooler ones even though it clearly wasn’t. I guess I thought most people who did this stuff had better Si than I did lol, but now I’m beginning to rethink that (and mine is pretty weak; or else I wouldn’t need to ask about this stuff as much, I would just have an instinctive sense of it)

https://theconceptwardrobe.com/post/...e-dark-seasons

as for Kibbe body type I’m more certain now I’m soft natural. Initially I struggled bc for example Kibbe verified SNs don’t really look like me, especially the waist. I probably have Romantic’s more sharply curved lines there and I’m short. But I have SN’s bone structure although I’m still pretty short (5 1) so I’m going to go with SN. I was actually down on myself over something this small that why couldn’t I be the most “feminine” body type like Romantic, but then I think I realized it doesn’t matter.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 05-23-2021 at 05:19 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    The most flattering palette for me, would be something like:

yellow and mid-to-pale greens placed close to my skin make me look insipid. As a workaround I'll wear those colours in the form of accessories rather than have them be the focal point of the outfit. My hair is almost black, so a yellow ribbon or pale green flower look good for contrast. Pale pink is more flattering on me when my jacket and/or trousers are deep blue. I don't mind double-denim, when lacking for fashion inspiration...

I found the below guidelines useful, in determining skin undertones.

Your Veins
    The colour of your veins can help you determine your undertone. If they’re green, then you have warm undertones. However, if they’re purple or bluish in colour, then you have cool undertones. If they just match the colour of your skin, then you have neutral undertones.

The Sun Test
    If you sunburn easily, then you have cool undertones. If you’re always tan but never have any sunburns, then you probably have more warm undertones.

Jewellery Test
    Put a piece of gold and silver jewellery on your skin. If gold looks better, you have more warm undertones. If silver looks better, then you’re definitely on the cool undertone team.

There is also a website that draws the most harmonious colour palette from an uploaded photograph: Colorwise.me
    I found it most effective to upload a couple of of photographs with variations on lighting and average out the recommended palettes.

It's interesting to compare the recommended palettes to colours you already wear and are instinctively drawn to.
    omg I’ve never seen that photo analyzer from colorwise.me before. Thank you for sharing going to have a heyday with that
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://imgur.com/a/1uJOsXQ

Seems like I always get Classic Summer, Soft Summer, or Classic Autumn depending where I put the analyzer in my hair. Skin/eye color doesn’t seem to change anything. I tried a few pics in different lighting and it was the same with them all
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this wonderful website: https://www.idealiststyle.com/blog/t...wearing-colors
    I'm deep warm soft-- colors with a high level of contrast, that are rich and vibrant, but with a splash of grey (so not completely saturated) look the best on me. jewel tones and gunmetal greys. some specific corals and pinks look great on me.

It's a bit frustrating to find clothing with good colors for me seeing as I don't have warm or cool undertones, I have what they call olive undertones. If warms have yellow undertones and cools have pink undertones, olives have greenish undertones.
    (you may have olive undertones if you don't quite fit the "vein color test" and if not gold nor silver looks best on you, but bronze)

This puts both very cool and warm palettes out of question for me.. Which is unfortunately the bulk of the colors they put on clothing, sigh.
    On the bright side, speaking as an artist, the rare colors that make me glow are really beautiful shades =)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://imgur.com/a/1uJOsXQ

Seems like I always get Classic Summer, Soft Summer, or Classic Autumn depending where I put the analyzer in my hair. Skin/eye color doesn’t seem to change anything. I tried a few pics in different lighting and it was the same with them all
    It seems a long and complicated journey...
    what I have managed to narrow down by using the analyser and trying on solid colour tee shirts is a set of colours to steer away from. For me that looks like: orange, yellow, cream and coral pink.

Your hair has more tones/variation in colour than mine, so in terms of the seasons that would place you somewhere between "true" and "soft" ?

When the analyser picks up the lighter tones in your hair I'm guessing it sums that up as = "less contrast", so your result moves toward soft summer.

Your skin tone appears on the cooler side to me, in both photos.

To my eye the greens and fuschia purple from the True summer palette suit you really well, as do the left hand side blues. The bolder colours on that wheel (thinking of purple) might overwhelm you, if they were the predominant part of your outfit. That's just my take

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems a long and complicated journey...
    what I have managed to narrow down by using the analyser and trying on solid colour tee shirts is a set of colours to steer away from. For me that looks like: orange, yellow, cream and coral pink.

Your hair has more tones/variation in colour than mine, so in terms of the seasons that would place you somewhere between "true" and "soft" ?

When the analyser picks up the lighter tones in your hair I'm guessing it sums that up as = "less contrast", so your result moves toward soft summer.

Your skin tone appears on the cooler side to me, in both photos.

To my eye the greens and fuschia purple from the True summer palette suit you really well, as do the left hand side blues. The bolder colours on that wheel (thinking of purple) might overwhelm you, if they were the predominant part of your outfit. That's just my take
    Ha, thanks! It definitely is! All hairdressers I go to tell me I have warm skin tones, and they always put warm colors on my hair. That’s probably why the hair is picking up differently, I have gold highlights in my hair and I colored it red last October, and I think it’s still clinging a bit. But my hair is naturally a light golden brown color, or you could even call it dark blonde. My face freckles a lot when I get in the sun, it gets covered in light brown freckles and I get a yellowing color. It’s confusing because I’m pretty pale and can seem cool toned. My foundation is neutral.

before this I thought I could be a soft summer or soft autumn, but idk. People tell me certain colors look good on me and I try to stick with them usually, when I pick out colorful colors (pale yellow, cornflower blue, soft reds). Kinda think black makes me look sick but I wear it a lot anyway because it’s my favorite color to wear anymore lol. I look awful in white imo and it’s ok because it gets stains easily anyway.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    @aster you might be warm and delicate (video up above)

you only posted two seasons but in those two autumn looks better on you
    relatively speaking summer makes you look greyed out to me...
    ...and that’s all the Si I can muster lol.

autumn is not “it” though; some of those colors are perhaps a little too bright...or little too something. You may be some kind of warm though.
    Thank you

yeah I’m not really feeling autumn or summer on those either. I also got true spring a few times. Never winter though, so maybe that says something...
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have typed my dog as winter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anybody know the blog truth-is-beauty? im an ethereal dramatic gamine

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rivka View Post
    does anybody know the blog truth-is-beauty? im an ethereal dramatic gamine
    Not until now I had a look, and the garments presented for gamine (+some ethereal-gamine) appealed to me the most.
    I like 60s mod silhouettes: A-line skirts, structured coats, stockings and boots.

"edgy sprite" and "intense pixie" are not out of place with ENFp's type image :} I can appreciate the geometric and holographic elements of those ethereal-dramatic-gamine outfits, but wouldn't dare to go out dressed that way. The way I style my hair, and keep my face plain would take away from the desired drama of the outfits, in any case.

...These almost call for iridescent eyshadow, winged eyeliner and coordinated nail polish to set them off.

There is an entire subset of clothing styles I love but prefer to admire on others, who carry it off well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"edgy sprite" and "intense pixie" are not out of place with ENFp's type image :} I can appreciate the geometric and holographic elements of those ethereal-dramatic-gamine outfits, but wouldn't dare to go out dressed that way. The way I style my hair, and keep my face plain would take away from the desired drama of the outfits, in any case.
    There is an entire subset of clothing styles I love but prefer to admire on others, who carry it off well.
    i completely forgot to link this it's fascinating. seems obvious but idk, blew my mind. i really shouldve added context! basically its kibbe but just for your face.

(im probably one of the few enfp's who don't dress for self expression lol I don't dress nearly as ostentatiously as a "real" EDG but I still incorporate a lot of the core concepts)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    https://www.truth-is-beauty.com/9792...next-door.html
    this one is my "type" I guess? I don't know.

Perhaps I should try at least a couple of them lol
    lucky! shopping must be easy for you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    I have never worn them though
    Honestly I have gravitated more towards the girlish outfits in the second link (edited post) my whole life

idk if im ingenue by appearance though, but by vibe/personality I would say yes.

im confused by the way she is organizing these. I am soft natural in kibbe but she "romantic natural" is the closest she has to that.
    the idea is that kibbe is an incomplete system that doesnt account for variance in female aesthetics, leaving out ingenue and ethereal is akin to leaving out dramatic and gamine w/ kibbe. thats why you cant translate the types directly, you'd need all seven! here's a link that explains everything

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rivka View Post
    i completely forgot to link this it's fascinating. seems obvious but idk, blew my mind. i really shouldve added context! basically its kibbe but just for your face.

(im probably one of the few enfp's who don't dress for self expression lol I don't dress nearly as ostentatiously as a "real" EDG but I still incorporate a lot of the core concepts)
    This is very helpful, thank you. Interesting how the guidelines on "dressing for face" echo my existing preferences for clothing. I suppose I vibe like Ellie Kemper, in terms of features - pushing me closer to a true gamine after all.

just out of curiosity... would you consider Grimes' style to be EDG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very helpful, thank you. Interesting how the guidelines on "dressing for face" echo my existing preferences for clothing. I suppose I vibe like Ellie Kemper, in terms of features - pushing me closer to a true gamine after all.

just out of curiosity... would you consider Grimes' style to be EDG?
    sure! sometimes she pulls from ingenue/natural too. her met gala look iirc was romantic

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast