Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MysticSonic, I have to watch it again, but INFp sounds just as good for Fuu as ISFp. I prolly shouldn't even comment though until I see it again.

Chibikeba, which are your favorites? I haven't seen much of the older stuff. I've prolly only seen like a dozen anime series from start to finish, and most of a few more (like Ranma... funny shit, but NOTHING EVER CHANGES, so I just sorta stopped watching about halfway through... but OMG the end of that one movie with the well. That was cool as hell!!!).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Hey hey Joy you used to always say Samurai Shampoo so ^_^ hehe

I've seen more than 10 episodes of FMA but I admit there is a lot about the story that I don't get. I miss the periodically and I became interested in anime very slowly so didn't alway pay attention.

I relate with Fuu, and think she could be INFp, but ISFp seems likely too. But her emotional outbursts seem very INFp >_<

I don't think he's a little bitch either. I think he's pretty badass. Just compared with Mugen he seems all down played. Or something...I don't know, lol.

Charlie I totally wore my Naruto shirt yesterday/today, we WERE TWINS LOL.[/i]

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jin is VERY badass, but his personal life makes him a little bitch. Have you seen all of it? I was kidding when I called it "samurai shampoo" btw

Anime MUST be seen in sequence. I disliked anime, even *gasp* InuYasha until I saw it in sequence.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

yeah sure

i dont really care about the sequence

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I suppose some people don't care about stuff like the plot
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

i care about the plot

i can just enjoy an anime without knowing exactly whats going on, just because of the artwork and what not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah! word up maizmadley..

I can just see a little bit of it and because of my great experience with anime I can figure out most things Same with movies.. I can just turn on a movie in the middle enjoy it then when i am done I leave after it is finished. Not to all movies though.. Some are.. different
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maizemedley, do you watch anime? My point was that anime plots are far too complex to understand when you're just catching an episode here and there. And I'm not picking on anyone. I was jokingly teasing Kelly. No message or whatever. *sighs*
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

The only ones that have been too complex to watch here and there (that I've seen) are Big O, Neon Genisis Evangalion, Paranoia Agent, aaaand thats all I can think of atm.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may be the only anime fan in the world that didn't like Neon Genisis Evangalion OR Paranoia Agent. Except Josh... when Neon Genisis Evangalion ended we looked at eachother in somewhat of a state of disbelief, and all he said was "Let's never speak of this again."
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Yeah Paranoia Agent was annoying, and I really really really have no fucking clue whats going on in each NGE episode. The only good part of that is the the beginning theme, when I picture Peter playing the song really loud and dancing to it. ^_^

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zem
    The only ones that have been too complex to watch here and there (that I've seen) are Big O, Neon Genisis Evangalion, Paranoia Agent, aaaand thats all I can think of atm.
    Can ANYONE understand those? I mean, I love watching them, but man, it's like the Static dichotomy taken to a new extreme. Neon Genesis Evangelion is like watching a slide show of ambiguous, unrelated images.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Quote Originally Posted by Zem
    Can ANYONE understand those? I mean, I love watching them, but man, it's like the Static dichotomy taken to a new extreme. Neon Genesis Evangelion is like watching a slide show of ambiguous, unrelated images.

Yeah I know, I've even tried watching the episodes consecutively and it just doesn't fit together. I watched an episode with my boyfriend, and at the end he said that he felt like he just had a seizure.

I think Big O is understandable if you watch it in order, but Paranoia Agent takes some hardcore concentration.

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, I just finished samurai champloo... I want more!
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paranoia Agent is really simple if you don't think about it too much.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could almost relate to lain sometimes.. :wink:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman
    I could almost relate to lain sometimes.. :wink:
    could+almost+sometimes = never
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give it to me in numbers foo'!

Never is only if you round off. is like .0000000000182 but that is still terrible comparing to lain!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 naruto! we're just finishing season 1. I've seen up to around episode 160 or so, but peter hasn't so we're watching em all.
    SEE

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try watching Puni Puni Poemi if you really liked flcl...

it is so... odd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not just an actress, a VOICE actress... btw, the most disturbing scene I have ever seen was in that anime

okay, so we're into season 2 and I'm beginning to think... maybe naruto IS an ESFp after all... he's so oblivious to what's going on, and his Fi seems to be stronger than his Fe. Mystic, I take it back. you were right. lol
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a little off color humor, nothing graphic
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Oh alright, I was about ta say if there's something heinous like a rape scene in it I'm taking it off my list ^^; I can't watch crap like that, can't even understand how other people can O.o
    yeah... it's something like that, but it's done in a very comical way that's meant to make fun of other anime (and the Japanese people for being pedophiles). it's VERY brief and more shocking than anything, like "holy shit! I can't believe they put that in there!!!"
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So MysticSonic, when are they gonna stop making filler episodes and get back to the plot (we're only on season 3 but I've seen all the way up to where they started making filler episodes).
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presumeably after 183, since Season 4 starts at episode 184.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY!!!
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol still fillers... anyways...

what do you think the chances are that kakashi is ISTp instead of INTp?
    SEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fillers shmillers. I stopped watching Naruto about 20 episodes ago.

Bleach is a damn good anime also made by jump
    I loved Samurai Champloo was great
    Any movie by Hayao Miyazaki is good
    I also just watched a series called Fate Stay Night. I really enjoyed it

I used to hate Anime but when my friend showed me naruto i realised it is more addictive than cocaine
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filler episodes are still being released. The actual plot will continue in October.

The man with the plan MasterfulMischief's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Naruto Manga

My typings:
    Naruto: SEE
    Sasuke: ESI
    Sakura: LIE
    Kakashi: ILI
    Jiraiya: LIE
    Shikamaru: SLI
    Gaara: ILI/SLI (I am unable to tell since he very rarely vocalizes anything)
    Hinata: IEI

Akatsuki:
    Itachi: IEI
    Kisame: SLE
    Pain: EIE
    Konan: Seems ESI right now, could be SEI/LSI
    Deidara: SLE
    Sasori: ILI
    Hidan: SEE
    Kakuzu: LII (humorous conflictorship with hidan lol)
    Zetsu: Not sure, probably two types. My guess is LSI/something

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of somebody. And not just because of this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    You remind me of somebody. And not just because of this.

haha and who is that?

also lol @ clip.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They typed themselves as an ENTj also. Maybe Ni sub. I forget.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with a lot of this. For one Sasuke is 100% SLI, Kakashi is prolly SEI.I think there was a thread about this...

I hate pain

and I want Naruto to be IEE he
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    I disagree with a lot of this. For one Sasuke is 100% SLI, Kakashi is prolly SEI.I think there was a thread about this...

I hate pain

and I want Naruto to be IEE he
    While SLI was definitely my first reaction to type Sasuke before further evaluation (because of the standard SLI stereotype of a cool-headed person good in technical skills over abstract theory = SLI). But when you get down to it and actually analyze his functions he seems like a very clear cut ESI. His main motivations and his reasons for giving them is clearly enraged Fi, something he is extremely focused on and shapes his entire world view (and I'm not just talking about his Itachi vendetta, but also his desire to be the one responsible for punishing Konoha for what they did to his clan/itachi (more so than a normal person, he feels it is his duty to punish the offenders who have wronged his family and this is his life mission). He shows his Fi ego > Fi super id (which would make him seek help from time to time from those strong in Fi to see if his Fi motivations are correct) by absolutely refusing to listen to anyone elses opinion on the matter (when kakashi tried to talk him out of his itachi mission, or when madara suggests that it would be unethical to go against itachi's wishes and go after konoha, Sasuke sets him straight) or even what might be societies opinion on the matter and instead be focused on his opinions which he feels is 100% correct.

He is also very clearly Se > Si imo. In fact I would make the argument he shows more conscious Se than any other character in the entire manga. He is always very focused on achieving his goals and doing whatever possible to achieve them no matter how difficult/dangerous it may be (going to orochimaru, fighting itachi right after the deidara fight, going after killerbee still wounded despite the fact he had no real reason to rush). His main manner of accomplishing his Fi goals is done very clearly through application of very strong conscious Se. The only other argument I could see for SLI would he appears to be rather cold (which superficially seems indicative of Fe polr), but this stems more from emotional problems than anything else, although Fe ignoring makes perfect sense for it too if you think about it (his emotional problems and strong desire to achieve his goals causes him to be much less interested in playing those 'games' associated with the id functions).

As for Kakashi being SEI, that's really hard for me to see tbh lol. The most obvious thing about Kakashi to me is that he is super strong in introverted intuition. Examples of this are literally every battle he has been and his reasons for coming up with his spectacular insight (when I was first getting into socionics was around the time all the konoha nins were looking for sasuke after the deidara fight, and the part where Kakashi instantly figures out that Sasuke has a skilled chakra-sensing ninja on his team by the way they reacted to their approaching instantly jumped out at me as a manifestion of Ni. Also, his Ni is particularly noticeable when interacting with Naruto, who relies very heavily on Kakashi's Ni insights. I am open to other interpretations but it would be very hard to see kakashi as any kind of sensory type imo. Although I can see why you might again think he is Si dominant (seems lazy) but that is more him being removed from everyday life in a way (Ni), but also I think it also very clear he is a logical type.

Anyway I really enjoy discussing the types of some of my favourite fictional characters so I would love to hear your reasons for thinking they are different types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    That list is rather similar to my own, except Shikamaru (who I thought was ILI) and Hinata (who I think is ILI).

I have a couple of questions for you --

Why LIE for Sakura? (I don't disagree, you just seem to be the first person to express the same opinion)

Why SLI for Shikamaru?

Why IEI for Hinata?

My typing of Hinata as ILI is based mostly on that she seems so inspired by and attracted to the very characteristics of Naruto that make me type him as specifically SEE.
    Yeah the most obvious thing about hinata to me is her Se dual seeking (basically every line she has ever praised naruto for has been on his strong Se) she could very well value his Fi but it isn't really shown as much, so it is hard to tell much beyond that, so basically she was either ILI or IEI to me, and I chose IEI because she seems the embody the IEI "softness" as opposed to the ILI "analytic, critical". But I will concede this isn't the greatest evidence to determine between the two and could very easily be wrong. I just don't want to go around typing all the likely characters to get together as duals unless I actually have evidence of that, since it seems to be a common bias on these forums for typing couples.

Sakura was tough, and I wouldn't say I'm certain on it at all but LIE seems to fit best. Her strongest abilities as a ninja seem to be her ability to learn and gather appropriate data (superfically Te) (she was at the top of her class academically, always has useful tidbits of information for naruto, or when Kakashi was training Team 7 and he asked a question to the group Sakura would always answer it, and correctly). Also, I think she fits the LIE "know-it-all" sterotype very well. She very clearly seems to value Se > Si (although it is clear she is not operating with an Se ego), often using her Se on Naruto in a humourous fashion. She also very clearly seems like an extrovert so LIE just kind of came out of all of this.

Shikamaru upon further thought is probably ILI. I went back recently and re-read some of his battles and it is clear he uses lots of Ni, which is probably why he seems so similar to kakashi. However I think he fits the SLI role very well outside of battle (obviously he is most concerned with his physical comfort, not be worried by really anything and considering everything that forces him to put any energy into "bothersome".) He also seems kind of Si to me in his overall demeanor, but it could be I'm just reading him wrong or maybe it's just something kishimoto did to put a bit more of a difference between him and kakashi, therefore making him an impossible to type character.

but these particular character I do not feel as strongly as others so if ur opinion differs I would love to hear your reasoning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I understand that.

I do think she's attracted specifically to his SeFi though, for example his pervasive optimism and determination, while more obviously Se than Fi, is really a manifestation of Se in the SEE -- SLEs are generally a suspicious sort.

As for avoiding typing couples as duals -- I do suspect that Hinata is actually designed that way (though obviously, probably not with knowledge of socionics), and unfortunately her character is not developed as well as many of the other characters in the series.

That's basically the same as my reasoning. Two others that I know of have typed her as IEI but I don't think it really makes sense.

She might not be a very clear character -- her character didn't seem to be developed much (she was pretty much there in the beginning only as a love-struck tween girl, which I don't think is consistent with her character during the rest of the series, although obviously there were some clues like the focus on knowledge, etc.) until the Chunin exams. Perhaps it would actually make more sense to type pre-Chunin-exam Sakura and post-Chunin-exam Sakura separately.

I think her real skill as a ninja might be more in the clear-headed perceptiveness, which could be evidence of an extroverted orientation. Her clear-sightedness even contrasts with other genjutsu type ninjas who often seem to be sleepier/dreamier even while they are alert, like Kurenai or Shikamaru.

In contrast to his team-mate Chouji, who I think is Si-leading, Shikamaru doesn't really seem Si-leading himself. Shikamaru seems to have a predominantly "mental" focus and, while is obviously a skilled shinobi, seems somewhat more in-tune with his plots and strategies than with his physical needs. When spending time with Chouji, while they both appear to be doing the same sort of thing, like lying on the grass, Chouji is preoccupied by eating crisps or is captivated by butterflies, while Shikamaru appears to be daydreaming (I don't think this is said explicitly, but it is my inference).

His "bothersome" comments is used in a few ways -- it's true that he doesn't like using energy when he can help it, but this is as easily attributed to IP temperament as it is Si-leading. He also uses it in relation to very emotional (high Fe, I'd say) situations and antics, like those of Ino (who I think is EIE), which may point to Fe-PoLR.

So, I don't think SLI is necessarily bad, but I think ILI is probably better.
    I agree with most of this. I think most of our disagreement on shikamarus type comes from what exactly is going on when he is chilling out (which when he is not in battle is the majority of the time). but I have to agree yours probably makes more sense given that he is strong in Ni, so if he is going to be fit into model A at all it would have to be as an ILI.

And yeah when considering Sakura I pretty much just looked at part 2, since like you said she had very little character development and definitely had a major shift in her maturity going into part 2 for whatever reason. You didn't really see her strong functions early because kakashi/naruto/sasuke were doing most of the work.

As for naruto/hinata being designed as duals, this seems to happen a lot in stories, probably because they are based off real life examples. Also, our conception of love is someone who will love you for your strengths (w/e they are) and not be bothered by your weaknesses (w/e they are). If that doesn't some up duality and only duality (*cough* slightly activation *cough*) then I don't know what does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admit that, if I were to write a couple into a story, I would probably even deliberately make them duals unless I planned for their relationship to disintegrate.

I forgot to ask before -- what of Jiraiya as LIE?

I'd not really thought of his type much, except to wonder if there was some socionic link between the Jiraiya/Tsunade/Orochimaru triad and the Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke triad.
    haha it's funny how you always pick out the ones I'm not completely sure about :tongue:

but basically jiraiya seems Te leading (he is constantly gathering information[on akatsuki, orochimaru, research for his novels, w/e]) which is kind of weak I admit but he also seems to have an Fe role that he uses regularly. I picked LIE > LSE because he also seems to clearly be a positivist ("I think the day will come when people can truly understand one another"). Also he seems to embody the entj joker vibe (when they have their role on) but you can tell that is not his preferred/usual mode of operating, which is much more serious and thoughtful. Also he seems aggressor seeking in the way he tries to flirt with tsunade when she is first introduced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds reasonable, though I'm not quite convinced. :tongue:

The constant gathering of information is also somewhat different to that of Sakura, as different as a spy and a researcher, really. Jiraiya's skills in information gathering may be better attributed to sensory awareness, or even to Fi in some cases as he seems to rely on his contacts as much as observation.

Otherwise, I think its an interesting suggestion. I think I'll need to re-read that part of the manga.
    yeah, like I said even I think the reasoning is pretty weak. I just don't see anything about jiraiya that immediately jumps out at me as strong in any particular direction. But I still do believe that he is information gathering is Te just manifested differently than sakura (obviously jiraiya is passed the point of being able to learn much of value about ninjutsu from books/teachers). Te deals with the external activity of objects, the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, movement, and actions which seems like it would be the main function being used in traditional information gathering (at least when targeting organizations). Also he seems very Ni in the sense he always has one eye to the future and tends to be the one to warn about either upcoming trouble or taking active steps to stop that trouble with a perfect idea of the time frame.

but agreed I probably should just go back and read his key parts again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast