TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Day in the life

Of dual interactions:

My husband and I are taking our toddler for a walk and we let her out of the stroller to explore. When it’s time to put her back into the stroller she resists and puts up a fight which is often emotional and protests. I told my husband “it’s so much easier when you are doing it” and he tells me “because I use more force then you!” I told him I can only put her back when she’s calm and doesn’t put up a huge fight.

I hate Se polr, can’t even use force to put my child in a stroller without some major emotional wear out.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Of dual interactions:

My husband and I are taking our toddler for a walk and we let her out of the stroller to explore. When it’s time to put her back into the stroller she resists and puts up a fight which is often emotional and protests. I told my husband “it’s so much easier when you are doing it” and he tells me “because I use more force then you!” I told him I can only put her back when she’s calm and doesn’t put up a huge fight.

I hate Se polr, can’t even use force to put my child in a stroller without some major emotional wear out.
    You should hate Se, not Se PoLR. If you hate hating Se then you value Se a least a little.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What usually helps me with this is distraction, get real enthusiastic about something and point to it while you are getting her in, distract her with a toy or treat. Maybe sing to her or tell her an interesting story, It took me a while to figure this out and I learned the hard way, but if you can learn the art of distraction, it makes life a lot easier
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

can’t even use force to put my child in a stroller without some major emotional wear out
    it's more about strenght, than value. S is weak region of EIE

the main difference with EII is what kind of emotions they'd prefer for influence. rude barking or trying to energize on something is more common for Fe

"major emotional" state is Fe related theme. Fi type would used more subjective terms as "it's difficult for me"
    Last edited by Sol; 06-26-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have kids myself, but I hear such complaints all the time by people who do have them. But, "they get so many things in return".... yeah, sure....
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

the main difference with EII is what kind of emotions they'd prefer for influence. rude barking or trying to energize on something is more common for Fe

"major emotional" state is Fe related theme. Fi type would used more subjective terms as "it's difficult for me"
    I wouldn’t be bothered by her emotions if I liked Fe since I would like emotions and Fe is emotions. You’re an idiot
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    What usually helps me with this is distraction, get real enthusiastic about something and point to it while you are getting her in, distract her with a toy or treat. Maybe sing to her or tell her an interesting story, It took me a while to figure this out and I learned the hard way, but if you can learn the art of distraction, it makes life a lot easier
    I tried that but she’s a one track type of a child. She doesn’t care about anything except what she wants. She’s very willfully and determined and mommy is calm and peaceful. She can get away with me but not my husband lol
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

How many times did I use the subjective form “I”? Omg what is wrong with you?

Here:
    “I told him..”
    “I hate...”
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Beautiful sky

Wrong is often with opinions about types said by you. As you base those opinions much on your emotions, while doing so for logical themes. And due to the lack of typology competence, what is general situation.

You get other opinions, as in this theme. This forum exists for this.
    If you suppose that typology discussions are not appropriate on this forum, then you are some wrong.

Read normal typology sources and think better to get lesser of criticism and spread lesser of misleadings about types.
    Instead of funny whinings alike: "shut up disagreements with me!", "what is a psyche disorder when people disagree with me?!"
    When you get the criticism in logical theme - the appropriate is to argument your views logically too. If you have logical basis for that, certainly. What seems lacks, as you do not show it but show emotions.

This forum and Jung types are not for emotional games, like you want to use it. This is logics related site which purpose is to give the truth about types. The info here may be used further and should be correct to make life better, but not worse by mistakes. When you act opposite to this - to oppose the misldeadings you are geting disagreements.

When you whine on this forum about geting disagreements about types - it's your inadequate behavior. And such you may to have psyche disorders leading to this behavior. Though, your possible psychiatry issues is outside of Jung types to talk about them here. You may take a visit to a medic, if you want a help to feel more adequately when geting disagreements appropriate for that forums.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcakemonster View Post
    Are you looking for advice? Just venting? Or are we supposed to share examples of interactions with our duals?
    Whatever you want in the day of a life experience with any of whatever goes on with you
    -

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    You should hate Se, not Se PoLR. If you hate hating Se then you value Se a least a little.
    It's possible to hate yourself, I guess.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm. That is the great things about dads usually. There is that strong firm hand of boundaries of what is acceptable and what is not- and my LII dad was the same way even tho he had Se polr. He could be a dick at times but I grew to respect him because of that. And I miss having that in my life even tho I'm not a kid anymore.

It seems to me like you told the story as an excuse to be like 'ooh my LSE hubby is so strong, tough and straight!' Which is fine, just how it came across to me? lol.

I wouldn't give excuses like 'oh it's just my se polr' if you don't set firm boundaries with people in life. There is a bit of natural gender stuff going on here I think, but regardless- if taken too far it could lead to u feeling attacked and like u can't set good boundaries with ppl because of it. Then you could go into that unhealthy Delta martydom thing. It would be like me refusing to try and get a job because I have Te polr. Which I won't anyway, not tonight- because I do have Te polr. =D

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another thing.

I already chastised Maritsa for her role in the conflict, but just to clarify-

This place is NOT only a place where logical types can mutually masturbate amongst themselves and huff the farts of their own "logic". It's for people with both a T and F orientation. If you want to just keep the conversation 'totally logical' read a book about socionics by yourself in the dark or something, or go visit some conservative bar where only str8 males are allowed. Human beings are going to be emotional and respond emotionally, get over it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Another thing.

I already chastised Maritsa for her role in the conflict, but just to clarify-

This place is NOT only a place where logical types can mutually masturbate amongst themselves and huff the farts of their own "logic". It's for people with both a T and F orientation. If you want to just keep the conversation 'totally logical' read a book about socionics by yourself in the dark or something, or go visit some conservative bar where only str8 males are allowed. Human beings are going to be emotional and respond emotionally, get over it.
    Not everything is about gay people and straight people. You discriminate a lot
    -